• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Word of the Day IV - Letter Words

Bph, I should look into your work.

Also, definitely not related word. Just one I quite enjoy temerity.

Floccinaucinihilipilification - The act of estimating something as worthless.

E.g. When most people hear floccinaucinihilipilification, they consider it to be a useless word, this instance would be in itself a floccinaucinihilipilification!

E.g. When most people hear floccinaucinihilipilification, they consider it to be a useless word, this instance would be in itself a floccinaucinihilipilification!

You'd have to be very confident of your pronunciation to use that word to describe something as worthless, & I'd be very surprised if anyone who would use it in conversation would think anything they did as worthless - just thought about it - could describe something else as worthless & make the creator of the worthless thing even more shit if they didn't understand the word & had to ask what it meant. (Maybe I'm overthinking this!)

My word is Turgid

re: Floccinaucinihilipilification, I swear that comes up on University challenge every single time.

I keep reading the thread title as having to have 4-letter words, then relieved when I realise (repeatedly) it's just the fourth incarnation

Bubbly

Last edited:
Orotund

Flocky-Knocky-Ne'er-Hilly-Pilly-Fication