• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

250-500 mg is fine for anxiety , equivalent to up to 0.5 mg of xanax imo.

However when you up the dosage to 2500/4000 milligrams the high gets significantly more impairing and can only be compared to taking xanax+alcohol. So it makes sense that the withdrawals get worse I think this has to do with the switch to the Gaba b receptor at high doses.

So basically I am getting the idea that nothing in Pinpoint's thread about his 48 hour panic attack complete with insomnia and full blown psychosis and paranoia with open eye visuals (sounds like they WEREN'T fun) and auditory hallucinations has scared you off from what you are doing.

You know you can DIE from Phenibut WD right???

But now you are asking how to potentiate Heroin, Ambien and Vodka which is already probably a lethal combo and should potentiate eachother just fine.

Why wasn't heroin enough for being confined to bed for 2 weeks??

Don't take this the wrong way, but seeing as losing your job and ending up in a psych ward didn't help you and none of this shit has helped you learn you sound like the kind of guy who needs to end up in the hospital for an extended stay for something EVEN WORSE to learn...and still that might not be enough.

I mean dude, who needs to ask how to potentiate the combo of heroin, vodka and Ambien??!?!
It sucks, I'm still confined to the bed and I don't feel like I'll ever get better. Downers are my only escape

Update: on second week @ 3-4g/day
Physically I'm not confined 2 bed anymore but now Im on crutches to move around so I have to keep taking the phenibut cuz I still cant exercise. Crutches are a pain in the ass so I consider myself to be bed bound still.

I'm so bored yet I can't do nothing but drugs. I thought about buying a ps4 but how is my crippled ass gonna carry that damn thing from the store? Both of my hands have to hold onto the crutches. Lol

Last edited:
Physically I'm not confined 2 bed anymore but now Im on crutches to move around so I have to keep taking the phenibut cuz I still cant exercise. Crutches are a pain in the ass so I consider myself to be bed bound still.

I'm so bored yet I can't do nothing but drugs. I thought about buying a ps4 but how is my crippled ass gonna carry that damn thing from the store? Both of my hands have to hold onto the crutches. Lol

Idk man, get someone to help you bring the ps4 home from the store? I'm an Xbox one man myself, but to each his own I guess. But dude, start reading a book or do something creative like art, music, writing, etc. I've been reading "Gone Girl" and that book kicks ass, super interesting, and I'm not the kinda guy who is a 'reader". I only suggest this because I've gotten into the habit of using drugs to kill time because I was bored in the past, and once I got dependant on em, it was VERY hard to stop, because once I got through the physical WD, I'd realize the only thing I used to fill time was drugs, so it was "boring" to fucking do anything else, which led me to full on relapses a whole bunch o times. Just saying dude, don't put so much faith/value/significance/importance on drugs. They're supposed to enhance experiences or enable experiences........not BE the experience (except some of the hallucinogens haha).

Idk man, get someone to help you bring the ps4 home from the store? I'm an Xbox one man myself, but to each his own I guess. But dude, start reading a book or do something creative like art, music, writing, etc. I've been reading "Gone Girl" and that book kicks ass, super interesting, and I'm not the kinda guy who is a 'reader". I only suggest this because I've gotten into the habit of using drugs to kill time because I was bored in the past, and once I got dependant on em, it was VERY hard to stop, because once I got through the physical WD, I'd realize the only thing I used to fill time was drugs, so it was "boring" to fucking do anything else, which led me to full on relapses a whole bunch o times. Just saying dude, don't put so much faith/value/significance/importance on drugs. They're supposed to enhance experiences or enable experiences........not BE the experience (except some of the hallucinogens haha).
Thanks dude. Yeahive been using drugs because I have nothing else to do. Literally nothing , I will sit on my bed all day and read posts on online forums. If I had something to keep me busy, I wouldnt be doing that. I used to be addicted to online gaming before drugs, so I've always had an addictive personality. The reason why I'm injured, is cuz I got addicted to exercise lol. Anything I do, I get addicted to. If it's something I enjoy, I will get addicted to it. I started watching a TV series, I finished all seasons in a matter of days, because I watched every episode nonstop. I used my computer so much, it over heated and died. Now I have nothing to do, so back to drugs. I will try to get a PS4 tomorrow, that would help me pass the time as I heal from my injury and keep me off phenibut. Then return it before the 30 days expire lol

I'm not really trying to be a dick here...BUT......

If you being confined to bed for just 2 weeks means you HAVE to indulge in all sorts of drugs I'd HATE to see what you'd be like if you had THREE torn ACLs in the past like I did.

Imagine not being able to really walk much at all for the first 3 weeks...I mean you CAN while in a brace AND crutches, and not only that, but you you have to sleep with this giant brace on which is hard, and you have to commit yourself to DAILY physical therapy for SIX months.

I mean it's SO bad that when you first get out of the hospital one of the "exercises" is just to sit in a fucking chair and try to lift your foot off the ground....and it's REALLY hard to do.

Like right after surgery you can't sit in a chair and lift your foot more than one fucking inch off the ground cause you have no strength in your leg and if someone tries to push your leg to do it you'll be in EXTREME pain.

You have to first sit in an electronic chair that moves your leg back and forth to your chest and back because you can't even move it that much by yourself and you have to sit in that shit FOUR HOURS A DAY for the first 2 weeks till you achieve a certain range of motion.

Of course you WOULD be on painkillers as I was like Oxycodone and Hydrocodone for the pain...and yes of course I had some fun with them as well but didn't use them to actually get high more than two or three days a week max cause I knew I'd get addicted.

And I went through that THREE times.

That's a total of 18 MONTHS of that shit...over the course of 5 years cause I kept blowing my knee out again.

Sad to say it....but I think if you'd been in that situation...I'm not so sure you'd have been able to avoid ODing on heroin lol.

Sorry, that's NOT a nice thing to say...I'm being a dick here...I appologize as I'm a bit bitchy since I am in Kratom withdrawal which as we both know is NOT that bad....but still makes me pissy and bitchy lol.

I guess my point is: be VERY wary of using drugs to escape from physical problems because if you ever have a REAL SERIOUS injury I can't imagine how much worse you could make it for yourself.

However, I should really heed my own advice cause instead of using drugs to escape PHYSICAL injuries which I've been surprisingly good at NOT doing THAT much of, I use them to escape mental problems, depression and anxiety.

So I guess I kind of need to listen to my own advice for different reasons lol.

Last edited:
On a TOTALLY different note I have just one question:

I NEVER use Phenibut more than 2 days a week BUT it's pretty rare that a 7 day period would go by without me dosing at least one day so is it POSSIBLE that if I went...lets say...10 days without that on like day 8 or 9 or 10 withdrawals could SUDDENLY appear even though I have NEVER had ANY before when sticking to my schedule of never dosing more than 2 days a week??

Probably not right?

Wouldn't WDs start before that and if they don't happen by 7 days after your last dose then they aren't going to happen??

On a TOTALLY different note I have just one question:

I NEVER use Phenibut more than 2 days a week BUT it's pretty rare that a 7 day period would go by without me dosing at least one day so is it POSSIBLE that if I went...lets say...10 days without that on like day 8 or 9 or 10 withdrawals could SUDDENLY appear even though I have NEVER had ANY before when sticking to my schedule of never dosing more than 2 days a week??

Probably not right?

Wouldn't WDs start before that and if they don't happen by 7 days after your last dose then they aren't going to happen??
Pretty sure you would notice withdrawals within 48 hrs after ur last dose of phenibut. And it's alright, I'm always bitchy and miserable unless I'm on some kind of substance. whenI'm sober, I realize how much life sucks. If I don't have an escape, whether it be video games, exercise, or drugs... I will go nuts. The last I was fully sober was 3-4 yrs ago, when I was on anti depressants, u see, life without some sort of crutch is just plain depressing

Pretty sure you would notice withdrawals within 48 hrs after ur last dose of phenibut. And it's alright, I'm always bitchy and miserable unless I'm on some kind of substance. whenI'm sober, I realize how much life sucks. If I don't have an escape, whether it be video games, exercise, or drugs... I will go nuts. The last I was fully sober was 3-4 yrs ago, when I was on anti depressants, u see, life without some sort of crutch is just plain depressing

Yeah I know what you mean.

I mean I wouldn't say that FOR ME life ALWAYS "sucks when I'm not on drugs"...but I need SOMETHING to be addicted to like you said about yourself, also with exercise.

That's probably why I injured myself so many times, just pushing myself too hard too fast.

I have to have SOMETHING to be REALLY into, whether it's a TV show, a sport, a book, a drug, ANYTHING or I will go crazy.

I have long periods of sobriety, often several months if not more (not including my anti depressants and coffee) but there's never a time I'm not doing SOMETHING to a crazy extent.

So I'd agree with the other poster you should try to find some other things to be really into that won't hurt you as much as drugs like TV shows, internet, video games, books, music, whatever it is even if you can't exercise or move much.

Why don't you try to get back on anti depressants if they seem to have helped you so much??

Why don't you try to get back on anti depressants if they seem to have helped you so much??
Do you take any anti depressants?I tried Paxil and it did "cure me " but it's a potent inhibitor of 2d6 liver enzyme which blocks a majority of drugs. Actually most SSRI medication does this, but not to the extent of Paxil. I might ask my doctor for Zoloft , as its the most commonly prescribed ssri for anxiety ,but they say Paxil is the most potent SSRI and best for social anxiety, doctors don't reallyprescribe it anymore because of side effects... But I've always had GO BI OR GO HOME attitude, so I might as well just go back on Paxil, as I'm already Rx'd it. The only drug that worked o n it was alcohol. That shit just BLOCKS everything lol. Including happiness , sadness,etc. I doubt phenibut would work,, even if I used it only once a week, so that would suck. Phenibut has given me some pretty great experiences in life...

Not sure if I wanna trade the NECTAR OF THE GODS (phenibut) and KRATOM for PAXIL yet.
But Paxil + Exercise + Alcohol( 1 beer) = Extremely pro social effect, almost in that ZEN / STREET SMARTS state of mind like on PHENIBUT but without the empathy or horny ness. So while I could pick up any chick, I would have to pull the
"sorry but I don't wanna fuck , nice talking to ya LOL"

Last edited:
Do you take any anti depressants?I tried Paxil and it did "cure me " but it's a potent inhibitor of 2d6 liver enzyme which blocks a majority of drugs. Actually most SSRI medication does this, but not to the extent of Paxil. I might ask my doctor for Zoloft , as its the most commonly prescribed ssri for anxiety ,but they say Paxil is the most potent SSRI and best for social anxiety, doctors don't reallyprescribe it anymore because of side effects... But I've always had GO BI OR GO HOME attitude, so I might as well just go back on Paxil, as I'm already Rx'd it. The only drug that worked o n it was alcohol. That shit just BLOCKS everything lol

Yes, I am on Lexapro (escitalopram) for depression and Klonopin for anxiety.

They both work but only to an extent.

Klonopin helps my social anxiety GREATLY...but it doesn't do enough for my general anxiety, nor does it actually make me WANT to go out and be social like drinking or Kratom or Phenibut, it just gets rid of this one REALLY bad problem I have which I don't feel like discussing, but lets just say it's a life saver for me.

The Lexapro works for SOME of my depression but I don't really notice that I'm on it, all I know is that when I was cut off from my Klonopin for 9 months about 2 years ago I had been on Prozac and all that time I kind of didn't realize the Prozac WASN'T working cause the Klonopin masked it and did the rest of the work.

Suddenly when NOT on Klonopin for those 9 months I realized I was SERIOUSLY fucking depressed (AND of course really anxious without the Klonopin) and I switched to Lexapro.

Then I was able to start actually getting out of bed and doing some shit again, because while so depressed all I wanted to do was sleep, but I still had fucking horrible social anxiety cause some stupid doctor thought I shouldn't be on Klonopin.

FINALLY I got back on Klonopin again, and with the combo of Klonopin and Lexapro I am KIND of ok...still not really too great lol....but good enough to go out and face the world SOMETIMES and work a job, make money, and live life to an extent.

YES it is true that many drugs cannot be taken on SSRIs and are very dangerous and can cause serotonin syndrome BUT you'd be surprised at the large number of drugs I HAVE been able to get good and high on WITHOUT problems while still on both Lexapro and Klonopin.

Like they say not to drink on Lexapro (or Klonopin) but I drink on both all the time.

That does NOT mean it's a good idea (especially on Klonopin which only ONCE out of about 1,000 times caused me to black out and that was my FIRST day back on Klonopin after 9 months off of it so OBVIOUSLY the reason it happened was that I lost my tolerance to Klonopin and once I gained it back I was able to drink just as much on Klonopin and NOT black out...but still DON'T drink too much on Klonopin)....

But anyways, so yeah, I am able to use all of the following drugs on both Klonopin and Lexapro and get high and not YET (knock on wood) do any SERIOUS harm to myself: alcohol, weed, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone (be VERY careful I Do NOT suggest mixing Opiates with BENZOS!!!) Kratom, Phenibut, Prolintane, Dexadrine, LSD, Shrooms, Salvia Divinorum, Opium, Nitrous Oxide, Kratom extract, Indian Warrior herb (just a VERY mild herb), and a bunch of others.

I mean my favorite drugs have always been things like Kratom, weed, alcohol, Shrooms and LSD and I never had a problem with any of them on either Lexapro, Prozac or Klonopin.

BUT....things like DXM will fucking KILL YOU if you take them on an SSRI...and things like Ecstasy or Molly (which I have never been able to use cause I was always on an SSRI since age 14) at BEST will NOT get you AT ALL high if you are taking an SSRI and at WORST could really hurt or kill you.

You just have to REALLY do your homework to figure out what you can and can't take.

But in my life I've never had a bad interaction with an SSRI and only one black out from drinking on Klonopin...and I'd only say my track record is good from a mixture of doing my research on Bluelight which was really a great discovery, and probably also some degree of luck before I knew about this website and was younger.

I hadn't seen the last part of your post but I don't know about Paxil but Lexapro is probably pretty closely related and I've had ZERO trouble getting high on Phenibut or Kratom on it.

MAYBE IF Paxil is different Phenibut MIGHT be an issue (I can't really see why though) but i SERIOUSLY doubt you would have ANY trouble getting high on Kratom.

I mean why would an SSRI block an opioid???

Doesn't make sense to me why it would, OR why it would block a GABA B drug like Phenibut and for me Lexapro does neither and neither did Prozac which is another SSRI (actually I never mixed Phenibut with Prozac, only Lexapro but Kratom DID get me high on BOTH Prozac and Lexapro and Phenibut also works just fine on Lexapro).

FOR ME Lexapro does NOT block emotions.

I still feel everything, depressed (not AS depressed thankfully) happy IF something good happens which it sometimes does lol, can laugh, can feel all the same emotions as off of it.

I know SOME people react that way to SOME SSRIS but neither Prozac or Lexapro ever gave me those issues, nor have I had any problems with my libido which everyone else seems to very annoyingly say ALWAYS happen if you take an SSRI, cause that's NOT ALWAYS true.

That sounds just like me dude, sitting on the computer all day, being high and surfin the web. I get it dude, I still do that sometimes, just without all the drugs. I threw myself into making music which is something I've loved since I was 14 but let fall the the side when drugs got the lead role in my life. You just gotta find something to occupy. You mentioned excersize.....its funny, I had a friend like you......after rehab he'd drink like 20 bottles of water a day and run hor hours on the treadmill........he would even binge eat carrots and cellery.......I guess, like you, he needed to be constantly occupied

I've been taking Phenibut for a while but there's still a few questions I have about it I was wondering if other users could answer:

1) How long does a Phenibut high really last for most people??

Like for me, I started taking some early today at around 10:30 AM and it kicked in around 12:30PM and it's now around 10:30PM at night and I'm still on it, although I redosed more later on but I am pretty sure even my first dose is still effecting me.

That's why I think Phenibut highs actually last like 12 hours.

Do other people feel like it lasts that long though??

I definitely don't think it wears off ANY sooner than like 9 hours.

I mean for me it lasts a LONG time.

2) Likewise, what is Phenibut's half life?

Most people say that 5 times the half life is how long a drug is in your system, but some people would say 7.

So I'm just wondering how long it stays in your system.

3) How long do most Phenibut users feel it takes for Phenibut to kick in after they take it??

For me, I feel like it takes somewhere between 1 1/2 and 2 hours to kick in.

Like today, like I said I took my first dose at 10:30AM and I'd already had some strong coffee so I was wide awake but I was lying on my bed around the time it kicked in and all I know is that a little after the clock said noon I was out like a light again for another 2 1/2 hours and getting really weird dreams so I know the Phenibut put me back to sleep meaning that it had taken somewhere around 90 mins to kick in.

But maybe for some people it could take longer or shorter based on your body chemistry.

Also, I am talking about Phenibut HCL here and not Phenibut FFA, although I didn't find much difference between the two since I've tried both.

Thanks.

For me, I begin to feel the effects about an hour and a half to two hours in, but I don't experience the full effect until about seven hours after dosing. It lasts well into the next day for me. About the half life I couldn't tell you. I started building a tolerance cycling a gram on a day off a day, and after about a month of doing that I did experience uncomfortable side effects taking an extended break, the scariest probably being muscle tremors in my legs. Now I only dose about a gram every three days, and that seems to work just fine for its intended purpose without any major drawbacks.

For me, I begin to feel the effects about an hour and a half to two hours in, but I don't experience the full effect until about seven hours after dosing. It lasts well into the next day for me. About the half life I couldn't tell you. I started building a tolerance cycling a gram on a day off a day, and after about a month of doing that I did experience uncomfortable side effects taking an extended break, the scariest probably being muscle tremors in my legs. Now I only dose about a gram every three days, and that seems to work just fine for its intended purpose without any major drawbacks.

Wow it lasts into the next day for you??

I don't think it does for me, but I dosed 2 days in a row the past 2 before today and today I'm extra sensitive emotionally so I am wondering if that's a little bit of GABA rebound but I doubt it could actually be real WD because I have done this amount several times before and never had WD.

Because the tub says no more than 4,000mgs in a week I used to stick to that but because so many people said it was ok to do more than that I settled on no more than 8,000mgs in a week and NEVER taken on more than 3 seperate days in a week even if divided up over those it equaled less or the same amount.

Sounds like from what you are doing you'd consider 8,000mgs in a week to be too much but again, I've never had any bad side effects from it, beyond maybe IF this bit of sensitivity I am experiencing today is a bit of rebound but I'm not anxious which is often what happens with GABA rebound, like when I get drunk on my Klonopin I am always very anxious the next day when hungover but I've never had that happen to me with Phenibut.

I always take 1g before bed. Great sleep and dreams, then it's peaking beautifully when I wake up next morning. It lasts all day. Such a perfect day.

I quit Phenibut cold turkey after 3weeks of daily usage At day 5 with zero sleep. This shit is like GHB/GBL withdrawal but longer. Fucking sucks!

The real wd kicks in after 48-72 hrs and the time goes by soooo SLOW. Everything sucks. I can do nothing but lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. Minutes seems like hours, Hours like days. How much longer of this bullshit will I have to tolerate?

Last edited:
The real wd kicks in after 48-72 hrs and the time goes by soooo SLOW. Everything sucks. I can do nothing but lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. Minutes seems like hours, Hours like days. How much longer of this bullshit will I have to tolerate?

Did you quit cold turkey? Tapering would me much less painful.