• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸INJECTIONS: I.V. FAQs & Info MEGATHREAD⫷

Iv meth need help options on what's wrong WORRIED

About a week and couple days ago did a shot and it was fine for 24 hrs then it got painful but there wasn't any swelling or signs of infection as far as it being read are having drainage or fluid under it or even coming too ahead so I don't think it's an abscess and it still isn't swollen or have any of the symptoms but it hurts really bad after a few days of the pain I start noticing a crackling and popping sound and could even feel it when I slightly put pressure on the area did some research and so far I feel like it could be crepitus or a slight or minimal case of the process gas gangrene which is fluid or gas for air under the subcutaneous soft tissue or muscle because it is it infected or have any infestations or anything other than those two symptoms I haven't went I've been trying to wait it out but it hasn't gotten worse and it hasn't gotten better has anyone ever had anything like this and if so what did you do
Also when I am not moving my arm in anyway or when I'm sleeping at night or not straining the muscles it doesn't hurt at all so like by the time I wake up so long as I'm not moving at all night it's not painful but the more I move it obviously the more it hurts​

About a week and couple days ago did a shot and it was fine for 24 hrs then it got painful but there wasn't any swelling or signs of infection as far as it being read are having drainage or fluid under it or even coming too ahead so I don't think it's an abscess and it still isn't swollen or have any of the symptoms but it hurts really bad after a few days of the pain I start noticing a crackling and popping sound and could even feel it when I slightly put pressure on the area did some research and so far I feel like it could be crepitus or a slight or minimal case of the process gas gangrene which is fluid or gas for air under the subcutaneous soft tissue or muscle because it is it infected or have any infestations or anything other than those two symptoms I haven't went I've been trying to wait it out but it hasn't gotten worse and it hasn't gotten better has anyone ever had anything like this and if so what did you do
Also when I am not moving my arm in anyway or when I'm sleeping at night or not straining the muscles it doesn't hurt at all so like by the time I wake up so long as I'm not moving at all night it's not painful but the more I move it obviously the more it hurts​

I honestly have no idea. If any of the symptoms get worse I'd seek the ER. I've once had over a 100 units of air underneith my right lower leg's skin (you really don't want to know how that happened), so I know that crackling sound all too well. It scared the living shit out of me - well it was just air, not shit, but still scary. What I did was poke a hole and push the air out. I then proceeded to clean the apartment of blood for 12 hours straight. <3 drugs. Good times.

It's possible you had an infection which can cause gas to build up depending on the pathogenic organism involved. If there is no more pain though, your body has probably gotten rid of the intruders. However nobody here will be able to tell you for sure. For all we know you could be dead come tomorrow.

I am pretty sure it wasn't an artery hit. When you hit an artery, the blood travels AWAY from the heart. OP, you were saying the burning sensation traveled UP your leg, which is TOWARDS your heart. Have you been using the veins in your foot a lot before this? Like I mentioned above, like you, shooting suboxone films has messed up all of my arm and hand veins, so I had to find somewhere else to go. So I did some research about IV'ing into your legs and feet. I had already shot into my feet many times before, but I hated it cuz the veins tend to roll, and just poking yourself down there hurts like a motherfuck. I tend to avoid the feet. Lol. Anyway, while researching leg and foot veins, I found the Great Saphenous Vein that travels from your inner groin/thigh area down the very inner knee, and down the inner side of your calf. I decided to try it. I registered successfully, and injected. It felt just fine as I was sitting down, but when I stood up to go, it felt like I strained/pulled my groin muscle. At first I didn't think it was from the shot, because everything else went fine. The bupe had it's usual IV effects, so I knew it was a successful hit. I just thought I strained my groin from standing up funny. That soon got proven wrong when I shot in there again later on. This time the pain was stiffer and more pronounced. I am pretty sure that the sub film just has some inactive caustic ingredients/substances in it that will irritate fresh blood vessels that never had foreign substances injected directly into them. It's weird though because just recently I had injected a fentanyl solution into that same vein, and didn't notice that burning sensation. So I am pretty sure it was just the suboxone films inactives that were the culprits inducing the sensation.

What else I was saying is I am pretty sure (BUT NOT 100% SURE) you didn't hit an artery. I had once accidentally injected a ~1.5mg piece of a suboxone strip directly into my radial artery once. I don't think I ever injected into an artery before this, but when it happened, I KNEW IMMEDIATELY WHAT IT WAS. Since most, if not all, of my regular veins at the crook of the elbow, and all the other ones in the upper area of my forearm/elbow are shot or just scared tissues so bad they are inaccessible, I decided to look further down my forearm towards the wrists, I found what looked like a good vessel. I didn't think of, or didn't know any better, that arteries have a pulse, since the heart pumps blood out through them, dispersing blood throughout your body to your extremities. I proceeded to attempt registering nonetheless. I don't know if it was the lighting in that bathroom, or if the color of the cloudy suboxone solution that covered up the look of the arterial blood. If I recall correctly, the blood that came gushing into the syringe didn't seem to appear as that BRIGHT RED AND FOAMY BLOOD, that they say arterial resembles when registering, but the blood DID COME IN WITH A LOT MORE PRESSURE AND FORCE, rather than a normal venous register. VENOUS BLOOD REGISTERS DARK IN COLOR, SLOWLY, AND WITH LOW PRESSURE. I proceeded to inject, despite the warning sign of how fast the blood ran in, and the high pressure , it kind of put resistance on the plunger as I was pushing it down.

After injecting, I IMMEDIATELY noticed things were not right. Right after injecting it felt like my hand was ON FIRE. I ALSO NOTICED WHITE SPOTS BROKE OUT DOWN THE REST OF MY FOREARM, WRIST, AND HAND. I ALSO GOT A VERY INTENSE SHARP PAIN IN THE JOINTS OF MY THUMB. Kind of like someone took my thumb, twisted it, then stabbed a knife through it. Man, it hurt so bad! MY THUMB AND INDEX FINGER ALSO SWELLED UP IMMENSELY TO WHERE I COULDNT BEND THEM FOR A FEW MINUTES. I ALSO CAME DOWN IN A RUSH OF A SEVERE PANIC ATTACK. Frantically, I logged onto BlueLight, and was able to confirm I had indeed injected into an artery. I found that all sources and information I read pointed to going to the ER IMMEDIATELY. I read about how arterial injections, especially when injecting PILLS, can lead to SERIOUS COMPLICATIONS, SUCH AS GANGRENE FROM CLOGGED CAPILLARIES. When injecting into an artery, the substance travels into smaller and smaller blood vessels. Any particles that were not dissolved all the way and were not water soluble, can get lodged and clog up those cappilaries, and basically the oxygenated, rich blood cannot flow right to where it needs to go, then necrotizes and dies. This is GANGRENE.

Worried as fuck, I went downstairs and told my friend about it and asked if he could run me to the ER. He wouldn't do it!! Some friend Huh? He just said that I would be fine, and that it had happened to him before, and he wound up fine. This would have comforted me, but I didn't inject heroin like he did this time. It was a sub strip piece, and I tried explaining to him that it may have different ingredients inside it that could cause serious problems, but he wasn't convinced it was an emergency. I contemplated calling 911, but I didn't want to have an ambulance at the house with his mom due home very soon. I would have wound up homeless in the street if she had showed up during it and found out what I was doing. So figuring I was stuck, I thought I would just put a warm compress on and off throughout the night, and just read up on it for a while. The swelling had subsided considerably, and there wasn't much pain anymore.

I stayed up for a few hours reading up on arterial injection and the complications and dangers. I read that even though most of the swelling and the pain subsided, I wasn't out of the woods quite yet. I found that it can actually take a while after the initial injection for gangrene to start to set in. This worried me and I was going to the ER ASAP.

The next morning pretty much all of the swelling and initial pain was gone, but I did notice some pretty bad stiffness in the area of my thumb, through the arch up into my index finger. It hurt like fuck, I had a hard time holding things, and trouble just making normal movement of my thumb and index finger.

With this stuff present, I decided to visit the ER. They took my blood, looked for infection, and evidence of blood clotting. They found none, and decided to discharge me. They just explained that IV'ing suboxone can be caustic to your blood vessels. They also told me to come back IMMEDIATELY if I noticed any changes, especially if I noticed things changing colors. Nothing ended up happening, I just dealt with that stiffness for a couple weeks.

This was about 6 months ago, and it seems to be fully functional again. If I look closely at the injection site, I can still see faint bluish black marks, where I think there was damaged capillaries, but it seems like it is benign.

Sorry for such a long post everyone, I just wanted anyone reading this to know what happens when injecting sub films into an artery. I still remember that pain like it was yesterday, or 5mins ago even. Never something I want to experience again.

Now every time I go to inject into a new blood vessel, I take the steps to make sure the place in question is not an artery. I feel for a pulse, if there's a pulse I won't inject anywhere near it, I pay attention to the texture, color, and the speed/pressure the blood comes in when registering. I haven't had that kind of problem since. I practice good IV technique.

For the OP, if something like this seriously worries you, Just go to the hospital, and be honest with them. IV/arterial complications can be literally life and limb threatening, especially when put off for too long.

This is a great post and I think it qualifies beautifully for this thread for sure, you've explained enough in there I think that anyone who does hit an artery and reads this will be better informed. The damage I've seen happen to peoples arms injecting into a nerve bed is serious enough. Gangrene are very real dangers. A friend of mine almost died recently due to Gangrene which set in extremely quickly and he isn't an IV user he just had bad luck with a haemorrhoid that got a little infected, antibiotics solves the issue 9.9 times out of 10, my mate has just undergone a massive removal of flesh and faces skin grafts and rerouting procedures in the hope that he can crap out of his bum instead of a bag. He is extremely lucky to be alive as he was considered a lost cause by all but one Dr who happened to hear his story in the lunch room and decided to give it a go.

Ha the one thing I can still look forward to - Injecting into an artery. Scary shit, glad to hear your hand made it through that.

Hello folks. I recently had a friend shoot me up right in the bend of my elbow, just blow my bicep, you know the standard place you see people shoot up in movies. I've since felt pain kinda like a bruise/ache there. It's been about 36 hours since I did it and I'm just nervous I did some serious damage. There is no swelling, minor redness, and he keeps telling me it's just cuz I'm not used to shooting up and that the pain will pass but I'm afraid if I wait too long to get it looked at it will become a bigger issue than it is. The pain is far from unbareable. Again it's just as if I had a bruise or a slight ache where he hit me. I'm just extremely nervous cuz I suffer from pretty severe anxiety disorder. If anyone could give me some insight into what this might be I'd truly appreciate it

That's more or less normal with suboptimal injection technique, especially when liquid ends up in the perivascular tissue. If the pain however gets worse from now on, you are probably developing an infection and need to visit the ER. You will usually feel the capsule of an abcess with your fingers and it will most definitely hurt. Redness can possibly be seen as well, given that the abcess is close enough to the surface.

Hey, I need some information. I think I overdosed tonight. After trying really hard to remember I can recall putting 3 bags of heroin in my spoon and then after that it's nothing. I don't remember mixing it, shooting it. Nothing .. Until I'm waking up. I know I'm on the floor but I can't move or talk yet. I hear my grandma banging on the door, yelling, threatening to break the door down (I wanted her to after I realized what was going on) but anyway I still can't move or respond but I'm starting to become aware. Finally I can talk and push myself up. I tell her I'm okay. Quickly cap the needle- I don't think I fell out with it still in my arm, but I was in such a panic I don't recall where I found it. I throw my needle in a little box with my empty bags and spoon. Open the door, thinking I'm in trouble. But grandma just asks if I'm okay says she was worried, that I wasn't answering for a good amount of time and that's not including the time before she decided to check on me. Somehow she doesn't look in the box or notice my confusion/panic & believes me when I say I'm okay. But what happened? Did I overdose? I had a killer headache and felt like I could barely stand and fall asleep any minute afterward. It passed though after a few hours. Could someone please let me know if that's ever happened to fhem or what happened to me? I can't remember a lot and I must of been breathing since I'm not brain damaged and wasn't blue at all. Sorry for making this so long. Scared the shit out of me. Worst fear about shooting up alone. Any information or experiences would be appreciated.

Vein help

Ive been using blue light for awhile but recently had a question I couldn't find an answer too so I decided to make a post and see if I could get some answers. I started shooting brown, I did it for awhile and had lots of problems because the veins weren't easy to find. The only easily accessible ones were on the hands. So skip forward a couple months and this I took a few bars and tried shooting up. Really messed up. Skip forward a couple weeks (with no shooting up) and there's still a few bumps on my veins. Noticeable ones. One has been there since before that night and it's a little lighter than the rest of my skin but the rest aren't dis colored.. Just hard little lumps. They don't hurt, they did but not anymore.. My question is- will they ever go away? I'm not going to be shooting anymore and definitely not trying to do so while fucked up on Xanax but I feel like the hands are really noticeable and it's just giving me anxiety and I'm scared to go out in public because I don't want people to see my hands..

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't write about drug use here in the third person. This isn't drugs-forum. I edited your original post, and moved this to other drugs for you.

At least you stopped shooting dope and I'm sure you already know this but it's not a good idea to shoot any pills even Xanax or other benzos, or to combine opiates and benzos.

Last edited:
You could have blockages from insoluable binders and fillers. I would assume that scar tissue could happen as well. You could always get checked out by a doctor. A good doctor will try and help the situation. I say get checked out if things don't improve.

Ive been using blue light for awhile but recently had a question I couldn't find an answer too so I decided to make a post and see if I could get some answers. I started shooting brown, I did it for awhile and had lots of problems because the veins weren't easy to find. The only easily accessible ones were on the hands. So skip forward a couple months and this I took a few bars and tried shooting up. Really messed up. Skip forward a couple weeks (with no shooting up) and there's still a few bumps on my veins. Noticeable ones. One has been there since before that night and it's a little lighter than the rest of my skin but the rest aren't dis colored.. Just hard little lumps. They don't hurt, they did but not anymore.. My question is- will they ever go away? I'm not going to be shooting anymore and definitely not trying to do so while fucked up on Xanax but I feel like the hands are really noticeable and it's just giving me anxiety and I'm scared to go out in public because I don't want people to see my hands..

I megred you thread with the megathread :)
Imo you should go to a doctor just to be safe
And for the sake of harm reduction, combining CNS depressants like heroin and benzos is extremely dangerous and can kill you easily, don't do it!

I have been shooting speed for a while now, and ive always been pretty careful and not misse or done too much, this is a question on either quality of drugs, or injection problem.
I know what feeling I'm gnna get from a shot of meth, its always pretty close to the same, but 2 days ago i mixed a pretty good size morning shot after eating dome cereal i hit my usual good elbow crook, felt first sharp pins n needls in my face and got the cough, but then proceeded to not feel higher,nor more awake, jus kinda short of breath, lightheaded and weird. I didnt a small shot of a different persons stuff and felt a lil better for a bit. The day only got worse with nausea and migraine till i fell asleep.
Was this quality of drugs? Artery? Cotton fever? Help me out

^If it's the batch you've been using lately then you may have been overdoing it a little and tolerance has caught up with you and some side effects are not being overpowered/masked by the euphoria. I'm currently tapering off a few weeks binge and 200mgs of clear Chinese glass that was amazing in purity when compared to good meth had me high as a kite the first few days is now not even felt, I'm not sensitive to the drug as it is, due to ADD
and a history of abuse perhaps....it's closer to medicine for me where if I take enough I'll get the vapor through my lungs then a 60 second euphoria compared to the rushing screaming in my ears high that I would get from that old school gak that just punched my lights out.

If it isn't the same gear then who knows what's going on.

arm numb after meth IV - no bump?

hi bluelight. i'm new to this site, but not to the scene. my best friend's been addicted to meth for almost three years now, and i've been using it casually to keep her company for a little over one. when i first started using, i only smoked it, and i'd do it maybe once a week. smoking got old fast for me, and made my throat kill, so she started shooting my arm. i'm a very observant person and wanted to try it myself the next time, but she insisted she do it. so a couple months go by of her shooting my arm, and me being almost bored with watching that, because i feel like half the experience is like, initiating the experience? do you know what i mean?

anyway, a lot of backstory for a fairly minor problem. i've been shooting my own arm since april (i got it perfectly the first time, much to her chagrin), and i've slowed down using to once a month because it's fucking with my physical body hard. when my mom moved out of my dad's house, i moved with her, and told myself: new house, new start. that lasted from july 12 until the saturday we just passed.

i did my first shot at like 9 in the morning, after waiting since 1 for buddy to show up with our shit. it had been two months since i'd done this so she gave me two lines less than a point (a point being what i'd have typically done when i was using more frequently) and was watching me like a hawk, barking out orders - freaked me out so just as i registered, i pulled the rig right out of my arm and had to start all over again. second time was the charm, due in no small part to her allowing me to focus.

we'd been scraping baggies and smoking whatever we could find with her jib bong all night, and does anyone also feel like smoking and IV don't mesh well somehow? i started to feel the comedown around 3 and she agreed to pack us both another shot (she doesn't let me do this because ONE TIME i spilled mine). she scoops out her three points, and as she's measuring out mine, i ask for a full one. she tips what's in her scoop into my rig and i see it's almost one full line higher than a point, and she goes "that's one point perfectly" and i say "ok" and replace the plunger and start to draw water in from one of her sterile bottle things.

jesus, this is a novel. i'm sorry, i guess i'm kind of still coming down? or just annoying. so, i shake up the rig and then push out the air bubbles. i go to wrap the tourniquet around my right arm - i do the thing where the one end doesn't go all the way through, so i can release it with my teeth? my best friend goes "let me help" and ties it tight, tucking in the end i would have left out. i go along with it - she, eh, wears the pants in our relationship.

i feel around for my favourite vein and press the tip in. i pull back the plunger, get dark red blood, and slowly start to push. nothing seems amiss. i pause halfway and draw back a little - more dark red blood, so i push the plunger the rest of the way and pull the syringe out of my arm so i can untie the band. something happens when i take out the rig, i say "ow!" she says "don't be a baby, you pulled it out too fast." i've done that before. that was a much different feeling than this. this was like a zing that went up and down and was followed by a relative numbness around my elbow crease, where i injected.

i untie the touriquet and rip open an alcohol wipe. i'm gonna use it to swab away the blood there would be from the poke, but it didn't bleed at all. i stood up, i got the breath, i got light headed and hot and everything, so i know i didn't miss. but my arm hasn't gotten any less numb. it's actually gotten rather heavy, and made pins and needles happen in that hand. and when i bend it it both stings and aches - i can't describe it better than that - but when i lay it straight it feels like it's being pulled. there's no bumps, bruises, blood, nothing. i typed up this whole goddamn thing so you can see if i'm missing something. i feel like i did everything right, but it's been 15 hours since i did that shot and my arm feels no less weird, and no less painful. what's going on? should i see a doctor? will a doctor have to inform my mom?

thanks (i assume) for any help anyone can give me, and i'm sorry again for the length.

Last edited:
^You should go to a doctor, just to be safe
And afaik you should untie the band before injecting or you're risking to damage your vein

^shit, really? i was mostly expecting people to be like "oh it's just _____ don't be such a drama queen"

and yeah, i know, my best friend tied it wrong or else i would have been able to

Well, you could've hit a nerve or something like that, but it's been 15 hours, so I'd say better be safe than sorry
Let's wait for a few more replies

^virtually no swelling, but a few connected, thin, faint purple veins have shown up a little higher than the poke point. the whole arm is heavy and the forearm feels strained as i use the connected thumb to type this

Last edited: