• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

I have bought 50 grams of kratom powder but I really don't know how to take it. If mixed in a drink its stays at the top and its fucking gross to drink. Also parachuting doesnt work because I need a lot to feel anything at all.
Also tried the tosh and wash method but I puked from the sandlike taste so won't try that again.
Anyone a suggestion how to take this damn powder???

If you use liquid put an inch or so of HOT water in first and mix the kratom first in that. The hot water will allow it to mix in almost instantly then fill the rest of the glass up with whatever else you plan to use (water, juice, etc) and try to slam it in one breath so you only have to taste it once. Another method I use is "000" capsules, I can fit around a gram in one.

I'm not sure what alkaloid causes the stimulant effect but it is pretty consistent for me when I dose properly and it is actually my favorite thing about Kratom over the opioid effect and whenever I am unlucky enough NOT to get it as a part of my Kratom high I am disappointed.

I would say that a good 80% or more of the time at SOME POINT in my 4 hour or so Kratom high I will get stimulant effect which may last a little while or it may last almost the entire experience.

Of course I drink a lot of coffee which potentiates it and I think adds to the stimulant effect but I've also become a big fan of combining Kratom with Prolintane or Dexadrine for the added stimulant effect (and I often have Phenibut in the mix as well)...but in reality...I think Kratom dosed properly and a little caffeine on the side will reliably give me that stimulant effect.

Generally lowering dosing gives me more of the stimulant effect and higher dosing more of the sedative effect which is pretty much unanimously agreed upon.

See lately I've been having a real issue with this. I try to get that effect out of it, but now it seems like lower dosages do nothing, and whenever I do get anything out of it, it's an opioid effect. And I really need to get myself motivated too! Lol. Prolintane has now peaked my interest.

@lelnigga-
You can make it in to tea, or you can take orange juice, and mix the powder in with that. At first it just sits at the top but if you give it a good stir the acidity begins to brake it down, until it's almost fully dissolved. With the right ratios kratom and OJ is actually quite bareable.

Hey, all. I'm getting 3 different strains of kratom by post today: green malay, red vein borneo, and green bali. I used to use high doses of kratom daily, so I took a long break (over a year). This is my first order since then. I am so excited!

See lately I've been having a real issue with this. I try to get that effect out of it, but now it seems like lower dosages do nothing, and whenever I do get anything out of it, it's an opioid effect. And I really need to get myself motivated too! Lol. Prolintane has now peaked my interest.

@lelnigga-
You can make it in to tea, or you can take orange juice, and mix the powder in with that. At first it just sits at the top but if you give it a good stir the acidity begins to brake it down, until it's almost fully dissolved. With the right ratios kratom and OJ is actually quite bareable.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about Prolintane.

At first I didn't think I'd order more when I ran out but now that I have I will.

Overall, IF you have any access to Dexadrine or Adderall (which I DON'T) I think it is very much inferior to them except MAYBE in the one sense that IF you want something that lasts longer it lasts about 7 hours as opposed to about 4 for Dex/Add for me, but if you wanted that you could just redose.

It is a VERY fine powder usually, hard to weigh out your doses properly and even the SLIGHTEST bit more can make the difference between euphoria and being QUITE uncomfortable.

The stimulation can be VERY rough around the edges and a bit hard on the body at times, but that is also why it goes SOO well with Kratom and/or Phenibut as both of them help reduce that feeling, and so does Klonopin to some extent as well.

It took me a long time to figure out my perfect dosage which FOR ME is 50mgs, and if I exceed that by much I usually have a bad experience.

I had a few pretty uncomfortable experiences early on, but more and more the longer I used it the better I got at getting a positive experience out of it.

It can feel pretty good if dosed JUST RIGHT and if you have access to substances that can decrease the edge like Kratom, Phenibut and benzos.

But out of any drug I've ever used (because I have never used RC) it is the strongest mg per mg.

It is the LAST drug you would EVER want to "eyeball" and NOT use a scale with!!!!

I always sat there and weighed out my dose and wouldn't take it until it said the same dosage I wanted THREE TIMES IN A ROW to be sure I had the dose I wanted.

Usually my OCD works against me but in this unique case it works for me and I'd get the dose I wanted.

A couple little extra flakes could mean the difference between 50mgs and 80mgs or 80mgs and 120mgs and a good experience and a REALLY bad one.

So you need a good scale.

I'm hoping it isn't bad for one's heart.

I mean it WAS approved for use with geriatrics in the 1950s and runs with the reputation of a "good safety profile" so take that for what it's worth.

I guess It probably carries the same risks as things like Dexadrine and Adderall but IF you have access to those I wouldn't see a reason in bothering.

If NOT like me, it might be what you are looking for.

Yeah I don't think I'll be getting an amphetamine script any time soon and my motivation is at an all time low so I'm going to look into that. Thanks for the feedback.

Study suggests storing your kratom IN sunlight could = higher potency!?!?!

Now, granted, I haven't done much research into the credibility of this "study", and I could totally be misconceiving what they're trying to convey....but.....

"Previous studies had suggested the plant itself produced 7-hydroxymitragynine. Sames says the team could detect it by mass spectrometry, but only at very low concentrations. Instead, the team demonstrated that sunlight and oxidizing conditions can convert about half of the mitragynine in solution to 7-hydroxymitragynine. And sunlight alone can convert about 8% of the mitragynine. Therefore, the team concluded that storage conditions can affect the potency of an extract by increasing the amount of the oxidized alkaloid."

Quoted from: http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...s-as-strong-opioids/?WT.mc_id=SA_FB_HLTH_NEWS

I would imagine this would only apply to a live plant, but the wording they use suggests otherwise. Is it possible that it could simply mean the harvested material being stored near sunlight could result in the conversion of mitragynine into 7-hydroxymitragynine??

Most likely wishful thinking here.

Thanks! If I'm wrong, don't be a dick, it doesn't prove your intelligence. ;)

Now, granted, I haven't done much research into the credibility of this "study", and I could totally be misconceiving what they're trying to convey....but.....

I would imagine this would only apply to a live plant, but the wording they use suggests otherwise. Is it possible that it could simply mean the harvested material being stored near sunlight could result in the conversion of mitragynine into 7-hydroxymitragynine??

Most likely wishful thinking here.

Thanks! If I'm wrong, don't be a dick, it doesn't prove your intelligence. ;)

That's super interesting. I read through the article and it mentions a 'solution' and an 'extract' which makes me think they're talking about it in a liquid suspension form like tea or something. I wonder if this is true and I wonder how long it would take being left out in sunlight. I just got a bunch of kratom so I want to make an extract and it would be cool if I could easily and naturally convert half the mitragynine into 7-HM.

They're talking about solvated mitragynine. An extract will solublize a lot of the mitragynine. This might explain why extracts tend to skyrocket tolerance (not personally experienced with extracts, just from reading anecdotal reports).

Really cool stuff. I saw this article in CEN, and it's awesome that researchers are looking towards applied research with kratom alkaloids

Hey guys, how common is it to nod on Kratom? I usually dose around 3-7g depending, and last night I combined with some kava. My dose was a single teaspoon ever hour and a half or so, and then an hour after the last dose I found myself nodding out watching tv. I tend to hate nodding as I always feel like I'm dying lol. Is this common or did I really overdo it?

Kava + kratom made me feel messed up in a really strange way, but I can't remember if it made me sedated like that... might depend on the amount of kava used?

How did your extract prep go BTW?

Hey guys, how common is it to nod on Kratom? I usually dose around 3-7g depending, and last night I combined with some kava. My dose was a single teaspoon ever hour and a half or so, and then an hour after the last dose I found myself nodding out watching tv. I tend to hate nodding as I always feel like I'm dying lol. Is this common or did I really overdo it?

Kava potentiates Kratom. Whenever I used the two together, I would not nod but I would zone out really hard, and I could snap myself out of it, but it felt kind of cool at first. Then it just got annoying. But, yeah definitely more sedating when you add kava, and It's definitely a totally different experience when from Kratom alone.

The bali extraction is going well. Filtering caused a fuckload of loss on my maeng da. Using coffee filters on a QP was a ruinous waste. The bali was 200g and used a tshirt/paper towel combo over a caulender(sp) loss was reduced significantly. It's drying now. maeng da was almost a total waste.

I'm doing a water extract too. How many grams of resin do you get out of 200g? I usually wind up with somewhere between a 3-4x extract. I'm wondering if there is a way to reduce it further.

How long does it take to become physically addicted to kratom? I usually dose 50-70g kratom daily, and I've been doing this for about 3 weeks now. Also are the withdrawals anything compared to heroin withdrawals?

Hmm. At this very high dose probably there is no big difference regarding the withdrawals. 8o It should still be somewhat milder, as ususally the effects plateau on a certain dose cause Kratom is just a partial agonist.

Sorry man, that cannot be healthy longterm. Tapering down is a viable method if you use it as a substitute.

How long does it take to become physically addicted to kratom? I usually dose 50-70g kratom daily, and I've been doing this for about 3 weeks now. Also are the withdrawals anything compared to heroin withdrawals?

HOW the FUCK do you dose 50-70grams daily?!?!?!

Dude...MY usage is considered HUGE by most in that there have been times I've dosed up to an ounce a day (28 grams) and STILL I NEVER did that more than 3 days a week and abstained the rest, though these days I usually keep it below 20 grams and never do that more than twice a week, but that quantity is the HIGHEST BY FAR I've EVER heard of.

I don't know how you can keep down that much powder and not throw up and still go to the bathroom but I don't think that much is good for you and you should do everything possible to lower your dosage.

Let me ask you: when you FIRST tried Kratom...like literally the SINGLE first time you tried it, what dosage got you to where you wanted to be??

7grams?

10grams?

20 grams??

Were you coming off a heroin addiction or other opiate addiction that had your tolerance high to begin with??

That would explain a lot if true.

I don't know how anyone could let their dosage get THAT high.

But there's no single amount that gets anyone addicted but if you've been dosing that much EVERY SINGLE DAY for THREE weeks you are already going to be HEAVILY addicted/dependent, sorry to tell you.

I think I could dose that much ONE day a week once a week and be dependent as it isn't only based on how many days per week you dose but how much you dose each time as I believe it stays in your system for a couple days so you should really think about it in terms of how many grams per WEEK you dose and not how many per day.

Now tolerance plays SOME factor, but regardless, that kind of usage is ABSOLUTELY out of control.

Now it is your body and not my place to tell you what to do but if you DON'T want to be physically dependent, which it sounds like you don't, you are going about this the wrong way and need to get your dosage down to LESS than 28 grams a day and IMO I would also not dose more than 4 days a week.

If you can get yourself to that point you should have it SOMEWHAT more under control and maybe consider dropping to around 15 grams no more than 3 days a week and be in a decent spot (at least for ME that's relatively ok yet STILL considered a heavy dose by many users..but they also usually dose daily so we are about equal in grams per week), but the way you are doing this you are going to go through SERIOUS withdrawal when you try to stop.

Where did you ever get the idea that you could dose THAT high and that it would be ok?!??!

Cause NO ONE on Bluelight would tell you that is a good dosing regimen.

Hmm. At this very high dose probably there is no big difference regarding the withdrawals. 8o It should still be somewhat milder, as ususally the effects plateau on a certain dose cause Kratom is just a partial agonist.

Sorry man, that cannot be healthy longterm. Tapering down is a viable method if you use it as a substitute.
It's my heroin substitute, hence the need for a large dose. I'm sure it isn't healthy but neither is half the shit I've done.

HOW the FUCK do you dose 50-70grams daily?!?!?!

Dude...MY usage is considered HUGE by most in that there have been times I've dosed up to an ounce a day (28 grams) and STILL I NEVER did that more than 3 days a week and abstained the rest, though these days I usually keep it below 20 grams and never do that more than twice a week, but that quantity is the HIGHEST BY FAR I've EVER heard of.

I don't know how you can keep down that much powder and not throw up and still go to the bathroom but I don't think that much is good for you and you should do everything possible to lower your dosage.

Let me ask you: when you FIRST tried Kratom...like literally the SINGLE first time you tried it, what dosage got you to where you wanted to be??

7grams?

10grams?

20 grams??

Were you coming off a heroin addiction or other opiate addiction that had your tolerance high to begin with??

That would explain a lot if true.

I don't know how anyone could let their dosage get THAT high.

But there's no single amount that gets anyone addicted but if you've been dosing that much EVERY SINGLE DAY for THREE weeks you are already going to be HEAVILY addicted/dependent, sorry to tell you.

I think I could dose that much ONE day a week once a week and be dependent as it isn't only based on how many days per week you dose but how much you dose each time as I believe it stays in your system for a couple days so you should really think about it in terms of how many grams per WEEK you dose and not how many per day.

Now tolerance plays SOME factor, but regardless, that kind of usage is ABSOLUTELY out of control.

Now it is your body and not my place to tell you what to do but if you DON'T want to be physically dependent, which it sounds like you don't, you are going about this the wrong way and need to get your dosage down to LESS than 28 grams a day and IMO I would also not dose more than 4 days a week.

If you can get yourself to that point you should have it SOMEWHAT more under control and maybe consider dropping to around 15 grams no more than 3 days a week and be in a decent spot (at least for ME that's relatively ok yet STILL considered a heavy dose by many users..but they also usually dose daily so we are about equal in grams per week), but the way you are doing this you are going to go through SERIOUS withdrawal when you try to stop.

Where did you ever get the idea that you could dose THAT high and that it would be ok?!??!

Cause NO ONE on Bluelight would tell you that is a good dosing regimen.
When I first started using kratom I needed at least 25g, and yes I was coming from a heroin addiction so I have a tolerance. I never really quit heroin though, I'd just take breaks, so that coupled with continued kratom use has driven up my tolerance. I've had it start using extracts because 70g was really hard to keep down.

It's my heroin substitute, hence the need for a large dose. I'm sure it isn't healthy but neither is half the shit I've done.

When I first started using kratom I needed at least 25g, and yes I was coming from a heroin addiction so I have a tolerance. I never really quit heroin though, I'd just take breaks, so that coupled with continued kratom use has driven up my tolerance. I've had it start using extracts because 70g was really hard to keep down.

Ok that makes more sense.

Since I never used heroin (and never will) I can't really help here, but yes, I believe your usage is too high and you are probably chemically dependent but that is better than heroin.

I'd AT LEAST urge you to avoid extracts and only use plain leaf.

I'd also suggest tapering to SOME point of "moderation" but what point you want to get to in terms of what dosage and how often you want to dose is entirely up to you.

So I 'd say choose what you WANT to get your dosage and dosing schedule down to, and then ask some other former heroin users who tapered using Kratom on this forum how to do it, cause there are DEFINITELY LOTS of them on here who I think could help you.

Good luck.