• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is really strange to me.

72 hours since I took the X at this point, and NOW I have the afterglow.

Makes no sense to me at all.

But, music is enhanced, and my sense of smell is enhanced, and my mood is elevated.

And the stomach problems are gone.

Only trigger that I can figure out is that I did take a multi-vitamin maybe 4 hours ago.

You simply need to find a plug who gets real cheap shit. Pink molly doesn't mean it's an RC, tan/white doesn't either.

As long as there isn't any methylene or anything like that, and is in small to large rock forms (unless shake), it's relatively safe. The stuff around here with a very slight greenish tan to it if you ever get any M like this is actually "supposedly" cut with Methlyene and Krokodil and shit.

If the E stamped in pills I promise you're getting around a 25%-65% bioavailability, either cut with caffeine and other drugs. I've noticed a lot of people do not do it like we do in our town and I think of other places in the USA versus EU.

You simply need to find a plug who gets real cheap shit. Pink molly doesn't mean it's an RC, tan/white doesn't either.

As long as there isn't any methylene or anything like that, and is in small to large rock forms (unless shake), it's relatively safe. The stuff around here with a very slight greenish tan to it if you ever get any M like this is actually "supposedly" cut with Methlyene and Krokodil and shit.

If the E stamped in pills I promise you're getting around a 25%-65% bioavailability, either cut with caffeine and other drugs. I've noticed a lot of people do not do it like we do in our town and I think of other places in the USA versus EU.

kk so can posts like this just be deleted lol

The thread is about figuring out what's wrong with MDMA today. In a roundabout way, I think that post gives us a bit of insight into what's wrong (maybe not on purpose).

Real cheap shit.
Small to large rocks = it's relatively safe.
Greenish tan = Methlyene and Krokodil and shit.
25%-65% bioavailability.

Certainly gave me something to think about..

Last edited:
Real cheap shit.
Small to large rocks = it's relatively safe.
Greenish tan = Methlyene and Krokodil and shit.
25%-65% bioavailability.
kk so can posts like this just be deleted lol
Methylene is an unstable gas or a functional group that is not a part of any MDMA's chromophore.
It seems unlikely, that someone who makes such faux pas would be capable of providing reliable bioavailability numbers.

It never fails to amaze me how much people listen to stupid urban legend and dealer BS shit. There is so much drug mythology, and so many people take whatever is told to them by peers at face value.

My week has continued uneventfully, with no significant comedown or "blue Tuesday" issues.

Thinking about gelatin vs. cellulose and the potential impact on digestion reminds me of some old MDMA rumors from years ago. Does anyone else recall the "parachuting" technique? I never tried it personally, but there were people who swore that if you crushed a pill up and put it in tissue paper and then swallowed it, then it would hit harder and faster. This seems to line up with the idea that the stomach and the receptors in the stomach may play an important role in come-up intensity.

My week has continued uneventfully, with no significant comedown or "blue Tuesday" issues.

Thinking about gelatin vs. cellulose and the potential impact on digestion reminds me of some old MDMA rumors from years ago. Does anyone else recall the "parachuting" technique? I never tried it personally, but there were people who swore that if you crushed a pill up and put it in tissue paper and then swallowed it, then it would hit harder and faster. This seems to line up with the idea that the stomach and the receptors in the stomach may play an important role in come-up intensity.

I mean, idk about gel cap types, but yeah crushing the crystals/pill to a fine powder will definitely cause it to come on faster (which usually means harder too). Not sure exactly why, but it gives all the particle mores surface area? I know chewing mushrooms to a fine paste before swallowing them makes it come on faster. I think thats just human biology, the stomach/digestive system with absorb stuff faster if its not in chunks. Just like how if you put a gram rock of salt in a glass of water it will dissolve more slowly than if you had crushed that rock of salt to a powder beforehand.

Waaaaay back when the first couple times I rolled was with pressed pills, they were good, but sometimes they'd take a ridiculously long time to start working. I remember one time I ate an entire bag of rice cakes before dosing and it took like 2+ hours.

I always try to crush my MDMA to a fine powder before putting it in a gelcaps, but often I don't have time or just forget. FWIW, both recent experiences with the really good MDMA it was crushed to a fine powder.

I think it would be a good idea from now on to just crush it to a fine powder and use the same gelcaps, just to eliminate more variable even if these are maybe completely frivolous in the grand scheme of the experience.

I will definitely be using cellulose capsules from now on. If I had thought of it as a variable previously, I would have already addressed it. Just never occurred to me that capsule type may be a factor in absorption rate.

I also knew people who swore by dissolving the MDMA in orange juice and drinking it. I never tried that either.

Some drugs absorb better if dissolved/crushed, but others work better if they survive the acidity of the stomach and dissolve beyond the stomach. So, I was never sure what would be preferable for MDMA.

Hilopsilo, when did you use pills? What year? The pills I used always hit very fast, within 15-30 minutes. I wonder if the pills you tried had a coating.

I will definitely be using cellulose capsules from now on. If I had thought of it as a variable previously, I would have already addressed it. Just never occurred to me that capsule type may be a factor in absorption rate.

I also knew people who swore by dissolving the MDMA in orange juice and drinking it. I never tried that either.

Some drugs absorb better if dissolved/crushed, but others work better if they survive the acidity of the stomach and dissolve beyond the stomach. So, I was never sure what would be preferable for MDMA.

Hilopsilo, when did you use pills? What year? The pills I used always hit very fast, within 15-30 minutes. I wonder if the pills you tried had a coating.

A long time ago, I was in 15 in mid 2010 when I first tried MDMA, it was in the form of pressed pills only for these to completely disappear by 2011. After that, everything anyone I knew had access to was fake piperazine pressed pills or worse. I was unable to find proper MDMA until I became aware of a certain resource at the end of 2012 and it was just like I remembered it. Then, moved away to college and all of a sudden the stuff was flowing like water again (locally) except its ALWAYS powder/crystal MDMA. I haven't even seen a pressed pill since 2011.

I think I began rolling right at the end of the availability of MDMA in the U.S. since the stuff disappeared so quickly thereafter. I didn't have test kits back then or anything, but just remembering how it made me feel it was definitely MDMA. Hell, those pills were the only time I have ever gotten eye wiggles from MDMA. I likely took higher doses than I thought, I remember taking two of these "purple aliens" and I basically got too high (pretty reckless thing for 15 y/o me to do lol).

Most of the time we actually chewed the pills up lol, figured it would make it kick in faster. I imagine when the pill is all packed together it takes a bit to dissolve in your stomach especially if its sitting on top of a shitload of starchy food. But other than that time, I think the stuff kicked in about as fast as it does now. For me, 20-30min after taking it I start to notice the come-up, then by 45min the come-up is in full motion, then by an hour i'm fully rolling. I get weird time distortions during the come-up, so its difficult to tell definitively and it varies, but generally speaking, say if I want to be completely done coming up, high as hell and ready to party by 10pm, I'll take my MDMA at 9pm sharp.

While this stuff is interesting, I don't think theres any useful conclusions to draw from it since these times seem to be very individual and vary. My best friend is always 20-30min behind schedule even if we dose at the same time. My girlfriend and I always dose at the same time, sometimes she comes up first, sometimes I do. Kind of a toss-up.

The MagicDMA I had this past summer did take longer to hit me than usual and caught me off guard, but it hit my girlfriend at the normal time (she came up first that time, but I came up first on the MehDMA the first night so...). Sometimes if I'm really high on LSD, its difficult to tell if the come-up is starting or if I'm just feeling sensations of anticipation combined with the effects of LSD.

The MagicDMA I had this past summer did take longer to hit me than usual and caught me off guard, but it hit my girlfriend at the normal time (she came up first that time, but I came up first on the MehDMA the first night so...). Sometimes if I'm really high on LSD, its difficult to tell if the come-up is starting or if I'm just feeling sensations of anticipation combined with the effects of LSD.

I started MDMA around the same time as you, the stuff back in 2010-2011 was just amazing, like you I didn't have a test kit but you just know by the effects that it 100% was MDMA.

I no longer get those eye wobbles or anything like that unfortunately, but I remembered quite a few times even on low doses I'd trip like taking a high dose of MDMA which caused some to convert to MDA but on smaller doses. Is there is a possibility that the type of reactions/synths back then caused both MDMA and MDA to form ?

This could explain why MDMA appeared stronger back then, as well as the eye wombles / strong come up ?

Newtopic: Interestingly, I have had the opposite experience as you. I never had the "sick" side effect until I began using capsules instead of pills. But, the pills I took were from 2000-2005 and did not have any coating on them. They would often crumble, and had a noticeable sassafras smell.

I am honestly sort of wondering what would happen with an anal administration now. Never did that with X, only tried it once with 2CC. Was not a fan of the lingering burn...lol. However, I might be willing to give it another try just to add some more info to the conversation.

It's pretty confusing.
I'm also on reddit and a post recently caught my eye experiencing the same symptoms but when they started it was fine (they have only been doing it a year), all his were well known pressed pills, much like myself. I for one used to use the gelatin caps, they worked fine on myself and even back when I started with the good MDMA it was fine.

The theory might be an interesting one to investigate as to whether different absorption has some effect on the MDMA producing different effects. Quite possibly I have damaged something.. I think it's a bit of weird coincidence that this has occurred to a few people though. Maybe the hard pressed (or coated) pills don't break down quick enough and bypass the majority of serotonin receptors and when it's released into a certain point the body rejects it ? But if it broke down quickly, like in the stomach it would be a much larger effect, or possibly conversion to MDA or other ?

Anal would be a rather interesting one as well, because well there isn't any serotonin receptors there (to my knowledge) but it would go into the blood and whether that would still activate the receptors to flood the system (body) of serotonin would have to have some validation.

I started MDMA around the same time as you, the stuff back in 2010-2011 was just amazing, like you I didn't have a test kit but you just know by the effects that it 100% was MDMA.

I no longer get those eye wobbles or anything like that unfortunately, but I remembered quite a few times even on low doses I'd trip like taking a high dose of MDMA which caused some to convert to MDA but on smaller doses. Is there is a possibility that the type of reactions/synths back then caused both MDMA and MDA to form ?

This could explain why MDMA appeared stronger back then, as well as the eye wombles / strong come up ?

Well, first things first, I was 15 y/o, weighed less and probably had zero tolerance to drugs in general. Second, in a pressed pill you have no idea how much MDMA is in there, and the one time I got the eye wiggles was from taking TWO of the better pressed pills we ever came across. I probably only rolled around half a dozen times before the stuff disappeared. Since it became available to me again, I only ever take exactly 100mg. Two good pressed pills is likely much more than 100mg

I don't think that has anything to do with how it was made or anything, I think I was just a little kid who took more MDMA than I thought/needed to, simple as that.

I think it would be accurate to say that a pressed pill might digest slower than dumping a point of powder MDMA on your tongue and washing it down.

Last edited:
I'm not sure MDA vs MDMA explains much of the phenomena. Nor does being young and having zero tolerance. As I have progressed through the years, I have actually gotten more and more sensitive, and now can go much farther than before with the same amount of substance. Not only that, I am much more sensitive to the nuances of my experience. Though, that could actually explain the worsening of the effects, not being able to ride the metaphorical wave of just being high and allowing that to push me to super empathetic states, or something like that.

I came across good crystal last May and had a full blown MagicDMA roll from snorting just 60mg. Tolerance is definitely not an issue, I am pretty clear about that.

I have posted on this issue for 15 years but having direct knowledge of the forensic lab results of many many "ecstasy" pills from 1999 onwards, especially 1999 to 2005 and at least in Australia, I can assure you that whilst MDMA/MDA pills existed they were not common and were certainly not the reason for how amazing so many of the other 120-160mg MDMA-HCl only pills, "back in the day", were.

From a reddit post:

"Feel like maybe I should go over the chemistry behind the brown vs greyish/purple vs clear debate. Brown stuff tends to have leftover safrole, or partially split-open methylenedioxy ring systems so you get some methoxy-amphetamine impurities. These tend to make you speedy. In very basic terms, someone cooked it too hard in the early stages of synthesis from safrole, or alternatively did everything fine but neglected to do a wash before proceeding with the final steps.
Greyish color is usually from leftover MDP2P, and this is a big reason why you tend to see a lot of grey stuff leaving the Netherlands/Germany. They've been known to use pure MDP2P for synthesis rather than go from safrole. I'm pretty sure MDP2P is inactive when ingested, but it's not going to hurt you either."

Any accuracy to this? My stuff that had leftover MDP2P was brown/amber, not grey/purple (although I have gotten ahold of a sample of the grey/purple stuff). Also it was to my understanding that safrole has to be made into MDP2P anyways, so that makes me think this person is talking out their ass. I'm mainly curious if the part about "partially split-open methylenedioxy ring systems so you get some methoxy-amphetamine impurities. These tend to make you speedy".

From a reddit post:

"Feel like maybe I should go over the chemistry behind the brown vs greyish/purple vs clear debate. Brown stuff tends to have leftover safrole, or partially split-open methylenedioxy ring systems so you get some methoxy-amphetamine impurities. These tend to make you speedy. In very basic terms, someone cooked it too hard in the early stages of synthesis from safrole, or alternatively did everything fine but neglected to do a wash before proceeding with the final steps.
Greyish color is usually from leftover MDP2P, and this is a big reason why you tend to see a lot of grey stuff leaving the Netherlands/Germany. They've been known to use pure MDP2P for synthesis rather than go from safrole. I'm pretty sure MDP2P is inactive when ingested, but it's not going to hurt you either."

Any accuracy to this? My stuff that had leftover MDP2P was brown/amber, not grey/purple (although I have gotten ahold of a sample of the grey/purple stuff). Also it was to my understanding that safrole has to be made into MDP2P anyways, so that makes me think this person is talking out their ass. I'm mainly curious if the part about "partially split-open methylenedioxy ring systems so you get some methoxy-amphetamine impurities. These tend to make you speedy".

Think what he means is that the safrole synth will convert to MDP2P but generally have safrole impurities left over from the synth. If it's not washed it will leave the color brown. As far as the MDP2P(PMK) to MDMA method, this would be the PMK Gly we see from China as I believe it comes in a white powder and not so much brown (not sure though) and I've been told the grey is left over mercury.

Last part is very interesting but no chemist.

Any accuracy to this? My stuff that had leftover MDP2P was brown/amber, not grey/purple
Your experience is consistent with my experience. MDP2P is a pale yellow to brown liquid and it would leave this color behind if unreacted.

Also it was to my understanding that safrole has to be made into MDP2P anyways,
Yes, in all working synths that I have read about.

I'm mainly curious if the part about "partially split-open methylenedioxy ring systems so you get some methoxy-amphetamine impurities. These tend to make you speedy".

Yes, that would be the result if the methylenedioxy ring is busted open.

I do not know about the psychoactive effects of methoxy-amphetamine nor MDP2P

That is messed up I've worked around mercury before it made me nervous to be anywhere near it.

The problem is that people are dumb enough to make it illegal and not educate the public realistically, as an aside to this chemistry stuff. Another problem is the deforestation in Cambodia, funny how it's a love drug that causes rainforest destruction to collect sassafras oil. It is such a bad thing for the planet not even mentioning the clandestine labs. That deforestation is a horror show.

And while it is illegal and severely cut with not only impurities but intentionally with research chemicals, people still use it. I will never understand that. A colour changing test is pretty much a joke to help you feel safer the people making this shit don't care about your health quite clearly. Seems like we have identified a drug that fries the fuck out of your brain a decade ago and is now only worse with RC cuts, and people still choose to use it. I guess you can't really see what it is doing to your brain when that toxic stuff gets in there but it makes me sick thinking about that shit eroding my brain however it does the damage, I don't care to know but you couldn't pay me to take the purest in the world.

I will never understand that. When I was a stupid 20 year old yeah sure thinking I was invincible but anyone should know better as the information about the damage these days is a lot more prominent. It was becoming a fad around here after I started using it, this was way back. I saw the drugs getting cut more and more with research chemicals and lost interest in them all apart from legal ones like tea and weed. I'm already dead, waiting it out. Interested to see what will happen to the research chemical scene as it has ruined the world of recreational drugs in my opinion and will culminate as something critically important - I'm thinking full legalization, an excuse to enslave people even more and steal from them, environmental problems or a lot of people dying off randomly from some impurity or RC cut.

I don't party though, I no longer exist in that realm so I guess that's why I feel this way. It's more realistic to concern yourself with the future of the human race and your mental and physical health for the rest of your life, than one night of possible fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.