• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could smell be a possible identifier?

I noticed quite a few posts throughout this thread, as well as others on Reddit, that mention the strong aniseed aroma associated with good quality MDMA.

Test kit is most important along with a trusted source.

Smell is best used once you have checked off the two variables above.

I think the aniseed smell usually appears in other substances (e.g. PMA) so it's not an indicator of MDMA alone.

I think the aniseed smell usually appears in other substances (e.g. PMA) so it's not an indicator of MDMA alone.

True. You are looking for more of a root beer smell preferably. Anise is normally associated with black licorice in the US.

Another problem with using smell as an indicator is that essential oils can be added after the fact. This was done in early 2000's to ecstasy tablets as people associate that smell with good pills.

Like section said, smell should be just one of many things to check.

With that said, it seems more often than not good product does have this smell. Also with safrole being more uncommon these days, it's less likely someone would waste it to disguise bad product.

Haha also beenhead where you from? If you have access to real MDA your more likely to have legit good product. It seems there's a correlation between MDA availability and the shitty MDMA, areas with the shitty MDMA have little to no MDA. Whereas areas with plentiful safrole mdma have no shortage of MDA either. I believe this has to do with different synth routes but at this time am not aware how..

-GC

Today I took a Raman spec of a brown sugar-like powder brought by a friend of a friend from Vancouver, BC. The result was 3,4-MDMA tartrate and traces of Piperonal (not counting the excipient). I will clear it as soon as I put it through XRF, to make sure there are no heavy metal contaminants (especially mercury). Good friends are hard to find...

GC- im from the sunshine state, but im not dealing with local retailers

I wish I wasnt so absorbed in my shit when in grad school I could have really done some good

Glub, I may have asked , but is RAMAN fully qualitative ? Or can you get some idea of proportions at the least or full quant at the most?

The good machines are quantitative. Mine has such a high noise floor that it is only partially so.
The good ones can resolve enantiomers quantitatively, too. Mine cannot perform that feat at all.
Spatial resolution notwithstanding...

Last edited:
@ALL

Is there a country in this world, that would not fine me, nor SWAT me nor arrest me nor confiscate my equipment for receiving drugs by mail and testing them? The amounts involved in testing are in the 1mg range...
Only informed legal opinions, please.

@ALL

Is there a country in this world, that would not fine me, nor SWAT me nor arrest me nor confiscate my equipment for receiving drugs by mail and testing them? The amounts involved in testing are in the 1mg range...
Only informed legal opinions, please.

Once the parcel crosses a state line it's federal. Additionally you are entering into a conspiracy once 2 or more people are involved. I doubt a federal prosecutor would be interested but it would be well within his right to indict. Ultimately I would say confiscation of your equipment would be the minimum. Provided you don't have priors your points under federal guidelines would likely not exceed the needed amount for incarceration. All that being said the conviction rate in federal courts is >98% so ...

I truly wish I could tell you different because your work would be extremely valuable.

This is in the US. I can't speak towards other countries.

@Glubra- So I'm assuming this mdma was of Canadian origin.. Interesting both the piperonal and the use of the tartrate salt. Any word to the quality of this product or no? Also did anyone you know try the trump pills either?

@Beenhead- Ah yea I know that states rep for mdma and it ain't good lol I don't blame you at all for grabbing from elsewhere.

-GC

For those that want to show someone what real mdma feels like, read this new experience report on erowid..

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=111464

I can relate to this one so much. Especially the feeling of this being real, that's something I notice of only the best and cleanest product, that feeling that what you are experiencing is something being unlocked with inside of you. That it's real and accessible at all times if we choose and know how to..

I've had quite a few rolls to the level of that report and hope everyone can feel that at least once in their lives.

-GC

I'd actually forgotten a bit, and that brought it right back. Thanks for sharing, G_Chem.

@Glubra- So I'm assuming this mdma was of Canadian origin..
I assume so, too.
Interesting both the piperonal and the use of the tartrate salt. Any word to the quality of this product or no?
I run the XRF today at work and there were no mercury peaks (only traces of aluminum and manganese), so I have cleared it for consumption. The tartrate salt was a surprise to me, too. I have recommended a 49% higher dose because of that. I will know more about the in vivo effects when they consume it during the weekend.
Also did anyone you know try the trump pills either?
AFAIK the Trump pills were never consumed.

Last edited:
@psy- No problem man :) that person did an amazing job describing an indescribable experience..

@Glubra- Can't wait! Thank you so much, this type of research is beyond appreciated..

-GC

@Glubra- So I'm assuming this mdma was of Canadian origin.. Interesting both the piperonal and the use of the tartrate salt. Any word to the quality of this product or no? Also did anyone you know try the trump pills either?

@Beenhead- Ah yea I know that states rep for mdma and it ain't good lol I don't blame you at all for grabbing from elsewhere.

-GC

I see no reason to buy drugs from people in my town ever again quite honestly. How can you trust some douchebag that knows nothing about what he has and no way to hold his feet to the fire of impartial review?
When I was young and rolling, probably 18 years ago, the MDMA in florida was amazing quality. But somewhere in the area of 2005 or 6 the quality just seriously plummeted and I lost any desire to do it again. Im not a fan of pretending to roll on Meth!

Yeah, I thought he piperonal was interesting, as it is a precursor of the precursor so I am curious of the quality

G_Chem said:
Can't wait! Thank you so much, this type of research is beyond appreciated..
I still don't have that in-vivo data but I do have something new to report.
Out of the curiosity spurred by the tartrate salt, I have convinced a colleague of mine to let me use a spectrometer at his workplace, because it is a better machine all around and can resolve enantiomers (mine could not). The results are halfway what I expected, namely the ratio of the R to the S enantiomer is 62/38 most likely due to non-racemic tartaric acid used to make the salt ...and subsequent washings/recrystallizations.

@Beenhead:
The Piperonal constituted 0.8%, and 3,4-MDP2P 0.3%

Last edited:
@Glubra- You keep blowing my mind lol.

So the isomer theory guys may have been right if there's more mdma tartrate out there then we realize?

It's becoming obvious though that there's many issues occurring at once just as we originally thought which makes this entire issue very complex. Complex yet intriguing..

It's hard to know if they used plain ol MDP2P or the glycidate even with it showing just MDP2P because it could be byproduct from a one step synth from the glycidate for all we know..

Very very interested to hear the report from the anonymous guy trying this.

This isomer variation is the nail in the coffin too for those who ever argue otherwise. That's got me so excited. To be honest I feel there's been isomer variation even long before this but hard to know for sure. This is awesome stuff and I hope people like Biscuit get in here and see this.

If reports for this batch come back disappointing I think I will seriously have to concede to the fact isomers are very possible to blame..

@Beenhead- Yea I've always been very lucky in my old area having never used the dark web and almost never buying bunk product (out of my 13years I've taken only one bad pill, copycat chi-mint press, learned to always always test) but I just moved so I'm assuming that may change for awhile. Especially now that my new city only has a few EData entries and they're all bunk lol, the sweet days may be over for me..

-GC

Last edited:
There are a couple things here

The Tartarate Salt will be heavy, and will require a higher dose than, say, the HCL. So my questions is why would they even make this salt? Its not like they couldnt get ahold of HCL to make the correct salt. Also, Arent some salts of TA complexed with multiple TAs ?

62 R and 48 S.

d-MDMA which I believe is S-MDMA, which is the best MDMA. d-Tartaric Acid is the cheapest to get as a sinlge enantiomer, and Racemic is farily common.
Seems like if they were using Tartaric Acid as a way to try and get the more active MDMA enantiomer (which is the only reason I can think of to do this) They got it backwards!

This means that they did pretty much everything right in the synthesis, and fucked the salting and precipitation..

What I was thinking is they maybe wanted to use R-TA to make the tartaric acid salt of R-MDMA and precipitate it, leaving the other enantiomer in solution. But they did it backwards and got the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.