• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Meth in relationship to MDMA

ImDirtyDan

Bluelighter
A friend of mine and myself did a little bit of MDMA last weekend and we had this conversation about meth.

I am.not the type of person to go out of my way to buy much anything other that weed, alcohol and the occasional E. He told me his thoughts about meth and said to him it was on par with e.

My question is about your thoughts on meth and its relationship to e and other euphoric drugs. He asked me if I'd want to sit down and try it and I'm a little on the fence about it. Usually I'm open for chance opportunities with drugs (which is usually how I do it, chance opportunities). Worth it or not?

Sorry, but whether you take methamphetamine or not is your choice to make. There is a lot of information about it available, Erowid is a good place to start.

This I understand. Was just wk dwring if anyone knew anything about their relationship. After doing some Google research I noticed this topic has been discussed in several forms. Thanks anyways, and feel free to close this post if need be.

They both have stimulant properties, but pharmacologically that's about where it ends. Methamphetamine is a powerful stimulant and its method action is through the release of dopamine and norepinephrine. MDMA does the same to a much lesser extent but also reverses the SERT (causing release of serotonin) and agonises the 5-HT2A receptor somewhat (causing psychedelia). The euphoria of MDMA and in particular the empathy and psychedelia are thought to be down to the serotonin release and 5HT2A agonism, and/or the combination of those with the traditional stimulant properties it has and the other effects caused by serotonin release like oxytocin release and hormonal changes etc. The key which then makes the MDMA experience what it is is that all of these effects are boosted by this mild psychedelia which I presume is what turns the feeling from a simple stimulant rush into the full blown psychological experience that it is. I imagine methamphetamine is probably much more powerful in the stimulant department but probably doesn't lead to this same sense of a 'profound experience' and the euphoria is probably different also. I don't imagine there would be much empathy. This is only looking at it pharmacologically though, I've never done meth

Thanks man. I knew meth was mainly a stim but didnt know itf tgere was a euphoric sort of high attached to it. I imagine its just real speedy. I ended up not participating lol. I ended up smoking a bunch of pot while he tweaked out. Nothing really inticing about meth honestly

Meth gets a bad rap but part of it is warranted. It's a highly addictive drug and people often make unwise choices while under the influence of it. While I have very limited experience with MDMA but substantial experience with methamphetamine, and I doubt that MDMA is as addictive as meth is....there is very much a euphoric high associated with meth, it is a euphoric stimulant. IMO meth has some empathogenic effects early on, but they go away eventually with continued use...tweakers have a reputation for being pretty self-serving and that's often true, they're often not the most empathetic people.

Meth gets a bad rap but part of it is warranted. It's a highly addictive drug and people often make unwise choices while under the influence of it. While I have very limited experience with MDMA but substantial experience with methamphetamine, and I doubt that MDMA is as addictive as meth is....there is very much a euphoric high associated with meth, it is a euphoric stimulant. IMO meth has some empathogenic effects early on, but they go away eventually with continued use...tweakers have a reputation for being pretty self-serving and that's often true, they're often not the most empathetic people.

Everyone's Britney Fuckin Spears

Thanks man. I knew meth was mainly a stim but didnt know itf tgere was a euphoric sort of high attached to it. I imagine its just real speedy. I ended up not participating lol. I ended up smoking a bunch of pot while he tweaked out. Nothing really inticing about meth honestly

I'm sure there is probably an intense euphoria associated with a meth high, I was just trying to say that it is probably quite a different kind of feeling euphoria to MDMA

Ya that makes sense. I think my mind is made up on keeping that off my 'drugz I've done' list lol. I really was just curious. Got all my questions got answered though :D

The danger with meth lays in the fact that you can use it as a daily drug not like e which is loosing its effects very fast if you use it too often and dont take long breaks between it.That recuces its addictiveness also more dopamin heavy drugs like meth are more reinforcing and compulsive than serotonergic drugs,but Mdma is much les functional than meth and youre way more fucked up

Last edited:
The danger with meth lays in the fact that you can use it as a daily drug not like e which is loosing its effects very fast if you use it too often and dont take long breaks between it.That recuces its addictiveness also more dopamin heavy drugs like meth are more reinforcing and compulsive than serotonergic drugs,but Mdma is much les functional than meth and youre way more fucked up

This makes sense. How affected are congnitice abilities on meth? And like someone abover said, there is a euphoroc high associated, but is it strong? Is it a smiliar euphoria to say coke or weed or other readily available substances? Is it an expensive habbit? I smoke pot a lot. Which is one of the reasons why I don't do much other than that (aside from the occasional MDMA, psychedelics, opiates), and mostly because I know I literally can't afford another drug habbit. And I don't want to be a addict again and go to rehab. I've been down that road with cocaine and won't touch the shit again.

This makes sense. How affected are congnitice abilities on meth? And like someone abover said, there is a euphoroc high associated, but is it strong? Is it a smiliar euphoria to say coke or weed or other readily available substances? Is it an expensive habbit? I smoke pot a lot. Which is one of the reasons why I don't do much other than that (aside from the occasional MDMA, psychedelics, opiates), and mostly because I know I literally can't afford another drug habbit. And I don't want to be a addict again and go to rehab. I've been down that road with cocaine and won't touch the shit again.
unless you take a pretty high dose youre pretty functional if you want to be,but you can get lost in repeated activities.The high is actually pretty simmilar to coke but the euphortic part is lasting much longer than on coke and youre lefiont with 10-15 hours of stimulation and a fucking horrible crash.The crash from coke might be harder (not sure) but its only 30min to 1 hour whereas with meth the comedown is pretty much 10+ hours and the following days you will experience lower motivation and slight depression although less pronounced than when you do too much molly.
Unless you get very pure coke (70+ %,which rare nowadays)the euphoria is stronger on meth
Wouldnt reccomend to use it because its hardcore neurotoxic whereas coke is not neurotoxic only cardiotoxic and you dont have lasting cognitive changes with coke

Meth blows cocaine out of the water, euphoria wise. Cocaine is the biggest lie in the drug world, but that's a different thread.... Meth's only addictive as you let it be. I always smoke my meth but haven't had any near 4-5 months, I find the high to be very euphoric and almost blissfully relaxing yet still completely focused, unlike MDMA. When meth's used very infrequently, I find, it has a near magical high. Not on par with the monged out mushy MDMA high which is enjoyable in it's own right, more a focused contentedness.

I actually use empathogens(Mainly 5-MAPB/4-MMC) more than straight stims because I know how addictive and destructive the latter substances can become. And in the long run, for my personal taste, I find empathogens to be more reinforcing, day to day nagging in the back of you head, than straight stimulants. But that's because whenever I get high now, it's to be as fucked up and euphoric as possible, and the empathogens give you that. Not to say meth isn't crazy addictive cause it is, while you're high. Once you come down and sleep, I find it easier to walk away for a while than say MDMA or Mephedrone. Again though, personal tastes. But I'm starting to ramble and lose focus....

Don't do meth if you don't want to. It's a drug you can go your whole life without doing and you won't miss out on anything but, I think that's every drug, save for psychedelics(those amazing tools<3). If you do want to do it, do yourself the favor of smoking it and not having more than a half gram on hand. You won't be up for more than two days and you'll get all the euphoria it has to offer. After that point it's simply an exercise in masochism.

I've only tried MDMA once, but have much experience with other stims. To me, E feels like a drug that has 'layers', if that makes sense. It combines so many different kinds of stimulation, and is a social drug. Meth is simply pure, hedonistic euphoria (given it's of decent quality). I once had a friend who compared it to a vegan eating Popeye's chicken for the first time. They know it's bad for them, and they might even pretend to hate it, but at the end of the day it's freakin Popeye's chicken. When I used meth, I prefered to be alone and became so hyper focused that I didn't want the distraction of music or lots of people around me. E is a much better experience overall imo because it opens yourself up to your environment, but to each their own. I started getting a weird twitch in my right thumb after using meth for awhile so I stopped (which was not very easy). I also used to sweat so much at night that I found myself waking up and flipping my soaked pillow over. I had some other weird side effects from using stims but luckily they all went away after I quit. I would just stick with weed or booze and maybe drop E on rare occasons. Everything else is kinda playing with fire.

Well you all answered my question xD thanks hahaha. I think its interesting to see varying opinions about the high. I guess that goes along with drugs effect defferent people differently. Won't do math, but now I know a little more about it haha

Methamphetamine is what MDMA is but without the sleeze. It's all the rush and the intensity and the oh yeahhhhhh but none of the warmth, the sexiness, the euphoria. They both have their merits. And actually for a 1 time use methamphetamine is actually less toxic and destructive to the brain. It's just meth has that ever present drive to get more meth. :p. Id say meth is more similar to other just Amphetamines (amphetamine salts, vyvans, ritalin) in high dosage than MDMA.

^Meth is one of the sleaziest drugs around!
None of the sexiness or euphoria? You must be doing it wrong...

I wouldn't advise anyone take methamphetamine, but it is a very euphoric substance to most people (in the beginning, anyway).

say no to meths

^Meth is one of the sleaziest drugs around!
None of the sexiness or euphoria? You must be doing it wrong...

I wouldn't advise anyone take methamphetamine, but it is a very euphoric substance to most people (in the beginning, anyway).

meth can cause creepy crawlers underneath the skin , hallucinations. that is why many meths users grow 3x older after some period of use, they scratch ,penned their skin to rid these creepy. MDMA is different , it has been used to treat raped victims. likewise anything taken too much is harmful. another thing to add , do you realise how cheap meths is ? same as bath salts.

Yeah, to me they are both risky chems to be treated with respect.
MDMA does certainly have more therepeutic potential, agreed.

Both are capable of creating trainwrecks too.

Both are capable of creating trainwrecks too.

Ya, like I've said, I've never done meth aside from one time on "accident", but have experience with MDMA. Abusing MDMA can be one of the more stupid things you can do. I'm sure method is much worse on an abuse level.

This is why I stick with weed and psychs mostly. Hard to overdose, hard to become dependent (although there's a lot of wiggle room with That statement), and for the most part pretty "safe". Math dosent appeal to me. Nor does heroin.

Actually my thoughts on H have always been towards "it'll be too intense for me" and the intensity really pushes me away. Plus I feel like people that do hard drugs not only are addicts but are chasing a high I don't care about. Eh. Everyone's different.