• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Miss GBL/GHB? Try this combination of more available drugs...

MDB: I wouldn't be concerned about generics being inferior, because they've still got to stick to the same quality controls (unless they're dodgy fakes).

deruyityn: It's definitely addictive, but only if you take the piss. A few days on the trot will be fine, as long as you don't take loads. I find it easy to taper off it, over a few days, without much issue, and I am very sensitive to GABA-b agonist withdrawal. If I take large doses for only a day, or two, I get withdrawals. Same with G and phenibut. Honestly, I find benzos better for sleep, but I personally no longer see them as recreational, at all. I can have them around and never want to take them for fun. G, phenibut and baclofen push my buttons much more, and I have much more trouble stopping those. This is not true for a LOT of people, though! I wouldn't use baclofen for sleep, because it's not as hypnotic as benzos and I find it too enjoyable to want to sleep. You have to dose high, and it's more like passing out than actually sleeping, and it'll likely make you feel ill, if you try. Not ideal, at all. Taking the odd dose of benzos is not going to result in any addiction, it's when you decide to hammer them that problems start. Sticking with weed and alcohol is probably best, if you don't want to take benzos. The rest will probably result in unwanted euphoria!

Evey: It's GHB's stronger brother, and it's very enjoyable. It's what alcohol should be, in my opinion. The taste is unmistakably strong and nasty, so it's unlikely to be used as a date-rape drug. GHB has apparently been used in this way, but that tastes very salty and soapy, and I believe it's been exaggerated a lot by the media. I would recommend you stay well away from it, though, personally. If you have an addictive personally, you'll likely enjoy it too much. It's caused me a LOT of issues.

Is it fair to say that GHB/GBL is pretty similar to alcohol, or am I just misremembering things I've read?

Is it fair to say that GHB/GBL is pretty similar to alcohol, or am I just misremembering things I've read?

Only vaguely, you might appear to other people as if you are merely drunk and friendly / over familiar etc, but the warm effects, esp on music, make it feel totally different. "Liquid Ecstacy" might be closer to the truth.

Treacle; ive bought 3 bottlles so far, one was certainly not what it was meant to be. There seeems to me to be a lot of fake GBL internet sites. The other 2 were fine though. Wish i knew someone well in the motor trade who wouldnt object to selling some of his alloy cleaner directly, at least that way all my details would not be held by customs as they probably are at present. Just as well i dont take it too often, too many orders could soon turn being on a list into a knock on the door. :sus:

Last edited:
Yeah, agreed, except G will knock you clean out, if you take a bit too much. You will stagger about, and just pass out, if you don't dose it properly. It's happened to me so many times I can't even guess. I see exactly why people call it liquid ecstasy, because it makes me extremely happy, energetic and sociable. Booze doesn't come close in that respect. On the flip-side, it can make me very emotional, irrational, make me pass out, and has the worst withdrawals of anything I've ever tried (but that's all from excessive use).

Ive not dared to take it on a night out yet, first of all my mates would want to know why i was so relaxed, happy, confident, and dancing like a madman. Then they would want in. Then i become responsible for a load of G novices taking it for the first time on a night out. After about a years on and off use ive still not figured out how to work it into a night out. Maybe because i dont really want to. At best i could find myself lying in the gutter having been robbed blind, even though that is unlikley at this stage considering that i know my limits. If i ever do take too much a snort or bomb of stims will rectify that, but hardly ideal way to go about things.

Have you taken the stuff out and about on Clubnights, and gigs etc? I can see them transforming the experience but at some risk.

Many moons ago was prescribed baclofen along with 400mg oxy a day and one night when I couldn't sleep took too much baclofen and when I took my morning 200mg oxy dose I was floored and I mean floored. Got the bus to the plac I was working at the time and passed out on the bus ending up at the terminal having no clued where I was and attempted to walk home which took about 10 hours although the walking in circles with no clue where I was could not have helped much....

^It's definitely to be respected, like every other depressant!

MDB: Yeah, quite a lot of times. I've had some amazing nights out on G alone, and with stims. I've never passed out in a club, but I've been close. I've tried rolling around on the dancefloor, after G and MDMA, and my mates had to pick me up and remind me I wasn't at home! If you attempt it, I'd stick to one or two doses, spread out properly, and don't take any extra with you!

I'm thinking if I do get some GBL in and want to take it out for a night, I'll just make it to NaGHB and dry and cap it. No sense in screwing around with liquids or dosing things in bottle caps when you could have everything measured and precise beforehand, the way I see it. Might need to pick up some bigger caps though, I don't think anything approaching a G would fit in the ones I have. Maybe whatever size they cap paracetamol in would be viable, since those are 500 mg... Still leaves me munching away like I'm pacman though, so who knows.

I'm thinking if I do get some GBL in and want to take it out for a night, I'll just make it to NaGHB and dry and cap it. No sense in screwing around with liquids or dosing things in bottle caps when you could have everything measured and precise beforehand, the way I see it. Might need to pick up some bigger caps though, I don't think anything approaching a G would fit in the ones I have. Maybe whatever size they cap paracetamol in would be viable, since those are 500 mg... Still leaves me munching away like I'm pacman though, so who knows.

GBL has to be stored in a special grade 4 plastic as it can literally melt its way through all other plastics within seconds. My k/b and mouse button are badly melted just by having had some on my fingertips even after dosing, and then washing my hands, though obviosuly not thoroughly enough. Though if you know how to de-hydrate the stuff that will probably solve that problem, if you have to add the dried product to a plastic drinking vessel make sure its very well diluted or you could find yourself with a hole in your plastic glass or bottle. :(

GBL has to be stored in a special grade 4 plastic as it can literally melt its way through all other plastics within seconds. My k/b and mouse button are badly melted just by having had some on my fingertips even after dosing, and then washing my hands, though obviosuly not thoroughly enough.

Oh wow I didn't know it was that strong a solvent. It wouldn't affect my plans though, since it's easy to make GBL into GHB, and then you can just handle it as a powder no problem.

However, GBL won't eat through a gel cap, and the big ones hold about 1ml, so that's always useful. I've taken a baggy with a few capsules in it out with me, a load of times. GHB needs to be taken in grammes, and that's quite a lot of powder to be carrying around...

However, GBL won't eat through a gel cap, and the big ones hold about 1ml, so that's always useful. I've taken a baggy with a few capsules in it out with me, a load of times. GHB needs to be taken in grammes, and that's quite a lot of powder to be carrying around...

Yeah, grams of dose + dosing every hour sounds like a pain in the arse (depending on where you stash it >.> ) to handle. Interesting that GBL is cappable though, not having to faff around with kitchen chem would be nice. I'll have to see what sort of volume of cap I can get ahold of, and make some plans.

To be fair, GHB is much better, if you're planning on taking it a lot. The withdrawal, passing out and rebound effects are much less pronounced. I've switched to GHB, after using GBL for a few days, and managed to jump off fairly easily. It took large doses to feel much, though. Starting off with GHB would have been my best move, every time I've used the stuff.

It can in overdose, but correctly dosed it can make music sound blissfull, especially when combined with stims and 'noids. I wouldnt recommend having that round the house with a wee nipper, if you do manage to find a source, beware random internet sources, 99% will either be bunk or scams. There are no child proof caps, and thats not even considering the fact that it could become a problem substance for you.

MDB: I wouldn't be concerned about generics being inferior, because they've still got to stick to the same quality controls (unless they're dodgy fakes).

deruyityn: It's definitely addictive, but only if you take the piss. A few days on the trot will be fine, as long as you don't take loads. I find it easy to taper off it, over a few days, without much issue, and I am very sensitive to GABA-b agonist withdrawal. If I take large doses for only a day, or two, I get withdrawals. Same with G and phenibut. Honestly, I find benzos better for sleep, but I personally no longer see them as recreational, at all. I can have them around and never want to take them for fun. G, phenibut and baclofen push my buttons much more, and I have much more trouble stopping those. This is not true for a LOT of people, though! I wouldn't use baclofen for sleep, because it's not as hypnotic as benzos and I find it too enjoyable to want to sleep. You have to dose high, and it's more like passing out than actually sleeping, and it'll likely make you feel ill, if you try. Not ideal, at all. Taking the odd dose of benzos is not going to result in any addiction, it's when you decide to hammer them that problems start. Sticking with weed and alcohol is probably best, if you don't want to take benzos. The rest will probably result in unwanted euphoria!

Evey: It's GHB's stronger brother, and it's very enjoyable. It's what alcohol should be, in my opinion. The taste is unmistakably strong and nasty, so it's unlikely to be used as a date-rape drug. GHB has apparently been used in this way, but that tastes very salty and soapy, and I believe it's been exaggerated a lot by the media. I would recommend you stay well away from it, though, personally. If you have an addictive personally, you'll likely enjoy it too much. It's caused me a LOT of issues.

Thamk you both for your comments. I'm not interested trying this. I was just asking becauseI know the media have a tendency to exagerate or twist info when substances are concerns so when I read about people enjoying this I was interested in thoughts in trms of the media hype. Thanks for comments I was slightly worried about asking this encase it was taken the wrong way xxxx

Evey

Ghb really sounds up my street though in terms of lack of toxicity. I am a hypochondriac and would always be terrified what damage stims have done to me when I would take them. I couldnt believe my eyes when I read that such a strong drug as ghb had absolutely no toxicity.

Ghb sounds much better than baclofen or those other ones in that respect since those seem to cause nasty toxicity if used regular.

I would really like to try G but it is a big commitment to have to buy 250ml of gbl which seems to be the smallest amount it comes in and then go through the whole conversion process. Though that is preferable than some blackmarket dealer. Id prefer being able to just have a couple doses sample.

Regrding the rebound effect does the anxiety having you crawling up the wall like a stimulant comedown? or is it not so bad as that. I am talking of moderate dosing not 24/7 usage. Like from a couple times a week use when it wears off is the rebound uncomfortable bearing in mind im a really anxious guy?

That is why I love kratom I can even feel more refreshed when it wears off mostly although I have tolerance issues these days so I would like to find another benign alternative to switch between. I tried all the other usual suspects like kanna, kava etc and found all to be crap with unacceptable side effects.

Last edited:
The lack of toxicity makes it very easy to get complacent, although it's definitely a bonus. I would use sodium hydroxide, instead of bicarbonate of soda, if I were you. I've heard that bicarb can be a bastard to use, and you certainly don't need to boil it on the stove, if you use NaOH. I believe it's also a lot quicker. I've done it in 15 minutes, before. You just need to be very careful with NaOH, because it'll happily eat the flesh off your bones, if you spill that on yourself! Boiling G won't give off any fumes that will do anything, though, so don't worry about that. It just stinks.

The lack of toxicity makes it very easy to get complacent, although it's definitely a bonus. I would use sodium hydroxide, instead of bicarbonate of soda, if I were you. I've heard that bicarb can be a bastard to use, and you certainly don't need to boil it on the stove, if you use NaOH. I believe it's also a lot quicker. I've done it in 15 minutes, before. You just need to be very careful with NaOH, because it'll happily eat the flesh off your bones, if you spill that on yourself! Boiling G won't give off any fumes that will do anything, though, so don't worry about that. It just stinks.

Well you could say the same about kratom and Ive had no probs with that. have you tried kratom and do you find G any worse than that? I read on the lyceum faq that G is about as addicitve as chococlate though that faq does seem overly biased as to its benign nature. There is also the empirical evidence of rats not preferring it over water if given the choice. Though alot of humans do fall prey to it. Are those just the ones who would be addicted to anything else like chcolate :D?

Also what of my question of the rebound.

Lol well I think I prefer deal with a stench than the potential eating of flesh off of bones! its not that I worry the fumes would be toxic its that I worry there would be enough fumes to cause a loss of consciousness while the stove is on. I can pickup a vapour mask 15 quid or so. Though the bicarb one I read said it takes 24 hours of boiling which is out of the question.

GHB was very popular with bodybuilders in the 90s and legal and cheap. Bought it loads of times but the foul taste always left me doubtfull of the date rape stories since you need a lot and the taste is impossible to disguise. You literally could not put several grams of GHB in someone's drink and have them NOT notice it.

GHB was very popular with bodybuilders in the 90s and legal and cheap. Bought it loads of times but the foul taste always left me doubtfull of the date rape stories since you need a lot and the taste is impossible to disguise. You literally could not put several grams of GHB in someone's drink and have them NOT notice it.

so Rohypnol must have been the real culprit. Try as i might I've never been able to acquire any. :|