• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good On TV? V. Saul Changed His Number

Did anyone watch 'The Grand Tour' ?

Such a great start to the show and a refreshing change to the old format of 'Top Gear' - I did miss star in a reasonably priced car but seeing Carol Vorderman lying dead on the floor did make up for it 8(.

No torrent yet and I ain't using them streaming sites.

Think i've finally given up on The Walking Dead, i should have done years ago... Been watching it since season 1 and stayed with it. The writing is lacking most of the time and has been compared to most other series ive seen, dialogue so bland and piss poor its unreal, no depth, dull unmemorable bland boring dribble resulting in no proper character development or not giving a shit about any of the characters, none of the characters have any charisma or humor, and swapping between pointless forgettable characters in previous seasons resulting in barley giving a shit about anybody that's in it. The characters seem like they're reading off cue cards. Off the top of my head i can barley recall the back stories of any characters, any feelings towards them, any memorable things they've said, nothing stands out. Every season inconsistent, too much filler. The slower episodes would be good if they actually made the dialogue interesting. I love Tarantino/fargo series/sopranos/deadwood stylee long dialogue scenes. Mike Milligan and Sweragen spring to mind as well written dialogue, interesting characters. When theres long dialogue in The Walking Dead i lose interest after 10 seconds. I could have written more interesting stuff when i was 10

Last edited:
Think i've finally given up on The Walking Dead, i should have done years ago... Been watching it since season 1 and stayed with it. The writing is lacking most of the time and has been compared to most other series ive seen, dialogue so bland and piss poor its unreal, no depth, dull unmemorable bland boring dribble resulting in no proper character development or not giving a shit about any of the characters, none of the characters have any charisma or humor, and swapping between pointless forgettable characters in previous seasons resulting in barley giving a shit about anybody that's in it. The characters seem like they're reading off cue cards. Off the top of my head i can barley recall the back stories of any characters, any feelings towards them, any memorable things they've said, nothing stands out. Every season inconsistent, too much filler. The slower episodes would be good if they actually made the dialogue interesting. I love Tarantino/fargo series/sopranos/deadwood stylee long dialogue scenes. Mike Milligan and Sweragen spring to mind as well written dialogue, interesting characters. When theres long dialogue in The Walking Dead i lose interest after 10 seconds. I could have written more interesting stuff when i was 10

This is exactly my gripe with it, and the reason I didn't get passed a few episodes.

Shite actors, shite dialogue. Immediately rendered it obsolete for me.

Anyone watched Luke Cage yet?

Watched the first two episodes. Definitely gets a thumbs up from me. Tis got some funky music throughout aswell

I'm not sure if your joking or serious ? I hated it - I think I gave up half way through the first episode or second episode. Mind you I watch a lot of what other people would consider garbage so each to their own. What I don't understand about Luke Cage - it has great ratings but horrible reviews :D

At the moment I'm really enjoying 'Agent of Shield' and 'the flash' - Agent of shield introduced Ghost Rider and FLASH phew Green Arrow, Supergirl, White Canary, Frost, Speedy, Firestorm etc Superhero Overload at the moment.

I'm still watching 'Aftermath' (that I said was the worst thing I've ever seen) - it's awful but I can't help watching it.

Did anyone watch 'In Plain site UK' ?

Anyone watched Luke Cage yet?

Watched the first two episodes. Definitely gets a thumbs up from me. Tis got some funky music throughout aswell

Just had my first weedless weekend in yonks so to kill the boredom finally got around to binging on a couple of the Marvel series on Netflix (after loving Daredevil S1 last year).

Jessica Jones yesterday, patchy in places but really fun and genuinely intriguing - what a great villain (very diff but up there with Wilson Fisk)- probably the most fun I've seen David Tennant have on a TV show (I don't do Dr. Who).

But then the 2nd season of DD today - fucking fantastic - absolutely gripping - really loved John Berenthal (he was amazing in Sicario and Fury but this is his best role yet imo)

So just about to start Luke Cage...

I really need to get agents of shield s2 in at some point as well, the first season got really good after a slow start.

Atlanta (created by/starring Donald Glover) is a great comedy of the moment. Well-made, well-written, 10 episodes of enjoyment right there.

My Crazy Ex Girlfriend - Bit weird, but fairly original, but there are musical numbers in it (a little like Flight of the Conchords but not as good)

Man in the High Castle - Great alternate history, 2 seasons' worth on Amazon Prime Video, Very good show.

Spotless - Great, dark comedy/action set in London and concerning a crime-scene cleaner and his run-ins with organised crime etc.

Westworld - of course

Always Sunny in Philadelphia - New season just started, but there are 10 seasons on Netflix.

Brooklyn Nine Nine/New Girl - Hit and miss, but decent as filler between other shows.

Tried a load of superhero shit, but it's so generic and none of the shows have gripped me (Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Agents of SHIELD - all felt sub-par even after the 6-episode rule)

The Americans - Very, very good thriller set in cold-war America.

Silicon Valley - Great comedy

Oh, and if you haven't watched Rectify, then this is likely what's missing from your life

Grand Tour - As shite as Top Gear became in its latter seasons. Heavily scripted, as in painfully so, not original, over-budgeted idiocy for people that are a bit too into machines. Each to their own though

Tried a load of superhero shit, but it's so generic and none of the shows have gripped me (Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Agents of SHIELD - all felt sub-par even after the 6-episode rule)

I'm far too easily pleased with this kind of rubbish I have countless Marvel and DC films on BD featuring plotline after plotline ending in spectacular (but generic) city smashing apocalypses. V For Vendetta has the most satisfying atrocity at it's climax imo.

Only got through 3 eps Bob so I'll get back to u with a verdict when the seasons done with.

How do you think it compares to the others I've mentioned (apart from AOS which is a very different type of show IMO)? - I thought that DD & JJ worked because despite the cross over points they were executed on their own terms (JJ being more of a mystery while DD is an, admittedly very dark, more traditional can of whoop ass type SH ting). I also like that all the individual seasons are very self contained in story terms (while it helps I think anyone into this could easily enjoy DD S2 without necessarily having to see the first one - quite like The Wire which IMO plays out like 5 separate novels)

I've spent most of my free time this last couple of weeks watching all five seasons of 'The adventures of Merlin' on Netflix. Bloody excellent! I'm a real sucker for this sort of stuff - and not even a dwarf in sight...

I've spent most of my free time this last couple of weeks watching all five seasons of 'The adventures of Merlin' on Netflix. Bloody excellent! I'm a real sucker for this sort of stuff - and not even a dwarf in sight...
Any otters?

I started a new one at the weekend

Taboo - Adventurer James Keziah Delaney builds his own shipping empire in the early 1800s.

Description is very vague and does not do the first episode justice at all - watch it if you get the chance, episode one was very dark and has a supernatural thriller feel to it as it mentions voodoo, the undead (not zombie) etc. I won't say too much as it will spoil it but first one was pretty good.

I know I've mentioned prior but cant remember seeing anyone watching it yet - Falling Water , season 1 is finished and it may be easier to bulk watch a few episodes as it can be pretty confusing as it switches between 'Dream State' and 'awake' quite a bit.

U feeling better dude?

Watched a good but probably old documentary last night. Think it was called birth of the earth or something like that. Pretty good. It actually held my attention.

Well I'm the same in that I often have these things on in the background as supplementary entertainment.

I only watch TV shows online so, if there's something I want to watch, I'll usually be paying attention.

However, there's some documentary series that I had to watch a few times over just because I wasn't paying attention.

Yeah, I don't have a telly so everything is online. It's usually moving wall paper or something sham has put on. He put that on last night and I was right into it. I think he was surprised to see me actually watching something.