• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Drinking? V2. Frosty Jacks - For The Discerning Pisshead

Signed off work with a back injury, so I'm complimenting 600mg of DHC with some BrewDog Mr. President. My word it's got a kick =D

This ginger beer is delicious. A mate brews it. He makes alcoholic and non alcoholic. I bought 6 2litre bottles of each for $20. Bargain

ATM, co-op's cloudy lemonade, cheap and rather nice. Just finished my second carton of their rhubarb and custard milkshake, they make it in liter cartons and two of those just disappeared as fast as they could be taken from the fridge and opened. Two big long gulps each and gone :p that stuff is fucking gooooood shit :D

Last night-ethanol, diluted to concentration insufficient to cause physical burning. I'd guess about 75 to 80 percent EtOH, flavoured with a little cloudy lemonade and same used as diluent, after just needing some downtime and avoiding last-minute opioid or GABA agonist WD or seizures, (or all three) after no sleep in 3 days and nights or so, maybe a little longer or less but not much either way, and subsequently having about 6-7 hours to wait whilst it would get worse, so I decided that I'd institute a heavy duty adrenergic/noradrenergic blockade to prevent abrupt resurgence of consciousness in a nasty state at that, using tizanidine and clonidine, and anaesthetize myself with EtOH. Doesn't take much either at such concentrations, one cup of 'vodka' at 75%> give or take, just a small teacup, rendered down to that concentration from pure ethanol, proved sufficient in one gulp for what would take several mugs of off-the-shelf vodka to perform and being intended as high-grade stuff for chemistry, it lacks the traces of other, higher 'fusel' alcohols etc/ present in cheap spirit liquor. Lacks the foul taste of the latter, hot and stinging (served at room temperature since I don't keep that in the hazmat fridge, which is reserved for nasties like ICl, and volatile solvents like THF, ether, dichloromethane, as well as keeping my iodine cold and helping preventing its escape from the container it came in (iodine is a real master escape artist, and when I bought my last kg, the damn container the seller sent it to me in was PLASTIC ffs!) I'd have paid extra happily for a glass bottle and teflon cap and secondary seal, which would have assisted greatly in keeping my I2 where its meant to be longer.

Can't remember who I bought my last I2 from, got a good price per kg, but for fucks sake, all the same, who sends halogens of any kind in PLASTIC! me, drunk to the point of oblivion last night for hours? they must have been pretty bloody close to do that. Especially not even offering glass vessels as an optional purchase. Not the first time I've gotten it in plastic vessels from other sources either. Means that I tend to buy it when I plan to use it, and because I like to buy my reagents and solvents in lab-scale bulk (I.e sufficient for end user rather than factory or plant production, but enough that I don't have to buy whatever it is again unless its something used extremely intensely and unrecyclable or that I go through like there is no tomorrow, like say, hydrochloric acid or concentrated sulfuric) but to distribute something in a vessel that it is permeable to....

Not clever. Not the first time it has happened either. I've had somebody else send me THF, diethyl ether and dichloromethane, and lost many liters of each due to evaporation through the damn walls of the bottle, including an ENTIRE bottle of tetrahydrofuran and of dichloromethane, bar the first few times that the THF was used. Went back to it, and in the heat, before I had my hazmat dedicated (mostly, my old man keeps his fish-bait there on a separate shelf though, he bought it just for the space to keep maggots and bits of squished bread in, cut up meat scraps, whilst giving over the entire rests of the space within to keep those of my things of high volatility which need to be kept cold to keep them confined or stable. Paid nothing for it myself, just found out it was there one day and got told to use it as I wish, just leave him enough space for a couple of pots of fish baits. That, suits me just fine, I was going to buy one myself at the time, timing couldn't have been better=D

Although I am still looking for one of those large chest-freezers that lie flat on the ground and can keep things down to -30 or less ideally, especially if I were to modify some parts of the heat exchanger network and coolant supply. Something I could keep say, a bottle of chlorine, sulfur dioxide, ammonia gas (anhydrous), nitrogen dioxide, anhydrous HCl gas, HBr, all in liquid forms, pressurize hydrogen in tanks by pumping it whilst under intense cooling, in a freezer like that whilst submerged in dry ice/acetone or liquid nitrogen, pumping compressed gas into tanks for catalytic reductions etc. and then letting it self-pressurize under ambient temperatures causing the pressure to increase since the coolant immersion used whilst compressing a cylinder with a H2 feed is removed and it heats up to ambient temperatures, the pressure thus also increases.

Would love to have Cl2 and proper longterm hydrogen tanks, anhydrous ammonia, HCl, HBr etc. 'on tap', as well as inert gases, nitrogen and argon, all nicely securely bolted to the lab walls so all thats needed are lengths of tubing and to direct them where I want them to go. Oh boy, that'd be what santa could bring me best.

Well, it's official! Stella Artois is ineffectual, tasteless, fizzy piss, suitable only for lightweight southern poofs who can't handle their fuckin ale! 'Wife beater'? 'Henpecked fuckin cunt' more like...

I got gifted a 12 pack of (allegedly) 4.8% abv 225ml bottles of this shite t'other day, and not wishing to look a gift horse in the mouth, I set about it with relish. Six bottles later (1350ml), all I had was a bad headache, bloated guts and severe heartburn. No intoxication at all.

However, I only need two 550ml (1100ml) bottles of 4.7% abv Newcastle Brown and I'm starting to feel squiffy - even with my immense tolerance (2L of 9% Karpackie is just getting a taste for it afaic.). How does that fuckin work then? I reckon that Stella seriously overates its alcohol content to make the sad fucks that drink it feel 'ard...

Discuss.

Edit: Been experimenting with some Wychwood brewery hobgoblin ale (6.6% abv) - £1.50/500ml bottle from Morrison's ATM. Fuckin nice brew...

Last edited:
Drinking the same old same old tonight (Red)

I did however pay just £7 for 6 bottles of very nice red wine that should have totalled £27 (£7 a bottle or 2 for £9) today with no attempt at dishonesty (until I realised they'd fucked up when I got my shopping total)

Now if it was my local corner shop I'd have pointed it out, but massive supermarket chain who fleece me every week?

Nah, kept my mouth shut & didn't dare look at the receipt until I got in the car
Whoop!

LUCKY!!! Enjoy that vino BH!

Also, too right, the shop across the road are run by lovely people. He even offered to remove a spider from my window. They even offer to lower prices for us. They're just so sweet. If a supermarket fucks up in my favour I'm I wouldn't go rushing back to correct their mistake once I've spotted it. I would do at the time though had I noticed.

Short of cash tonight so scored a bottle of V-Kat dry schnapps (700ml @ 20% abv) for £4.99 from Home Bargains - slightly higher alcohol content than a half bottle of vodka for a quid less. Necked it neat - It's still not enough! Why is it never enough...?!!

God, I need drugs - NOW!!!

Although I am still looking for one of those large chest-freezers that lie flat on the ground and can keep things down to -30 or less ideally, especially if I were to modify some parts of the heat exchanger network and coolant supply. Something I could keep say, a bottle of chlorine, sulfur dioxide, ammonia gas (anhydrous), nitrogen dioxide, anhydrous HCl gas, HBr, all in liquid forms, pressurize hydrogen in tanks by pumping it whilst under intense cooling, in a freezer like that whilst submerged in dry ice/acetone or liquid nitrogen, pumping compressed gas into tanks for catalytic reductions etc. and then letting it self-pressurize under ambient temperatures causing the pressure to increase since the coolant immersion used whilst compressing a cylinder with a H2 feed is removed and it heats up to ambient temperatures, the pressure thus also increases.

If you do; would be a good idea to invest in a backup power supply (UPS) to safeguard against the eventuality of a power cut causing any nasty surprises.

Short of cash tonight so scored a bottle of V-Kat dry schnapps (700ml @ 20% abv) for £4.99 from Home Bargains - slightly higher alcohol content than a half bottle of vodka for a quid less. Necked it neat - It's still not enough! Why is it never enough...?!!

God, I need drugs - NOW!!!

One is good, two is better, twenty I'm just getting started. . .

I'm off nightshift in 75 minutes, grabbing some eggs, riding 60km to the pub and getting pished and stoned while watching the Japanese Moto GP.

Washing down the deeply scrummy steak 'n' spud dins with a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape (2014 if that means owt to any) we picked up on offer for just under a tenner a couple months back. Silky smooth with a pleasingly peppery back end that made for a mighty fine match with aforementioned dins.

91HbJE3skoL._SY550_.jpg

Early Xmas prezzie to myself. Tasty drop is that.

Jackal, already thought of that. The likes of having a bunch of chlorine gas tanks, ammonia tanks etc. in the deep-freeze, doesn't take a genius to picture what happens if a bunch of pressurized tanks of OTHER things got eaten through. Hydrogen tanks if eaten through by liquid chlorine, jesus, that would NOT be a pretty sight.

The nastier stuff in the fridge, are those that are liquid at RT, but extremely aggressive and need teflon or some other kind of fluoropolymer caps with flexible fluoropolymer seals, and the necks wrapped round with thick teflon tape windings to prevent any escaping, for stuff like interhalogens (like say, one of the nicest of them, iodine monochloride, that stuff will disintegrate a piece of plastic in about 15 minutes just from highly diluted traces coming from teflon-wrapped glass-glass joints, turning it whitish and crumbly, and making keck clips (plastic) split in half under their own tension) and give it another 12 hours or just less then such dilute traces do a pretty good job of reducing a piece of stainless steel to a chunk of rust in the shape of the original item)

So anything REALLY nasty, of course I'd not let it heat up in the case of a power failure. I don't want something like a chlorine gas bottle turning into a Cl2-powered rocket, and busting its way through the bottom of the upstairs bog, to embed itself several feet up my arse while I'm taking a shit. Its bad enough being an opioid user, without a corrosive-spewing impromptu trench-warfare missile launching itself up my chocolate starfish. Cl2 gas I don't mind (no, not up my ass)

Drinking a few beers, got offered a shot of the rum I gave my old man for xmas, popped a handful of moggies and chlormethiazole, going for a cigar before they KO me, and then I am going back to fucking sleep.

And sham, who the fuck wants a peppery back end? just stick a chili up your ass =D

No need to drink...*shudder*..WINE. Ew. Gross.

Not got my own presents to self yet, but have got almost a grand saved up, that is going to pimp the fuck out of the lab (again)

Vodka was gone by 10am. Was starting to go cold turkey, but the mother in law saved the day by turning up with 4 cans of Newcastle Brown. Just contemplating another vodka run - that's if I can find somewhere open...

Try the arab-run places. More likely to be muslims and therefore not celebrate xmas. The local 'paki shop' as everybody here calls it is still open xmas day (and no, they don't sell pakis =D Not that they'd get much custom) and throughout the year.

Buggered if I'm not going to pop a few moggies, some more chlormethiazole, a beer or two, some oxy and morphine shots and fuck off back under the covers.

Fubar mate, that sounds like you need to DO something about your alcohol intake. Including thiamine, high dose supplements, at worst, better, get your thiamine (vitamin B1) supplements checked medically. Because eating sugary food whilst in a state of thiamine depletion can actually cause neurological damage in alcoholics, including oedema of the brain (such as in chronically malnourished alcoholics, when they are brought to hospital and desperately require rehydration and IV sugars, if thiamine isn't given either IV or IM first the sugar itself can cause further neurological damage.

Try the arab-run places. More likely to be muslims and therefore not celebrate xmas. The local 'paki shop' as everybody here calls it is still open xmas day (and no, they don't sell pakis =D Not that they'd get much custom) and throughout the year.

Buggered if I'm not going to pop a few moggies, some more chlormethiazole, a beer or two, some oxy and morphine shots and fuck off back under the covers.

Fubar mate, that sounds like you need to DO something about your alcohol intake. Including thiamine, high dose supplements, at worst, better, get your thiamine (vitamin B1) supplements checked medically. Because eating sugary food whilst in a state of thiamine depletion can actually cause neurological damage in alcoholics, including oedema of the brain (such as in chronically malnourished alcoholics, when they are brought to hospital and desperately require rehydration and IV sugars, if thiamine isn't given either IV or IM first the sugar itself can cause further neurological damage.

Mr Chicken, I can assure you that I AM trying to do something about my alcohol intake - but nowhere was fuckin open... ;)

At New Year it was Champagne with rhubarb and ginger gin, a 100 years of Port out Aldi 4 wee bottles stacked together 40years, 30years 20 and 10 then Remy Martin. Was a good mix didn’t even feel that bad this morning.
If you like Port I highly recommend checking out Aldi was £30 absolute bargain.

Chivas Regal Extra, anyone that can tell me how old this Whiskey is on a general basis and difficult / rare it is to prcure? And how would you rate this one as well...? :) I have a cask of it standing right here and don't want to waste it as it is one of the best blended Scotch malt whiskeys I've ever tasted and don't want to run out of it too quickly... thanks in advantage! :)

-- Peace o/