• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Drinking? V2. Frosty Jacks - For The Discerning Pisshead

I think I'm calling myself a poof. I used to mix it with a wee bit of blackcurrant :eek:

What happened to Karpackie?

I think I'm calling myself a poof. I used to mix it with a wee bit of blackcurrant :eek:

What happened to Karpackie?

Add some lager and you've got a 'purple nasty' - the staple diet of my student days...

Hmm, Karpackie and FJ snake bites - there's a thought.. :D

Snake Bites 8( Weren't the once banned in the UK ?

Vodka and pineapple juice, loads of ice and lime.

I made a gorgeous jug of sangria at the weekend as we were going to have a bbq - we ended up just drinking that:D - Red wine, brandy, cointreau, simple syrup, pomegranite juice then a couple of sliced apples, orange and lemon - let it sit for a day in the fridge.

That sounds nice Bear.

I am drinking Asahi beer tonight. I normally strictly drink Coopers beers but it was on special and the proper Japanese version not one of the licensed versions made elsewhere which i find really annoying and all too common. Its not bad session beer. Easy to drink, nice and crisp. Quite different to Coopers Sparkling Ale my usual poison but good for a change. Going to pop a bottle of champagne once the chilli from the pizza subsides a bit to celebrate giving my notice at work. Nothing but mounds of paperwork to do tomorrow so if i am hungover it matters not. I think another bottle of Pol Roger 1996 is in order. The one the other night was simply sublime. Absolute vineous perfection.

Hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of sticky toffee sauce. Baby it's cold outside and I'm in need of a hug in a mug. Only thing that would make it more cozy is if my mum made it for me.

Crisp dry Eden Valley riesling. Maybe a Margaret River chardonnay if i get the taste. Its really hot here atm so strictly white wine. Nothing too flash. I think the riesling was $15 the chardy $25 from memory but both excellent wines.

Was not overloaded with bbq sauce. It was there but the flavour was from the marinated pork.

I am no fan of the riesling though I must admit I'm a massive fan of German wines I just can't seem to find a good one outside of Germany.

I find chardonnay overrated. Usually oaked ime.

I too drink my wine by the season as a rule of thumb unless paired with a meal. Whites and roses in the summer rich reds in the winter. Again though, unless paired with a meal.

I love German rieslings but we make completely different ones here in Australia. Bone dry, crisp acidity and lemon / lime flavours dominant with floral notes. Delicious stuff.

I dont like heavily oaked chardonnay as a rule. I prefer more fruit driven chardy with oak playing a supporting role. The modern style here tends to be more in the Chablis mould with crisp fruit and not a lot of oak.

I prefer a chenin or sauv blanc. Generic I know. No oak in sight. Care to join me in the other room ;) Gonna move this over to the drinking thread.

Decided against the second bottle. Being pissed and on crutches when already accident prone is not the best idea. Going to bed instead. Night.

Hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of sticky toffee sauce. Baby it's cold outside and I'm in need of a hug in a mug. Only thing that would make it more cozy is if my mum made it for me.

Mmmmmm you convinced me, hot chocolate it is. I'd demand my mum makes it for me just to tick that box as well but she isn't up yet... We really aren't morning people.

I'm not a morning person either OM. I was trying to get to sleep. I accidentally fell asleep after work / dinner and was wide awake. Only been asleep for a few hours and desperately want to go back to sleep again but it's getting rather late.

Hope you enjoyed the hot chocolate.