• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

i'm thankful that a website like workaway exists, which connects travellers with hosts for cultural exhange. i'm thankful i live in an age of technology where the internet exists, plane travel exists, free flow of information is possible.

i'm thankful that a website like workaway exists, which connects travellers with hosts for cultural exhange. i'm thankful i live in an age of technology where the internet exists, plane travel exists, free flow of information is possible.
Wow cool site!! Are you traveling right now??

I am thankful that I have a place to stay while I save money and figure out where I am going next. Thankful for my job.

Wow cool site!! Are you traveling right now??

I am thankful that I have a place to stay while I save money and figure out where I am going next. Thankful for my job.

i used the site to stay with 3 different hosts in QLD, australia (i'm from SA, australia) for 2 months, it honestly changed the way i am approaching life quite radically, in a small amount of time. so i'm planning to save up money now so i can use the site further away from home, and get some deeper insight into other cultures and ways of being.

I'm thankful for my family. Before I had gone in for treatment I was ashamed and couldn't talk about my drug problem, thinking they would judge me and no longer accept me or look at me the same. They proved me wrong, showing support throughout the entire process. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong.

^Mafioso, I am so happy for you. I think the harshest judgments always come from inside ourselves.<3

cooler weather!

I'm good but in my case I don't think my wife will ever forgive me, ever!! We've been through too much, too often and too tragically. We are still together, but it's not easy. Drug talks are totally inappropriate now. Not even movies about the subject. We have lived a wonderful life until I almost died in a hospital. Things just escalated from there, and now that I've been sober for way over two years, she believes I'm cured for good. Oh well..

I am quite grateful for my beautiful kids. They are finding out little by little but too far from being judged. They haven't seen anything and the got the best from me. We all still love each other and should I fall again, I trust they will be there for me. I'm glad I'm growing older and that alone is extra shield that helps me to stay sober.

^
2.75 years is no small feat!

Amen for the Cooler Weather H. That high pressure system was becoming a CA resident.

Thanks JA, sobriety time can be a lit scary. Imagine the size of the fall!! One day at a time my friend! :)

I am thankful I can count with people a trust. This very small group seems to be getting a bit larger as I move forward.
Thankful for having my kids with different versions of fun compared to mine at their age.
Thankful to be alive and with a companion, despite of our discussions.
Thankful for having my dog living on extra time, he's getting old but he's happy, still healthy. He has a problem with his eye, and that can't be fixed, so as long as he's happy I am happy. <3

Wish you all a great weekend!! :D

^ how beautiful is that to read? No better person to experience that. ?❤️

The people who've supported me in my life...And experience. Sadness has been the wisest teacher. Made me stronger than i could have imagined.

Thankful for the new Marc Maron standup special on Netflix.

If anyone needs a good laugh, watch it! I'm extremely thankful he was kind, generous and even recognized me when we met a few years ago! I'm just a silly girl who fell in love with his witty brain.

Today, I am thankful for given the opportunity to go and speak with some kids(adolescents) about my own struggles with drug addiction and alcoholism.
Maybe one of them will listen to me and try something different (when facing the stress's at school) instead of doing drugs.

Maybe a lot of them on the long term. I was once a volunteer in one rehab, sometimes it can be frustrating but it's a joy when you see that some of them are really reaching out for help.

^Mafioso, I am so happy for you. I think the harshest judgments always come from inside ourselves.<3

cooler weather!

Thanks herb, and that is the truth. I thought for sure they would think I was a pos and disown me, but I guess that probably stemmed from my own views of myself. They've been nothing but supportive.

I am thankful to have my license again. I haven't been able to drive since my DUI in January of this year.

25 days without cigarettes here!

That includes vaping too. The only forms of nicotine I've been ingesting are Nicorette lozenges (lots of 'em) and the occasional nicotine patch. I think I'm past the hardest part of the physical and mental withdrawal, but the cravings are still there. On the plus side, my lungs (and my wallet!) feel so much better :) very thankful!

^ how beautiful is that to read? No better person to experience that. &#55357;&#56833;❤️

The people who've supported me in my life...And experience. Sadness has been the wisest teacher. Made me stronger than i could have imagined.

What has always surprised me about sadness as a teacher is how gentle it a teacher it is once you get past the fear of entering the classroom.

I am thankful that I have learned when to say no to drugs. I have a bit of self control mostly because I'm terrified of going through withdrawals again. Especially benzo withdrawal. I guess I am thankful that I decided to care.

^well I am in a drug related benzo related predicament . I did not say no soon enough. Lol. But I will say that I am GRATEFUL and thankful that I have learned a lesson today.!! Whatever I thought before ... Was WRONG. And I will NOT forget. I will rejoice that I have learned this . And not do it again.

All the sweet souls that find their way here and the love and support they share.

I am thankful that I have learned when to say no to drugs. I have a bit of self control mostly because I'm terrified of going through withdrawals again. Especially benzo withdrawal. I guess I am thankful that I decided to care.

Right on. I never really thought about it like that. I didn't get sober until I was arrested, but even still when I look at how reckless I was living, in many ways I am grateful for getting arrested as it marks the day that I stopped using a list of drugs.

I guess deep down, I really am grateful for the day that I got arrested. Not everything about getting arrested has been positive and my legal situation is something I am still dealing with, but at least I got clean because of it.