Detoxing Off 600 Mg Oxycodone Per Day

Was it Oxycontin or something else Jane? Maybe an ER at night only would be beneficial, unless it zonks you out for more than 8 hours.

I am salivating over here over your 10 oxy in 4 hours. I am not taking it anymore but when I was at my worst, I often did that very thing.

It was oxycontin, and oxycodone for breakthrough. I won't go any stronger. I don't ever want to be walking around with a fentanyl patch, god willing.

^I dunno, fent (when whacked on ya skin), is a whole lot less tempting then oxy.

May give you more pain coverage too. Although I hear you on the "only oxy works". Same here.

You may be onto something with the water. I too drink litres each day, I've wondered if that's why I'm a fast metaboliser of oxy/codone.

I've gone through a gazillion CT's, it's well documented around BL that I'm a huge believer in pregabalin for opi withdrawl, but mebbe the water consumption is an additional reason I don't suffer too badly even when jumping from 400mg+ oxy to ZERO for a few days every month...

Chime in anyone

Rtp

Yep RTP.. gabapentin or lyrica are some of the best wepons we have for opiate withdrawls.

I wish more people would go get a script before they get into the tunnel.

I'e had lyrica. I find a combo of soma and valium work best for me. so, I"m out of oxy -- but! great news! They lasted exactly as long as they should have. A week ago they'd have been gone in a day. This time they lasted two full days and enough to start today with. So, I figured, I'm back to detox but now another friend says he's found 20/30 mgs for me. He's less than totally reliable, though, so I'll believe that when I see it.

ETA: I feel fantastic today. I don't know why. The oxy have worn off, but I just feel ... happy. I don't know why.

NSA, I know it is off topic, but why do you include laxatives in your WD arsenal?

Almost everyone with an opiate habit has compacted stool. Opiates play havoc with smooth muscles. Muscles responsible for moving things along in the bowel as well as stream strength in urination.

Stool softeners can help add h20 to the system and can reduce the chance of a bowel movement akin to child rearing.

If a person is exspierencng loose stool I hope they have the common sense to skip this aspect of the treatment.

Yeah thats why I asked. Most people start to get diarrhea in withdrawal and need loperamide or something else. But I guess in people tapering or in early withdrawal it may help. Just dont want some poor soul in the grips of agony taking something that may make them worse. I will say no more as it is off topic.

Its more for people who have a large long term habit. At this point people can have a large amount of rock hard stool. The mixture of rock hard and waking bowels can be an exspierience that can make a rational person dig it out with fingers or kitchen utensils.

ImO.. its better to try and wet the system before it goes ibto super flush.

How are you doing Jane?

Oh, I was fine. Quit everything, except valium and/or clonepin to sleep. Still had the mental lethargy, but I never did go through withdrawal. Timely question, since I notice that someone else is equally puzzled. For me, my wonderful Doctor refilled my script after three weeks when I mentioned I was out. So I got my script refilled really early. I've actually just now finished off the last of it. So, I'm going to do the low-dose opana for a couple of days like I did before and then just for pain.

Yep RTP.. gabapentin or lyrica are some of the best wepons we have for opiate withdrawls.

I wish more people would go get a script before they get into the tunnel.

I just found a bunch of old gabapentin that my mom has laying around. BUT ... I hear that 1) you have to take a boatload of this stuff for it to work; and 2) It will increase your tolerance like CRAZY for opiates. I guess, I could take them instead of opana for the first few days then switch over to the opana, but I don't want the opana to not kick out the pain because of the gaba. Have you ever heard of this?

Not necessarily so. Unless you've previously used gabapentin?

GABAergics work on other receptors so will not raise your opiate tolerance nor hinder any pain relief/buzz when re initiating your Opana's.

Good luck,

Rtp

Good for you Jane! I am amazed that you went through detoxing that easily...for me personally, it was a hell I never want to ever experience again Detoxed off of 300mg per day of time-released morphine. I had seizures (no idea why, but it was horrific), hallucinating, and all the other usual withdrawal symptoms-vomiting, diarrhea, chills, sweats....

On day 16, I took 400mg gabapentin...Within that hour I got up, ate, took a shower...still didn't sleep, but I was down on my knees grateful anyway. I take gabapentin now, instead of opiates. NeverSickAnymore knows what he's talking about. I also take Lyrica, which I know, is unusual to take w Gabapentin/Neurontin, but it works in my case.

I want to mention I had a huge opiate dependence for years, and took a year detour to using heroin as well....I still crave heroin now and again, but never crave the nightmare all of it led to. I wish you the best, and am so glad to hear you have done well.

Jane, are you actually detoxing or just finding ways to spread out your scripts?

Rtp

I'm not really sure what you mean, RTP. I am 1) trying to reduce the agonizing w/d I hear so much about; and 2) trying to keep the pain in my back to a minimum. Difficult to do with oxy, because I end up taking so much. I see what the people who warned me about this meant, actually. I went about a week and a half with nothing but about 10 mg of opana per day for the pain, and when I got my oxy, my tolerance had gone way down. But, then it ended up going way up really quickly because ... well, I don't know why, actually. But it did. My tolerance was through the roof -- I went through 240/30 mg of oxy in 10 days this last time. Just a ridiculous amount and so much of the joy is gone with it at the level, cause you KNOW you're going to have detox way soon.

So, today, I'll take 3/5 mg opana three times a day, with a couple benzos. Tomorrow, I have to work, so it will be opana only, Within a week, if things go as they should, I should be down to 5 mg opana twice a day, and that is mostly for the pain. I may take benzos to sleep at night, unless you're recommending the gaba, which I don't have a lot of. Whether that is detox or spreading out scripts, I don't know. I just am trying to function while coming off a huge oxy habit without any oxy. And I need to bring it under control so I can work. I had to start work a week late because of mom's health issues, but if I'm being honest, a lot of that was being high and not wanting to work because of it. I'm counting on work to help me keep my habit under control, so it's a good thing that I am out, as long as I don't get too sick to work. After last month's experience, I actually think it'll be a lot easier to work without the oxy. Fingers crossed.

No. I'd never even heard of gaba it til you mentioned it. then I found about ten old ones from the time my mom got them. They didn't work for her pain at all, but she doesn't have the issues I have ... or rather, her issues are still in the manageable stage. I see her using the opana in ways that she shouldn't be, but she's okay for the most part. They took her off vicodin (which she didn't even take), a couple years ago and put her on gaba for breakthrough along with the methadone they had her on. The methadone never worked for her, yet they wouldn't give her anything, like opana, that really does work, until I took her in and threw an absolute fit over their treatment of this 80 year old woman. So, I thought it was pretty funny-peculiar that you mentioned gaba and I found those pills just a couple weeks later.

Is it a cycle of *have oxy, will use*, or have you come off completely aka "detox"?

Sorry, I'm finding it hard to follow.

Rtp

Is it a cycle of *have oxy, will use*, or have you come off completely aka "detox"?

Sorry, I'm finding it hard to follow.

Rtp

I originally wanted to just get back to the point where 8/30 mg oxys per day were doing it for me. Keeping the pain away, and keeping my head in a good place. That's what I'm prescribed and it worked fine for a very long time. My tolerance didn't skyrocket until I had major surgery and the surgeon nearly doubled my dosage for a month. Suddenly, my tolerance was off the top; I was eating oxy like candy and spending all my money buying more when I ran out. I wanted to stop doing all that, when I started this process. After seeing how quickly I was jamming the oxys in my mouth last time I picked up a script, after going without for a week or so, I don't know if my original plan is going to be possible. I went through 240/30 mg pills in under ten days.

Now, I'd just as soon take minimum doses to get by on the days I work (four days a week), and save the head high stuff for my days off. So take maybe 3 a day for pain and just live with the residual pain, and do the difference on my days off. I can't really take much more than than three a day and work anyway. I tried last week and guess how many days I got to work? If you said zero, you'd be right. Granted, family health issues played a part, but I did not want to either ruin my lovely high by going to work OR stop taking it. Now I'm back at work, doing fine, other than some major back pain when I get home, and am even going to a conference this weekend. Filling up time. I can't pick up my next script til a week from Friday and I'm determined not to buy any. I think that's the only way this will work. I'll just have to force myself to stop the oxyfest early Sunday and get to sleep early enough for work on Monday. Then I can go nuts again Thursday-Saturday nights.

NOT what I had planned to do, but i've got a lot of will power and I can hold onto my oxy during the week if I know I can do them all weekend. That's the sad truth. The good news is that, again, I'm not sick detoxing. Just the mental blahs ...

Since you took Opana whn you were off Oxy, not surprising you didn't have withdrawal symptoms.