Detoxing Off 600 Mg Oxycodone Per Day

Since you took Opana whn you were off Oxy, not surprising you didn't have withdrawal symptoms.

I was taking over 600 mg of oxy a day and only 30-45 mg per day of opana. That's a pretty big difference. It's the equivalent of going from 600 mg of oxy to 60 or 90 mg. I assume there should be some withdrawal given the rapid detox and actually there was tremendous pain today. Going back to work is extremely hard on my body, I'm finding.

Well Sweet Jane,

Whats your plan? from this whole blog or journal ti doesn't seem like you are that serious about quitting?

Have you thought about maybe methadone if you aren't ready to stop using and need pain relief? Methadone is the greatest narcotic pain reliever in the world; way better than oxy;

You will never be able to use Oxy like you once did; going through 240 in 10 days is ridiculous; Trust me you will either keep doing what you are doing until you face enough hell to want to change or will keep using till you reach that point...

^Which is the same thing.

But yeah, that was actually what I was querying sweetjane. Detox, as I see it, is coming off a substance.

What I feel you're attempting is to "bridge" between scripts.

Another opioid will relieve opioid wd symptoms, even at a much lesser dose.

Eg: I'd often use oxy in your range,( around 5-600mg daily), but even 600mgs codeine (CWE) would hold me. 100=10mg.

I know for a fact I can never go back to abusing oxy for my pain. Even at such doses as you're taking I didn't obtain that much pain relief.

Scary thought I know, but have you ever thought of seeing how you go without opiates on board for pain? This was suggested to me at one point & I thought absofuckinglutely no way known.

I'm no longer opioid free & wouldn't wish to be. But there comes a time when your preference for your DOC doesn't do you any favours.

Are you with a PM dr? Could you rotate to Opana or another pain med that won't just increase your tolerance with diminishing returns?

Rtp

I've been off everything for over a week now. No w/d but a lot of mental blahs. I have an entire bottle of liquid morphine, but I hate it and I don't need it that badly. I'm just gutting through the pain in my back until my script is filled Friday. I don't want to be out of it, which the morphine tends to do. Still got the mental blahs. From now on it's only my prescription. The main person who gives me oxy and other stuff is on my side. I said nothing, no more, even if I'm begging and, other than the morphine (he's worried I'm going to die from detox), he's been really supportive. He had much the same issue once upon a time.

I have a lot of people who will give me drugs. I don't want them. I want to get my own on my script. So ... a friend I trust implicitly is going to take my oxy and dole it out to me weekly like a kid. I figure that is the best way to get used to not having it around when I get the urge to spend 48 hours straight on oxy. Plus, detoxing from one week's worth is way better than a month's worth. Hopefully, within a couple months, I'll have enough willpower to be able to go it alone.
RTP: My doctor is not pain management but she is the best. Plus, she cried when she got my MRI results. I guess she was so used to people just trying to get drugs that she was taking what I said about the pain with a grain of salt. And I was a new patient then. She did send me to a pain doctor, but I had just started taking vicodan then and I wouldn't consider anything stronger, so she sent me back to my regular doctor. I don't know what my Dr. wrote in my chart, but I have to keep them from giving me shots of dilautin when I go into urgent care, which I hear is almost unheard of. So, she'd be willing to try whatever I wanted. I don't like opana. Like morphine, it either doesn't kill the pain, or it puts me to sleep. I really have access to a small pharmacy's worth of opiates; the problem is that I only want the oxy. And if I'm only going to take the oxy, then I have to be able to get by on my script.

So, that's where I'm going with this. I'm not too concerned with how I take the oxy during the week, as long as it doesn't mess up work, I just want it to last until I get my next week's supply. And what I'm prescribed should be enough. 240/30mg oxy per month plus 60/10 mg valium, plus 90 soma. I give the soma away. I'm not sure what it's supposed to do but it doesn't really do anything for me. A lot of people like it a lot though, apparently. And I'm not at all interested in selling the stuff. If I don't need it and you do, it's yours. I don't want the kind of karma the people who are ripping me off for oxy at $20 a pill are going to get. Not to sound all new agey or anything, but they'll be giving it away now that I'm not interested I think.

I guess I'm confused. I've been as open and as honest as possible here. As my goals changed, due to circumstances, I changed with them. Not sure how much more clear I can get than I did above, 1) I don't want to take anything but my script. 2) I have to learn how to get by on my script only. What more do you want from me?

Holy shit I just read through this - I gotta say you are a tough cookie! I cry like a baby and kick my legs like crazy and I'm on less than half of yours and have always had the added benefit of some suboxone when I attempted anything...

Wow - good for you Jane! Maybe the fact that you've had such serious chronic pain issues has made your pain treshold really high? Either way - this is amazing and inspirational. Thank you for sharing your story!

Holy shit I just read through this - I gotta say you are a tough cookie! I cry like a baby and kick my legs like crazy and I'm on less than half of yours and have always had the added benefit of some suboxone when I attempted anything...

Wow - good for you Jane! Maybe the fact that you've had such serious chronic pain issues has made your pain treshold really high? Either way - this is amazing and inspirational. Thank you for sharing your story!

Well, I'm not as strong-willed as I thought. I can get by my til my next script, but then -- just as everyone says -- I gobble up my script immediately. And I spent all my extra money buying up more, which doesn't last me at all. It's a total waste. If nothing else, I AM going to stop buying oxi once my script is gone.
So, now I'm going for six weeks without any narcotics. Really there are only two things that worry me: 1) the mental blahs; and 2) the pain. I'm particularly worried about the pain because I know from past experience I HAVE to work out like crazy to get past any addiction, and I'm worried enough about just getting through six weeks of pain without even trying to figure out how I'll work out as well. And I don't want to take narcotics at all during this time.

What about Tramadol? I got up on my high horse, and rode away from that drug a couple years ago, after trying it a couple days. It didn't seem to work. But if it can get me through six weeks -- I know it won't get rid of the pain entirely, but maybe it will at least let me move around for those six weeks? Has anyone had experience with tramadol after using oxy for a couple years?

Hi Mary Jane!
How are you doing ?
From my previous experiences with back pain, and addiction, high tolerence, opiates (oxy, Roxi, OP, Norco), heroin, lyrica, gabapebtin and other cycling in and out of WD really fucked my brain chemistry up. Are you also on non narcotic psych meds, I.e., SSRI/anti depressants? Just curious about your complete medication profile. Ive struggled with relapses but I finally got sober with Suboxone... 1 yr with suboxone 6 mg then I tapered down to 2mg suboxone and jumped off 4 weeks ago. Went 3 days CT then hopped on mod dose loperimide aka immodium (started at 40mg loperimide currently at 8 mg loperimide every morning) and it has been a wonderful tool to get my head in the game. I have never been able to taper regular opiates and still doubt I could, but loperimide/immodium has been very easy to taper.and I've experienced very little WD discomfort. Gabapentin 3-600 worked wonders in the past for WD/bridging. I hope you get where your going and never look back. Keep us posted.

BTW, yes, i have used tramadol and it is effective for pain even after high dose opiate escapades. The trick is to get back down to baseline (no real opiates in system) then give tramadol a shot. Ultracet might be a better option though... Ultracet = tramadol with acetaminophen. pharmacies have it as 37.5mg(t)/325(apap) or u can add one reg strength Tylenol (same thing pretty much) be careful not to take more then 3000 mg Tylenol per day. Also the max on tramadol is 2-400 mg day... Liver and kidney issues.

Yeah, I've been prescribe sulindac (sp?) and tramadol, but neither of them really worked for me. I'm feeling pretty good right now though. I've gone a couple weeks without anything except valium so that should lower my tolerance. My issue is that my tolerance goes right back up,

In answer to your other question. I do take two valiums a day. and they really seem to help keep me loose. I also get 90 soma a month although, to be honest, I'm not sure what they do? They seem to improve the Quality of my sleep but not the quantity.

I'm really going to try to make this script last all month, I'll let you know how it goes.

Sulindac is Clinoril-a NSAID that's used for joint pain and inflammation. It's also common to have all sorts of gastric problems with this drug and I've never heard of anyone getting high taking it. Good to hear that you are feeling well and that valium is working. Soma is supposedly a muscle relaxant but I haven't noticed that it does anything other than make me sleepy.

Are you going to have your friend hold your pills? You've probably been through this a time or two, but at least at first, maybe you should not immediately resume a high dose.

Yep RTP.. gabapentin or lyrica are some of the best wepons we have for opiate withdrawls.

I wish more people would go get a script before they get into the tunnel.

where and how do you get these? I keep hearing they help, but who do I go to for them?

^Any doctor, preferably one you have some history with but not always necessary. These are both typically reserved for nerve pain & not difficult to obtain.

Depending on where you live gavapentin may be the easiest to get, but increasingly so, lyrica is prescribed in it's place these days.

Nerve pain is difficult to prove, so if you go to your primary care dr with "feelings of shooting pains in your legs esp awakening you at night", then you should have no prob getting a script for either.

There's a ton of info on BL regarding both.

Good luck,

Rtp