• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

No one knows I've been using. Looking for help here making it through the 1st week.

Congrats on making it so far. As others have pointed out, despite your duration and frequency of use, you were using very little so you are way ahead of the curve.

Oxy has a relatively longer half-life than say H (my DOC) so your true symptoms might show up a tad later than expected.

Use this knowledge to empower you: lesser people have withdrawn cold turkey off of longer periods of heavier use, many with the ROA of IV which I believe is harder to kick.

You can do it. Keep us updated. Well done so far!

Thanks, Phil.McKeer-
been having these "throw it all away" thoughts- like dump the bf, move, etc...
I can't tell if it's clarity or some crazy mood swing I should wait through... what's me vs what's some chemical reaction in my brain...

That's just the withdrawal talking. There are physical (runny nose, watery eyes, restless legs, bone/joint pain, etc) and mental aspects (depression, "mind fuck") to withdrawal.

For me personally, during withdrawal I sit around and think about how wrong I've lived my life, all the mistakes I've made, exes I've wronged, etc ad nauseum.

Don't do anything drastic for at least a couple weeks. These aren't your real, baseline feelings.

Last edited:
Right on Gelfling! I am so glad to hear it's going ok. Don't look back. I agree with not making any crazy changes - it will take a minute for your brain to get used to all the information overload - right now it's like a kid in a candy store, wanting to do all the stuff it hasn't been able to do for a while!

I wish you the best.

Yeah I would tend to get the wd rages going and the next minute want to cry like a baby so many chemicals that are depleted in your brain and an influx of others right now. I'm a guy so I wouldn't know and I'm not trying to offend but I used to call it withdrawal pms. I'm really proud of your progress and as others have said don't make any lie altering decisions.Remember you are really gonna be on an emotional rollercoaster for a bit and especially since he doesn't know that you are in wd you shouldn't take it out on him. I promise you'll get more level headed you just have to ride it out.

Agreed. I just needed to hear it from someone else. It's harder to listen to your own advice sometimes.