• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Opiophile shutting down!!

Such a shame. I joined a year ago but only posted a few times. Mostly read the unbelievably valuable information provided by the amazing Opiophiles. :-(

I thought Johnny was just doing the PST thing, pods, etc. I'm guessing that's wrong? Or was the money for that?

You seem like you're in the know about what went on/is going on. Can you fill us in a little more?

Im not in the know as all this is publically available information spread across multiple forums. With that said it seems like his habit grew as they tend to do and he started scamming people. I don't know anything beyond that. I am sure some people are working behind the scenes to get the database from johhny or some other way. Hopefully it can be salvaged and the site can be reborn under new ownership.

Ugh, I miss that damn site! Don't get me wrong love bluelight, but they had a looser attitude about discussing certain things.. And I new something was fishy, there were people questioning him the whole time and people standing up from him, but in my head I was like how many damn things can go wrong with a website thats been up for YEARS, I mean, really. I never donated, suprised so many junkies/drug addicts did donate all that the whole time honestly....

Hello Guys I'm just sick about the phile being down, I had a feeling it was "J Mohawk" that was scamming the money from all that gave, like me I gave little, and it pissed me off when I could no longer get even a reply from JM. Darn I hope someone gets the data needed to start up the phile again I keep going to old website address, and keep getting nothing it sucks, I used the site every day it was like going to therapy for me when I was in WD it helped? don't no but it did help. Thank you, crimsonjunk for the info you have put together and let us know. It dose give me hope that someone, will start up the site again. thanks Zoomer

Ya, there and bluelight were my homes, though I do spend more time on here simply because there are more post/fourms. Now I have bluelight but now the only drug site left besides here is...drug-fourm.com...and it's okay, but they use the term SWIM there...well really its kinda sucky.

I agree that the whole thing is a shame but johhny Mohawk is a giant fuckbag. He is now holding the database hostage for more money. It turns out all the ddos attacks, server fire ect was all part of a bigger scam to milk money out of the site. I would have been fine with him taking a little salary to run the site but what he did is inexcusable. Opiophile appears to be officially dead.

I kinda doubted the DDOS attack thing. People don't hate drug addicts that much. I read some people ddos attacked al queda websites but that was a group attack by experienced hackers. Hackers only really give a shit about things that directly benefit them or things they are passionate about.

I really doubt any hacker would fuck with HR websites or Bluelight would have the same problems. When I heard that ddos attack shite I thought it sounded like someone was out of smack instead.

I know some people donated in the thousands literally and where like "why is the sight not back up" and JM would say he was exhausted.

As often as it is done, the cover up is worse than the crime. There were some people on opiophile that were passionate about the place and really cared and the ones that had money gave it up so there is really no telling to how much JM raked in as it would only take one well off member to line his pockets heavy.

So its dead in the water for good then? There are no talks of anyone else taking over?

Where did you hear that he is holding the "database hostage.

I have been looking for answers the day the site went down "for good"...

This is so sad, as someone else said, this place was here for the entirety of my opiate use and I have so many memories, posts and threads that taught me so much throughout the years. To see it all just disappear is so sad.

If anyone knows how to get into contact with Jonny, I would really like to talk to him as to somehow work something out financially, because it means that much to me.

I have been looking for answers the day the site went down "for good"...

This is so sad, as someone else said, this place was here for the entirety of my opiate use and I have so many memories, posts and threads that taught me so much throughout the years. To see it all just disappear is so sad.

If anyone knows how to get into contact with Jonny, I would really like to talk to him as to somehow work something out financially, because it means that much to me.

Apologies in advance for resuscitating an old thread - but I'm seconding this notion. I'll try and use some of the contacts I have from within that community to try and see if I can get in contact with him. If anyone on here is reading this and talks to Nick, Brony or Chops I would try reaching out to those fellas, they'd be most likely to have a copy of the database (from least likely -> most likely, in my opinion). I was a hugely active member there for 10+ years, but I've been clean now for almost 7, so my usage of the site was few and far between in the past few years...although I too am incredibly saddened to see what I had told everyone and been flamed for, for years, be exposed for everyone to see as the truth. I mentioned countless times that I would be more than happy to have taken on the *entirety* of the hosting costs of the site, and given JM access to a server with the necessary bandwidth and resources, no need to even do as much as change my user permissions. Having worked in varied online business fields and extensively so within the hosting and webdev communities, I knew from day one that he was full of shit about the site costing $X - X being whatever he needed to pay his dealer that month, of course.

As someone who literally helped develop the forums software that both this site and Opiophile ran on (vBulletin) for years and as such participated in building/supporting online discussion forums with active user counts 100x of opi at it's peak popularity it was clear to myself and several others (the more technically proficient among us, anyway) what was going on. It was discussed many times off-site at length for years before the site finally died that the claims he frequently made were alarmingly bogus to the dorkier bunch - I recall actually mentioning this very point in the drama thread that I saw the last time I went to visit opiophile (prior to today) so I guess it's been down for some time.

I found this thread via google and it's right up on the top results - JonnyMohawk - I say this to you, as a plea from someone who personally would like to preserve the wealth of knowledge and culture that developed on those forums, as well as the 800 or so posts of mine many of which were quite long and all told had over a million combined thread views at one point -- please do the right thing and let those of us who wish to take the responsibility of running the site (be it fiscally, technically, or in whatsoever way) do so. If it's true that you're "holding the database hostage for money" (which I don't really think is natural to your character, at least from the interaction we have had with each other) then allow me to pay the ransom. You can reach me any time I won't speak a word of it to anyone and will simply reload the database onto active hosting and buy the rights to the domain name/branding/archived SQL database.

EDIT: Ryan, what up man. Hit me up some time. Maybe we can figure this thing out.

I was a member of opiophile for some time but never donated any money as I just didn't trust the site as it would keep going down. There is a spin off site called Drugs and Users.com. Some old members of opiophile are on it but not much traffic as opiophile but some reall good poster however. There were some very experienced and insightful users on that site that gave very good advice you could just tell these guys have been around the block as it seemed it was more of an older community as blue light appears to be more of the college high school crowd.

Blue light is definitely my go to site I appreciate the harm reduction side of the house and the many topics and forum options.
Just wish there were some older posters. I don't mean like 60 years old or 70 years old but at least mid 30s to 50 years old.

Happy to be here

sad good information source , better than weeding through all the n00b crap in OD

If you want to keep up with the old opiophile guys you can. Not sure if I can name the site but it is easy to google and find the info.

New place badly needs to " add" the opiophile database/posts.

Loved that site

drugs and users is nowhere near as good as the o'phile.... really miss that site, BL is a bit too HR for me.

i really benefited the threads about specific locations and prices for good dope way more then the "no sourcing/no pricing/no meeting up in person/heroin is bad" place BL has become.

if theres another site where junkies can talk about doing junk with care-free lingo, someone please let the cat out of the bag. googles not helping me.

Yes i remember you dieselbaby!
Shows how one can fuck it up for All.wish there was a place for older users,esp.IDU here too,we have lots of same problems!

If you want to keep up with the old opiophile guys you can. Not sure if I can name the site but it is easy to google and find the info.

New place badly needs to " add" the opiophile database/posts.

Loved that site

Yeah having the database would be great so many amazing stories where lost when dude bailed. I wonder what happened to Duckfeet. I loved his stories from the 60s and 70s. He had lived a life worthy of a book and was a damp good writer too boot. I don't miss the site politics bur the posters where top notch.

I don't get what the owner of opiophile database(JM), is getting out of not letting someone buy the site.

It's offline for past 2 years ,which is no good for anybody.

However, main reason I can't get into the opiophile replacement site Forum Drugs & Users is the whole layout is rubbish. They clearly went for the cheapest forum/bb possible. The old opiophile layout was cool as is Vbb @ blue light.

Main thing they need to somehow get the old opiophile database added to new site.