• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Opiophile shutting down!!

Did they really expect the junkies to give away money to a website? Lol I guess that was a generalization but still

I tried registering there for years and never got in. Lame. I wonder if old forum posts will still be visible? There's some good discussions there.

It's back up now. Much drama ensuing. I hope it doesn't go down lots of good opiate specific knowledge there. They are also a little more liberal on some stuff that BL isn't.

It's back up!!?? No offensese, I love my bluelighth but my opiophile too.. Bluelight for actual scientific knowledge on chemicals(well opio too) while opiophile is much looser and you don't have to watch what you say as much & they are still a HR site.. anyway lemmee go see if there back up, I gave up cuz everytime I tried it wouldn't do anything. Nothing better happent to bluelight like that ever!!

I dont think that BL would befall the same fate just because ours is a way more diverse forum. I think you encounter membership and loyalty issues when you focus on one subject simply because most people have a main focus but also many smaller ones that need to be satisfied as well. So when people have a primary question answered they will often cycle through all of the other forum types and it is the diversity that keeps people here. As my needs changed over time BL was always relevant to my study. Once the cannabis discussion forum came to be I spent a lot of my early teen years reading that one, then after a few years psychedelic, then other, then i became a mod. That sequence would not have happened if BL were MDMA specific, as it was in the past.

Our diversity and board understanding that allows for "experts" in all fields to arise through either effort or innate talent will provide a long standing forum I feel. That is if we can get good mods because diversity also mean a large collection of different problems all of which requiring unique solutions. I think we found a good balance so far :)

Ya that was me, I was always on the weed fourm/other weed fourms when I was 13, (erowid all the time also reading on phys) then the pscyceldelic fourm, then the i'm a junkie fourm at 17(well pill head at that time but same thing when you come down to it THOUGh I wasn't using everyday till 18).

Seems like they are still asking for money not gone yet. I've never been able to bother registering like everyone else though I've had a couple chances. I barely have anything to say here either but I do anyways out of habit. It's a good place for anecdotal info and opiate culture stuff I would be sad to see it go but can't afford to give anything.

Looks like everyone's pretty suspicious on there right now.

Opiophile has a more educated and entertaining user base because they are selective in who they let post. Over here we let in the so called unwashed masses and it does bring down the level of discussion. Both ideas have merits but BL is doing more public service IMO. But honestly if I want advice on a very specialized difficult topic I go ask at opiophile. They got some really smart experienced users. It will be a shame if that resource goes away.

Opiophile has a more educated and entertaining user base because they are selective in who they let post. Over here we let in the so called unwashed masses and it does bring down the level of discussion. Both ideas have merits but BL is doing more public service IMO. But honestly if I want advice on a very specialized difficult topic I go ask at opiophile. They got some really smart experienced users. It will be a shame if that resource goes away.

This. And they have more extensive and accurate HR advice for opiates, I've found--again, probably because of the self-selecting member base.

Ya that was me, I was always on the weed fourm/other weed fourms when I was 13, (erowid all the time also reading on phys) then the pscyceldelic fourm, then the i'm a junkie fourm at 17(well pill head at that time but same thing when you come down to it THOUGh I wasn't using everyday till 18).
Grasscity? :)

Did they really expect the junkies to give away money to a website? Lol I guess that was a generalization but still

members gave thousands of dollars in donations with nothing expected in return. It costs a lot, servers, servers again because they were damaged intentionally, constant DDOS attacks, people trying to sabotage the website every month.

ALOT of money was donated to keep opiophile afloat, in the end, I suppose it was not enough.

Also, it would be a shame to see opiophile die, I am trying to get up with some of the mods/admin now to see what is going on.

It's terrible, my whole life story from when I started using is practically on the website, like a diary, I met so many amazingggg people, and so much info about opiates (and many other drugs, there is a forum for just about everything(weed, stims, sedatives, hallucinogens, pretty much everything, although opiates were the sites main concern there was massive info about many other drugs, especially benzos, many benzo users there, countless great, safe benzo taper with differing benzos in the "sedatives and hypnotics" forum, and priceless HR information and so, so much more. Most of the members only forums weren't so much focused on drugs, just people shooting the shit, helping each other through hard times, and even a bit of nudity every now and again.:)

I really hope it will come back, I've been a member since 2007, 8 years now, and I think nearly 5k posts on that site, I miss it, oddly enough it was a part of me, somewhere I could go and vent all the things I can't vent to people in real life, a diary, except written to a whole bunch of people in the same position as me, always without positive feedback. but anyways, kinda rambling over here... if anyone knows more, please post or contact me through this website, my email should be available somewhere in my profile, or I will subscribe to this thread and you could just post here. (I don't know how that works here, the communication rules, I imagine very strict, so forgive me if I broke any rules, and remove them from the post.)

Take it easy guys,

Ryan

Last edited:
Last time I logged on Johny Mohawk said the site needed money but never really could come up with a number.

People were putting money in but I think people were getting suspicious as to where the money was going.

It was a great site with a myriad of useful information.

It would be nice if someone archived it because the info was that good.

Last time I logged on Johny Mohawk said the site needed money but never really could come up with a number.

People were putting money in but I think people were getting suspicious as to where the money was going.

It was a great site with a myriad of useful information.

It would be nice if someone archived it because the info was that good.

I know the admins have backups, I don't know how that much it would cost for all that data could be archived on the web.

But I definitely would like to see it happen, good, solid info, awesome stories, harm reduction advice from professionals, an efficient method for IVing almost every brand of morphine ER (if you are going to do it, do it right? eh), and the info on bupe (suboxone/subutex) is immense and irreplacable.

I hadn't logged on in a few months before it shut down, so I don't really know what info was posted those last few days, if anything, before it went down.

Fingers crossed we can get it back up or an archived version as you suggest.

Last edited:
The truth has pretty much came out that the site owner Johhny was putting the donation money into his addiction. Hopefully he will hand the site over to a more capable person and it will be back up. Word is that the server costs are paid up now by a generous company that advertised there. But if I was that company I would advertise here at bluelight. Much more stable site with a larger user base.

I remember trying to register there, multiple times years ago. But I never could, fuckers.

Man Opiophile was a great site, being a huge opiophile myself. I never did get to register there though. I hope it comes back!

The truth has pretty much came out that the site owner Johhny was putting the donation money into his addiction. Hopefully he will hand the site over to a more capable person and it will be back up. Word is that the server costs are paid up now by a generous company that advertised there. But if I was that company I would advertise here at bluelight. Much more stable site with a larger user base.

That is the feeling I got when he could not put a monetary amount on what it takes to run the site and his constant state of being super busy. The thing is people donated large amounts of money and well when they asked where it was going they got answers like "super busy, will post later" and "bandwidth prices vary so much its impossible to even ballpark."

It is sad. The site has some extremely useful info. I wouldn't even blame Johny M tbh. He was running the show and well if you give a drug addict money to do something chances are they will probably keep some and if it seemed like the site was going down he probably just adopted a fuck-it attitude. I am not saying what he did was right, just the whole damn thing is a shame.

That is the feeling I got when he could not put a monetary amount on what it takes to run the site and his constant state of being super busy. The thing is people donated large amounts of money and well when they asked where it was going they got answers like "super busy, will post later" and "bandwidth prices vary so much its impossible to even ballpark."

It is sad. The site has some extremely useful info. I wouldn't even blame Johny M tbh. He was running the show and well if you give a drug addict money to do something chances are they will probably keep some and if it seemed like the site was going down he probably just adopted a fuck-it attitude. I am not saying what he did was right, just the whole damn thing is a shame.

I agree that the whole thing is a shame but johhny Mohawk is a giant fuckbag. He is now holding the database hostage for more money. It turns out all the ddos attacks, server fire ect was all part of a bigger scam to milk money out of the site. I would have been fine with him taking a little salary to run the site but what he did is inexcusable. Opiophile appears to be officially dead.