• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Xanax Full Recovery

wait , you remember the amount of days you actually took the benzos? it was a handful of times ? Topped out at 6mg xanax...... Yeah man, like everyone said, it doesn't sound like youre in benzo withdrawal.......... I've been on klonopin for ten years, (other benzo's as well) ... I've never had benzo withdrawal (not that I could tell) ...... and I did go up to 4 mg a day for awhile...

It's not as if I remember the night, I'm just not an idiot and know the general week of the month that I had done the drugs. My body has always been sensitive towards external substances and the night of 6 mgs was the night I not only went back to the lowest point of Xanax (each time you do Xanax, you reset all the way back, then further depending on how much you've done, which was 6 mgs for me that night, and a couple of takes before that in those two weeks, as I had not known that I was being affected until the 6mg night). I know it's benzo withdrawal since I'm recovering slowly but with perfection at each step. My body is as strong as my mind and my will, and it's taking it's time to make sure that it's recovering to perfection. Hell, today as I was with my parents, their vibe actually hit me, it wasn't just a relationship but rather, I remembered the special feeling of my parents. Even when I drive, I notice depth and perception much better, still nowhere near peak but I'm getting there. I say a couple more months until I recover fully :)

Now that I think about it, what are the effects of drinking on Xanax? Especially if one had a really bad attack, profuse sweating, blacked out, when on Xanax 4 years ago and drank around 10 shots? Possibly even up to 16 (hard liquor). Thanks.

Are you a hypochondriac? Not asking that to be an asshole, but you seem obsessed with what you think using xanax did to you.

Now that I think about it, what are the effects of drinking on Xanax? Especially if one had a really bad attack, profuse sweating, blacked out, when on Xanax 4 years ago and drank around 10 shots? Possibly even up to 16 (hard liquor). Thanks.

I used to mix xanax with alcohol almost always and I certainly feel it was one of the main reasons my withdrawal from it was one of the most horrible experiences I've ever gone through. Some of my friends used xanax in much bigger quantities and longer time period than me, and their withdrawal was quite mild and shorter to my own; what I've spoken about it with them.

I certainly think mixing benzos with alcohol will probably do much more damage to GABA/CNS rather than just taking one at a time. I wouldn't call GetMeBackToNormal crazy, for I personally have gone through a very bad xanax withdrawal using much smaller amounts in a shorter time frame than some of my friends and suffered for much longer than anyone I knew and I was not even abusing xanax for long, while some of my friends have felt relatively normal in few months even after years of abuse. My xanax withdrawal was total derealization and depersonalization and it took me 1,5-2 years to feel back to my normal self. ( I have totally different problems going on at the moment, I haven't touched benzos in years )

Are your eyes back to normal (no longer a form of blankness as well as going opposite directions due to lack of focus?) as well as has your creativity come back (not using the same phrases to speak, despite speaking getting better)?

No, I'm not a "hydrochroniac". I've looked up pictures of me since Senior year of high school and it went from non-druggy to druggy, despite me never constantly using. Just a couple months ago, I couldn't understand what people were saying, now I can understand but it's no where near perfect. I watch these videos of people online (full recovery or recovery post-2years etc) and they can listen and speak but it's as if their responses are simply quicker automated, they still have a response system and not a creative communication system.

Are your eyes back to normal (no longer a form of blankness as well as going opposite directions due to lack of focus?) as well as has your creativity come back (not using the same phrases to speak, despite speaking getting better)?

I don't remember having any eye problems, expect sensitiveness to (sun)light. First of all: creativity and wittiness comes back: it is a learning process.

Lets take Eminem for example:
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...17/story-e6frfmqi-1226671385276#ixzz2XUeXTaL3
"I had to regain motor skills, I had to regain talking skills. It's been a learning process. I'm growing. I couldn't believe that anybody could be naturally happy without being on something. So I would say to anybody 'It does get better.'"

Look now, don't take me as some recovery story, every case is different. I felt my normal self after that xanax abuse about after 18 months. That is, the brain fog was gone and I felt like never even having touched benzos.

Am I normal now? Hell no. Xanax abuse was years ago, I've abused lots of different drugs after that ranging from any other drug imaginable. Meth,MDMA,LSD,Cannabis,Alcohol last 6 months. I've been sober now for 11 weeks and I still have persistent HPPD or walls melting syndrome. I've fried my brain, so to speak. So please don't ask how am I doing now because I'm not doing that well. I probably never will be my "old self" but I can deal with that.

I'm sorry for your troubles, but hey, if there's an after-life, we'll be happy and functional with our families again, and if there's an after-lifeforce, we'll be reborn and still be a part of our family and those we love. You've mixed excessive alcohol and Xanax before? I just want to confirm that part since I had drank an EXTREME amount when on Xanax 4 years ago, as well as the 6 mg night last October.

I'm sorry for your troubles, but hey, if there's an after-life, we'll be happy and functional with our families again, and if there's an after-lifeforce, we'll be reborn and still be a part of our family and those we love. You've mixed excessive alcohol and Xanax before? I just want to confirm that part since I had drank an EXTREME amount when on Xanax 4 years ago, as well as the 6 mg night last October.

Like I said, Yes. I used Xanax for about 3-4 month period daily. I drank while on xanax, but I used it sober also.
When I was sober, I was using "depot" tablets so that they release the drug more slowly, because xanax is a short-acting benzo, but also normal generic 2mg "bars"

My normal daily dose was probably close to 6-8mg of xanax in either depot or 'bar' form when I was sober. Also during the weekends I used xanax while drinking and can remember that I almost always lost my motor skills and coordination from mixing xanax and alcohol. I would walk somewhere and suddenly my legs would simply stop working and I would lose my balance. I remember downing much bigger doses than 6mg with my alcohol: I would take a bottle of 2mg bars with me and go drinking: the next morning or few days later I had no memories of anything and the bottle was empty, but I'm sure it is a possibility I've used doses high as 20-30mg of xanax in a 24 hour period. I cannot remember anything from those drinking sessions when I was using xanax, completely blank memory of 98% of times
I had continuous supply of Xanor ( Xanax is called Xanor here in Europe ) in different forms

I had huge tolerance for benzos in general and I could not even knock out myself with megalomaniac doses: my legs would stop working and my muscles would get all relaxed but I generally did not lose my consciousness: I can't remember shit of those times, benzos fuck up your memory for good and I was smoking weed regularly back then. But yes I do remember that I recovered and felt my normal self after being off benzos for +18 months

Are you your normal self without memory problems?

I smoked cannabis 9 years straight, strong hash last few years chronically. My short term memory is akin to some alzheimer patients. Nothing to do with xanax, but more about cannabis and mdma abuse. Please don't ask about my condition because every human is different.

For anyone who reads this topic due to their Benzo problems - What I have is Benzo recovery. I am slowly getting better each day but at least I'm functional again. My CNS is still slow which means my concentration, both mentally and physically, are slowed. This will get better over time. What I've been doing to get better is taking Omega 3-6-9, Multivitamins, Magnesium and other pills which the others don't affect my recovery, but hell, they're good for you (D3 and Calcium). I've stopped smoking marijuana as it tends to set me back after the fade is over (It's as if the fade doesn't go away instantly once you're no longer high). Depersonalization and DR are basically gone, again, the only problems are my healing memory and CNS, plus the head sensations and any other physical problems which I honestly don't care about, I just want my mind to 1000000%. Anyways, remember, your brain is hurt, you can't process things, but you, your soul, is still there. You have all your information, you simply can't access them. This healing process is a complete trip, and stay away from all drugs, Marijuana, Alcohol, and Cigarettes included. I say a couple of more weeks until I stop noticing the symptoms and then a couple of more weeks or months until I'm back to normal :) Excercise! I have yet to do this aside from some mirror reflection pushes off of the wall, just so I can check myself out :p My eyes are getting better and when they are back to normal, that's when I'll know I'm near complete :) Remember, your brain is hurt, your mind is hurt, but nothing can hurt your soul. No drugs of any sort, seriously, why even do drugs? Even Marijuana itself is saddening to your parents, you only have a couple of decades with them left. Oh, there's some more ear-ringing, eh. Good luck in your recovery, guys, and thanks for the support!