• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Methods To Cope With Meth Wothdrawal???

ThatSpaceyKid

Bluelighter
HELP!!! Methods To Cope With Meth Withdrawal???

[EDITED. NEW UPDATES COMING Later ON.....] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to quit Meth. Except after 2-3 days I sleep for days at a time, don't eat, get irritated, and worst of all fight with everyone and say shit I don't mean...

The rage is the worst part because it just sneaks up...

How long will this last? Any otc remedies or home remedies? Any tips or advice. I crave the shit and did a lot to get it... Help me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Update#1:]
PS rehab isn't an option. I need to do this all at home. Will caffeine help with this? As well as vitamins and exercise???

Help. I take Abilify and Prozac too for depression. Any real advice that I could use.? I don't really get that high.

No ringing. Thought my SSRI antidepressant caused this. I tweak and sleep like normal except for Withdrawling.

I guess this is tolerance have been using for two months now on and off. I go to work high like that... It helps me get shit done.

I hear my co-workers "Talking shit."."He is high as fuck on Meth." Or "Did you see his eyes."

I hear my name be called. But everyone isn't even staring at me they are all doing their work so none of them are talking shit. I'm hearing this much more often...

I'm seeing shadows kind of. But mostly the auditory hallucinating. I'm scared. It's become reality my worst fears. A Meth head....
[Update #2:]
Prozac is messing me up. I've got heroin withdrawals too... I can't eat. I just wanna cry and sleep. I've lost interest in everything even smoking bud :'(. It's all about Heroin and Meth.

I'm tweaked I couldn't handle the withdrawal I'm weak.. Help. I'm quitting cold turkey again.

Otc meds can carry me through the dope sickness. But the meth withdrawal is to extreme.

I can barely wake up some days to eat.. Or piss showering is a chore I beg for it.... I'm sick to physically... The flu or some kind of Bug.

I spend money everyday for Heroin or Meth... I'm scared. Even my uncle is scared for me.

Dad told me I look like shit and keeps asking if I'm Fucking around.... Need to get off clean helppp.

How to get over meth withdrawal. I'm scared to withdrawl so I use again... Help?? No counseling is available. I'm doing this alone but need help.

Have to remain down low. I blame it all on my Prozac "Thats why fucked up and acting weird because of the antidepressants they messed me up" when it's really I'm addicted to Meth.

Last edited:
Been there. And when I was there, if I remember correctly. I became a bitch on purpose. I wanted to make sure everyone knew that I was in pain. I just wanted to either use or be left alone. Anyway, I am not like that anymore. Now its more suffer in silence. My advice to you is to remember that you don't have to use, and its never to late. Withdrawals will last a while but you don't have to take of out on others. And remember your thoughts are just thoughts. You don't have to act on them. Sometimes they trick you so listen to your heart. And think about what would happen if you used. Good or bad? Don't matter, how will you feel?

So no natural remedies for meth withdrawal... Weed doesn't help.. how long did they last

Aneixty medication helps me a little...not saying buying them off the street but get a prescription. Kind of substituting, but the goal is to get off meth.

Caffeine will not help. Staying active helps.

Does CBD oil work and I'm going to get off my Antidepressant which could be messing me up

Be careful coming off the AD--they should definitely be tapered slowly. <3

To be honest I didn't read the whole post, but I got the gist. I don't know how many days you've been clean (provided you have not relapsed) but I'm familiar with the place you're in. What was your route of administration, if you don't mind me asking?

FYI, I have never tried smack, nor was I taking any Rx medications during my use, just Mother Maria. Psychologically, it's fucking brutal. On a positive note, my withdrawal from shit wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be - strong lapse in my ability to cognitively function (I could perceive everything but understand nothing) and an inevitable psychological carnival of emotions I put myself through due to non-stop binging (I slept when my body just involuntarily zonked out for a few hours). The mental breakdowns were the worst, X would trigger a memory and that memory would 9/10 break the dam, regardless of how much I tried holding it back. Smoking some kind bud works quite well at maintaining the wide spectrum of emotions AND it eliminates any nightmares (indescribably intense) when detoxing. I felt fairly normal after a good week of rest. Personally, I don't think rehab is all that beneficial for stimulants because it's all mental, unless you're having suicidal thoughts or engage in harming others to get "fixed". CNS depressants are another story, go to rehab if you're truly dependent on them.

Also, if there's any positive outlet for your emotions, thoughts, anything you're experiencing, artistic expression or genuine ears willing to try to understand, take advantage of that as much as possible. Just pour it all out while your brain reaches homeostasis again and you'll be 10 miles from home with a smile on your face ready to enjoy Life and Her beautiful wonders.

Feel free to contact me if you want/need to chat for any reason. My email is [email protected], or shoot me a message on here.

Last edited:
My friends that were into meth or still use it said that they would keep very busy so they wouldn't use any of the drug, realized that using meth wouldn't help them and would only make them feel bad and crave the drug more when they came down or were not on it, they would rest, eat right, exercise, drink plenty of water, take vitamins, and for the ones who were really into it they went to rehab/detox/treatment, NA meetings, and saw a therapist. Good luck.

My friends that were into meth or still use it said that they would keep very busy so they wouldn't use any of the drug, realized that using meth wouldn't help them and would only make them feel bad and crave the drug more when they came down or were not on it, they would rest, eat right, exercise, drink plenty of water, take vitamins, and for the ones who were really into it they went to rehab/detox/treatment, NA meetings, and saw a therapist. Good luck.

I might do a 12 step program for the heroin and just deal with the meth

The week or so after taking it isn't the hardest bit really the worst part is the next few months because it effects you physiological you plays with your mind!

But what i found the easiest was that doing other drugs to cope isn't the way because i just replaced one with other.
The way i did it was just cold turkey it.
Went out and bought a heap of supplies and stayed home for a week and half and didn't go out so i wouldn't get tempted to pick up.

- Played xbox walked round the block to keep my self busy.
- drank lots of powered/gatorade to keep replenishing electrolytes.
- Turned my phone off so mates couldn't invite me to go do it.
- i drank protein shakes if i couldn't eat and vitamin tablets.

I found its allot in the mind and the more you think about how bad it is the worse it is just gotta stay positive. This is how i did it so hope can give some help.
Good luck bro

I might do a 12 step program for the heroin and just deal with the meth

See, this is part of the problem here. You can't just do half the work for half the problem and expect the other half to turn out alright. If you are going to go through the trouble of doing the 12 steps (which I think everyone should do, just for their own health) do it for ALL your problems. Not just one. That means while you work on one problem, you'll still be lying to yourself about the others and not being completely honest. That's the whole problem with addiction is that people try to rationalize their drug use. You specifically said you use meth to help with work. While that might be true, I'm pretty sure you use for a whole group of reasons. If you are honestly trying to get clean, then come clean to yourself first. Realize the full extend that these drugs have done to you, make the right changes (if you have to drop all your friends and find new ones that don't want to drag you down, DO IT), put your health first. And that's not physical health. I'm not saying make your own sandwich instead of going to mcdonalds because that wont help. You need to face the reasons why you chose to escape reality, see how they have effected you and really let yourself feel these emotions. If you just block it out and block it out and hope it goes away things will just get worse. So what I'm trying to say is don't half ass it. This is your life. This is also the life of everyone around you and who either needs your help or is helping you. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for them.

See, this is part of the problem here. You can't just do half the work for half the problem and expect the other half to turn out alright. If you are going to go through the trouble of doing the 12 steps (which I think everyone should do, just for their own health) do it for ALL your problems. Not just one. That means while you work on one problem, you'll still be lying to yourself about the others and not being completely honest. That's the whole problem with addiction is that people try to rationalize their drug use. You specifically said you use meth to help with work. While that might be true, I'm pretty sure you use for a whole group of reasons. If you are honestly trying to get clean, then come clean to yourself first. Realize the full extend that these drugs have done to you, make the right changes (if you have to drop all your friends and find new ones that don't want to drag you down, DO IT), put your health first. And that's not physical health. I'm not saying make your own sandwich instead of going to mcdonalds because that wont help. You need to face the reasons why you chose to escape reality, see how they have effected you and really let yourself feel these emotions. If you just block it out and block it out and hope it goes away things will just get worse. So what I'm trying to say is don't half ass it. This is your life. This is also the life of everyone around you and who either needs your help or is helping you. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for them.

Half the problem half the work right? No but that comes later. I can't face being sober right now. It is the worst feeling. I need to get off the dope first because that's the worst one. I need to give it a few weeks to because I'm coming off of antidepressants and don't wanna Fucking myself up. I can give up the heroin... But the meth I don't know. I just... Crave and look forward to the uplifting feeling and the euphoria. It's like the best part of my day. I've been buying dime bags everyday instead of dubs and up everyday. Now I just smoke once. Get my shit done. Go home do shit there. And my favorite part passing out at a decent time 2-3 am. Then waking up at 8:30-9:00 am good times :) I sadly don't hear ringing anymore or faint but it's all good. I stopped grinding my jaw I never do it. Paranoia? I don't get it. Meth makes me calm and collected. I think I'm add. Because when I'm on meth I feel normal I feel right. I might try getting Ritalin or something I know I can't be doing meth but I need a pharmaceutical form of it that's prescribed to me legally you know. The 12 step program is just for show. It's to make my dad and mom fuck off and give me my space. I just gotta do that and pass a drug test.

The twelve step didn't work for me I have seen it do wonders for some people but all in all. You have to want it yourself. You can't do it for other people or probation. It has to be cause you truly want to stop.

Eat well
Sleep well
Exercise
Friends & family
Commit & persist, no short-cuts, no turning back

Best of luck!

My recovery came disguised as a wicked break up. I thought I would stay with mom a few days and it would all work out. I ended up getting sober. I slept a lot. Barely ate. For two weeks I was miserable beyond description. After I hit a point where I felt I could no longer sleep 18+ hours a day I started swimming laps in the morning. Eating a small breakfast. Doing things that used to make me happy such as drawing, small walks, spending time with animals. I had forgotten what it was like to truly enjoy anything sober. So I went back to my roots. It felt useless in the beginning but I stuck with it. For days. Then months. Started to go out and actually be able to say more than two words at a time. Was careful not to drink too much because that made my cravings so much stronger. Basically you need to give yourself time to heal. And above all, you must want to heal. You must be willing to go through the pain, to remember the things about your past life and past self that you would rather forget.

Its day 2 without them and I'm going flipping insane. Idk though the cbd oil helps with the anxiety.

What one where you taking ? some produce much worse discontinuation symptoms ( or withdrawals as us normal folk like to call them) than others, theer is even quite a variation in the same classses with one SSRI not , in general being as bad as another, half lifes have a bearing.

I've been on a number of ADs but Venlafaxine was by far the worst to come off and I did taper as best I could, I certainly would not be trying to do that whilst dealing with another issue like ceasing meth.

There seems very little medical treatments for people addicted to stimulants, I've spoken to numerous doctors and drug workers abut my amphetamine use in the past and have never been offered any kind of medication.

From experience and what others have told me, rest, good food, exercise will all help and time is the greatest healer, the aftermath of extensive regular use can seem like you have damaged yourself beyond repair so the urge to use becomes stronger, once your over the peak any you start to feel better the advantages of not using will start to become more obvious.

If you want off of the train you need to hang in there <3

Having little to no stress is crucial during recovery. Yet, it sounds like you have your mom and dad bothering you, PLUS you picked a bad time to stop anti-depressants. It has always helped me if I knew WHAT was causing WHAT during withdrawals. But, it's been awhile now. Hope you are still alright. Update us. Don't be discouraged if you didn't make it to 100% clean... we've all been there. It helps to at least have tried once, pass or fail, so you have an idea of what you are dealing with.

Having little to no stress is crucial during recovery. Yet, it sounds like you have your mom and dad bothering you, PLUS you picked a bad time to stop anti-depressants. It has always helped me if I knew WHAT was causing WHAT during withdrawals. But, it's been awhile now. Hope you are still alright. Update us. Don't be discouraged if you didn't make it to 100% clean... we've all been there. It helps to at least have tried once, pass or fail, so you have an idea of what you are dealing with.

They are. They make me want to keep using honestly because they bring it up every five fucking minutes.... My fucking dad is a dick when I'm really high he can talk shit out of me hence using heroin, meth, and shooting up.... That's how they found out... After a year almost of using everyday. Pretty much if I don't comply to a hair test I go to Rehab.... I'm 60% clean... I cut out the Heroin, and Antidepressants finding success with Seroquel. I still smoke weed always will. I am still stuck on Crystal Methamphetamine though :(... I crave the rush...

That's really interesting that you find meth WD's to be worse than H WD's. Im currently having issues with IV meth and I have been using daily and now im scared to come down because I get so depressed, I have huge mood swings, I cry continually and everything seems so much worse than it actually is. I had my last shot this morning and im a bit worried about tomorrow. I don't want to get on and I don't think im going to get on because my body is starting to give me signs that it needs a break or im b=going to break my body or mind.

I use vitamins(600mg of fish oil, vitamin D, Magnesium & Berocca) and food with lots of healthy stuff in it. Im sure it helps with the depression & anxiety. I also take Natures Own herbal anxiety pills which are actually working, I also take benzo's but im not sure I want to recommend that as benzos and meth are best friends and its so easy to end up with a poly-drug addiction. Seroquel is also another one that helps with the intense sadness and depression, it kind of makes you feel nothing but nothing is better than feeling like you could nearly suicide. Im on methadone so I don't have to put up with H WD's anymore. For me H WD's feel heaps worse but the compulsion to use meth is much stronger than H.

P.S Oh yeh I forgot, my parole officer decided she wants to sent me to rehab to get off methadone, benzos and methamphetamine. So maybe its worth a try? I certainly don't want to go but it might actually help(and ive been to rehab 5 times!)