• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Brain zaps more than a week later

nightElf

Bluelighter
Hi guys! I have a question, I took a bit of MDMA Crystals (tested, marquis was black) diluted in water on Friday 13th March. It was a very small amount, I'd say we took around 100mg shared with my boyfriend. I did feel the effects, for around 2 hours. I came back home, was able to sleep perfectly fine, was a bit down, but nothing too serious.

Yesterday (24th Mar) I had troubles sleeping. I did not feel sleepy, even when I wen to bed around 1:30. I tried to sleep, and a shock woke me up, like a zap. It caused me to "jump", that woke me up, and it was like this for a good amount of time. I took 2 drops of Clonazepan, and then I took a Melatonin capsule around 3, and after that I was able to sleep until 8, when they started again, and I didn't want to stay in bed.

Is it possible that after more than 10 days, I get the zaps from that? Or it could be something else? I have a very bad cold right now. I had troubles with zaps before, but I was doing great (sleeping well, not jumping, etc). I am not, or never were, under any anti-depresants of any kind.
I am taking Vit B, folic acid and Fish oil, and eating very healtly. I do not smoke, either (weed or cigarettes).

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally normal, and will pass. Ive gotten them once for a very short period and never happened again after that. Time cures. Its scary, but youll be fine.

Totally normal, and will pass. Ive gotten them once for a very short period and never happened again after that. Time cures. Its scary, but youll be fine.

Thanks! But is it "expected" to get zaps after 10 days of the use? I thought it was common with the first days (I had them before), not after 10 days...

I had a period when I was younger I rolled way to often, and too hard it culminated new years eve. I ingested around 1,5g of fire crystal. Had brain zapps for 14days afterwards.
Its around 10years back. I have only chipped maybe 4times since. Every god damn time I get brain zapps for 14days.

Yea, you'll be fine. Time is healing. Maybe you time with MDMA has run out. Mine has for sure.

How often do you ingest MDMA?

I had a period when I was younger I rolled way to often, and too hard it culminated new years eve. I ingested around 1,5g of fire crystal. Had brain zapps for 14days afterwards.
Its around 10years back. I have only chipped maybe 4times since. Every god damn time I get brain zapps for 14days.

Yea, you'll be fine. Time is healing. Maybe you time with MDMA has run out. Mine has for sure.

1.5g's .....yea... I'm sure you don't test your drugs.

I used to do it one per month, very little doses. Then I got scared, got zaps and twitches, and stopped for 6 months.

But my question remains: is it common that you don't have any problems 10 days after taking, and the problems appear later? I thought the problems were always close to the date that you ingested the substance (IE, 1 or 2 days later, let's say).

I would say it is odd for an otherwise healthy individual to experience residual effects approximately 2 weeks after taking mdma. Although it may not be common what you are experiencing doesn't seem alarming. Unfortunately there is no way to prove it is related to taking mdma or not, at least none that I can think of. I would think the best thing is monitoring them as they may just stop. If not maybe try 5-http, that might help some, but nothing sounds worrying to me.

Sometimes weird things happen and then go away, such is life :)

Here's an update: I've been taking benzos (1 or 2 drops of Rivotril per day, depending on how I feel), and I also took Lyrica 25mg and a Melatonin capsule to help me sleep, for 2 days. With that, I was able to sleep much better. Now I'm only taking a drop before sleeping, and the melatonin. I'll expect to stop with rivotril in 2-3 days, and see how it goes. Honestly, I'm not sure if this was related to the little amount of MD that I had (it was 100mg shared), and so many days later, but I'm planing to stay away from it from a long time. Please listen to your body!

Yea think what you want.
He's right though, there's no way you ingested 1.5g of pure MDMA, you would be in the hospital. Could be that you test your drugs, but that only confirms the presence of MDxx, not purity of the sample

He's right though, there's no way you ingested 1.5g of pure MDMA, you would be in the hospital. Could be that you test your drugs, but that only confirms the presence of MDxx, not purity of the sample

Just to confirm this point I stupidly did 300mg of tested molly, extremely pure, and I almost went to the hospital. If I was anywhere other then my g/fs house I would have by my own choosing because I was in extremely bad shape like dehydration hazard shape. I think if I did 400mg I would have had to go, with or without my consent.

Thanks! But is it "expected" to get zaps after 10 days of the use? I thought it was common with the first days (I had them before), not after 10 days...

Yes, that is normal. I got them almost months after a roll. Very strange. But its normal. Dont let it worry you.

Yes, that is normal. I got them almost months after a roll. Very strange. But its normal. Dont let it worry you.

Wow, I never heard of that! So you're fine like a month, but you start with the brain zaps 30 days after you took the drug?
Do you get them all the time (IE, when you are working, studying, etc), or only when you are trying to sleep?
Do you take anything to reduce them?
Thanks in advance! :)

Hi nightelf, it's normal. I got them for years intermittently, after taking one gram (by mistake).

It's all written here : http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...hes-1-month-after-really-strong-MDMA-crystals

It depends also on your mood, and on many other factors, they might come back and then disappear, until when they fade completely.

What i can suggest you though, is to avoid rivotril and all the chemical shit that might give you even more serious troubles in the long run. Better stay strong now even if you cannot sleeep sometimes but then you will be fine, guaranteed. As long as you don't do it again of course.

If you cannot sleep just get up, watch some tv or read a book to get distracted, have some camomilla tea, you will feel sleepy sooner or later.

You just need time to heal. Healthy lifestyle helps, and sport too.

Let me know if you want some more advice.

cheers :)

Hi nightelf, it's normal. I got them for years intermittently, after taking one gram (by mistake).

It's all written here : http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...hes-1-month-after-really-strong-MDMA-crystals

It depends also on your mood, and on many other factors, they might come back and then disappear, until when they fade completely.

What i can suggest you though, is to avoid rivotril and all the chemical shit that might give you even more serious troubles in the long run. Better stay strong now even if you cannot sleeep sometimes but then you will be fine, guaranteed. As long as you don't do it again of course.

If you cannot sleep just get up, watch some tv or read a book to get distracted, have some camomilla tea, you will feel sleepy sooner or later.

You just need time to heal. Healthy lifestyle helps, and sport too.

Let me know if you want some more advice.

cheers :)

Thank you very much! This really helped me, sounds a lot like the things I am/was experiencing :)

I notice that the thread is old (2011). Did you take MD or any other drug, again? Even in small amounts?

I noticed that Hypericus helps a lot with the ticks as well! Did you tried it when you had your symptoms?

Again, thanks for your help!

are you sure that it wasn't just a simple hypnic jerk?

they can feel similar to brain zaps (but different and usually also involve muscle movement) and are perfectly normal.

are you sure that it wasn't just a simple hypnic jerk?

they can feel similar to brain zaps (but different and usually also involve muscle movement) and are perfectly normal.

No, I can very easily distinguish between a brain zap and a jerk, unfortunately.
1 - Brain zaps: annoying, like electricity, won't let me sleep, they (are usually) triggered when I want to sleep. Right between when I'm awake and I'm sleep, which wakes me up (obviously)
2 - Hypnic jerk: I'm still having these. They are split between "violent" and "small": the violent ones are the ones that I get on the bed usually (or when I am relaxed), in which I "jump". It's like a group of muscles, like you get scared, and you "jump", actually move in the bed or the chair, as if someone poked you with a needle. The small ones, I still get them everyday, all the time, they are annoying when I use the computer. Is like small "mini jumps", but I do not "jump" with them (only my hand, or fingers, move, not the entire body). The mouse in the computer still detects the movement, which is annoying.

ah, ok. i thought it was worth a try just in case you didn't already know about them :)

The small ones, I still get them everyday, all the time, they are annoying when I use the computer. Is like small "mini jumps", but I do not "jump" with them (only my hand, or fingers, move, not the entire body). The mouse in the computer still detects the movement, which is annoying.

have you talked to a doctor about this at some point in time? as far as i know a hypnic jerk is only supposed to happen when you are in the process of falling asleep.

have you talked to a doctor about this at some point in time? as far as i know a hypnic jerk is only supposed to happen when you are in the process of falling asleep.

My neurologist told me they are Myoculus. Since there's nothing "wrong" with me per se, they should go away in time, I should NOT pay attention to them, since they intensify if I get worried or think about them too much (anxiety, probably), and she gave me the Rivotril to fight them, if they become to annoying. But I don't want to get addicted to it, so I rather not pay attention, and drink herbal teas, that sometimes work :)

This is interesting, from the wikipedia article
Some studies have shown that doses of 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) leads to improvement in patients with some types of action myoclonus and PME.[citation needed] These differences in the effect of 5-HTP on patients with myoclonus have not yet been explained.

Wow, I never heard of that! So you're fine like a month, but you start with the brain zaps 30 days after you took the drug?
Do you get them all the time (IE, when you are working, studying, etc), or only when you are trying to sleep?
Do you take anything to reduce them?
Thanks in advance! :)

Just when about to fall asleep. Weirdest sensation ive ever experienced, and understandably scary.