• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Your Favourite Quotes and Sayings - MKII

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”

“MDMA, it was beginning to be apparent, could be all things to all people.”

This was left quoted at the back of a sketch book containing the last drawings a dear friend produced and was read at her funeral last weeek :-

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

“It just takes one to stop the dance, to change the steps and start a new dance. But if both change and learn the new steps and practice those steps, together, a new dance is created. Sometimes one or both will go back to the old one – that’s normal – it’s what is most comfortable; it’s what they’ve practiced for years. But a new dance is possible. It may be together; it may be solo, but it is possible. It takes learning the new steps, and it takes a lot of practice.” ~ Lisa Frederiksen

MC7VLQQ.jpg

We are born at a given moment, in a given place and, like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season of which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything more.

Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, something is out of tune.

I cannot love anyone if I hate myself. That is the reason why we feel so extremely uncomfortable in the presence of people who are noted for their special virtuousness, for they radiate an atmosphere of the torture they inflict on themselves. That is not a virtue but a vice.

“The mind is a universe and can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."

“Wherever you are, however you got there, if it's good, you're meant to be there either because you earned it or life led you there and you were smart enough to hold on."

Ná codail oíche amháin i dteach a bhfuil seanfhear pósta ag bean óg rua.

I managed to translate it..Irish, right?

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”

In het verleden behaalde resultaten bieden geen garantie voor de toekomst.
Which is Dutch for: "Results achieved in the past offer no guarantee for the future."
I love it, because many people assume, for example, that they're capable of drinking and driving or texting and driving, just because it never went wrong. Those people are idiots and this saying has a really strong vibe to it, in my opinion.

"There must be something rotten in the very core of a social system which increases its wealth without diminishing its misery."
-
Karl Marx: London, 1851

SORRY, THIS POST ^^^ WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN RESPONSE TO THE MAIN THREAD POST-I'M A NEW MEMBER!

For me personally, I love the lines in Hamlet that include

"To die, to sleep. To sleep, perchance to dream- ay- there's the rub; For in this Sleep of Death what Dreams may come."

Last edited:
“To be happy and beloved have a tender heart, blissful thoughts, and a non-judgmental mind.”

“Of course we need to accept ourselves as we are, but we can't stop there. We also need to value ourselves enough make needed changes.”

the inability to submit to chaos is another motivation, it's safer to be in a world orchestrated by some malevolent higher being than admit to oneself that no one is in control and we're all spinning through space on a swirling rock of chaos.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

Agus 'sí do mhaimeó í, 'sí do mhaimeó í
'Sí do mhaimeó í cailleach an airgid.
'Sí do mhaimeo í as tóin Iorrais Mhóir í,
D'íosfadh sí feoil on Friday and Saturday.