• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS The Suicide Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am concerned this won't stop. Men in these situations regret, cry, make promises and even behave for a while but domestic violence is usually very repetitive. It happens over and over again unless he's treated accordingly and is in constant vigilance, this is unfortunately something difficult to 'repair'. And when the wife or gf wants to leave, they simply don't accept. There's more obsession than love and that's dangerous, reason why you have to keep options to live available.

Sometimes we hear a lot of family, friends and people who relate to your situation telling you to live and don't look back considering what has already happened but I know sometimes this is not even an option. You should not want to live your lufe like that or hope that he'll change. That is difficult to happen and if you can't live now - work your way towards that option afterall you need to be able to live in peace, safe and loved.

kattmomma, is there any way you would consider going to a shelter? No one has the right to terrorize you in your own home. I know you know that but probably have so many complications to deal with when it comes to getting out of there (pets, your stuff, financial entanglements) that it seems impossible but it you can get away, you should. Your life is worth more than this. No one should have to want to die because they are afraid of a domestic partner, husband or boyfriend. Is there any way you can get him out instead of you leaving? I am really worried for you.

@Erikmen & herby...thanks for responding pretty quick he finally passed out last night so was able to get some sleep myself...I know I need to get away but I'm kinda trapped til the 1st when I get my check .n there are my dogs at home that I have to go feed n water..we are staying at a friends house have no power or water on there there is no shelter here that I know of.
But I do know that he broke this relationship last nite ...he had quit drinking about 3 yrs ago after he gave me a huge black eye n I left for a couple days. I told him then he can either have me or drink his choice...I am going to see if I can stay w a friend til get paid...I will have to figure out a way to get another car...been buying a car together so won't have any help oh well ...maybe I can figure out stuff..gotta do something. I don't have enough of anything to die yet but I might just do it I can get enough on check day n do one massive shot with nobody around to call 911 to OD.
Well at least somebody does care..
Later km13

Somebody in the south of the US drive there and reduce the harm in person. @kattmomma13 please write your exact address to someone (herbavore?) via PM, who then forwards the address data to someone with a car in the south of USA and I transfer the gasoline costs as paypal gift, if this person is a frequent and trusted poster.

@ziiirp thanks so much for offer of gas money thru PayPal but I am going to talk to a couple of friends to see if maybe I can stay there until the first...I will be ok somehow ...I just know that this relationship is irretrievably broken now.I have just been thru too much to go thru it again...and all I can do is get out of it...the only thing we have together is a car that we have both been paying for..so I will get my name off the loan n get my tag off of it...then he can do whatever he wants...

@ moreaux. No we don't have kids together just a car...
@cFzrx...it was my ex husband. That's why he's ex ..I was laying on couch n he wanted me to listen to his shit so pushed my arms around behind my back n it snapped t-8 ....walked around like that for a couple weeks before I found out it was broke...that was in 2006..
Later...
Km13

katt, if you PM me which state and county you are in I can help you find resources.

@Moreaux...no I don't have kids with him..ya know this crap is really bugging me ...we have been through a lot of shit together over the last five years he had quit drinking after he gave me a black eye 3 yrs ago n I told him he could either drink or keep me ..so he did quit but my friend has a husband likes to drink too n they have steadily made it an everyday thing which beer don't make him that damn mean ...
Anyway he is in the sorry stage now n we had a long talk last nite n he said he won't drink liquor any more....we will see...I told him I just ain't gonna keep doing this shit...I'm not gonna live in fear again, or have to be scared if somebody drinks ...it's been all my life of violence n I'm 47 now just not able to do it...but I am gonna give him one chance I can't just flip a switch n quit loving him....
@All of y'all who have stepped up n just been there for me to talk to about problems I'm having in my life...offers of gas money ....I have had very few friends that would even be there for me in these situations...
So I'm not suicidal atm.
Like I said I will wait before I break away ...if it continues I will find a way...thanks again erikmen,herby, Moreaux, Closeau, Ziiirp.....

Hi, I'm brand new to this thread....relatively new to BL.
To kattmomma... ive been where you're at in a way.... my ex wasn't an alcoholic, but was a heroin addict (as was I) and the emotional abuse still effects me almost 7 years later. I wish I had known about resources when I was in that situation, but I was also very sick myself. I was a shell of a human being and I still don't know what came over me to not go back to that apartment after I got out of detox... but I left...and he'd already moved on (I found this out a few months later) and I was free from him. But, that's when I began to learn that it was me who was holding me prisoner....no one else. In the midst of what you're experiencing, the only thing we can think of is to survive. We focus on the good times to survive... but it also keeps us stuck. The cycle of chaos took years for me to break...and now sober, with a family and a man so good I question why he loves me so much, the chaos still tries to wiggle it's way in. The idea that I'm somehow unworthy of a good life messes with me a lot, but Im beginning to learn that, that is just life. I truly hope that you can find the strength to fight for yourself. I know I'm just words in a public forum to you...but your life matters to me, because all life is precious. All life is a miracle, and the suffering you're experiencing can become the strength that will drive your pursuit of happiness. It's never to late.
Thank you for posting what you're going through on here.... I think I needed to read it.... we humans can get so caught up in ourselves that we can't see the truth. The truth to me is that were all in this world together and your sadness is my sadness.... Im rambling...but I think what I'm trying to say is, you're not alone....and you won't be alone when you decide to take your life back. Don't check out on us.... you might miss the miracle waiting for you on the other side of this.
Be good to yourselves

That was very refreshing Pizzled. Welcome to Bluelight and thanks for sharing your experience!
How are you today kattmomma?

@Moreaux...no I don't have kids with him..ya know this crap is really bugging me ...we have been through a lot of shit together over the last five years he had quit drinking after he gave me a black eye 3 yrs ago n I told him he could either drink or keep me ..so he did quit but my friend has a husband likes to drink too n they have steadily made it an everyday thing which beer don't make him that damn mean ...
Anyway he is in the sorry stage now n we had a long talk last nite n he said he won't drink liquor any more....we will see...I told him I just ain't gonna keep doing this shit...I'm not gonna live in fear again, or have to be scared if somebody drinks ...it's been all my life of violence n I'm 47 now just not able to do it...but I am gonna give him one chance I can't just flip a switch n quit loving him....
@All of y'all who have stepped up n just been there for me to talk to about problems I'm having in my life...offers of gas money ....I have had very few friends that would even be there for me in these situations...
So I'm not suicidal atm.
Like I said I will wait before I break away ...if it continues I will find a way...thanks again erikmen,herby, Moreaux, Closeau, Ziiirp.....

If you are in acute trouble, don't hesitate to PM for the gas. (take in mind, that it will take ~2 days for you until you receive the money on your bank account after getting it transfered to your paypal account) If shit hits the fan, I would still prefer, that another reliable southern USA-based bluelighter was involved, because your situation seems too much to handle for just one person to deal with. Reading stories like that makes me understand why people loose the faith in god/in the good spirit.

Kattmomma, I have been thinking about your posts since you made them, as I needed time to consider what I really wanted to say outside of the obvious.

I have never stuck around with someone who has hit me, though I did stay in emotionally toxic relationships because they were good enablers. The single most important thing I have learned about relationships through this maddening journey of addiction and now recovery, is that we exist in pain, we use to lessen then pain, and we want somebody who will nuture our soul.

We are not going to find that while actively using because healthy well adjusted people don't want to be with unhealthy people. Time and time again I thought I found somebody great, who understood me and would protect me, while being tolerant of my addiction. In reality what I found was a fellow addict, another troubled soul, who may or may not have more pain than me or be in worse mental health.

When we meet potential love interests we want to be the best we can be to attract and keep them. As we grow more familiar it gets harder to keep up the ideal image and our true selves begin to show. When we are addicts, we reveal ourselves much quicker. While we as addicts can relate to other addicts, we are in no way able to take care of them, we struggle to maintain ourselves. Getting romantically involved with someone just as unhealthy, or unhealthier than ourselves is destine to fail, and the fallout can be nuclear as we have so quickly trusted them with the care of our soul and our vulnerabilities.

The ensuing hurt is devestating and only adds to the pain we already carry. Odds are that the next person we become involved with is going to be even unhealthier as we have grown unhealthier in trying to reconcile the pain from the last relationship. Like addiction, it's a vicious cycle.

In my late twenties I could no longer tolerate getting romantically hurt so I stopped dating. I had male friends that would enable me but kept them at arms length. I had one that almost killed me in a violent angry rage because he wanted more than I could give, and he was sicker than I was. He broke into my home and dragged me out of my bed one night. He threw me around my living room smashing me into my furniture breaking all but my sofa and love seat. He had me pinned to the floor strangling me, yelling in my face, spitting as he yelled, so much so that I could no longer see as it puddles in my eyes.

I laid there thinking this is not how I want to die - I don't want my parents to find me like this. I didn't want to be murdered by my addiction, as if I weren't addicted I never would have spent time with this guy. He choked me so hard I had star bursts in my eyes, and with the last strength I had I was able to wedge my leg in between us and push him off me. I jumped through my glass window as I didn't have the time to try to unlock all the bolts on the door. I tried to yell for help and had no voice (it took to weeks for me to be able to make any sound). I ran to my neighbors house, bloody, in my underwear and he let me in and called the police. As I sat there in my neighbor's house dripping blood half naked, scared and lonely, I saw myself in the mirror.

I realized this was going to be my life until I got healthy. I was always so envious of people in stable relationships and wanted what they had, never understanding I was never going to have that until I got mentally healthy. The addiction played a part, but it was my mental health keeping the good guys from spending time with me.

Healthy people aren't up at two in the morning on work nights, they're not spending their evenings in bars, or taking off work to go to court every month. I realized I had to fix me before thinking about a relationship. I had to save myself from myself, no one else was going to do that.

It seemed like an impossible task because I didn't know what was wrong with me. I knew I was an addict, but there was so much more, but that was the first thing I worked on because it was the only thing I could pinpoint at the time. I struggled for years to get sober, outpatient, group, intensive outpatient, inpatient...twice. During those years I worked on getting clean the puzzle was slowly fitting together and I discovered my issues.

It was then I was able to make the pieces fit - I got in a better mental state then I got sober. I continued, and still do, to work on my mental health. Ironically, I met my husband after I had my first sober year. We did normal things - went to the beach, went for walks, watched movies, and were in bed by 11. There was no drama, no wake up calls at two because we were both healthy. We've been happily married for almost four years now.

I wasn't looking for a relationship when we met. Something just clicked, and I enjoyed spending time with him. I never wanted to get married because all my previous relationships were filled with so much pain and resentments, a certificate would make it harder to run away from. However, when he proposed I said yes and I am so glad I did. I have grown so much as a person by being around him. I never knew what normal was, or healthy until I met him. We're together and yet I am strong enough to have my own identity. I didn't need him, I wasn't looking for him, and yet he compliments my life beautifully.

I didn't intend to write this much, take from it what you can. You need to give yourself time to heal and rebuild your identity. A relationship should be a compliment to your life, not a necessity or a burden. You should be able to reflect on most of the time you spend together and smile, not just a small fraction while trying to forget other events. A relationship should not drain you or make you feel powerless. You are a strong woman kattmomma - your posts have already shown that. Take that strength to the next level and spend time focusing on you.

tl:dr - in Oder to have a healthy relationship you yourself has to be healthy. Healthy people simply do not want relationship with unhealthy people, and if you are unhealthy and someone is constantly perusing you be very wary. People are great actors, you may be in for a level of crazy you can't really conceive.

Tough times Moreaux. I'm glad you took a good care of yourself and had your life saved. Only 'God' knows how much work that takes and how patient we have to be with ourselves when we get back repeating the same errors or feel vulnerable at times - even when you are being healthy.

I wondering how Katt is right now. She has not posted for a while and I'm concerned if she has succeeded in getting away.
Please let us know how you are Katt!!

Much love.
E.

@erikmen & moreaux...I'm ok still stuck with no money to go anywhere..have pain Dr appt monday I don't have the $25.00 to go to..don't know how I can get anywhere atm...I have been waiting to get in another one since the one I was going to got shut down n now this shit had to happen in the last few days...so ended up taking the tramadol I had coz I was hurtin so bad from everything that happened..now out and don't know what to do...will be. sick as hell tomorrow in wd..just don't know..thought things would be better when that happened..but now I don't even know how I'll get to go....
Moreaux..I understand what u said about addiction..wish I didn't need pain meds to even move with the damn rods in my back..wish I could have surgery but I just have Medicaid that won't pay for nothing like that....
I'm gonna get off here n try my damndest to come up with a few dollars

Thank you for letting us know how you feel. As you can see Katt, you have a lot of people trying to help you. Some are willing to pay for your gas when it comes to that. I'm sorry you have to rely on painkillers to keep it going. Trust me, I know the feeling. Talk to you doctor and be honest with him. See if there's any way you could come off of your current meds. That itself would already make you quite independent despite of the process of quitting - I think it's an option you could consider, if that's possible.

Are you safe now?

@Erikmen...
I reckon I'm "safe" atm...
I do appreciate everything y'all said to me..
Although I don't really feel like I would have any quality if life without pain meds..
I did scrape up enough gas to go to Dr but that kinda got fucked up they did ekg on me coz I had heart surgery last yr n it showed something that the pain Dr said I needed to go to my pc n a heart dr YESTERDAY which I couldn't do as just walk in to see either so now I gotta hurry up n wait some more...well hell if I drop dead from it then I wouldn't be thinking about suicide then would I..
Again thanks everyone for the support and offers of help...
I Will check in with y'all to let y'all know I'm ok...
Kattmomma13

I'm a new member but I've been lurking for close to a year. I'm not an avid poster but I'll attempt to get it out.
I'm 45, I've been suffering from DDD, bone spurs, nerve damage in my neck and arms. I started off with surgery and mild pain killers in 2007. I functioned quite well until I got pregnant at 39 which totally made my DDD worse. In 2012 my family and I moved. I had no health insurance and really no way to keep on top of my health. I did find a pain clinic in my area I could afford and did fine. In 2014 I became very depressed that I was not functioning well anymore, didn't mention I am bipolar as well. I was becoming unable to care for my daughter so we put her in preschool. I wasn't able to do as much housecleaning anymore. My house had ALWAYS been immaculate! All this added strain on my marriage. My hub was a " suck it up and deal" guy. We fought and he threatened to take my daughter and leave, this drove me to attempt suicide. I ate 100 hydro's and 60 benzos no lie! That was 3/15/14. I was pretty sure I'd never wake up so "using" all my pain meds were no biggie right? Wrong! I went to the ER three days later after my husband found out what I did! They put me in a pysch unit and I had cold turkey wd's of opiods and benzos! HELL on earth! I determined not to ever allow myself to get "there" again. Fact is, I am almost there again! It scares me but its also freeing in a way, no more worries, no more pain, no more persecuting thoughts and no more insomnia! I just need someone who gets these problems and these feelings! I love my daughter and leaving her is the worst thought but I feel like I'm destroying her childhood being non-functioing. I take very low dose pain meds 10 mg Oxy IR 3x's a day and Oxy ER 2x's a day. I can't get a benzos by Dr. to save my life. I feel hopeless and helpless.
Edit- some things I forgot to mention; I was born blind in one eye, this led me to feeling imperfect Even as a young child I remember trying to make my actions perfect which led to OCD. I was cruelly bullied as a child which led to social anxiety issues. I was not raised my mother who was a drug addict or my father who just couldn't be bothered to care, this led to major abandonment issues. I got divorced from my first husband in my mid 20's which reignited my abandonment troubles and was at that time I was diagnosed with OCD, anxiety and bipolar disorder. I went to counseling and that helped a while. I was in a DEEP agonizing depression for years and couldn't raise my oldest daughter which made me only loathe myself knowing how I had been abandoned as a child. I worked off and on until my DDD issues started in 2007. I eventually tried to file for SSDI to get help with medical insurance and therapy but was denied. In April of this year I had Takosubo Syndrome which is a rare condition where stress hormones overload in the bloodstream and cause a heart attack! I recovered physically but all this has led me to self loathing again. My body and fate seem to collaborate against me. I have often said no animal would be allowed to live like this. My life has less worth than a horse with a broken leg. They allow them to be put out of their misery. Just saying.

Last edited:
I made a thread some days ago here but few people read it.
I will make it short, I am 30, have been an addict to mostly pills for the last 8 years, and in some weeks I'm gonna lose the only thing I have left, the apartment (because I have no job and have been unable to pay the rent).
Some members of my family tell me to do this, do that, etc; and I say "ohh ok, right, yes" to them, but honestly I don't give a shit anymore. The day I have to leave this place, the same my dad lived in for 10 years until he died at 57 years old, I'm gonna go to the top of the building and jump. I have been there already, almost jumped once, and know from where to jump.
That's it, I made it very short, maybe like this someone will read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.