Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jmoore52 thanks for posting, glad to see many sucessful stories lately, you mean you had no delusion before Invega? Pretty odd...

I went into a drug induced psychosis, but I have no mental illness I assure you. I was hearing auditory hallucinations and had delusions. But I am completely sane at this point, just got trapped inside my own head and believed in something that wasnt true. This medication is known to cause relapse, and for how long Ive been on it I know its done some damage. I just have to make it over the hump and I will be fine, things can get a little messy when your brain is having to completely reconnect and rewire itself after all the damage.

For how many injections Ive had theres no guarantee I will be able to smoke weed or get drunk again, maybe though not enough time has passed, although Im doing better than I have been in my entire life now so I dont need drugs.
But to everyone out there, everything will return to normal, emotions, thinking, enjoying tv and music, all the normal things people not on this drug get to enjoy. When I look back at the hell I endured, it was all worth it, you really appreciate life after overcoming this unbelievable nightmare.

can someone tell me if ill ever be the same person agan... its been 3 months so far and people claim im gonna have a spiritual awakening i just dont see that happening at 6-8 months

can someone tell me if ill ever be the same person agan... its been 3 months so far and people claim im gonna have a spiritual awakening i just dont see that happening at 6-8 months

I felt the same way you're feeling now.. You are not stuck. You will get better. I felt a huge difference in my 6th month.

i feel you but i took 1 156mg injection so at 6 months i should be fully healed?

They say it takes 5 to 6 half lives for the medicine to be out of your system. They give a "range" of 25-49 days per half life but that's just a "range". I call it random numbers because it could be 52, 66, 73 days per half life. I would assume you should get threw this fairly quickly but I really have no idea.. I bet u will feel better around 7-9 months. Hang in there.

@beesinthetrap: losing it, psychotic breaks, psychosis, snapping... these are all natural to go through while healing. almost everyone has been through it. good way to get put back on the injection too. slow your pace and distract yourself. yell into a pillow, beat up a tree in the middle of nowhere, do whatever you got to do to accept what is happening and get it over with so you can get past it. feel free to PM me with whatever your going through, i can not respond to it if you like and all PM's to me are confidential. i feel the receptors healing right now, a slight change in elevated thinking, behavior and emotions. i'm so fu**ing close i can taste it. i just have to stumble some more. losing it a long time ago and not being ok with it would've not let me get to this point.
by november i will be 7 months off, maybe recovered wdy think? how long has it been for you

@beesinthetrap
I took pills for awhile and had over 24 injections, 12 being 117mg. Trust me you will be perfectly fine. 6-8 months youll feel much better, by time a year hits you should be completely back to normal. Its taken me a year and 4 months to get to the point where if I watch a super good anime I will tear up and cry of joy and also sadness, but I was on the injection for over 2 years, your recovery wont be nearly as bad as mine. I know its pure hell, but trust me just take it one day at a time, time will pass, and youll be able to live again. Stay strong.

By a year at the latest you should be fully recovered. By 7 months you should be feeling good enough that waiting isnt a big deal. Its a process, but by 4 months, every month after that youll notice improvement.

do you think smoking weed will feel good at 7 months

I'm at 8 1/2 months on the shot. I was just able to get a little high the other day. I don't know about alcohol. I don't really drink. Once every blue moon. When I think alcohol, I think about the spins. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.