• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Venting The Vent/Rant Thread Vs. You Silly KnuckleHeads Can Go Fly a Kite!!

A woodchuck has infiltrated the vegetable garden! Bastard! It ate red cabbage and cucumbers and peas! Fie!

@Erikmen, thank you for the good words and sentiment!

Out here in CA we don't have woodchucks, we have pocket gophers and they can eat the roots of established trees. This is the worst year I have ever seen--Everything that has not been planted in wire cages in the ground or above ground in pots has been eaten and I'm worried about my trees!

Oh noes! Pocket gophers sound most nefarious!!! Fie! We are having a severe flea beetle infestation but the garden is organic, so we cannot just spray. We utilize crop rotation but all of our brassicas, tatsoi, Chinese cabbage - nearly demolished. *sighs in defeat. Is there anything that you can do for your trees to prevent the pocket gopher from making a home and eating their roots, herbavore? I have a special relationship with trees - I fell in love with a catalpa once. I'll be sending you and your trees good juju.

I've gone through more nights of WD than anyone should ever have to. I'm hoping to finally switch over to sub and to just stick with it this time, but I have to wait until I'm really WDing before I take it. I've gone into precipitated WDs twice, only had it happen twice in 11 years time, but it was enough to freak me out to where I never want it again. So even though I may be WDing pretty noticeably at 12 hours, I don't feel comfortable taking it (unless I already have some in my system) until at least 18 hours, but 20 hours is more preferred.

That's actually pretty normal standard part of my life, I'm not even really complaining about that. It's the screwed up life that I've apparently been choosing to live with. What I am venting about right now is I've found a way to make this even more interesting.

You know what's worse than going through WDs? Going through them with a sinus infection.

You know what's worse than going through WDs with a sinus infection? Going through them with broken ribs.

FYI, as I didn't know this, you can't really lay flat with broken ribs, you sort of have to sleep propped up/sitting up. It also hurts if you breathe in deeply and cough/sneeze/laugh. I don't have to worry much about the latter lately. I'm so consumed with misery that I don't find much humorous these days. The miserable feeling feels like a disease inside me. I need to make a change. I'm approaching a breaking point here

***If I'm an unfamiliar poster to you then when I say WDs I mean withdrawals from IV heroin.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about all the WD you've gone through. I had also had my share when I was coming off 'dones. We get weak and our immune system tends to go 'south'. It was an endless process, and later when I was sort recovered physically all I had left was a immense feeling of lethargy. It all passes eventually. I wish you good luck Carl, I hope you can achieve your goals!

Got a damn concussion the other day pretty bad. Don't remember a thing I was fucked on cheap beer and temazepam. But really the head blow fucked my memory. Its been like 3 days I still can't think straight. My mom said I should go to the doc but what good is that gonna do I already hit my head!

^ I think you'll be fine. Give it a break, sleep well for few days and see what happens. There are some tests you can do to determine if you have a real problem with memory, I suppose the doctor could do that so you feel better.

^ so true, thank you!

I will read/watch Amityville ;)

Amityville 2 is the best one - if you're having family issues; like a fine Tempranillo i would recommend with goats cheese and olives - it soothes the heart. ;)
Obviously, am making light of something that is a serious burden for you mate - emotionally (been in similar situations <3) there's method in my madness and there's sense in the solution.

Seriously, the second one - better than therapy. :|

It's looks very interesting. You have a very gentle way to talk to people. You seem to be a real nice person Asclepius! <3

mine as well contribute get on the same fucking guys. this is just today i got more. lady waiting to catch kid down huge waterslide i stopped it as soon as i saw it and the lady goes "the other lifeguard said its okay". ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? i had to go to the bitchy (not boss more on her later 8() supervisor ij front of a few guards and let her know immediately i didnt say who, im not rat but i have been working there for about 3 weeks the one that let it go has been working there for almost a year.

yes i forget where shit is sometimes and ask when my fucking adderall is wearing off or deciding not to effect me when i hate that im on it to begin with but they cant know that. this is the best job ever and i almost lost it because i had just cleaned up shit literally and was still on rotation so i forgot to lock bathroom door. a patron opened door then when i came out he was saying shit like "you cant have that thing flying around" he told them i was doing drugs which is fucking bullshit im pretty sure i would tell you guys if i was and my friends.

wow that felt good

Last edited:
Phone marketing can be so annoying sometimes that at the end you just don't answer the phone any more, unless you know who is calling. It's a pity we don't have spam for calls, and not for real mail. This morning I've spent more than 2 hours on the phone so that I could block and cancel a card I have never asked for, from a bank who shouldn't have my data.

I can't simply trash or cut the card as there are yearly fees, penalties if I don't cancel. And sometimes you will pay only to avoid the headache later. This is happening all the time.

Something about free services or services that you automatically received, granted for free up to 90 days. You can have the world for free for up to 90 days but you must remember to cancel if you don't want to be charged later. However, I learned that it's 'impossible' to discontinue or cancel. Not by phone, not by internet, or registered mail and it's not someplace that I could simply drive there or email them a complain. :\

I wanna slit my dad's goddamn throat today but I won't because that would be illegal.

^Wise.
It's better to use hemlock, in a beverage. ;)

Fuck the antagonizer's.
Seriously, fuck those people - im so sick of them and use to them at this stage; when I breathe, it is in the key of 'fuck you cunts'. Seriously; it's actually difficult to turn it off, at this stage.

I'm so tired of not being able to be myself. What will I say to my kids when they grow up. It's nearly impossible not to be judged, despite of the generous life I have made to all of those who relied on me.

It's not good when you have a past because it could obviously give people the benefit of doubt, regardless of how well you are doing. It's a mark you carry where nobody can see. And it's for life. There's nothing I can do about it.

I'm good at a lot of things, including being a father, worker and provider but I get the feeling that people will always judge me for what I have done at some point.

my grandma died a week ago.
no one told me. i saw it snooping on fb.

dont think ill get to say goodbye.

I'm sorry about your grandma. My grandparents were very special in my life, probably the most special relatives I've had.
I more thankful to them, not to my parents. When she died I cried like a kid.
Remarkable relationships can give you a role model, wisdom. I could be myself with my grandparents, and that's a real nice thing.

I get so sick of this shit. I respect you, trust you, and I love you. These mental gymnastics really push me to the limit sometimes. Maybe relationships aren't for me, or perhaps maybe not this one. I'm holding onto it because I'm afraid I won't be able to find something better. I know if it fell through between us I would never want to go out and find someone else. Most of the time I just feel like I'm making all the wrong decisions.

I can relate to your posts in so many levels. I am too in a very similar situation, and what keeps me moving on is simply my disbelief that I would be better off just with myself. It's extraordinary simple but at the same time so complicated. Afterall it does not affect only myself but a lot of people who depend on me. But even if that was taken off of the equation I would still choose to stay. That is frustrating to say the least.

Yes it is frustrating erikmen. It seems we're both in situations that are hard to just pick up and leave. When it's just myself my emotional well-being plummets usually.

sometimes i feel like a nice person that sometimes is an asshole
but sometimes i feel like an asshole that tries to pretend that I'm nice