• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine Megathread v1

I've used both as well, concurrently and alternating. I'd have to agree with pinpoint, each one is slightly different, so switching from one to the other will leave something feeling lacking. Sorry that's so vague, it's hard to describe.

I didn't notice any desire to increase doses when switching back and forth. I got low on kratom a couple weeks back and didn't feel like ordering more, so I just stopped taking any, didn't notice any kind of withdrawal. I've been taking other things too though, so my experience is probably not so useful...

I switched from kratom to the tianeptine for a week straight with no other substances at doses of ~300-500mg/day. I just wanted to see if it could be done - which I can say that it can be. When I switched to kratom I was able to resume like normal, really, I only noticed some feelings that reminded me that 'something wasn't there'. I hit a brick wall with kratom though (at least plain leaf) where doses above a certain amount - usually an ounce/day - will only create side effects.

I can imagine that you only have very sparse data to go on - there aren't many tianeptine users and even fewer that also use kratom, I would think.

You are right man there are some things missing with tianeptine such as the stimulation . To me sometimes I liked the stimulation kratom gave , and the the mellow opiate effect I got later form kratom . The stimulation just is not as good as a real stimulate though . Its similar to a caffeine buzz which most of the time I hate . It would be different if caffeine actually gave euphoria but it does not . I use meth when I need a pick me up stim to get task done or if its a day I really need to focus on something . When I want to go down though I want to go down a straight downer is what I want no stimulate / downer mix. I know most people think though you can not use meth responsibly ,but I think otherwise . I never use meth everyday its just not addicting to me IDK why though . I was prescribed years and years ago through 14-17 years old Desoxyn ,and as you know its pure pharmaceutical meth . I never abused it or never took it like I was supposed to .

I am glad you like your kratom. I am the complete opposite as in kratom is good for WD ,but not maintenance . Tianeptine on the other hand does not have such a short half life in the 400+mg range I find its half life about 6 hours then . I like pure pharmaceuticals like Oxy,hydro,Numb 4 Heroin and Tianeptine I get now . I just read a 4 page PDF on Tianeptine last night with a scientist in England . He says all of Tianeptine effects are downstream effects of activating the MU receptor and opiate delta receptor . Tianeptine has no affinity for any other receptors , and what people are doing is effectively micro dosing a opiate with 12.5mg . He says you would have the same antidepressant effect by micro dosing any opiate . Kratom is not a good option if you have to take 20 plus caps of the stuff , and then wait a hour for effects then normally you have to go through a crappy feeling just to get to the nice warm opiate effect . Anyways I ran into a old friend last night that hooked me up with some very very clean Numb 4 heroin pure white . I have been snorting this now for a day , and am loving it . There truly is no opiate better then heroin . Nothing comes close . I snorted myself into what I call a coma last night . Pure bliss . At a $150 a gram I will not bee doing this long. I will see what Tianeptine can do when I decide to come off heroin .

I'm almost postive tianeptine's half life is much shorter than that of kratom's. I don't have any sources to dig up but speaking from personal experience as with tianeptine I experience withdrawal related G.I. distress ~3.5 hours after dosing causing me to be constantly running to the bathroom. When working long shifts I have to prepare three doses compared to kratom I dose once at work regardless of how long the shift is. There was a good six months where I could dose before work and push through 8-16 hours.Now that I have x10 responsibility it is rare to not dose due to stress.

《Plasticity》;12969896 said:
So I guess now that your back on kratom once again I'll well... ask again. Still not noticing much tolerance increase? How much tianeptine were you using per day and for how long, and how much has your kratom dose changed since if at all?

I've noticed very little change regarding my kratom doses. My tianeptine doses were aways 150-160 every 4 hours to avoid sickness(200mgs/2mgs etz at night to nod out)Not quite sure how long but I have switched back twice with in the last couple months. I prefer kratom but for a pound of the good cheap bali I use you can get 25 grams (that's ~90 doses of kratom/167 doses of the ladder). I always make my first dose of a new lb 6 grams which blows 30/50mgs of hydro/oxy out of the water everytime. Oh and to answer your question this morning's dose was as strong as ever. I'm diggin the new name btw, just now noticed lol

Last edited:
^ Thanks, for both the info and username compliment :). Was getting tired of being the kratom guy lol.

I switched from kratom to the tianeptine for a week straight with no other substances at doses of ~300-500mg/day. I just wanted to see if it could be done - which I can say that it can be. When I switched to kratom I was able to resume like normal, really, I only noticed some feelings that reminded me that 'something wasn't there'. I hit a brick wall with kratom though (at least plain leaf) where doses above a certain amount - usually an ounce/day - will only create side effects.

I can imagine that you only have very sparse data to go on - there aren't many tianeptine users and even fewer that also use kratom, I would think.
I'm not too worried about finding individual experiences pertaining to kratom in particular (though I I'll take all the anecdote I can get), I'm just trying to figure out what's the deal with all these posts like the one's below. I don't wanna use this stuff to kick if it's gonna be doing more harm than good. With a little digging you'll find that these types of posts aren't uncommon. I mean if tianeptine's recreational effects are mainly a result of mu agonism, then I see no reason why this perma tolerance wouldn't apply to other opioids?

NSFW:
Advice: don't abuse tianeptine for a recreational effect. Once you start building tolerance, it sticks with you.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/719020-Tianeptine-megathread
It seems like tolerance is sorta permanent with this stuff.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/738705-Tianeptine-discovered-to-be-MOR-agonist/page2
Thus, so far my anecdotal experience says tianeptine tolerance is nearly permanent.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/2izlg5/tianpetine_question/

Last edited:
I'm almost postive tianeptine's half life is much shorter than that of kratom's. I don't have any sources to dig up but speaking from personal experience as with tianeptine I experience withdrawal related G.I. distress ~3.5 hours after dosing causing me to be constantly running to the bathroom. When working long shifts I have to prepare three doses compared to kratom I dose once at work regardless of how long the shift is. There was a good six months where I could dose before work and push through 8-16 hours.Now that I have x10 responsibility it is rare to not dose due to stress.

I've noticed very little change regarding my kratom doses. My tianeptine doses were aways 150-160 every 4 hours to avoid sickness(200mgs/2mgs etz at night to nod out)Not quite sure how long but I have switched back twice with in the last couple months. I prefer kratom but for a pound of the good cheap bali I use you can get 25 grams (that's ~90 doses of kratom/167 doses of the ladder). I always make my first dose of a new lb 6 grams which blows 30/50mgs of hydro/oxy out of the water everytime. Oh and to answer your question this morning's dose was as strong as ever. I'm diggin the new name btw, just now noticed lol

Yeah in lower doses the half life sucks bad but in higher doses <400mg I find the half life near 6 hours . BTW I find it funny when folks can get a good buzz from 6 grams of kratom . My wife would nod like hell on 6 Grams , but me I get a mild buzz on 20 grams of kratom about = to 15mg oxy or 25mg hydro . With 450mg tianeptine I nod on par with <90mg Oxycodone . The last time I took kratom I took 28 Grams of the last of my 1 kilo of red bali to get a buzz a little close to 1 of my 30mg roxie aka Oxycodone A 215 pills that are stronger then the M 30s or V 48 12s I get sometimes which are other generics for the 30mg Oxycodone pills .

《Plasticity》;12970423 said:
I'm not too worried about finding individual experiences pertaining to kratom in particular (though I I'll take all the anecdote I can get), I'm just trying to figure out what's the deal with all these posts like the one's below. I don't wanna use this stuff to kick if it's gonna be doing more harm than good. With a little digging you'll find that these types of posts aren't uncommon. I mean if tianeptine's recreational effects are mainly a result of mu agonism, then I see no reason why this perma tolerance wouldn't apply to other opioids?

Yeah man that is funny I have read all of these to . This is not the case for me though .

Yeah in lower doses the half life sucks bad but in higher doses <400mg I find the half life near 6 hours . BTW I find it funny when folks can get a good buzz from 6 grams of kratom . My wife would nod like hell on 6 Grams , but me I get a mild buzz on 20 grams of kratom about = to 15mg oxy or 25mg hydro . With 450mg tianeptine I nod on par with <90mg Oxycodone . The last time I took kratom I took 28 Grams of the last of my 1 kilo of red bali to get a buzz a little close to 1 of my 30mg roxie aka Oxycodone A 215 pills that are stronger then the M 30s or V 48 12s I get sometimes which are other generics for the 30mg Oxycodone pills .

20 grams is insane to me. The first time I took kratom was 3 days into w/d from being on high dose suboxone(insufflated) for well over a year. I didn't have a scale around so I took to heaping spoon fulls, (15 grams?) Puked, and passed the fuck out. I would take 5gs of my go to bali over 2 30mg roxi ir's no question. Have you tried any other vendors by chance?

20 grams is insane to me. The first time I took kratom was 3 days into w/d from being on high dose suboxone(insufflated) for well over a year. I didn't have a scale around so I took to heaping spoon fulls, (15 grams?) Puked, and passed the fuck out. I would take 5gs of my go to bali over 2 30mg roxi ir's no question. Have you tried any other vendors by chance?

I went to to kratom from 5-6 baggies of smack man. So I expected a lot. I have been around to 16 different vendors , and none came close to my last vendors quality . I know because I test it on my wife . I am not good at testing kratom to see if its good due to tolerance . I do know my last batch was apparently good because my wife nods like hell on 6 Grams . I find it funny anyone would choose kratom over Oxycodone . lol 5gs can come close to 2 roxies . I have had some hell of good uei to before that came to be pretty good , but not as good as 2 roxies . This is one of those cases to where everyones different. I love my opiates I used heroin for years with up to 6 baggies a day . I have had methadone ,fentanyl , hydromorphone, hydrocodone, oxymorphone, oxycodone, morphine , codeine , many rc opiate a few analogs of fentanyl , mt-45, ah7921, w-15 and now tianeptine so I consider myself a pro with opiates , and if I go without for more then 8 hours I get so sick I have to go to the ER . In the last 17 years I have had no more then a 1 day break from any one opiate . So I think I would no what a opiate should feel like .

Kratom is on par with codeine I will admit that , but thats not good enough for me . tianeptine is on par with oral morphine , but not iv or snorted morphine I will admit that ,but If I take enough tianeptine I can always get to a place I want to be. This is not so true with kratom ;because I can only takes so many of the caps . I bought 1 kilo ever month for a while of kratom, and the quality was never consistent , and its not possible for it to be ;because every plant will have different levels of the alkaloids in it . This is almost the same for poppy pods , but at least the alkaloids in there are a good bit better then what kratom can offer . I know everyone if different ,and I do respect that, but I often wonder if some of the people that take kratom even remember what A real opiate feels like.

BTW I just want to put this out there I went through 4 baggies of Numb 4 heroin yesterday , and I can confirm that 450mg of tianeptine has completely took place of it with no problem . I will continue to use the 50 Grams I have of tianeptine for the rest of the month . I may get some more of that heroin again next month though . It was some very clean heroin the best I have had in 8 years . Was just as clean as tianeptine I have . I know some may say its not real heroin ;because there is no number 4 heroin in the USA anymore ,but lets just say I have seen the process of the black tar heroin being cleaned , and converted to number 4. Thats why it was so much for a gram . It was being cut with vitamin b2 , but not mine my buddy hooked me up .

That's a bold statement right there. Do you actually find that 5gs to feel stronger than 60mgs of oxy or do you just prefer the kratom high?

^yeah I should have mention that the duration is what makes me prefer kratom. I should also mention that it's just the instant release Roxi's that I have a problem with. Honestly, I would take 60mg of the old school purdues or even 6 10mg percocets over 90mgs of the I.R. 3 30s produces a great buzz that seems to vanish after a few hours while the other formulations keep me noddin out for the better part of an afternoon. Oh, and to answer your actual question, 5 grams of the bali I use feels closer 50mgs of hydro/oxy more enjoyable imo. In fact it has taken me a good half or so to post this while tring to fight off constant nods

Last edited:
So I stayed away from dope & all other opioids stronger than kratom for the past few weeks and I just picked up tianeptine again. It's much, much stronger than it was thanks to my lower tolerance. I'm super itchy and super constipated with positive effects indistinguishable from real opioids. Plus no withdrawal from not using kratom the past few days when I made the switch. I'm surprised this thread hasn't picked up more steam, but perhaps it's for the best.

i got that feeling a couple times. like i had been lying on grass without a shirt on, on my back abt 20 mins after taking it, goes away pretty quick for me tho

lots of peoples anectodal experiences say that megadosing tianeptine, that there is missing something from an opiate high.

does anyone know exactly what is missing from high dose tia? is it the bliss?

If I had to say I'd go with the sedated bliss, that everything is awwwwwright type of feeling. Everything else is still there and don't get me wrong, there is euphoria, just a different type.

I tried it a while back i remember saying it on bl that it was an opioid and people were laughing :) it is a nice chem although short lasting. For me redosing prolonged the high very much no one else feel that way? but I always used it IV and high dose's.

i got that feeling a couple times. like i had been lying on grass without a shirt on, on my back abt 20 mins after taking it, goes away pretty quick for me tho

lots of peoples anectodal experiences say that megadosing tianeptine, that there is missing something from an opiate high.

does anyone know exactly what is missing from high dose tia? is it the bliss?

Its missing Nothing at all for me man ,but everyone is different . Feels just like any other opiate . I am up to 500mg 3 times a day now , and I am not going to raise it any higher . I can not get a nod at all from it anymore. Sure I could if I go higher but I don't want to .

I tried it a while back i remember saying it on bl that it was an opioid and people were laughing :) it is a nice chem although short lasting. For me redosing prolonged the high very much no one else feel that way? but I always used it IV and high dose's.

When I first got to the 500mg dose I could nod out on par to my friend right next to me shooting 300mg . I took it in a cap by mouth though ,and it took a bit longer to come up then my buddy by needle .

I know some people my say this is tmi ,but since I do not plan on taking anymore then 500mg by mouth , and the only thing 500mg dose will do to me is keep me from withdrawing now I have moved to the rectal route , and 250mg the rectal route is on par with 500mg by mouth , and I can now slowly move my dose up taking it this way , and staying under 500mg to catch a nod. The next rout if I want to stay under 500mg is the needle ,and I am not gonna do that . I know one thing though this stuff since starting it has given me some of the worse heartburn I have ever had in my life. It has made me the most lazy person in the world to where all I do is set around all day waiting on it to wear off so I can take my next dose before getting sick. As with Oxycodone I still usually had a good amount of energy . Don't get me wrong though I can still talk someones ears off , and anyone can tell I am on something with my pin point eyes . My Eyes have stayed pin pointed for over 2 weeks now with me upping my dose every couple days . Tianeptine is closer to morphine by mouth then anything is what I found out . Morphine makes me a lazy person , and tired , and sleepy all the time where as Oxycodone gives me some energy . On the plus side with tianeptine is that it makes me numb as hell to where I would not even no I got shot . Dead serious I gaged my ears form a 10 Gage to a 00 Gage in 1 day, and didn't even feel a thing .

Once I reach 500mg by the rectal route I will go a couple days without to lower my tolerance back down a bit . With a addictive personalty like mine tianeptine causes very compulsive redoing in the 300+mg range .

Yes sir if I take 400mg , and then a couple hours later take 200mg more I can still feel it 8+ hours later .

Does tianeptine cause a stomach-gnawing pain for anyone else? Real opiates don't even bother my gut this bad. Even at doses of 12-15 mgs it's noticeable. Don't know how people tolerate megadoses...

It sometimes gives me a headache too. :\