• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine Megathread v1

It's definitely not a worthy opiod replacement because of the intense WD and annoying half life. It's funny cause before i was taking 30+ grams of kratom everyday for almost 2 years and at first i thought those were withdrawals were bad but after a 5 month Tianeptine binge those didnt even come close to this. Hell I wish i could go back and kicked the kratom CT 10 times over cause i know even though it would be a bit sucky i would be OK, with Tianeptine no one really knows and CT of a 4+ gram habit could be possibly even dangerous. Pharmaceutical opiates don't help with withdrawal as much which is strange and shows Tianeptine has a different mechanism in action rather than only the MU receptor, it's suppose it be a SSRE anti depressant but i really never bought that as i figured it never poorly researched after discovering its MOR, but honestly who knows what Tianeptine really is doing

At first too I would compare to something like oxy at 200MG+ doses. The half life really is something else man. Its frustrating knowing I can't get a full nights sleep without having to redose or I'll wake up in a severe WD now. I've just discussed with a former T dependent and his advice for me was to do small doses more frequently with my taper, like say I do 600mg every three hours, instead do 180mg every hour, then start taking off from that. I'm going try doing this tomorrow and see how it works out.

That is how I tapered... By first stabilizing on smaller doses more frequently then slowly reducing those doses. I was originally taking large doses every 5-6 hours. I stabilized on smaller doses every 3 hours and starting tapering. Every 3 hours was good for me.

Dosing every hour is too frequent in my opinion but it may work for you. Your gonna be annoyed when your body wakes you up every hour at night for a redose. I guess you could dose small doses every hour during the day and somewhat larger doses every three hours while sleeping or something.

Or maybe you could play with the timing a bit. Instead of every hour you could try every 1.5 hours or every 2 hours or something.

You can make pretty big drops in dosage in the beginning and suffer very little. You'll get more sensitive to each drop the lower you go though.

Good luck.

Does buprenorphine block the MOR effects of tianeptine? Would a person dependent on tianeptine be puts into PWDs from taking bupe too soon?

I haven't taken tianeptine for around 3 weeks or so, but I ended up back on heroin, which is what I used tianeptine to get off of originally. For those of you doing high doses (1gram plus) be wary... I went back to heroin after nursing a ~1-2g daily habit of tianeptine and jumped right back into $80 of IV dope a day no problem. Whatever cross tolerance there is, it is nasty. Tianeptine really skyrocketed my heroin tolerance after a few months of use. I abused it, sure, but I'd rather be taking the powder than injecting shit.

I'm guessing I'll be back on the tianeptine soon, lesser of two evils.

Is anyone on subutex or suboxone familiar with tianeptine?? I have used tianeptine orally and iv, but I imagine the opioid effects would be blocked by the bupe. However tramadol apparently is not blocked by bupe and I would value tianeptine far more than tramadol.

Ordered some more of this to be delivered tomorrow. Apparently prices skyrocketed due to some restrictions put on the manufacturers in China.

Yeah prices have been steadily increasing for awhile, but your right, there has been a recent spike.

I've said it before but I'll repeat myself. Too anyone currently addicted to tianeptine: you should seriously consider starting to taper down. I suspect the rug will be pulled out from under us suddenly; in other words I believe tianeptine will suddenly become extremely difficult to obtain whether due to changes in law, availability of precursors, whatever.

Withdrawals from high doses are absolute hell and I've found past 1-2g a day that substitution with something like Kratom doesn't work so well (for me anyways, ymmv).

So it's a good idea to start planning a way out. Who knows, tianeptine may be readily available for years to come or it could disappear tomorrow.

Best to be prepared. Try to taper low enough so that you can easily jump to a substitute like Kratom if the need arises. Might also be prudent to always keep enough tianeptine on hand for a taper if the supply suddenly vanishes (though some people shouldn't keep large supplies on hand due to self control issues)

I was up to around 2g daily earlier in the year and it took me going back to dope to actually get past the tianeptine withdrawal. It's such a head fuck - it is like a FEW of opiate withdrawal symptoms, but cranked up to unreal levels. I was sweating so much and my sweat smelled really strange. It actually disintegrated the shirt I was wearing during the week I was kicking it. I went to take it off one day and it just fell apart from being soaked in sweat.

Good times, bad times. Same as anything else.

Shame this stuff is so expensive nowadays. I did that amount that I ordered last week after several months off, and I was blitzed. Dosed around ~150mg the first time and it was comparable to oxy or a high hydrocodone dose. Stuff is no joke.

Yeah 150mg with no tolerance is a decent dose.

Stuff is getting expensive isn't it? I hear the price may go up even more in the next month or so.

Used to cost me ~<snip> for 10 grams, now its <snip> for 1 gram, so the price has roughly tripled. It's a shame I can't subsist on this indefinitely like last year, but that WD was no joke.

Sorry Nether A. but price discussion is not allowed per the BLUA

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive mentioned before that I'm slowly tapering from very high doses. Was using 3+ grams a day of Tianeptine sodium at one point.

Got down to around 300-500mg a day of the Tianeptine Free acid awhile back but then my taper stalled.

Found a good deal on Tianeptine sodium around Thanksgiving. I shouldn't have bought the stuff because I find the sodium stuff harder to control. By Christmas I was back up to using 1.2g a day.

Started tapering again with Free acid version and now I'm down to 500mg a day. Hope to back to 300mg a day in a month or so. Then on down to zero.

Has anyone quit tianeptine after using it daily in high doses long term? I'm wondering how bad the depression and Tianeptine specific PAWS will be after I quit.

I'm not so worried about the post acute opioid withdrawal specific related stuff. I'm well experienced with quitting long term opioid use. I'm more concerned with tianeptines effect as a TCA. I suspect there will be lingering depression and anxiety for quite awhile after stopping use for such a long time (3 years now... Holy shit time flies).

Anyone have any first hand experience quitting a long term tianeptine habit? I'm trying to prepare myself in hopes of minimizing relapse. May consider pharmaceutical antidepressants if things get really bad.

I kicked a several-gram a day habit around nine months ago. I had been using it daily for around 7-8 months. It wasn't pleasant, and I had trouble finding anything to combat the withdrawal symptoms. Megadosing gabepentin didn't do much, and even morphine injections in the hospital weren't doing much more than giving me ~15 minutes of relief every 3 hours. I was actually still so sick by that point, I walked out of the hospital to go score heroin, which finally brought me back. In hindsight, that was an insanely stupid decision but I really was still that sick from it. I ended up having to go back to heroin to get off of it, which ironically is what I used the tianeptine for originally. But like any other new habit, the first couple of months on tianeptine were amazing. Never been so productive and had a sense of well-being before.

I kicked a several-gram a day habit around nine months ago. I had been using it daily for around 7-8 months. It wasn't pleasant, and I had trouble finding anything to combat the withdrawal symptoms. Megadosing gabepentin didn't do much, and even morphine injections in the hospital weren't doing much more than giving me ~15 minutes of relief every 3 hours. I was actually still so sick by that point, I walked out of the hospital to go score heroin, which finally brought me back. In hindsight, that was an insanely stupid decision but I really was still that sick from it. I ended up having to go back to heroin to get off of it, which ironically is what I used the tianeptine for originally. But like any other new habit, the first couple of months on tianeptine were amazing. Never been so productive and had a sense of well-being before.

Seems like mostly your talking about acute withdrawals. I'm very familiar with Tianeptine withdrawals... They really suck.

I'm mostly asking about how things are after withdrawals are over, I suspect that Tianeptine might be able to cause long term PAWS similar but different from opioids because of it's TCA like action. I assume depression and anxiety? Worse than regular opioid PAWS (hopefully not though). Hope I'm making sense...

You are, but I didn't notice anything long-term. Let me state that these "acute" symptoms I'm describing were actually up to two weeks after cessation.

That's not good. Crap. Since Tianeptine seems to wear off quickly I always assumed acute withdrawals would be mostly over in 3-4 days. 6 at the most.

:/

Hopefully by tapering as low as possible I can make things bearable. At 3+ grams withdrawals were frighteningly intense when they kicked in. Worse then I remember all other opioid withdrawals being in intensity (I've withdrawal separately from codeine, hydrocodone, morphine, oxycodone, buprenorphine, tramadol, Poppy pods and probably a few others). Could never make it past a few hours once they set in fully from such high doses.

When at about 400mg I tried going for a couple days without. Was much much more bearable but it still sucked ass... Wouldn't want to have to deal with it for more than a few days... And definitely not for two weeks.

Hopefully getting it down to like 100-200mg a day and it'll be a relative breeze. Though regardless of how low I get I still think I'm going to suffer a long period of depression since I've been on it so long...

Ive mentioned before that I'm slowly tapering from very high doses. Was using 3+ grams a day of Tianeptine sodium at one point.

Got down to around 300-500mg a day of the Tianeptine Free acid awhile back but then my taper stalled.

Found a good deal on Tianeptine sodium around Thanksgiving. I shouldn't have bought the stuff because I find the sodium stuff harder to control. By Christmas I was back up to using 1.2g a day.

Started tapering again with Free acid version and now I'm down to 500mg a day. Hope to back to 300mg a day in a month or so. Then on down to zero.

Has anyone quit tianeptine after using it daily in high doses long term? I'm wondering how bad the depression and Tianeptine specific PAWS will be after I quit.

I'm not so worried about the post acute opioid withdrawal specific related stuff. I'm well experienced with quitting long term opioid use. I'm more concerned with tianeptines effect as a TCA. I suspect there will be lingering depression and anxiety for quite awhile after stopping use for such a long time (3 years now... Holy shit time flies).

Anyone have any first hand experience quitting a long term tianeptine habit? I'm trying to prepare myself in hopes of minimizing relapse. May consider pharmaceutical antidepressants if things get really bad.

Hey man, you helped me on here a while back ago. I finally quit around october, at my height I was using 7-10 grams of sodium a day and dosing every hour just to feel ok, this shit kinda reminded me of fent for that. The WD's from those doses are far worse though. I got down to about a gram of sodium and a gram of sulfate in the morning before I quit. But i dropped off so fast I'm not sure if it helped at all. I couldn't put it in words how bad the WD's were, oh my god. As far as the PAWS, I wanted to stay off all opiods when i quit, but the PAWS got to me bad and i got back on kratom, I was extremely hypersensitive the first couple months and I didn't sleep for a month easy, even with kratom. I had bad depression and would feel anxious at times, but I dealed with that my whole life so I could never tell if its opiate related or not. It sucks, but its definitely possible. I look back now and quitting Tia was the best i could of done for myself. I actually found almost 5 grams of sodium in my moving garage a little more then a month ago, went through it in 4 days to find i was still having tolerance issues 3 months later, crazy. So i havent thought about it sense, its just not what i want anymore

edit: check up and let me know how you're doing cause i would like to know, hope all is well

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply youniverse.

Im doing ok. Glad to hear back from you. Are you still using Kratom daily? I've been thinking of switching to Kratom for awhile too.

Still using ~400mg a day of Tianeptine free acid right now. My taper always seems to stall around this point, it's just damn hard for me to get any lower than 300-400mg a day. Might have to just jump but I'm always so damn busy with work that the time never feels right...

300-400mg would of been a huge accomplishment for me. I would try jumping and see how you feel. I know what you mean about work though, quitting almost cost me my job. I would think at your doses kratom should still work well for you, at least enough to help you quit or switch. I'm been taking kratom almost everyday since, i work five days a week and on my off days ill usually drop my dose big time to help control tolerance a bit. I use that and kava now and it helps tremendous from keeping me off strong opiods, stimulants, phenibut/etizolam which i all had a bad problem with. I would really suggest trying to jump though, i might just say that because ive always been horrible at tapering but i think at the dose your at you can easily switch to kratom to help you manage. Kratom might not seem like its doing much at first but overtime I promise you once you get in that PAWS area kratom will make you not even think about Tia, I was surprised how much it killed my cravings.

I know from previous experience that I can switch to Kratom no problem at least at the low Tianeptine dose I'm at now. Hopefully I'll find it easier to taper down with kratom... I've got lots of Tianeptine on hand though so I might as well taper even lower with it, at least for the time being.

When I was using high doses of tianeptine I found that Kratom was essentially useless. At 3g of Tianeptine a day I couldn't feel Kratom and it did a horrible job as a substitute when I tried to switch suddenly. But once I tapered to less than a gram a day I noticed Kratom started to be much more effective. Then once I got to about 500mg a day I noticed Kratom worked very well.

Guess high dose Tianeptine just wrecks tolerance. I think I remember reading earlier up in thread where a guy said even heroin didn't hold him so well when he tried to switch to that from high dose Tianeptine. Crazy huh.