• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 3

Look at it this way: we never heard of AL-LAD on the blackmarket before it made it onto the clearnet right?

You never read TIHKAL? And you honestly think no one would synth new or obscure drugs if they were all legal? I think that's just absurd, man. There would be plenty of demand and plenty of money to be made. People aren't buying these drugs just because they're legal. A lot of people like exploring new compounds.

Doldrugs: Shulgin definitely wasn't producing AL-LAD for the blackmarket. AL-LAD has been discovered since a long time ago, since the 70s or something, but you never ever would find it on the blackmarket (as in, available for purchase through clandestine channels), because there was no incentive for an underground lab to make it on a scale where it can reach the masses, so normal drug users just didn't have access to it. AL-LAD was not on the map for 99.9% of us until a year or two ago.

Fast forward a few decades from the time AL-LAD was first produced in a research lab in Japan (apparently), to the UK in 2012 (or whenever it was) where virtually every tryptamine and phenethylamine has been banned, and suddenly there's an incentive for a lab to produce AL-LAD, and market it to the masses. And as a result this beautiful thing happened where suddenly anyone, almost anywhere on this planet, could trade a few bucks for an experience with this magical chemical.

I'm not saying the bans are good, just saying there's a silver lining to all this. The bans drive exploration by the market. If it weren't for the last round of bans in the UK we wouldn't be enjoying AL-LAD right now. I look forward to what the country with the cutting edge of the drug bans produces next.

Last edited:
Ehh people are always jumpy around bans. Who cares if the UK has banned it? The UK bans everything and we still have 99.9% of their banned chemicals anyway. IMO besides the newer AL-LAD vendors, most UK vendors are trash selling gross pellets and other stupid shit anyone with half a brain would care about....

I didn't say Shulgin produced it for the black market. But people definitely heard of it because of him. And if drugs were legal, I'm willing to bet the drug he called "one of the best materials ever" would have made it to market.

I don't think so - AL-LAD has been "known" and legal most places for at least 30 years, but it didn't show up until 2012. I think that the reason it showed up is because there was market for it, and the reason there was market for it was because a whole bunch of stuff was taken off the market from bans.

People love to blame the presence of NBOMes on the bans, I'm saying that by the same token we actually have some pretty good stuff too.

I think you're right that bans played a part in getting it out there, but I think legalization would have done the same. Nbomes didn't have a high profile positive review behind them. I think you're vastly underrating the market for novel compounds. 4-aco-dmt and 6-apb are legal most places and have been around forever. Why have any other additional compounds been made? Why aren't people just using the same chemicals?

I think you're right that bans played a part in getting it out there, but I think legalization would have done the same. Nbomes didn't have a high profile positive review behind them. I think you're vastly underrating the market for novel compounds. 4-aco-dmt and 6-apb are legal most places and have been around forever. Why have any other additional compounds been made? Why aren't people just using the same chemicals?
Kinda a nonsensical question! We're psychonauts, we explore different states. Who would want to explore a pool of three or so compounds?!?!

Neither of those are UK legal. UK legal suppliers are just selling benzos, ethylphenidate, bk-2c-b & completely worthless shit now. There's a 'new improved' replacement for 5-meo-dalt on the way apparently. Novel compounds are produced for the UK market to replace what has been banned here.

I think if LSD was legal we might never have seen AL-LAD, since it's made from LSD, has a low yield & is less potent, it's much more expensive to produce than LSD. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have LSD than AL-LAD & I wouldn't touch an nbome with your tongue.

Is 'spice' a big thing in US states that have legalised recreational marijuana? Who would smoke head shop blends that taste of perfume & make you foam at the mouth if they had a good selection of cheap legal weed?

Last edited:
I doubt it. Like I said were psychonauts and enjoy different realms of conciouness. Why would things be different if it were legal? When these chems were legal it's not like the only one available was LSD. Off the top of my head there was psilocybin, DOM, PCP, and etc.

Also even if MJ were legal id still smoke synth noids just like my explanation above there all different flavors. Though I don't partake in that spice garbage and never really have and IMO was a bad thing to attempt to compare and contrast.

A lot of compounds are never seen on the black market after they have been banned, because most people think they're not worth producing/selling/buying compared to drugs that were already illegal. There are a few exceptions. I don't see any dealers offering jwh-018 in the uk for example, despite it being the best synthetic, might as well just get some good weed. There are obviously a few drug nerds that get a kick out of trying novel substances, but most RCs are never going to be mass market.

I expect the rest of the last batch of al-lad has been sent to europe to be sold because it didn't sell out & there weren't heavy discounts on it, but I doubt there will be much more after that.

Last edited:
While 018 is grandness and is an old favorite I'd still take some of the newer series over it. Granted a combination of the two like some AB-FUBINACA and 018 would be godly....

Synthetic cannabinoids are all uniformly awful, so comparing them to AL-LAD doesn't make any sense. AL-LAD is a unique chemical with benefits over acid: shorter duration, more visuals, clearer headspace. It's not better than acid, but it's good and it's different enough to warrant use. The fact that the yield is less has nothing to do with anything; the price would reflect that.

Almost all synthetic cannabinoids have (relatively) novel structures unlike those of natural / classic cannabinoids like THC while AL-LAD is a very close analogue or even homologue of LSD. As far as RCs go, only small modifications to a molecule are less of a leap of faith for me like novel structures with unknown toxicologies.

I have zero desire to ever ingest a synth cannabanoidz. Don't know jack about them, all I do know is if I can't do the real thing I just won't get high

Almost all synthetic cannabinoids have (relatively) novel structures unlike those of natural / classic cannabinoids like THC while AL-LAD is a very close analogue or even homologue of LSD. As far as RCs go, only small modifications to a molecule are less of a leap of faith for me like novel structures with unknown toxicologies.

Any reason why direct analogs of THC (or even better, CBD) haven't been explored by the RC community? Legality?

Finally got to try this great material a couple of weeks ago, was an experience that had almost no negatives aside from having to go back to normal life the next day with little sleep.

Sad to see it becoming less openly available with the UK ban. For what it's worth the stuff my friend and i had was laid on blotter with a picture, as opposed to the chemical symbol/name.

My friend had previously had the classic cream coloured symbol/name blotters several times and found them to be about twice as potent.

Less potent is not an issue for me because i am not looking for completely immersive psychedelic experiences right now, but others may find this information useful, especially as the source advertised them at the same mcg amount (150) as the cream blotters, which seems to be inaccurate- whether deliberately or due to improper preparation.

Kind Regards

Any reason why direct analogs of THC (or even better, CBD) haven't been explored by the RC community? Legality?

I'd bet that those syntheses costs more, also I am not aware of ultra potent analogues of natural noids.. and in waxy oily form not ideal to work with?

1k posts :) congrats

now on topic shall we?

I would personally opt for structure / name printed blotter if possible, those seem to be laid professionally while with other blotter that is uncertain, especially considering it's harder to do at a smaller scale.

Me I am interested to hear what the new next lysergamide rc in line is, and I am not in the UK so will try to go for some AL-LAD still (I want a little bit of liquid, probably said that before, just seems nice). Hopefully LSD and AL-LAD are not too hard to match. Well surely there are a lot of possibilities, but remember they have to be very potent.

Last edited:
Oh AL-LAD... you've become one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to our next jaunt, and I'm awfully glad you're still around. <3