• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Your favorite opiate withdrawal symptom??

ksralyv2mch

Bluelighter
So for all us opiate addicts, we all know the list of withdrawal symptoms so I won't type it out but talking with other addicts I've realized everyone goes through similar things but usually for each individual there is that ONE symptom that REALLY bugs them.. I was thinking we could make a thread were we talk about that ONE symptom that drives you bonkers and usually is what makes you cave (at least for me) and maybe someone else will have an answer on how to combat it.

For me it's my saliva build up, I know it sounds weird and everyone looks at me funny, but when I'm kicking my saliva gets super thick and nasty tasting and I have to constantly spit otherwise I get extremely nauseous. I hate it, I usually have a trash can next to me FILLED with almost a couple gallons of spit because if I swallow my saliva I risk going into bile dry heaves :(

If anyone can help me figure something out, sucking on hard candies or chewing gum helps but not much.. if anyone else has any answers I'd appreciate it, and post your worse withdrawal symptom and maybe somebody will have a remedy.

Not to poke fun at this thread at all.. but like you said its all individual. . But I really loved not sleeping. . And then only sleeping for four hours a night.. im such a wacky sleeper that to wake after four hours was amazing.

That being said.. worst symptom and longest lasting was fatigue.

Good question.
For me, no sleep, and delirium … seeing monsters when trying to sleep .. when my body/brain organism is not in sync. Body, being so tired, fatigued and weighted down, but brain awake- firing adrenaline with psychotic like symptoms. Suicidal ideations, morbidity in thought - attached to memory. Severe depression. Having to wear sunglasses. Probably the depression though, is the worst. Depression and Insomnia!

Good question.
For me, no sleep, and delirium … seeing monsters when trying to sleep .. when my body/brain organism is not in sync. Body, being so tired, fatigued and weighted down, but brain awake- firing adrenaline with psychotic like symptoms. Suicidal ideations, morbidity in thought - attached to memory. Severe depression. Having to wear sunglasses. Probably the depression though, is the worst. Depression and Insomnia!

oh my gosh the delirium... I once was in full withdrawals and downed half a bottle of Robitussin hoping it would work but I guess I ingested the amount that gives you the full psychedelic effect so I was laying in bed tossing and turning and started to believe I found an airplane under the couch and flew to mexico and bought heroin for super cheap.... it was so weird.... the insomnia is a huge problem but this time going in I got remeron, xanax, valium, gabapentin, trazodone and melatonin if need be.

Yeah, the Robo in the day for anxiety, worked for me.
A plane under the couch… haha! Not surprised. :) Yeah - I thought I did things outside, then woke up and realized I didn't even leave the house.. It was like I was awake watching my dreams for hours.
I didn't make it the first time but did the 2nd. Good for you, being prepared is so important, cos no one wants to take a trip to the store in the first couple days of w/drawals. I took some of those you mentioned and Seroquel…
Good luck going through the process! <3

Not so much of the physical stuff for me but emotional instability is what I love and hate. Like waking up from mental coma, everything seems new yet is so painful and often times led to relapse.

I get the saliva thing too and its horrible. One of the first physical symptoms and sets the stage for nausea. Depending I n the features of that specific wd, ill use promethazine or hydroxyzine if im more anxious...oh and while those antihistamines dry up the mouth and reduce nausea - they have the bonus feature of increasing the wonderful RLS, so I supplement with either ropinerol or gabapentin for those jumpy nerves. I keep a military-grade "go bag" of prescription and otc meds... in many cases multiple options per symptom. Ive saved up quite the doomsday supply to handle even the most spectacular detox.

...not to brag. Oooh I can't wait til my next wd to try out my latest comfort toys...

Restlessness & anxiety. If I was in more pain, it would have been easier. Fatigue was a bad bitch too.

Yeah, the Robo in the day for anxiety, worked for me.
A plane under the couch… haha! Not surprised. :) Yeah - I thought I did things outside, then woke up and realized I didn't even leave the house.. It was like I was awake watching my dreams for hours.
I didn't make it the first time but did the 2nd. Good for you, being prepared is so important, cos no one wants to take a trip to the store in the first couple days of w/drawals. I took some of those you mentioned and Seroquel…
Good luck going through the process! <3

Thanks for the kind words ^_^ I appreciate it.

Not so much of the physical stuff for me but emotional instability is what I love and hate. Like waking up from mental coma, everything seems new yet is so painful and often times led to relapse.

I totally know what you mean, certain things just hit you so hard in the feels, probably because we were numb for so long and nowe are feeling again and it's an overload.. I love my fiance because she couldn't handle my addiction anymore and that is rough for me using, once I sober up the pain of that scares me... :'(

I get the saliva thing too and its horrible. One of the first physical symptoms and sets the stage for nausea. Depending I n the features of that specific wd, ill use promethazine or hydroxyzine if im more anxious...oh and while those antihistamines dry up the mouth and reduce nausea - they have the bonus feature of increasing the wonderful RLS, so I supplement with either ropinerol or gabapentin for those jumpy nerves. I keep a military-grade "go bag" of prescription and otc meds... in many cases multiple options per symptom. Ive saved up quite the doomsday supply to handle even the most spectacular detox.

...not to brag. Oooh I can't wait til my next wd to try out my latest comfort toys...

hmm something else that dried out my mouth was loperamide... I like doing that too, lol, stocking up comfort meds for a kick, this time around I got 30 cimetidine, 60 gabapentin 100mg, 5 5mg valium, a xanax bar, 1 8mg suboxone strip, 3 2mg suboxone strips, a bunch of weed, some DMT and remeron... so I have a good stash... I wish there was something else to do about the saliva thing.. I HATE IT SO MUCH having to spit constantly or risk throwing up everywhere.. .LAME

I'm a fan of when you feel so low you want to top yourself. The endless malaise stretching out in to the future...

I'm a big fan on the manic episodes I get and the night terrors and staring at the ceiling and not eating

Fuckkkkk

Yeah I forgot about how much lop itself (which I have in the bag but only use "just enough" rather than go nuts with it) dries you out. It seems like the remeron's hard antihistamine effect combined with your cannabis would keep the saliva from getting too horrible. Shit, even the small amount of sub you have if used right should keep you in decent shape. (Assuming you haven't already been taking it regularly). Maybe add another antihistamine for the daytime drools if the nice arsenal you already have doesn't hold the dam.
... but I get it -trust my wife just loves it how im always hacking and spitting if im wd-ing. I also get it on those emotions regarding everything I've put her through and she's still here with me.

*** the DMT is a great idea. Not sure how you'll make use of it but I think next time I kick ill plan some sort of trip for just prior to the detox. -to help get me where I need to be consciously ya know?

I'm confused...favorite??

I got huge boners for no reason.

But the worst? The restless legs. I cannot even handle that shit. Things that can help with that symptom: Hylands Restless Legs, dipenhydramine, Nerontin (gabapentin), Valerian Root.

^^^ exactly what I was talking about. Beside feeling like complete shit, pains, insomnia, absolutely no food or drink (for days), hallucinations, irritability when someone is trying to talk to you and/or make your life easier, cold+sweats, etc... the restlessness was the worst.

Worst- the constant need to move and swivel my legs and pelvis at night and overwhelming fatigue/depression.
I do enjoy the clear moments when I play music and I'm feeling so in sync and alive. It keeps me feeling like that is what normal feels like.
But yea the tiredness and feeling like a complete piece of a shit is the worst and longest lasting symptom.

worst? = feels like the flu and take 75 showers a day but it doesn't help.

best? = my dick works again

restless body i don't just get the legs my whole body wants to shake it's self out of my being

Can someone tell me why it feels so fucking good to take hot baths and showers when kicking? Like that and listening to some good music is really awesome.

And since the last time I took tram on Christmas, I've been feeling very emotional when I see the bud lite cranbrrrita commercial. You know where the bearded guy is serving drinks and singing "all night long". wtf I get teary eyed. Maybe I just love it so much and feel sad because the season is coming to an end and I won't be seeing it anymore.
Fuck, my feels are fucked up!