European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Giant Footprint in South Africa

*cough...bohemeth*

deuce-bigalow-foot-scene-o.gif

I chiseled a foot into a rock, took a pic and made an article suggesting it was a giant from the bean stalk. Naturally all the paranoid pot heads connected the dots, turns out it wasn't a giants foot it was actually from a race of beings known as the Mouth breathing retards, apparently they have have lived among us for centuries.

You heard anything about this guys, because i'm really inclined to believe this theory.

It appears the footprint is at least 100+ years old according to this old photo

Apparently, the footprint is at least 100 years old. This photo was reportedly taken in the late 1890s. Same footprint, different year. I don't think think Photoshop existed back then.

32_main.jpg

The photo was taken from a Russian news site, and the original text of the article can be found here:
http://www.segodnya.ua/science/v-yu...agadochnyy-sled-drevnego-velikana-486432.html

Here is the article translated by Google Translate

2 January 2014, 08:38

The age of the found trace is about 200 million years
Photo: teleport2001.ru

"In the Kingdom of Swaziland in South Africa, study a mysterious track measuring 1.2 meters, found on one of the rocks. It is reported that the age of the found trace, reminiscent of the shape of a human foot, is about 200 million years old.

Journalists and some scientists immediately assumed that this is the imprint of an ancient giant who lived on our planet tens of millions of years ago. Three- and five-meter-high giants are mentioned in the epics of many peoples.

Indirectly, the existence on the Earth of giants is confirmed by unique finds of archaeologists - for example, in an ancient burial ground in the US state of Ohio, a huge copper ax weighing about 30 kg was discovered. And in the 1960s, a dinosaur bone was found in Siberia with a huge arrow point protruding from it.

However, according to Teleport2001, the idea that the trace found in Swaziland belongs to an ancient giant, there were also opponents. Some anthropologists believe that imprint can be just one of the examples of prehistoric art.

Interesting thought. Thanks for the post.

Also, welcome to Bluelight

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not unicorns.

When you hear hoofbeats in an office, six floors up in the middle of a built-up area, think recording.

Human beings are very good at recognising faces, whole bodies, hands, feet and genitals, in that order. It's a survival trait. So it's not surprising that it looks like a footprint.

You don't often get human footprints in rock, due to human feet generally being much softer than rock. There are certainly ways it's possible for imprinted mud to petrify, though. So, I can see two questions straight away Is that even the kind of rock in which you might reasonably expect to see a footprint? Or is it more likely for the hole to have been made by some other process? And is there any other evidence nearby to suggest it really is an actual footprint?

This mystery is only increased by the fact that it's genuine. It's not made of polystyrene of anything, I went down there & had a look at it with my own two eyes in October 2017. It's definitely genuine & it's definitely in granite.

I do not for a second think this thing is something that looks a bit like a footprint. It is instead an exact copy of a footprint in mud, complete with the steeped up bit where the toes pull up at the front. This will be familiar to anyone who has ever walked on a beach. The fact that it is ancient is attested by the fact that African spoken word histories from unknowably distant past speak of this print as part of a story from the time of the Gods. A time before modern man. African legends have been handed down for no-one knows how many millenia. So the footprint is an extremely, unfeasibly ancient hoax or inexplicably life-like carving, or it's evidence of something.

I'm no longer sure if this is evidence of unfeasibly ancient giant humans or if it's evidence of some ancient rock melting technology now lost to us. But it's sure as hell evidence of something. Something big.