• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids poppy tea addicts?

Tacoma

Bluelighter
Any one else addicted/uses poppy seed/poppy pod tea? Any success stories on quitting?

I've had great success from coming off a 5 year opiate/opioid habit that at one time peaked to 300+mg's of oxycodone a day from Immodium(loperamide). I'd look into loperamide to help curb most withdraw. We have a megathread on it. The true desire to change and someone that understands you and is willing to walk the road with you will be your best asset, not the drug(s). Be well, best wishes..

i don't personally but my buddy did/does. It's like quitting any other opiate tho, first step is to get it out of reach and cut off dealers/access to the drug. Second step is dealing with the withdraws and moving on with life. Not intended to make it sound easy, but two things your going to have to do. Taper is the best method, try to do a quick taper if you can. A lot of peolpe say benzos help with the w/ds, but be warned that it is easy to have addiction problems with benzos so be safe and smart. I used vicodin to taper off ocs. really can not put enough emphasis on a healthy diet and a lot of exercise. running and working out really helped me get clean. it's a really good time to rededicate yourself to your passions.

It's real hard to stop something that is SO damn easy to get a hold of. I've went through withdrawal before cold turkey for the first 6 days then got some Clonidine so I'm very very scared to go through that again

without a doubt, i know the feeling of going through withdraw and having access at your finger tips. The first step is to get rid of your stash, or only enough to taper and really make the decision to quit. When you get the urge you have to remind yourself that you really do want to be sober and not addicted to opiates anymore. For me, a big change in my thinking was when I realized that I could feel better and be happier if I was sober and didn't have to deal with all the bullshit of being stuck on opiates. I started to really believe that I and things could change if I worked towards a goal and made my first goal to get sober.

ultimately it is your decision, and you have to decide if you want to change things.

IME poppy seeds have been useless (storebought) except for when i ate a LOT chased back with water leaving me constipated for 3-4 days (severly, very bad idea) though I felt a definite opioid relaxation akin to pods

Poppy pods will work depending on strenghts I've never been dissapointed with them. I haven't been able to find them every since 2009-2010 when you could buy them on ebay, now I cannot find them for the life of me, its easier to find fentanyl derivatives, or chemical opioids like tapentadol, tramadol, mt-45, etc

Have poppy pods left us or am I not looking in the right place!? Should I be searching deeper in the underground or still on public sites?

I am from the UK and get perfectly good poppy seeds packaged in Holland and a shiny blue colour I had to search around a bit to find these supermarket poppy seeds I use half a kilo which costs less than a packet of cigs mix with grapefruit juice and shake for 5 mins in a huge bottle it has me high as a kite all day long but keep my usage very sporadic as I dont want to ruin the amazing buzz I get from these little blue wonders

I always use seeds whenever I make it it's extremely strong and potent. Where 1 cup gets you FUCKED an I have an extremely high tolerance morphine can't get me high but this sure does

Also what will my withdrawal be like? Will it be like a heroin withdrawal? I've been using for 2 years and it is very very strong

I think you will defo have withdrawal symptoms but no where near like with Heroin as it is the most potent of all the opiates. Dont quote me on this as its not from personal experience but only fron knowledge of these types of drug. my friend is a heroin addict and he lokks like golum from lord of the rings and it has been a shame to see him go down hill so fast. I truly believe he wont live much longer. I have tried to help him as we both served in the gulf together in 91 and he was the best man at my wedding. but all he cares about is where his next hit is coming from and has stolen from me. clearly not the man he used to be as many years ago I would have trusted him with my life. Shame and sad

I have read that pod tea wd is worse than heroin because of all the alkaloids in the plant, remember the pods contain morphine which is basically the same thing as heroin in its action on the body. Now drinking tea, you are slightly more limited in dosage than shooting dope but I would say expect BAD withdrawals.

THe good news is that you can mostly avoid almost all the opiate wd period using a drug called kratom. Then reduce your kratom dose and jump off a small amount of that. You will still feel some wd but it will be like a 90-95% reduction verse coming off opiates cold turkey. Big difference right there.

I'm assuming it'll be real bad this shit is honestly the strongest shit I've ever done and I've done em all. The potency of when I make it is so amazing it's terrible

I think you will defo have withdrawal symptoms but no where near like with Heroin as it is the most potent of all the opiates.
It can definitely have wds as bad as heroin, the wds are going to be more drawn out then heroin because of the long duration. Nor is heroin the most potent opioids and potency doesn't have to due much with withdrawals.

^ I got to the point I was throwing the shit up, ginger cordial was a godsend back then, I would get anxious knowing I had to taste that shit, but ginger cordial cured my anxiety ;)

I was addicted for around 2 years. Was dosing 2 times daily for around 12 months.

Tried tapering, but with life and family it was impossible.

So 14 days of absolute shit. I done an extremely rapid bupe taper using, I think, 2mg all up, split into 4 bits.

.25mg the first night, .5mg the next 3 and .25mg on the last. I slept proabaly 4 hours in that time. It fucking sucked.

If I didn't have absolute free time, I'd still be chugging that horse cum tasting shit.

The half life is what drilled me, endlessly feeling like shit, day in day out.

Little bit of etiz helped a tonne too.

For me I would have rathered been addicted to a short acting opiate/opioid. Get that pain out of the way harsh and quick.

Fucking pst wd's drag on longer than you'd expect.

Not worth it IMO.

I had a dabble about three months after and fucking hated myself for it for a week.

I will say one thing, in the weeks the shit was finally getting out of my system, I felt like a new man, I loved life again. But that's ended and I'm back where I was before I started using, go figure. I won't go back to using , but benzos are now my new thing to be extremely careful with to get me through.

There's no point to comparing it to herion or most opiates, the half life is fucked up, and that's what brought me to my demise.

Feel free to pm me asking any questions if I can help, it's NOT impossible at all to quit.

Last edited:
the poppy seeds I get must be weak in comparison. I get mine from the supermarket packaged in Holland and the drug laws are relaxed over there. I know in the UK they are washed before packageing and all the other ones I have tried have been black in colour and dont work at all. but this certain supermarket they are a blue colour. I need to use half a kilo 5 packets and put them in a 5 litre water bottle with half a litre of grapefruit juice and shake for 5 mins strain the seeds and drink the proceeds. I have tried heroin in the past and this is no way as strong. I would say the buzz is on par with 150mg of codeine

I guess by reading the other posts the seeds I am getting are weak in comparison. But I love the sensation I get in my legs 20 after ingesting the liquid. and the buzz does last all day and I am happy with the results I get from these. I dont use heroin only tried it a couple of times. I used to be able to get my hands on some high quality H but nowadays greedy drug dealers cut the brown powder so much the poppy seeds work much better. I have never I/Ved heroin always smoked it and needed 50 quids worth to get a half decent high. The poppy seeds cost less than a pack of 20 cigs in the UK and they are a rip off at 10 quid a pack greedy fucking government thats why I gave up smoking 3 years ago. but still get the odd craving oven now but glad I quit

Thank you. It sure doesn't help that I do live with my family who not only assholes but don't really give a shit if I quit. I went through morphine withdrawal before it lasted a little over a week and it was HELL about a week later discovered pst quit rehab and started using. Too my surprise I liked it better then morphine! I don't know how I can ever go through a worse withdrawal then that.

I try to keep my uses well apart from each other and have not ever been trough withdrawal off anything. I have been on prescribed benzos for a year now and top up with flubro as I cant sleep on the amount of K-pins my doc gives me 1mg per day at night so if I ever come off that regime I am gonna withdraw bigtime but I am on the clonazepam for life so wont have to go through it. I also dabble in a bit of Phenibut which is a lovely drug but dont use that more than once a week and the poppy tea I use about once a fortnight so I am hoping to keep any withdrawals at bay as they dont sound nice. about 15 years ago I was an alcoholic and went into rehab but drugs were used to help with any withdrawals so I guess I have had it easy. I hope when you do go through it its not too bad for you mate hang in there and remember to take it easy mate

Thanks everyone. I have some Clonidine at home hopefully that will help me out if I decide to go through with quitting. Only problem is im really skinny and have really low blood pressure so Clonidine makes me pass out :/