• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter

Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

Because that God is you. Instinctively speaking.

Our hiving or groupish natures and desire for friendship and fellowship lead us and statistics are showing how well our selfishness is working in terms of rapprochement for each of us to the whole world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBW5vdhr_PA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0

This tribalism is both a blessing and a curse. The hive/you, seeks to unite with the other hives, --- is everyone's basic hive mind's number one desire. This is your base driving force for survival.

We desire one God and human master above all other desires. We all crave a monotheistic world while wanting that God to be ourselves. We call that freedom. We are all in this together while all wishing to stand alone and above. Some call this our selfish gene and without it we would go extinct.

Note the wisdom of the first few self-centred commandments. Like that God, we are all quite self-centered. Not near as barbaric as the bible God in most cases though, --- and our recognition of duty sends that self-centeredness to duty and love, --- when it turns outwardly or towards others.

If I was to define God as,--- ( just the best set of rules to live life by ), --- then the statement, ---believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God, --- becomes truth.

That God, --- described as rules and laws, --- is what believers seek.

Non-believers seek the same thing, but with an ideal that is a human leader (s), and not a supernatural being.

It seems that our natural selfishness turned duty is serving us well as a species if the trends are real. Remember to continue to seek an ideal in rules and laws.

If you have found God, you are an idol worshiper. Your bible or holy book condemns such an action.

As said in Candid, we are in the best of all possible worlds, because this is the only possible world. The world evolves and our political Gods as well as our religious Gods and masters must also all evolve.

We all seek a Monotheistic God and we all want him or her to be us. We do look outwardly though for the role model, --- and that is what makes the search worthy. It is what makes us more fully human.

The thinking shown below isthe Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

This method and mind set ishow you become I am and brethren to Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, then you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. God is that part of you that is more fully human.

Regards
DL

Last edited:
That is a very thoughtful viewpoint, and I see how it fits for many, but I personally cannot relate. When I was just starting out getting my degree in Philosophy, I would ponder the ethical question of "what is the perfect world?" After thinking about it, I settled on a hedonistic approach, that feeling happy/good/well was what was to be desired. That the perfect world would be one that everyone would feel happy and have no pain, simply living their lives. It would then be better if a thousand people existed and felt well rather than two. And a million better than a thousand. And continue this on and on. But would the perfect universe really be an infinite amount of just floating brains mindless besides feeling well? It just doesnt seem at all right.

Then what is to be desired, if not wellness? Would experiencing the range of emotions we call existence fit in the category of what is desired? So the more you experienced, the more you fulfilled what was to be desired? However, this too, if followed to its conclusion, seems wrong. As an infinite amount of floating brains mindless besides experiencing an infinite range of random emotions does not seem right at all.

So, I then assume the antecedent, which is fulfilling the requirement of an ethical universe. To do this, one can assume that an omnipotent omniethical being does currently exist. If such a being were to exist, then by definition it would create the most ethical universe possible. Which would mean this universe now is what should be desired. I cannot imagine such a thing to be true. I would be utterly befuddled if torturing innocent children is what the right thing to do is. This would be true if an ethical, all-powerful being existed.

So it is with all certainty an omnipotent, omniethical being cannot exist.

So how would I define God? I could not. It would be just as impossible for me to define a triangle with 4 sides, to define a blue ball that was a red cube, or a circular octagon.

That is a very thoughtful viewpoint, and I see how it fits for many, but I personally cannot relate. When I was just starting out getting my degree in Philosophy, I would ponder the ethical question of "what is the perfect world?" After thinking about it, I settled on a hedonistic approach, that feeling happy/good/well was what was to be desired. That the perfect world would be one that everyone would feel happy and have no pain, simply living their lives. It would then be better if a thousand people existed and felt well rather than two. And a million better than a thousand. And continue this on and on. But would the perfect universe really be an infinite amount of just floating brains mindless besides feeling well? It just doesnt seem at all right.

Then what is to be desired, if not wellness? Would experiencing the range of emotions we call existence fit in the category of what is desired? So the more you experienced, the more you fulfilled what was to be desired? However, this too, if followed to its conclusion, seems wrong. As an infinite amount of floating brains mindless besides experiencing an infinite range of random emotions does not seem right at all.

So, I then assume the antecedent, which is fulfilling the requirement of an ethical universe. To do this, one can assume that an omnipotent omniethical being does currently exist. If such a being were to exist, then by definition it would create the most ethical universe possible. Which would mean this universe now is what should be desired. I cannot imagine such a thing to be true. I would be utterly befuddled if torturing innocent children is what the right thing to do is. This would be true if an ethical, all-powerful being existed.

So it is with all certainty an omnipotent, omniethical being cannot exist.

So how would I define God? I could not. It would be just as impossible for me to define a triangle with 4 sides, to define a blue ball that was a red cube, or a circular octagon.

No argument.

That is why I asked that you define God as just the best rules to live life by because at the end of the day, that is all any believer can follow because you are correct about the usual God.

All should be working to improve their theology and in your case and other non-believers, your philosophy.

Your perfect philosophy is just the best rules for you just as a God is for theists.

We all seek the same thing except one has woo and the other does not.

" I see how it fits for many, but I personally cannot relate. "

I hope you see how the O.P. relates to you as well as all of us.

Except for Christian idol worshipers who no longer seek the best rules and think a genocidal God is worth following.

Regards
DL

And, as an extension of Candide's philosophy, God is the best of all possible Gods, because he is the only God. God is much more than a simple collection of laws, rules, and commandments. He is the Creator.

My idea of God is a super intelligent, empathic but sometimes vengeful, multidimensional force or being in the sky. He does not have a body but nevertheless IS. He is associated with light and is our Creator. That is my belief.

I haven't a clue what you mean by, "Does your God only work Fridays and Mondays?"

Why does there need to be a god? The only decent argument I've come across is the causality argument, stating everything has a cause; thus something must have caused the universe. However there does not need to be a start, just like there doesn't need to be an end. Yes, a humans cannot fathom beginningless nor endless prospects, but that doesn't mean it is impossible; that is like saying that there must be a highest number and lowest numbest number just because we cannot fathom infinity. If you accept the prospect that numbers go on infinitely, then you must concede the causality argument.

DL, I sometimes think you must get out of bed in the morning and say to yourself, what post can I construct now that lobs grenades at the Judeo-Christian belief system and that can do the most damage to this construct. But DL, your grenades are futile against our God Who most certainly will have you standing before Him on that Day in order for you to give an account of your life and what you have done to serve and glorify God whilst on this earth.count your blessings for a change. Stop looking for arguments at every turn. It is only wearing you out. God loves you very much, why not drop some of your defences and ask Him to show you Himself?

My idea of God is a super intelligent, empathic but sometimes vengeful, multidimensional force or being in the sky. He does not have a body but nevertheless IS. He is associated with light and is our Creator. That is my belief.

I haven't a clue what you mean by, "Does your God only work Fridays and Mondays?"

Did you view that link?

Regards
DL

Why does there need to be a god? The only decent argument I've come across is the causality argument, stating everything has a cause; thus something must have caused the universe. However there does not need to be a start, just like there doesn't need to be an end. Yes, a humans cannot fathom beginningless nor endless prospects, but that doesn't mean it is impossible; that is like saying that there must be a highest number and lowest numbest number just because we cannot fathom infinity. If you accept the prospect that numbers go on infinitely, then you must concede the causality argument.

There does not need to be a God but we do need some kind of ideal because we live demographic commons that demand that someone be at the top. Man cannot survive without leadership. We must always have an Alpha or Beta to lead.

Look at our past history. We have always had God/Kings.

Regards
DL

DL, I sometimes think you must get out of bed in the morning and say to yourself, what post can I construct now that lobs grenades at the Judeo-Christian belief system and that can do the most damage to this construct.

Absolutely. That is how one fight evil. If a good person, you will do the same.

For the evils of religion to grow, read any scriptureliterally.

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by GnosticChristians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and asesoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has createdabout Gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then yousee why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evilsof forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we werepoison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the freethinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite aride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinkingmoral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt otherbecause of the same Church's teachings today?

Can you ignore suchthings if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling thesame murderous, freedom stifling ****.

We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is acompulsion on all of us to judge.

It is my view that all right wing literalists andfundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as thosewho do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyoneelse, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions makeus all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods andretribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic.These are all evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2zhlDbMfDg

They also do much harm to their own fellow adherents.

African witches andJesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI

Jesus Camp 1of 3
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48b_1185215493

Death to Gays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyuKLyGUHNE

For evil to grow myfriend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. Itis your duty to our fellow man.

But DL, your grenades are futile against our God Who most certainly will have you standing before Him on that Day in order for you to give an account of your life and what you have done to serve and glorify God whilst on this earth.

I look forward to telling your prick of a God what I think of him. Too bad it will never happen.

count your blessings for a change.

I am blessed to be a Gnostic Christian and not an immoral Christian.

Stop looking for arguments at every turn. It is only wearing you out. God loves you very much, why not drop some of your defences and ask Him to show you Himself?

He did. The bastard had horns and a tail and a bunch of Christians like you with their heads up his ass and their brains shut down by faith.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for you toquit using your "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so you willbelieve doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says...“Comenow, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can you reason with Godwhen you throw away reason?

Religions, especiallyChristianity reply.

“Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, thegreatest enemy that faith has.”
Martin Luther “

This puts the rest of us in aposition where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt toreason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practicethat hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they arewrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

As I read that quite emotive reply DL, the words that immediately came into my mind were from Acts where Jesus meets Paul on the road to Damascus. Blustering Paul is brought to his knees as Jesus appears to him and says simply, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?" When Neitsche pronounced God is dead, it was only a couple of decades later God pronounced 'Neitsche is dead'. You will only go the same way DL. And your words below DL, I look forward to telling your prick of a God what I think of him. Too bad it will never happen.
youre quite right, it won't happen mate, but not for the reasons you think. It won't happen because you will stand there quite literally undone. All your rantings and false arguments will have been stripped from you, you will be naked, wretched and poor before Him, your arguments won't even make it to your lips. I really would reconsider your position at some point, in fact, I am confident God is already speaking to you as we speak. Steve

Please stop. You are really scaring me with your boogy man.

Your church must have really scared you when you were young. Go try your fear mongering on children. Adults know a myth when they hear one.

Listen to one of your own and grow up child.

Regards
DL

I'm atheist but I loved studying polytheistic beliefs . They're just so much more fun than boring ass Christianity.

I'm atheist but I loved studying polytheistic beliefs . They're just so much more fun than boring ass Christianity.

All myths can be fun and only become dangerous when taken literally.

Doing so is how Christianity gave us the dark Ages and the Inquisition.

Regards
DL

Not everyone is Monotheistic.

I have friends who are Hindu and they're certainly not Monotheistic.

They believe in Brahman or the Godhead/Absolute; but they also believe in other gods and goddesses in their spirituality/faith.

A lot of Westerners seem to believe that in Buddhism that Buddhists do not worship gods, or a God, and are atheist; but that's not true as there are sects of Buddhism in certain countries that do worship and believe in the Hindu gods, and in Hinduism the Buddha was seen as an avatar of Vishnu.

Not everyone is Monotheistic.

I have friends who are Hindu and they're certainly not Monotheistic.

They believe in Brahman or the Godhead/Absolute; but they also believe in other gods and goddesses in their spirituality/faith.

A lot of Westerners seem to believe that in Buddhism that Buddhists do not worship gods, or a God, and are atheist; but that's not true as there are sects of Buddhism in certain countries that do worship and believe in the Hindu gods, and in Hinduism the Buddha was seen as an avatar of Vishnu.

No argument but in the context of the O.P. for them to not wish for monotheism, with themselves being at the top, the fittest in evolutionary terms, it would mean that their genes are not pushing them to be the fittest and that is not the way evolution works.

Nature always creates for the best possible end and not striving to be the fittest position is not the best end for any of us.

Tell us, what good do people get from worshiping a God. God certainly does not profit so what is the believers profit?

Regards
DL

No argument but in the context of the O.P. for them to not wish for monotheism, with themselves being at the top, the fittest in evolutionary terms, it would mean that their genes are not pushing them to be the fittest and that is not the way evolution works.

Nature always creates for the best possible end and not striving to be the fittest position is not the best end for any of us.

Tell us, what good do people get from worshiping a God. God certainly does not profit so what is the believers profit?

Regards
DL
Even though they're not monotheistic my Hindu friends don't believe in religion or spirituality as being a contest, or that someone's at the "top" of the evolution scale, or not, and that their religion/spirituality is the best, etc.

I have friends who are spiritual or even atheist, and while they don't believe in a monotheistic Christian "God" they do believe in things like reincarnation, karma, metaphysics, spiritual enlightenment, etc.

Last edited:
Even though they're not monotheistic my Hindu friends don't believe in religion or spirituality as being a contest, or that someone's at the "top" of the evolution scale, or not, and that their religion/spirituality is the best, etc.

I have friends who are spiritual or even atheist, and while they don't believe in a monotheistic Christian "God" they do believe in things like reincarnation, karma, metaphysics, spiritual enlightenment, etc.

Then this would apply to them as well as others who believe by faith alone.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for you toquit using your "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so you willbelieve doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says...“Comenow, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can you reason with Godwhen you throw away reason?

Religions, especiallyChristianity reply.

“Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, thegreatest enemy that faith has.”
Martin Luther “

This puts the rest of us in aposition where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt toreason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practicethat hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they arewrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

DL says 'listen to one of your own' and then posts YouTube link to a 'wise in the eyes of the world' teacher/preacher who wears the tradional dog collar, assuming this attire somehow denotes the global take on Christianity. The man in the video evidently believes man is inherently good and that we have yet to discover and then tap into this 'inherent truth' and having done so, we can then march triumphantly into a golden future into a land of hope and promise. What DL forgets to tell his readers is that all of this has been tried before with abysmal failure always the end result. There is nothing new under the sun. This 'religion' is just another candy floss-cum-gingerbread philosophy - a sort of yummy yummy inclusiveness that actually is totally devoid of reality. Only one Man paid the ultimate price and His name is Jesus and it was His one and only Self-sacrifice on the cross that made the way for true spiritual fulfilment and philosophical freedom - that we own up to our sin and failings and accept The Holy Spirit into our lives and trust Him to lead us forward in and amidst our many failings. DL, in lumping Christians altogether as one hotch-potch of mindlessness, it only reveals your lack of understanding of the history of God-led Christianity. But hey-ho, let readers now expect some vile invective reply on the immorality of the crusades or on GwB 9/11 alleged God inspired militarism. And there I was, stupidly thinking these were the right thing to do. Thank you in advance for correcting me DL.

Last edited: