• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

DL says 'listen to one of your own' and then posts YouTube link to a 'wise in the eyes of the world' teacher/preacher who wears the tradional dog collar, assuming this attire somehow denotes the global take on Christianity. The man in the video evidently believes man is inherently good and that we have yet to discover and then tap into this 'inherent truth' and having done so, we can then march triumphantly into a golden future into a land of hope and promise. What DL forgets to tell his readers is that all of this has been tried before with abysmal failure always the end result. There is nothing new under the sun. This 'religion' is just another candy floss-cum-gingerbread philosophy - a sort of yummy yummy inclusiveness that actually is totally devoid of reality. Only one Man paid the ultimate price and His name is Jesus and it was His one and only Self-sacrifice on the cross that made the way for true spiritual fulfilment and philosophical freedom - that we own up to our sin and failings and accept The Holy Spirit into our lives and trust Him to lead us forward in and amidst our many failings. DL, in lumping Christians altogether as one hotch-potch of mindlessness, it only reveals your lack of understanding of the history of God-led Christianity. But hey-ho, let readers now expect some vile invective reply on the immorality of the crusades or on GwB 9/11 alleged God inspired militarism. And there I was, stupidly thinking these were the right thing to do. Thank you in advance for correcting me DL.

Sure. You own up to your sins and then watch another take your just reward for them. That is really stepping up pal. Nice morals. Not.

Havinganother innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that youmight escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Jesus saidto pick up your cross and follow him but I see that you have taken the linethat someone else should pay your dues. Quite manly and moral that. Not.

Do youreally think someone else can pay your dues and allow you to shirk your justreward?

Deuteronomy24:16 (ESV) “Fathers shall not be put todeath because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because oftheir fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shalldie. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the fathersuffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall beupon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Thedeclaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon thechildren is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, TheAge of Reason]

As aboveso below.

If you hadGod's power, would you not be able to find a way that does not go against thewisdom of Jesus and the bible?

Perhapslike being man enough to step up to your own demands for a worthy sacrifice?

That iswhat a good God would do.

Regards
DL

it only reveals your lack of understanding of the history of God-led Christianity. But hey-ho, let readers now expect some vile invective reply on the immorality of the crusades or on GwB 9/11 alleged God inspired militarism. And there I was, stupidly thinking these were the right thing to do. Thank you in advance for correcting me DL.

Your welcome.

The crusades were just a part of the bigger picture of hate and destruction. Have you forgotten the 1000 year Dark Ages and Inquisition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

You must be proud of your dirty history or you would not have brought it up. Repent sinner.

Regards
DL