• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc drugs that do no harm to your liver

Opiates do not harm the liver but I would not reccomend starting an opiate habit.

How bad is kratom for the liver? I began using it and it makes for some fun nights lazing around.

Maybe thats your answer, shouldn't have gone hard for 20 years straight.

Maybe try Lyrica (pregabalin). However, it can cause renal failure in some.

How bad is kratom for the liver? I began using it and it makes for some fun nights lazing around.

I was just thinking that, Kratom would probably be a good option.. I mean.. better than oxies right? Opiates, pot and LSD are all I can think to suggest. Maybe DXM? *don't quote me on the DXM.. I've read conflicting sources on whether or not DXM is bad for your liver... Benzodiazepines as well should be safe. According to "http://livertox.nih.gov/BenzodiazepineDrugs.htm" but also be careful with benzos... addictive and as for recreational value.. they'll fuck you up alright.. but you probably won't remember it.. problem is.. most likely everyone else will :p

I was just thinking that, Kratom would probably be a good option.. I mean.. better than oxies right? Opiates, pot and LSD are all I can think to suggest. Maybe DXM? *don't quote me on the DXM.. I've read conflicting sources on whether or not DXM is bad for your liver... Benzodiazepines as well should be safe. According to "http://livertox.nih.gov/BenzodiazepineDrugs.htm" but also be careful with benzos... addictive and as for recreational value.. they'll fuck you up alright.. but you probably won't remember it.. problem is.. most likely everyone else will :p

Dxm is a partial-prodrug meaning it is active in its own molecular structure, but it also metabolizes into dxo which also has a role in dxm effects.
Guess which organ is responsible for metabolizing it :p

for this reason alone I would avoid dxm as well. However if someone can provide a citation proving me wrong, it might be a nice drug for this considering it has somewhat boozy effects.
Though that could be problematic considering OP's addiction to alcohol

start liking cannabis lol.

roxi would be an ok option because it doesn't contain any APAP. lyrica is hit or miss with some people, and if it does hit your tolerance will skyrocket quickly. lyrica is just a stronger gabapentin.

Dxm is a partial-prodrug meaning it is active in its own molecular structure, but it also metabolizes into dxo which also has a role in dxm effects.
Guess which organ is responsible for metabolizing it :p

for this reason alone I would avoid dxm as well. However if someone can provide a citation proving me wrong, it might be a nice drug for this considering it has somewhat boozy effects.
Though that could be problematic considering OP's addiction to alcohol

start liking cannabis lol.

i always throw a whitey when ever I smoke pot get anxiety and feel really shitty. Plus in a group I feel paranoid and think people are talking about me behind my back. I am a war vet 91 in the gulf and did kill and that comes back to haunt me every time I smoke it.

If I am honest it was after the Gulf in 91 when I started to hammer the booze it is just so accessible. When I drank all thought and feelings about the war went away. It gave me my smile back but got me into trouble with the law alot for fighting all it took was for someone to look at me wrong and I would go off on one. the Army gave me no counselling for PTSD. i was a Tank gunner and the Iraqi Tanks were no match for the British tanks and did not have the range to hit our tanks as they were using T72s old equipment compared with the Challenger Tank. I remember driving in my troop 3 Tanks and we came across a group of enimy tanks about 12 of them our three tanks destroyed all but 2 they started running. My commander pointed the gun at one of the tanks and ordered me to fire. I refused I did not want to shoot 4 people in the back. My commander kicked my head against the gunners console and with blood running down my face I shot and destroyed the tank and the four crew members inside.

I was put on a charge for disobeying a direct order and cowardice. I was then sent to an internment camp in the desert for surrendered Iraqi soldiers it was made up of 12 long green tents for prisoners to sleep in and 1 for cooking in it was surrounded by a barb wire fence and a gate. my job there was to patrol the perimeter and man the gates 4 hours on 4 hours off 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I saw regular beatings of Iraqi soldiers and dead Iraqi men were delivered there to be picked up and returned to their family's, After a while I was sent back to Germany and went AWOL at every opportunity. I was bullied regularly when my unit got back. In the end my commanding officer sent me to Colchester military prison for 6 months and dishonourably discharged.

I thought we were supposwd to be the good guys

No idea what being in a war must do to your mental state, not sure I could handle the PTSD from that, but smoking regularly helps me to avoid any anxiety from cannabis, that seems to be the effect i get a tolerance to first.

You're no coward tunesey, you just have some morals.

Last edited:
DrGreenthumb Thanks for you kind words if it wasnt for my wife and kids I would gladly carry on drinking

I don't know, opiates are probably as benign as you're going to get. I tend to concentrate so much on what drugs do to one's head that I don't spend a ton of time thinking about the body, but I've never ever heard of someone suffering from any kind of liver issues related to opiates (other than hep c from sharing needles, but that doesn't have much to do with the drug itself obviously).

Come to think of it, if you're all about that GABA-goodness, why not try some nice benzos? I never liked drinking much at all largely due to all the residual effects, but I've never minded benzos one bit. Ultimately the basic principles are the same, so maybe give that a try. Or if we're trying to land as close as possible to alcohol without all the toxins that fuck up one's liver, maybe try mixing some opiates and benzos (very carefully, of course. Very, very carefully. That shit kills people). I think that might be the closest one could get to the effects of alcohol, especially due to the endorphin release that tends to accompany drinking for many folk.

Granted, no matter what direction you go it'll put some small strain on your liver, it's always going to be up to your liver to get rid of all the various nasty shit in your body (if only I could sit my liver down and have a talk so it could recognize that it was my intention for those drugs to be there...), and your body views every drug as a poison to be dealt with as efficiently as possible, but ultimately you have a lot of options. Most mainstream drugs tend to be fairly easy on your liver as far as I know.

And of course in the interest of harm reduction I have to mention that obviously the very best option would be to just not get fucked up, but I'm sure that goes without saying.