• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc drugs that do no harm to your liver

tunesey

Bluelighter
I am an ex boozer and used to love alcohol.Now I have been warned off the drink as I am destroying my liver. I no cannabis is not bad for your liver but never go on well with smoking it. I just want to get high without hammering my liver any more any suggestions.

Many drugs go through your liver even what you eat goes through the liver so this would take some research on my part. I know when my liver got real bad from acetaminophen poisoning all I did was switch to heroin and it seemed to let my liver heal because you only need tiny amounts of it and it had no acetaminophen like painkillers did.
I don't recommend that though your liver still processes it and I ended up with sepsis from dirty needles along withessing up my kidneys so it wasn't a good healthy alternative.

I believe gabapentin and lyrica aren't so harsh on the liver but I don't like those ones...if you tried em maybe you would.
nearly impossible to OD as well. That's a + . They effect kidney function much more than liver if im not mistaken .

Basically if you do any research on a drug and it says "talk to your dr if you have liver disease or impaired liver function"...you know that's not a good choice and im sorry to say that's A LOT of em. Livers take beatings. That's kinda their job.

I believe gabapentin and lyrica aren't so harsh on the liver but I don't like those ones...if you tried em maybe you would.
nearly impossible to OD as well. That's a + . They effect kidney function much more than liver if im not mistaken .

He wants to get high though I don't see him getting very high from lyrics or Gabi's. Those are anti convulsents which yes do give some people a little buzz but I can't consider that to be a "high".

He wants to get high though I don't see him getting very high from lyrics or Gabi's. Those are anti convulsents which yes do give some people a little buzz but I can't consider that to be a "high".

Ya I agree those are some extremely subjective chems but some people just LOVE em, so I thought maybe he'd consider giving em a shot.

I remember the first time I did them they got me HIGH...and then it just never happened again despite my many attempts so i dropped em

Yea I had bottles and bottles of the two drugs I tried to sell em or give then away after letting them sit for a long time but no luck so I flushed them all. Never got me high in the slightest bit. I always pefered opiates for pain. Of course ha I'm an addict.

me too.... popped trams this morning to keep withdrawal at bay. What a life.
They say lyrica is sooo great from opiate w/d but fuck that. Does nothing for me even if I parachute a G. anyways, not to highjack the thread I just can't think of any other drugs that dont have a profound effect on liver function. Maybe CWE or an opiate thats not loaded with APAP? I dunno

Everything basically goes through your liver so I don't know what to say. Mabye drugs that are not as harsh on the liver but they will still be processed through the liver. Mabye give yourself some time to heal then try recreational drugs again if you feel you must.
Its not worth it. I read a story about a guy in your situation who had liver damage but wanted to drink still. He heard from his dumbass friend when alcohol is put up your ass that your liver doesn't process it because it hits you faster and doesn't have to travel through the liver first like when you drink it(not true it eventually goes through the liver still). Anyways he ended up destroying his liver being stupid and now he's dead nothing he can do to save himself.

If your liver is done then mabye its time to think about things. Have you thought of counsling or rehab before?
You very well could have died we need our livers once their gone from our stupidity then we can't get a transplant we're fucked because we did it to ourselves. Imagine if it did kill you imagine how stupid that would be your whole life justified by alcohol abuse.

Just think what would happen if you died I'm sure people would miss you and you probably have life to live you would miss out on.
It's amazing how strong the pull from drugs and alcohol is if we can almost lose our liver and die from it yet still want to get high afterwards.

Almost dying changes nothing, yet dying changes everything.

Just something to think about sorry to lecture you. I have just seen so many friends and family die from this exact illness and I myself dam near lost my liver at only age 18.

why not have a break from booze and just the occasional bit mdma or codeine, just take it ez for a whilw.

I thought MDMA had a major effect on the liver.
Maybe nitrous? :p hell I dunno.

MDMA is hard on the liver I used to take lots of that with booze and who dam it screwed up my liver big time almost as bad as the acetaminophen.

Ya that's what I was thinking. My friend used to use MDMA weekly and he warned me that the shit was NOT liver friendly and you'd think a couple tabs or whatever wouldnt be so harsh on the body but it is.

It's harsh on a lot of organs that's for sure especially the brain.

What about psychedelics? They seem to be forgotten here, but I don´t think they´re really bad for your liver, right?

well, you learn sumthin new every day. never heard of anyone fuckin their liver with e to the same extent as booze.

hmmm. I don't know if LSD has a big effect on the liver. or shrooms.
this topic requires way too much homework for me . Schools out. Best of luck with the liver situation bud.

Shrooms are a poison and are not very good for the liver either. But they are better than most drugs. Psilocybin mushrooms don't do much physical harm to the body, but it is a toxin, a fungus that has to be filtered through the liver. Which is why some get stomach aches after consuming them. Would be a better alternative than alcohol that's for sure but again I would let your body rest for a while.

Also shrooms are not for everyone lots of people can't stomach them and don't enjoy the high. Someone with liver damage from alcohol would probably get bad stomach aches from them.

I think cannabis is the best drug for him but the OP doesn't like it. I don't think he has many options besides cannabis and letting his body rest.

I supose acid isn't very hard on the body but its got its own set of problems such as being extremely hard on the brain.

Well thanks for all your replies they hit home hard. Yes I am off the booze apart from 1 drink per week to let the liver heal. I have done a few CWEs but make sure the liquid is clear befor i neck it. I tried some phenibut as I heard that hits your kidneys (dont know if this is true though if someone would fill me in on whether this is true or not)

Its a bastard knowing you cant live your life the way you have been doing for the last 20 years think I will have to find a new hobby. Well today is friday so I can wait and take my pint of strong cider to bed. Its like Angels dancing on my tounge. Thanks for some hard truths everyone.