• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it relatively safe to take 4 30/500 co codamol at once?

jessepinkman779

Greenlighter
Hi guy's

I'm new here and I just wanted a bit of advice from the more experienced users. Is it relatively safe to take 4 30/500 co codamol at once? I've taken 4 30/500 co codamol in one dose a fair few times, I get a great feeling from the 120 mg of codeine. I'm just a little worried that 2000 mg of paracetamol in one dose could cause liver failure, so would that amount in one dose be enough to cause liver failure? I also take 500 mg of NAC 3 times a day to help protect me liver. I'm also on other medications which are prescribed by my doctor, those are: Sertraline 150 mg, Seroquel 300 mg XL and atorvastatin 20 mg. I also take 1 mg of etizolam 3 times daily and have been taking etizolam for about a year. So there's a bit of background on other meds I'm taking. I've had 2 close friends die from co codamol abuse within the last 6 months, but they were both taking Massive amounts of over the counter co codamol 8/500.

So would it be safe to take 4 30/500 co codamol in one dose a couple of times a week? I know about CWE and how to do it, but it's not always easy for me to do it with my GF being around.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'd be a sneak and do the CWE while she's asleep or if I could I'd go to friends/fams house and do it.
Genetics and luck are the only reason my liver is still ok. Don't risk it. Having liver probs will make you feel sick as fuck just like withdrawals do .

I'd be a sneak and do the CWE while she's asleep or if I could I'd go to friends/fams house and do it.
Genetics and luck are the only reason my liver is still ok. Don't risk it. Having liver probs will make you feel sick as fuck just like withdrawals do .

Thanks for the fast reply VitamaN. Just to check I'm doing the CWE right this is my method:

I crush 6 30/500's into powder (I use 6 to make up for any codeine lost in the process)

I then put 40ml of tap water into a glass.

Then I pour the crushed pills into the glass and stir for about a minute.

Then I place the glass in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

I then pour the solution through a filter ( I use an old shirt)

Once filtered I squeeze the shirt to make sure I'e got everything, then I drink up.

Is that a safe CWE?

2000mg of apap is not a concern unless you're taking it on a regular basis, you probably don't need to bother with a cwe on 4 pills.

Sekio is right don't make a habit out of it but really that's not anything when taken in a one time dose. It takes years of abuse until your liver craps out unless your taking really ridiculous doses like 10 000mgs plus each day. But everybody is different and some are more sensitive to apap than others. For instance my mom has taken around 15 000mgs of apap each day for about a decade (50 325/8mg OTC codeine pills) and her liver is fine yet mine gave out from taking around 10 000mgs a day for 4-5 years. This one time dose shouldn't hurt a healthy individual but still if you make a habit out of it you may start feeling some liver pain.

2000mg of apap is not a concern unless you're taking it on a regular basis, you probably don't need to bother with a cwe on 4 pills.
Thanks for the reply. I usually just take 4 on a Saturday and the same on a Sunday. I also take NAC daily though which I believe helps support the liver.

Thanks again.

Sekio is right don't make a habit out of it but really that's not anything when taken in a one time dose. It takes years of abuse until your liver craps out unless your taking really ridiculous doses like 10 000mgs plus each day. But everybody is different and some are more sensitive to apap than others. For instance my mom has taken around 15 000mgs of apap each day for about a decade (50 325/8mg OTC codeine pills) and her liver is fine yet mine gave out from taking around 10 000mgs a day for 4-5 years. This one time dose shouldn't hurt a healthy individual but still if you make a habit out of it you may start feeling some liver pain.

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, you mention that your liver gave out. Did you have to have a transplant or?

Oh I'm sorry, I did not know we were talking about APAP ... 2000 mg isnt shit with apap and I apologize for my ignorance . I've never heard it or read it referred to as paracetamol . I do the CWE with hydrocodone and it's always over 4000 mg APAP . Shaken , not stirred

Oh my Lord this is ridiculous, the other medications you are taking are a FAR greater risk to your health and well being than 2,000 mg of APAP. That's not even above the daily recommended dose. You can take up to 4,000 mg per day according to FDA recommended limits, athough I believe that amount is not intended for daily use for years on end but as an occasional thing its nothing to worry about.

It is good that you care about yourself and want to be safe but the absurdity here is the fact that things like etizolam addiction should be of far greater concern to you than a little acetiminophen. I mean its like saying, I drink a liter of vodka a day, would it be safe for me to smoke an occasional cigarette or will I get cancer?

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, you mention that your liver gave out. Did you have to have a transplant or?

No I'm young and luckily was able to overcome acetaminophen poisoning after the hospital gave me activated charcoal orally and acetylcysteine through an IV. Today my liver feels okay I can take a Tylenol without feeling like something is seriously wrong with me but I still watch it I know how easy it is for your body to give out on you and say fuck you I ain't taking anymore abuse. Although your liver heals itself pretty dam good with time you do have to give it the chance and you don't want it to get to the point you need a liver transplant because a person popping pills like no tomorrow isn't going to be very high on the list of people waiting for a liver.

Oh my Lord this is ridiculous, the other medications you are taking are a FAR greater risk to your health and well being than 2,000 mg of APAP. That's not even above the daily recommended dose. You can take up to 4,000 mg per day according to FDA recommended limits, athough I believe that amount is not intended for daily use for years on end but as an occasional thing its nothing to worry about.

It is good that you care about yourself and want to be safe but the absurdity here is the fact that things like etizolam addiction should be of far greater concern to you than a little acetiminophen. I mean its like saying, I drink a liter of vodka a day, would it be safe for me to smoke an occasional cigarette or will I get cancer?

Yeah I ended up in the emergency room a few moths back due to benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome. I keep trying to kick the Etiz habit, but one thing or another in life kicks me in the nuts and I reach straight for the Etiz.

No I'm young and luckily was able to overcome acetaminophen poisoning after the hospital gave me activated charcoal orally and acetylcysteine through an IV. Today my liver feels okay I can take a Tylenol without feeling like something is seriously wrong with me but I still watch it I know how easy it is for your body to give out on you and say fuck you I ain't taking anymore abuse. Although your liver heals itself pretty dam good with time you do have to give it the chance and you don't want it to get to the point you need a liver transplant because a person popping pills like no tomorrow isn't going to be very high on the list of people waiting for a liver.

Yeah, I get a bit worried due to losing 2 friends in 6 months to co codamol addiction, although both of them were taking lots of illegal stuff too and both their deaths were put down to heart or organ failure. So it could of been anything that caused their deaths. Both had been abusing co codamol for around 15 years though.

Yeah I ended up in the emergency room a few moths back due to benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome. I keep trying to kick the Etiz habit, but one thing or another in life kicks me in the nuts and I reach straight for the Etiz.

Yeah I had a serious alprazolam addiction a while back, I won't even get into how awful it was to come off.

Yeah I had a serious alprazolam addiction a while back, I won't even get into how awful it was to come off.

I can imagine. One of the friends I lost recently always warned me about benzo addiction, but being the dick I am I didn't listen.

I have no personal experience with etizolam but I have read that it may induce a less severe dependence than traditional benzodiazepines, so hopefully when you do decide to come off your withdrawal won't be as bad as mine. I didn't listen to the warnings about benzo withdrawal either.

I have no personal experience with etizolam but I have read that it may induce a less severe dependence than traditional benzodiazepines, so hopefully when you do decide to come off your withdrawal won't be as bad as mine. I didn't listen to the warnings about benzo withdrawal either.

I was abusing diazepam for a while too, but my doctor found out and blacklisted me. I was pissed at him at the time, I should of stopped there. The beno you were taking is a real serious one though isn't it?

Paracetamol is the name used for acetaminophen in countries other than the US. If you're worried about your girlfriend catching you just wait until you get some alone time and do a CWE on a large amount of pills and use an exact amount of water so you can measure each glass you pour and know the dose of codeine your getting. Add some kool aid mix and sugar and your set. If you plan to use it semi regularly why even bother with acetaminophen?

Paracetamol is the name used for acetaminophen in countries other than the US. If you're worried about your girlfriend catching you just wait until you get some alone time and do a CWE on a large amount of pills and use an exact amount of water so you can measure each glass you pour and know the dose of codeine your getting. Add some kool aid mix and sugar and your set. If you plan to use it semi regularly why even bother with acetaminophen?

True. It's easy for me to do a CWE during the week I work from home and my gf is at work. However I only really bother with co codamol on the weekend. If I did a CWE on a Friday would that keep over the weekend?

Yeah, I get a bit worried due to losing 2 friends in 6 months to co codamol addiction, although both of them were taking lots of illegal stuff too and both their deaths were put down to heart or organ failure. So it could of been anything that caused their deaths. Both had been abusing co codamol for around 15 years though.

I'm sorry to hear that so many die from acetaminophen poisoning before they even realise what they are doing to their body they just think about the opiate in the pills who thinks a OTC drug as common as Tylenol would be so toxic to the body. We give it to our children and any people think nothing of it for the reason its a common OTC drug.

I'm sorry to hear that so many die from acetaminophen poisoning before they even realise what they are doing to their body they just think about the opiate in the pills who thinks a OTC drug as common as Tylenol would be so toxic to the body. We give it to our children and any people think nothing of it for the reason its a common OTC drug.

Yeah, It get me thinking why co codamol exists in the first place, I mean if doctors know there's a high risk people are going to abuse it due to the codeine why on Gods earth make it even more dangerous by adding paracetamol. Why not just prescribe codeine.