European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Throb is dead

StoneHappyMonday

Bluelighter
Robert Young, founding member of Primal Scream has passed away.

Last year he visited Addaction in Brighton, broke and broken as an alcoholic. So fucking sad.

Stick Loaded on, play loud. And please, this is an RIP thread. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

RIP Throb.

RIP......higher than the sun<3

Screamadelica blew me away when I heard it, a master piece IMO and one that crossed so many divides. I still listen to it today at the time it united people accross a wide spectrum bravely crossing both the north south divide and the raver / indie music scene....from what I witnessed.

There all just labels, Music is music ...

In homage i shall introduce my daughter to this one this evening as she is keeping an eye on me whilst Mrs A is out.

Last edited:
screamadelica.jpg

<3

alasdair

RIP <3

Been meaning to acquire that album... now would seem like a good time.

No age to die, but he obviously had his problems. I saw this coming fifteen years ago when they brought Kevin Shields in to cover up Throb's apparent lack of interest. It wasn't much of a surprise when they put him on hiatus a few years later. Shame that they couldn't have brought him back to the fold because he was apparently looking well of late and had resumed musical activity. Seems that wasn't an option.

I thought he did an excellent job playing bass on the final Felt LP, and apparently he was a sound bloke. Unlike his CEO Booby Galoshers, who is a well-known cosseted pseudo-rock-star prick.

RIP <3

Been meaning to acquire that album... now would seem like a good time.

You can have my US import copy if you like. Cheap, of course.

I don't know him but wanted to say RIP <3 n condolences to anyone who was close / knew him.

Evey

Oh damn that's sad, and way too young... Play on 'n RIP <3 thank you for your music, it left a lasting impression on me

Robert Young, founding member of Primal Scream has passed away.

Last year he visited Addaction in Brighton, broke and broken as an alcoholic. So fucking sad.

Stick Loaded on, play loud. And please, this is an RIP thread. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

RIP Throb.

only last night i was watching a programe about a homeless shelter in Cork and Kenny Morris from Siouxsie and the Banshees now resides there, he has had it rough the last few years.

Perhaps I should listen to some classic Primal Scream while I'm dancing on Paisley's grave .....