• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

opinions on my personal wd's

percojerk

Bluelighter
Long story short, my script of 10mg percocet ran out early, like 2 weeks early. I am in pain management and at about 75mg of percocet a dsy since last November. I am on hour 65 of ct withdrawal. I feel so blah and depressed. Should I be over the worst physical wd's? I feel like jumping out of my skin. Forgot what its like to wake up with no opiates. I feel like even going to get a coffee is a chore and boring being sober. I just don't want to be bothered by my fiancé or anyone for that matter. Thoughts? ?

If you thought life was boring before opiates, it gets really boring w/o opiates after you got a taste for them.......

Waiting 2 weeks to get your prescription is gonna be a long boring task. What you need to do is keep yourself active & your mind off the percs.

Try playing chess or any other game with your fiancee.......go for a jog, hit the gym.

Yea its really rough, on top of it I started with a new company 2 days ago. I feel like jumping out of my skin!

Do you have any Valium? If so, take like 2.5mg increments ......once in the morning, then as needed but don't use it every day, last thing you want is a benzo addiction.

Do you have any muscle relaxants? Those are good to use when withdrawaling.......try drinking Chamomile tea, very relaxing.......try using icey hot patches or cream where your pain is, it works. I use them, Biofreeze cream.

Tramadol or codeine would subside your perc withdrawal, if you can get it.

Try to eat healthy & light foods........

Do you have any Valium? If so, take like 2.5mg increments ......once in the morning, then as needed but don't use it every day, last thing you want is a benzo addiction.

Do you have any muscle relaxants? Those are good to use when withdrawaling.......try drinking Chamomile tea, very relaxing.......try using icey hot patches or cream where your pain is, it works. I use them, Biofreeze cream.

Tramadol or codeine would subside your perc withdrawal, if you can get it.

Try to eat healthy & light foods........
No benzo's , will try the tea though. Still feel like crawling out of my skin. Wicked down and depressed! And I am trying to hold it together at my new job I started 2 days ago

Find and read the immodium megathread. It may offer some help, just be sure to read it through so you know the in and out on immodium. As you will see it can help, but you do not want to get into taking some of the mega doses you will read about because immodium does have it's òwn wd profile.
I would not recommend it except I used it when I ran out early, and it worked, taking away 90-95% of the wd symptoms I was experiencing.

Just a suggestion I wanted to mention. But talking about megathreads, also check out the opiate withdrawal megathread for other suggestions on how to ride out the next several days until you get your next script.

Good luck, just remember that you can do this!!

With no access to benzos, you could try l-theanine and GABA as a substitute. Definitely not a replacement, but I have found the combination surprisingly anxiolytic and could help your w/d's. Last time I cold-turkeyed I smoked a ridiculous amount of weed, got lots of backrubs from my lady, and went on epic hikes. The exercise helps metabolism and is distracting, very useful. Boring, yes, still coming to terms with boredom now that i'm clean. meh...

Ok so an update. I made it till 5pm this past Friday. I was like 92 hours clean and I would say the worst physical symptoms were over. But I gotta telll ya, the depression and cravings were horrible. So I got my hand on 20 7.5 percocet. Now these will be used friday till first thing monday with an ending dose of 15mg when I first wake. Then that will be it until the 27th when I refill my script. I will use 2 pills ea dose (15mg) 3-4 times max a day until my last 2 pills monday am. So I guess my next question is, will I experience the nightmare of wd , especially the rls that I went through monday night through Friday afternoon?

I would find a way to make them last until you can get your refill. Why put yourself through the withdrawals if you don't need to?

I wish I had the will power too, but unfortunately I don't. Well I just took my last 2 pills, (15mg), and now the battle begins .

I wish I had the will power too, but unfortunately I don't. Well I just took my last 2 pills, (15mg), and now the battle begins .

god i hate this drug.

frankly if you can battle going CT for two weeks you can live without it but hey i'm not going to say stop.

my advice would be to stock up on some lopermide. 8-16mg will take the edge off quite nicely. depending on where you live you could also get codeine to live out the days of withdrawal. i don't recommend doing it and going through the loop of oxycodone addiction, but thats what helped me when i ran out from time to time while addicted to this stuff.

I just can't seem to get over the fact of taking huge doses of lopermide. I mean I have a box of it sitting here but scared of having bad or toxic reactions while taking 2x the daily dose in one shot

really won't have a toxic reaction. if you're scared build up your dose to a comfortable level. the dose is actually 2 tablets to be taken with a follow up to 1 more 4x a day, so thats 12mg total daily.

Just take 1-2 mg of loperamide and see if it helps.
You don't need to go crazy with it - it won't get you high, just ease your jangled WD feelings.

So anyone else card to give opinions particularly to my later question regarding wd symptoms after starting percocet back up after the initial physical symptoms passed.

Can you talk to your doctor about upping your dosage or quantity of medicine? Or are you just getting irresponsible with your doses so you can get high (Im not judging Im wondering what the situation is)? Running out 2 weeks early and withdrawing/scrambling for Percs for the other 2 weeks is going to get old real quick. Theres a pain management megathread in advanced drug discussion where people have tons of experience with this subject, I believe you would have a lot more luck there than BDD.

And yeah for someone who wasnt completely out of withdrawals and then relatively quickly using 20 more percs, youre WDs will come back a bit stronger than the 96-hour clean mark. Look into loperamide like everyone is saying. Ive seen countless opiate dependant individuals swear by it.

Well I get 120 10's a month and are rxed 4 a day max. However I take about 7-8. I do have legit pain but will admit I also like to get high also. I see my generous pain dr on the 11th of sept. I see her in office every 3 months and call in for refills monthy in between. She has given me my script sometimesa week eearly before. Guess I pushed it to far this month as I was like 15 days early. When the secretary called back with in the hour I knew it was bad news lol. I can fill my current script on the 27th. Its gonna be awkward my face to face visit withher on the 11th. But at that point I would hope to still have half of my script from the 27th. Thoughts?

Bump cause my post got loss . Just wanted input from you guys as I am doing awful today

Wow, calling in 15 days early is a huge flag you're abusing your meds.......
I call in 2 to 3 days before the 30 days are up.

I would be scared to call in 7 days ahead.

You either have to come clean with her & tell her you have to take more meds cause they don't work like they use to.......how long have you been on them?