• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Chewing Fentanyl Patch? Experienced people only please. Serious question.

I want to say it's higher than 50 for shore. Eat a meal that has a lot of fat in it (Just go to a fast food place and eat terribly) wait 30 minutes then snert it. That definitely raises the BA. First time I ever did opana I was eating I think around.. 12-15 norcos a day, I insufflated 5mg and felt like a god. Next thing you know I'm doing 12+ 40's a day.. -.- Whatever you do, be very careful.

Do you recommend she ask for morphine? IMO, morphine is one of the best opiates for pain & lasts a long time, but from what she's been on with dilaudid & fentanyl, she might have to take like 150 to 200mgs of morphine a day.

Do you recommend she ask for morphine? IMO, morphine is one of the best opiates for pain & lasts a long time, but from what she's been on with dilaudid & fentanyl, she might have to take like 150 to 200mgs of morphine a day.

Morphine would be like starting at square one again. It did nothing so I got percs than dilaudid. Plus I'd need like 200mg and then what increase my dose again aftet I get tolerance. All I know is this patch is garbage so I am very tempted to eat a piece. My back hurts SO bad

I have a script of 1mg dilaudid laying around. It's from like a month ago through. Idk if they'll fill it but I'm tempted. Something for breakthrough pain until I see my doc.

Get the opana... Request the sustained released as it is better to sustain a dose vs. Take a strong dose then wait until it is weak. Avoid the abuse proof endos as they don't digest well or really at all. Activa and impax both produce the old ones. While they are a lot stronger up the nose it last much shorter as well as the immediete release have to much filler to work nasally.

If you are seriously taking this for physical pain that does not improve with any other way take it as prescribed. You don't want to lose meds just because you don't follow instructions.

Edit: while you can request for opana at night and oc during the day it's best to start slow. See how opana affects you first and how the effect differs from what you expect. Again I believe it is just more sedating to the point of sleep inducing. Not exactly just more euphoria.

Edit 2: Impax is new oc. Global pharmacy is the new opana

Last edited:
Morphine would be like starting at square one again. It did nothing so I got percs than dilaudid. Plus I'd need like 200mg and then what increase my dose again aftet I get tolerance. All I know is this patch is garbage so I am very tempted to eat a piece. My back hurts SO bad

Your body chemistry possibly doesn't break down morphine too well.......since you have gone through morohine & say 200mgs of morpgine won't do much for pain & you're hurting after using fentanyl, you're ready for Opana.......ask your doctor to try Opans because fentanyl hasn't worked & you're in pain & then also get dilaudid for break through pain......but I'm pretty sure you won't need the dilaudid, Opana is very strong.

Just keep the dilaudid for a rainy day........

Forgot to mention, stay far away from Endo Opana's, they're garbage.......try to get the Global Opana's, or Actavis, they're just like the old Octogan shape Opana's which crumble up very easily.

Last edited:
Why opana and dilaudid?.... They work in the same area and would cause competition binding and whatnot I'd assume..... While I think asking for OC sustained released in minimal dose for breakthrough pain is best choice as it binds to a different opiate sub receptor it could also be red flag for abuser. It's up to op on how much they trust their doctor of course.

It seems she has a trusted relationship with her doctor, she's been given a lot of strong opiates.......

Febtanyl is a very strange drug that isn't euphoric but is a very powrrful drug for pain.

I've heard this before, but with that being said, then what is it that gives it recreational appeal?

Assuming it utterly can be solely just sedation.

I've heard this before, but with that being said, then what is it that gives it recreational appeal?

Assuming it utterly can be solely just sedation.

I don't have any experience with fentanyl, just did a lot of reading on other peoples experiences......have had several chances to try the Actavis gel patched but declined because of all the horror stories I've read on this site.

The majority of the reports I've read on fentanyl reads that it isn't too euphoric.....its very sedating & its hard to gauge because of how long it takes to kick in.

So I haven't got a chance to see my doc yet and I've been in pain, and very annoyed. Used to feeling euphoric. Not groggy.
So I went and got a script from a month ago filled of 1mg dilaudids...ew 1mg.. But whatever.
So I've taken some here and there with the 50mcg patch, and FINALLY some relief.
I have that sense of well being back again like everything is going to be okay.
So when I run out I am just going to ask my doc for my 2mgs for BT pain again. Because these with the fent makes things alot easier.
I am glad I didn;t have to resort to chewing the patch especially since there was really no advice about chewing it haha

And as for my doctor. She says "You don't look like a drug addict or that you'd abuse medication, so it's okay" She is a foreign packi Dr. But that's okay. She pretty much gives me whatever I ask for, except like a whole bunch of it.
And looks can be deceiving. The more pills you get the more your tolerance builds up. Then I'm back again. She gives me more again. I'm back again.
It's a vicious cycle and I am kinda sick of it. Then she suggested the patch. It's this stupid little rectangle thing that's see through. You can't even see it when it's on your arm, it just says fentanyl in blue letters and the substance is kinda like a glue. Could that be the reason why the patch isn't working either? It's TEVA-FENTANYL.

Yes, the adhesive/glue that releases the fent probably has a lot to do with why the patch isn't working for you. People have all sorts of problems with patches. I don't think we can go into brand discussion here, either.

Btw you wouldn't chew the patch, you'd cheek it...chewing it you'd just end up swallowing all the fent and that would be a waste. Not really safe either.

I dunno, with the fact that you snort your dillies(no hate) the doc converting you from their oral strength, she might not be giving you enough med. May need more. Who knows? Either way be careful that shit can kill you really easily if you abuse it.

For us to answer your question correctly, we need to know how long you've been on dilaudid & any other strong opiate......

How long have you been on opiates for pain? Do you snort the dilaudid, shoot it, or take it orally?

16mgs of dilaudid = 96mgs of oxycodone=128mgs of morphine= 25mcg of fentanyl patch

is this really true, so my one 25mcg fent patch is the equiv of 96mgs of oxycodone

I find with oxy and dilaudid I nodd sometimes but once I get past that Ia wide awake, talkative and rushy. Sorry so many questions, is opana kinda like that though? I just don't want to keep asking my doc for things that aren't working :(
We've switched my meds and doses sooo many times.

I am also a chronic pain patient and get pretty high powered meds. I think you and me were on these forums a few months ago when we were both asking questions about the patches. I as trying them for the first time and it only took me two days of hell and horror to tell my Dr to switch me back. I am almost positive I had a kind of allergic reaction to mine though.

Anyways, I know the difference between taking pain meds for chronic pain relief and taking them for the relief but still wanting that great noddy, rushy, euphoric feeling. And I'm going to tell you right now that as a CCP you are going to have to make a choice. Do you want consistent pain relief or do you want to get high?

I'm pretty sure that the patches are working on your pain but you think they are junk because you aren't getting any of the warm fuzzy feelings you are used to feeling with other meds. To be honest, if you take your meds for pain relief and relief only, after the first few days, you won't get that feeling from any pain med anymore, but it will still do the job of relieving the pain. It will end up being like taking a Tylenol or some Ibuprofen. It will reduce the pain but it won't get you high. You will still eventually develop a tolerance, but strictly for pain relief, you can be on an opiate for months or even years before it genuinly stops working for the pain and you need to rotate or increase your dose.

Your going through your meds so fast chasing that good feeling and the feeling of being 100% pain free all the time that your tolerance is going up too fast. Your tolerance to being able to achieve 100% pain relief and your tolerance to getting euphoria, not a tolerance to the pain relieving properties.

As a person with chronic pain, you have to come to accept that being 100% pain free is not going to happen. Not if you want any of these meds to work for you in the years to come. I'm not preaching, I also like being completely pain free and feeling all warm and fuzzy. But I also know that I'm going to have to deal with some amount of pain most of the time and I had to make reducing my pain my only goal and decide that feeling okay most of the time was more important than feeling awesome some of the time and feeling like hell the rest of the time because of running out early, building a tolerance, and being mad because I couldn't be 100% pain free.

I will tell you right now that Opana is great for pain relief. It's also one of the best feeling drugs you can get. If you use it right, it will help with the pain and your quality of life will improve. If you insist on chasing that great feeling and being totally pain free, it will be great for a minute, just like all the other meds you have tried. The only difference is that after Opana, like heroin, once you build a tolerance to that, nothing else is ever going to come close to treating your pain. I read somewhere that Opana is 5 times stronger than heroin. I've tried both and I believe it.

And please don't chew those patches. If you do, you are only going to jack your tolerance to that up to so that won't work at all for you at the doses you are supposed to take. And that's if your lucky. If your not lucky, you are going to accidentally OD and end up dead.

Fentanyl Euphoric?

This thread is a little old but I am in the beginning stages of recovering from eating/chewing/ingesting 100mcg Fentanyl Patches up to 3 per day . You have to be very careful, have a very high tolerance and there are several different kinds that will react differently when taken orally. Mylan Patches will release relatively slow and last longer, gel and foil types will release almost everything instantly, high chance for overdose. If you are still wanting more info please reach out to me, this was my vice for the past year and a half. I posted another thread about my entire addiction in the withdrawal mega thread section, if you're interested. Fentanyl slows the breathing for many but also boost energy for some, depends on the person, I guess. I will tell you this though I feel bad because when my pill popping friends would run out and ask for help and all I had was patches. Every single one turned to Fentanyl orally and said it was the best high they ever experienced. And it will own you. But even with an opiate dependent person let's say taking 15 norcos or 160mg OC's a day. I would only cut them like an 1/8" inch of a 100mcg patch for there first time orally and every one said it was the best high they have ever felt not only euphoric but would give them tons of energy.

Last edited: