• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man executed with hydromorphone and midazolam takes 2 hours to die, gasps 660 times

Carfentanil was the one used in the Russian theatre hostage crisis. That would do the job.

Jesus 750 mg of Hydromorphone is a massive dose! I wonder if they weren't in the vein? Seems like a quarter of that dose would be fatal alone rather yet mixed with midazolam. Something is not right about that I hope there is a federal I vestigation to find out wtf happened.

Knowing how unionized they are they probably just lied. As far as I know that dose IM would still have been fatal in 15-30 minutes.

Maybe one of the prison guards is a junkie? It's not uncommon for nurses/doctors to skimp painkillers, so it's completely plausible the CO wanted to skim some meds to either sell or get high.

48 milligrams for me, 2 milligrams for the prisoner.
48 milligrams for me, 2 milligrams for the prisoner
48 milligrams for me, 2 milligrams for the prisoner. Probably thinking "fuck this guy anyway".

Honestly, imo this dude's death was completely painless. Every time i've OD'ed all I feel is painful itchy overpovering euphoria. Like an allergic reaction itchy, sudden, overwhelming intense itchy over my chest, neck and face. (That itch means I'm about to overdose 99/100 times) Then light headed with a euphoria that feels a little too intense even for a seasoned junkie.....then absolutely nothing. While unconscious I was gasping and making a sound like I was snoring and crying at the same time (so I was told). Then I'd wake up with the paramedics above me. Completely painless besides the itch and a fleeting fear.

"Fuuuuck....I'm itchy...oh...fuck. I think I took too muuu..." And fade to black.

In terms of physical pain, I am sure there was none. In terms of mental pain/terror, I am not convinced there was not a considerable amount. It is impossible to determine how conscious he was during this whole thing, I think slowly suffocating for two fucking hours knowing that this feeling has been induced because the State is trying to kill you would be a pretty fucking terrifying experience, whether you happened to physically feel warm and fuzzy at the same time is not particularly relevant.

I do think that your hypothesis of a CO stealing a great deal of the drugs used in this execution and subsequently diluting them is highly probable though, I mean, at first I just thought they totally skimped on how much meds they used to put the guy out, but 750mg a piece of a strong opioid and a strong benzodiazepine is just ridiculous, I would imagine even hardcore heroin addicts would fall out from a fraction of that dose.

I've never had midazolam but i have shot over 50mg's of hydromorphone in one go and did regularly for about 6 months or so. It seems like a ridiculous dose and i seriously doubt anyone in prison could afford a smack habit that would get them anywhere near that level of tolerance but if like me you had a near unlimited supply you can certainly do it. However i certainly would imagine that the 50mg's of midaz would kill me taken with the dilly.

I am going with someone ripped off the dope. It happens all the time in hospitals and well prisons as we all know are far more corrupt places.

I was also thinking, what's the biggest bottle of iv/im they make? Most injectable opis come in fairly small bottles. Was there someone like emptying the vials into a bucket or something? All the dilly vials I've had have been like 2 or 4 mg per ml

Honestly, imo this dude's death was completely painless. Every time i've OD'ed all I feel is painful itchy overpovering euphoria. Like an allergic reaction itchy, sudden, overwhelming intense itchy over my chest, neck and face. (That itch means I'm about to overdose 99/100 times) Then light headed with a euphoria that feels a little too intense even for a seasoned junkie.....then absolutely nothing. While unconscious I was gasping and making a sound like I was snoring and crying at the same time (so I was told). Then I'd wake up with the paramedics above me. Completely painless besides the itch and a fleeting fear.

"Fuuuuck....I'm itchy...oh...fuck. I think I took too muuu..." And fade to black.

I don't know what happened in my case but when I OD'd on a benzo + opioid combo, I blacked out, but before that I was struggling to breathe while downing some caffeine pills in a vain attempt to avoid nodding to death. Perhaps it happened that way because I didn't inject at the time.

Edit - Then again, who knows whether the ~500mg of caffeine I ingested made the difference between life and death?

I was also thinking, what's the biggest bottle of iv/im they make? Most injectable opis come in fairly small bottles. Was there someone like emptying the vials into a bucket or something? All the dilly vials I've had have been like 2 or 4 mg per ml

I don't know heaps about lethal injection but always pictured it a different way. I always had this kinda image of a few small containers/reservoirs, each with their respective solution that is a part in the death inducing process (iirc they used to use 3 different drugs) and a little plastic tube out of each one that all lead to the same IV line, and the executioner would just press one or several buttons and each subsequent reservoir would have a little pump that pushed the solution down the line into the condemned's veins until the res was empty. Don't know why I have this image but I have always imagined this is the method employed, rather than drawing mL doses out of sealed vials and using a syringe to pump the solution into the IV.

If I had to delve into it I would say the reason I have always felt they used lethal injection over other methods was it seemed more dissociated than other execution methods, like the drugs kill the condemned not the executioner, by placing the deadly fluids in reservoirs and having pumps fill the persons veins with poison you further remove the human element of killing.

No ur right about thee way they have pumps with tubing going through a wall then into the patient.

What I was getting at is did they bring in a 2 liter of hydromorphone? With the insane amount they used someone has to have been refilling the drugs. I've only seen dilaudid in 2mg per ml vials I don't know if they make like a concentrated 20mg per ml or something, but since dilly is pretty strong its usually in small vials in medical settings. Like most morphime vials are 10mg per ml and are only like a ml. I was given a ten ml bottle so 100mgs of morphine.

But they had to have that hydro solution super concentrated.

Edit. I read thru again and saw they make a dilaudid HP that is 50mg per ml. So since they had to hit him with 50 fifteen times someone must have been dipping a little out. You'd think even that much given im would kill him.

We have soany ways to kill ppl why is this so hard? Humans love inventing new and inventive ways to kill ppl lol

Last edited:
^ It's the Government, they will be buying the drugs straight from the manufacturer, I imagine they could easily get any quantity in any dose form they liked, I really don't picture them emptying out a bunch of small vials for an execution.

Even if they were using the strongest commercially available solution they could pump a shitload of it into you over 2 hours.

We have soany ways to kill ppl why is this so hard? Humans love inventing new and inventive ways to kill ppl lol

doctors and nurses are not allowed to participate due to the hipocratic oath. so you end up with prison guards with a little bit of EMT training coming up with the procedures to kill them. The room for error is huge. Plus they are probably sociopaths anyway to want to be on the execution team. Also the reason they changed the drug combo is that the companies that sold the old execution drugs now refuse to sell it to the states due to there moral objection to lethal injection.

doctors and nurses are not allowed to participate due to the hipocratic oath. so you end up with prison guards with a little bit of EMT training coming up with the procedures to kill them. The room for error is huge. Plus they are probably sociopaths anyway to want to be on the execution team. Also the reason they changed the drug combo is that the companies that sold the old execution drugs now refuse to sell it to the states due to there moral objection to lethal injection.
Yes I have def heard some horror stories like putting IVs in going the wrong way, half misses. And I don't blame docs and nurses for being against it, they are there to help. I know about the euro drug companies not selling the barbs needed for the traditional cocktail but you'd have to figure the gov could have some pharm companyake a few kilos of it.

Yes I have def heard some horror stories like putting IVs in going the wrong way, half misses. And I don't blame docs and nurses for being against it, they are there to help. I know about the euro drug companies not selling the barbs needed for the traditional cocktail but you'd have to figure the gov could have some pharm companyake a few kilos of it.

At this point if they'll resort to this bullshit (that shows how the dangers of opi + benz is exagerated btw), why don't the US opens a nationalized company (the dirty words!!!) that makes just that, sodium penthotal, if the Danish companies won't sell it anymore.

^ wise words.
I wonder how many people incarcerated in the US are there for...drugs such as hydromorphone and midazolam?
Sick and hypocritical on so many levels.

I sincerely hope this madness prompts a strong push for legislative change.

Heh, made me snicker, guy was selling dilaudid and exalgo, would have been able to kill himself more efficiently out of prison with the stuff than these barbarians.