• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Etizolam not working?

HardstyleAssault

Greenlighter
Hey guys. New here lol. I just received my first blister pack of Consern Etizest-1 from a US online vendor that seems reputable. I've been struggling with alcoholism for 3 or so years due to developed anxiety but that's starting to have a toll on my body (I'm 25). I don't have insurance currently so I've came across a few reports of how etizolam cut back their alcoholism due to the similar effects it has on the brain as alcohol. Sounds like a miracle right?! I'm not trying to substitute alcohol to get "fucked up" on something else, I was hoping the anti-anxiety effects would calm me enough to where I don't feel the need to drink. I never got wasted, just a consistent buzz that would allow me to come out of my shell and socialize or get motivation to get things done. I would binge every night or day if I could and take a few days off but then I would most likely get minor withdrawals and severe insomnia. So the night I got them i took my first 1mg pink Etizest pill. I didn't feel any noticeable effects then took another 2 hours later...2 hours later, nothing and it was time for bed. Guess I slept well but it's hard to tell cuz I had been able to sleep alright for the prior few nights. Couple days later (today) when I didn't work I tried during the day, ended up taking 3mg and I still didnt feel any effects and now I'm drinking again. What's the deal? I have no benzo experience at all so tolerance should be nonexistent. Perhaps a different brand? Maybe the sublingual kind? Any help is appreciated cuz the alcohol NEEDS to go. Thank you

Some people insist they aren't able to feel the effects of etizolam, yet they blackout, slur their speech, have terrible accidents and come to internet message boards posting about how useless etizolam is. Please be careful with this drug, it's a real disaster drug for some. I think a doctor would recommend diazepam over etizolam if you want to get professional help.

What's your benzo tolerance like? Did you use them sublingually or swallow them whole? Under the tongue they should take effect a bit faster. Also depends if you have food in your stomach. Either way, you should have felt a little something taking 3 mg.

No tolerance when first taking em. First time trying benzos in my life lol. I swallowed them whole and .... Nothing that I could notice. Speech was fine coordination was fine, remember everything. I did give one to a friend and it knocked him out cold and he doesn't remember taking one so they must work. Professional help would be great if I had insurance. I just ordered the mouth dissolving kind so maybe they'll have better results

Etizolam (as well as other benzos) can have pretty subtle effects to those not used to their effects. Seeing as you've likely got a reasonable tolerance to alcohol, some of this will transfer to benzos as well. 1mg to me only produces very subtle effects, 2mg taken at the same time will have me pretty buzzed about 2 hours into it. 5mg and above and I will be staggering about the place and have only hazy memories of what I did.

Benzos work in a similar manner to alcohol, but their effects are different and you will be disappointed if you are expecting to feel "drunk" of them. Look for a feeling of calm, and try to notice your muscles relaxing, that's a sign etizolam is doing its job!

Good answer St3ve. It's really quite amazing how much the subjective efficacy of etizolam can vary between individuals. I was able to feel 1mg strongly from the very first time, my girlfriend too, she was having trouble staying upright on 1mg. Yet I've read countless times, anecdotes of people who've taken upwards of 10mg and say they couldn't feel it, although they sometimes later report anterograde amnesia.

Last edited:
It's unquestionably a drug with major effects on the body and mind. It's just that those effects don't include euphoria, which is the result most people are looking for. Frankly I don't find it that anxiolytic either, but everyone seems to experience benzos differently.

Perhaps a different benzo is in order.Doldrugs is right about people experiencing benzos differently.For exampl,I know people who swear by Klonopin yet I find them to be useless.I swear by Xanax and know others who hate it.If Etizolam isn't working for you(I've personally never had it)you may find Valium or Ativan to be more effective.Personally,I think nothing beats Xanax for anxiety/panic attacks.You may prefer a different one.Hopefully you can find a doctor who is sympathetic to your predicament and will help you find the right one for you.

Thanks for the responses and the helpful info guys. I got the MD ones, took a total of 3 while I was trying to get some sleep without alcohol. I slept through the entire night, usually I wake up every couple hours, but felt SO groggy after the rare full nights rest. Holy shit I now know what true grogginess is. Felt heavy and just wanted to collapse. It only lingered for about an hour though. Then the next day I decided to try a couple in the afternoon because I was getting anxious and wanted to drink, and nothing still ended up drinking after giving it a few hours to take effect. Maybe my GABA receptors are suppressed from so much alcohol use but I refuse to try ridiculous doses of this Etiz. Basically I just want off the alcohol and be clean but I feel mentally dependant on it. It sucks :/

I feel pathetic having to discuss about this because most people are smart enough not to become hooked on something but I fell victim to it

^try campral, best medication i've tried for alcoholism (not recreational btw.) maybe combine with kratom for the anxiety. if you're physically hooked on alcohol start on campral and wean off with etizolam.

campral basically makes alcohol unenjoyable, but it's not like antabuse (which i would never recommend anyone take.) alcohol won't poison you if you're on campral but it's not satisfying.

^would that be effective? I'm not physically addicted to alcohol just mentally but I get the mild withdrawal symptoms sometimes that have some physical discomfort. Worst I've had was shaking, muscle twitching, sweats accompainied by pretty bad psychological mania

I just want off it! It's ruining my life I'm only 25 I'm not addicted to anything else and it's destroying my quality of life!

If it's psychological addiction then the only remedy is psychological change. Sorry but giving up anything isn't easy.

Alcohol is what I feel I need first thing when I wake up and all day. It's getting to the point I'm willing to quit my job just so I can drink. I'm in a terrible spot. I'm fucked. Thanks for all helpful info though, guys!

Hello hard, I also had a terrible drinking problem when I was around your age. It ended with me in the hospital in intractable pain and I was finally diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis. The pain never ends bro so try to chill with the booze if possible. I didn't think shit like this could happen cause I had never even heard of it, but it did.
I too tried the etiz and the first few worked but after that, nada. I forgot if they worked, pretty fucked up, lol. Just be really careful with those cause benzo addiction really sucks.
I noticed you said your not physically addicted to booze, but from the symptoms you describe I believe you are. I'm not trying to act like a prick but I've been there brother, it's a shit time.
I used alcohol for the same exact reason as you. I was always shy as a kid and the booze turned me into a normal person that could function in society. It's not worth the price though. In the end you end up more physically and psychologically damaged than you started at.
The etiz will stop working! Right now your just doing a switcheroo, I did the same but with opiates as my drug of choice. Benzos were cool but I eat them at a massive clip after a bit and end up losing days.
Try not to drink while taking the etiz! This will cause some crazy problems and will definitely lead to blackouts. I know it's all easier said than done though.
You gotta get ahold of the drinking bro. Your already trying and that's awesome so just stay on that path. Find things to fill your time if u can, it's hard though I definitely know. Just be very careful with the etiz bro. You can't really feel them so it's very very easy to abuse and not even realize your doing it.
I'm trying to think of what helped me quit the booze but I can't really put a finger on it. I liked opiates but didn't have a connect back then so while I liked them I couldn't substitute full time and you really don't wanna fuck around with that shit anyways, shit is no fucking joke.
I ate a lot when I got back from the hospital and really after the pain I was in and ten day in the hospital I just quit. The pain was just to unbelievable and I never forgot it. That's what it took for me to quit and I pray it doesn't get that far for you.
Have you applied for Medicaid? If not you really need to do so. This was a great help to me and it wasn't really hard at all. I never really thought I needed it at all, but without it idk where I'd be today.
Well I'll stfu now. I saw your post and it reminded me if where I was at 13 years ago so I kinda felt a kinship and a need to respond to your post. Us drunks gotta stick together lol. Ttyl brother, good luck and god bless...

I feel pathetic having to discuss about this because most people are smart enough not to become hooked on something but I fell victim to it

You shouldn't. A lot of society views addiction through a moral lens but it's artificial. People like to look down on others to make themselves feel better, that's all there is to it.

Just be very careful if you use benzos or kratom to get off booze. These are powerful, addictive drugs in their own right.