• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

It's just that I've found MXE (dissos in general but especially MXE) to be wonderful launch pads for tryptamines. Take like 20, 25mg of MXE, and then a dose of a tryptamine, and the tryptamine goes deeper, more comfortably. I don't think to myself, wow, it feels like MXE and a tryptamine... it just feels like the tryptamine is primed and smoother.

I understand, I'm just saying with DPT you might rob yourself of some of the important aspects by attempting to smooth it out. I'd save the MXE for the next time. I'd also shoot for the full breakthrough instead of taking 50mg or so, although I can understand wanting to test the waters before going that far. Given all your experience I think you'd be robbing yourself by not shooting for a breakthrough your first time with it. Do what feels right, you know yourself better than anyone.

I have tried with and without the disso, and I didnt find any dampening of the clarity; the DPT does overpower the disso as it should, but the disso smoothes the funky waves of the come-up and then disappears into a transparent window pane offering a layer of perspective and shielding without losing any light.
I agree about the idea of the disso as a 'launchpad'. Instead of the awkward shift to hyperdimensional consciousness like a 'breaking' through cracks, it feels much more like a frictionless 'slipping into' extra dimensions. For many tryptamines I find there are bunch of unnecessary autonomic physical responses on the come-up that seem to be bypassed through dissociation (almost like the body thinks it has been poisoned and gives that queezy ungrounded feeling). Last night I dosed 4-aco-dmt while on the second half of an O-PCE dose, and wow, more in common with a 3 hour DMT trip than a mushroom trip. Within 15 minutes of dosing my phase synchronization started slipping hard with a couple minutes of funky wavering before I found my 'sea legs', and instead of the shift being uncomfortable as it would be without a disso, it was just funny. And then I went into a series of mini holes for a couple hours. Anyway, I got slightly off topic by now, but yes the trypta-disso combo has many synergies.

I went into DPT expecting white light and to be handed a Torah. Instead it scared the living daylights outta me and inspired me to write Damn Powerful Tryptamine.

Nevertheless subsequent exposures at lower levels and different methods of administration proved more favorable. Finally, vaping the freebase a decade after my first try was very pleasurable.

If there is one conclusion to be made about dpt....is that it is strong stuff. I'd recommend careful titration and not jumping in at 100mg like I did. I find 30mg vaped or IMed plenty adequate.

is dpt a useful psychedelic in terms of headspace? problem solving? therapy tool? shift in perspective?

from reading most of these reports, it sounds like more of a novelty psychedelic (albeit a very powerful novelty)...

id really like to try it one day, but atm, unless it has potential for being as useful or moreso than mushrooms or lsd, i dont think i necessarily NEED it.

sounds hella crazy and fun, tho.

*edit*

what about the melded egos/ shared consciousness realm/ interconnectiveness of all things mind-state?

is dpt a useful psychedelic in terms of headspace? problem solving? therapy tool? shift in perspective?

IME absolutely, yes. It offers a unique perspective amongst psychedelics, and is a deepdive.

from reading most of these reports, it sounds like more of a novelty psychedelic (albeit a very powerful novelty)...

id really like to try it one day, but atm, unless it has potential for being as useful or moreso than mushrooms or lsd, i dont think i necessarily NEED it.

sounds hella crazy and fun, tho.

I wouldn't call it a novelty psychedelic. To me a novelty psychedelic would be something like DiPT or nitrous. DPT is a heavy-duty magical badass fairy dust reality/illusion dissolver. "Fun" wouldn't be my first descriptor. Depends what you call fun though. It's no carnival ride, it's a fucking trip for sure.

I don't think you necessarily *need* it, but I'm very glad to have it on the roster. It's unique.

what about the melded egos/ shared consciousness realm/ interconnectiveness of all things mind-state?

I didn't find it to be that sort of a vibe to it, but perhaps I've just never gone there with it. It somehow seems more concerned with the multiplicity of all things, the crazy complexities of reality and the stark truth of the matter.

thank you for that.

so far, i really like 4-aco-dpt, and can see some similarity between my experiences with it, and ppls reports of dpt (particularly the alien intelligence creeping in).

i still have some of that 21yo psychonaut self in me, itching to try new things for the experience, but lately i want things for truly helping myself and others grow towards greatness. sounds like dpt may have a little of both columns.

my partner had a rather intense (but not psychedelic) experience with dpt.

she and i decided to go a bit under the low end of the "common" oral dosage as listed on erowid, so i measured about 275 mg,
and began trying to dissolve it in distilled water.
it took adding some lukewarm water, but probably 80% of it dissolved,
before i added lemon juice, which seemed to take it pretty close to 99% dissolved.
i decided this was close enough, added oranje juice, and did the ol' back and forth between cups thing, until i was satisfied with the percieved homogeny.

t+0

i divided the juice evenly, and we imbibed.

she was quite put off by the bitterness, but i couldnt taste it at all (maybe this shoulda tipped me off to something amiss, but i have a teflon tongue when it comes to bitter, so i thought nothing of it)

we go to the kitchen so she can have a bit off food.

t+30min

she uttered a strong "uh-oh", and i knew it was time to move to the bedroom. i was feeling nothing, save for a slight probably placebo effect (it wouldnt truly reveal itself to me as a mere +1 until another half hour from then, but this is about her experience)

we make it upstairs, and apparently the body load is very uncomfortable for her.

i decided to go quickly finish cleaning up the mess in the kitchen, and make it back into the room (not even 3 minutes prolly), and shes in the fetal position sobbing.

---

t+45min

i stay with her and try to comfort her as best as i can, fearing for her mental well-being. it turned out to be mostly physical/ emotional rather than psychotomimetic like i was VERY afraid of, but i just had to reassure her that she wasnt gonna die, and when the drug was out of her system, she would be back to her chipper self.

theres a lot of "this is too much" and "never again" and a WHOLE lotta "NONONONONO!"

she vomited up her dinner, and mostly lay on the floor. at one point, she exclaims something about how she doesnt want me to touch her (i later asked her to expound, apparently its like when someone surprises you on the back with ice, except it was a warmth and not a cold)

at one point, to paraphrase her: "why would people take this drug? feels terrible, and theres nothing enlightening happening in my head!" apparently her trip was nearly 100% nasty body load (no psychedelic "trip" whatsoever to speak of, except for a few visual phenomena)

eventually, she asked me about trazodone (she has some for veryoccasional help with insomnia/ depression). my first instinct is not to mix serotonin receptor ligands we know little about, but after some internet searches, and no benzos, we give it a shot (100mg @t+1hr15min, or thereabouts)

twenty more minutes of extreme awful bad bad crying, then she suddenly seemed placid. in another 20 minutes, she was laughing at fart jokes (still felt like shit, tho, apparently)

---

some notes:

"feeling of dread, never gonna end, like something bad was getting ready to happen"

she also says that the tears were not really hers; like the drug itself was activating her "now you must cry" receptors. there apparently was an intense fear response her body had to go through (mgs "damn powerful tryptamine", anyone?)

she likens the bodyload to the feeling on acid (mushrooms, etc...) where one gets the tingles/ nervous tension, and the feeling of needing to poop, pee, eat, vomit, scream, die, etc... im sure you know the feeling... that "everything in the world what are we gonna do omgz lol" feeling, but times a million, and all negative.

oh, and as for the visual phenomena, once she could lay on her side and really look at things, she said everything was in HD. and there was a random aleve pill on the floor, and she said that as she would try to focus on it, the pill would disappear and reappear over and over.

she never did muster up the strength to make it up onto the bed, so we slept on the floor, and the next day everything was back to normal (back to her old chipper self lol, save for a fairly solid aversion to dipropyltryptamine), aside from some SERIOUS diarrhea that smelled like base tryptamines.

---

so i can think of two reasons for this: 1) dpt is VERY unpredictable from person to person, or 2) the cold orange juice kicked the dpt out of solution, and she got a much bigger pie slice than i did (but why would an excess of acid in water kick a water soluble salt out of solution?)

Last edited:
after reading more reports, and reminiscing about past trips, and after what happened to my partner, im gonna hesitate on my research with this one. i am pretty afraid of the possibility of bringing back old schizoid behavior from difficult to integrate past experiences with dmt and mushrooms (also probably cannabis and salvia)

perhaps once im cozy. i already have a person that wants to take it for their own research, so that makes it easy.

In my experience smoking low doses (even worked with the hcl, but I would not repeat it, since I value my lung function nowadays) and titrating is much more gentle regarding the otherworldly body load than snorting 80-100mg or taking it orally with MAOI.

is smoking dpt freebase like smoking dmt freebase (in regards to tolerance)?

ie, will i be able to try again right away, or will i need to wait a week?

is smoking dpt freebase like smoking dmt freebase (in regards to tolerance)?

ie, will i be able to try again right away, or will i need to wait a week?

I could go back right away although I would usually wait about an hour in between sessions (or more). Be careful with it and go slowly. It isn't like DMT where it all has to be done in one shot/a few tokes. Also, it smells awful so if you don't want it to linger in the house it might be best to do it outside. I vaped some out of a home made bulb once and the wind blew just a tiny amount through the door. It stunk up the house so badly that someone inquired about what the hell I'd been smoking a few hours later.

Oh speaking of this one I made a mistake about a week ago. I gave away an old pipe I'd had for years to a close friend. There was old weed packed in the bowl half-burnt. I advised my friend it was probably best to dump it because it was really old. Well, they smoked it instead. It caused great distress in them for about an hour. I later realized that it was a pipe I'd been smoking DPT base out of many years ago and that's why so much old weed was left in it. Need to be more careful. They were fine and I was honestly surprised that it was still even active after all these years. Had I known what I had I'd have probably smoked it myself.

Subjectively for me it smeels nice, but it is a very harsh odor (smoked the unadulterated hcl) which remembers one of gasoline. It smells/tastes far better than the drip from snorting big amounts anyway. I smoked it in a bong but I was young and careless back then.

so id started a freebasing experiment a week or two ago, and decided to make an attempt

(in case anyone cares, ill share the method at the end of the post)

i gathered what i could (it took dragging lavender flowers through the oil until i was satisfied with the amount), probably 20-40mg (im not even gonna think about how futile weighing this stuff is)

setup: dim bathroom, this time with traditional zen music, this time with a green hue to the room, rather than red like my last experiment. (i think the same teal i get from 4-aco-dpt is definitely in favor with dpt, as well)

method: meth style oil burner (u know the type...) and a jet lighter, circled the lavender flowers a few times, then went for it. took a total of three decent hits, but the lavender flowers had begun combustion by the third.

if smoking a cig of chamomile (trust me... incredibly harsh) is a 10, and smelling a rose is a zero, i would say smoking the hcl is an 8 and the vaping of the freebase is a 1. seriously, smooth and delicious. 95%thc wishes it were nearly this easy on the lungs/ throat...

the experience: i started to feel that familiar glide into tryptamine soup feeling, with the chill body amazingness ive come to know from my few, modest dpt trials. no visuals, and i lay back on the floor, chilling with the music.

i see a face in a hanging towel that i begin conversing with in my head, which when i assess it, is actually a bit unnerving.

i decided i actually wanted to jump into the shower at this point, and i think im peaking (i was...)

the body high is amazing (fwir, kinda like a subtle version of the space-electricity-emotional-orgasmism ive had from dmt, plus somewhere around the drunken/ goofy feeling of a mushroom comeup (eth-lad certainly shares a bit of this, and i think the dpt is more loosy-goosy, like eth-lad, rather than awkward, like mushrooms can be in my body)

i also feel an empathogenic feeling that makes me want to chew/ suck my mouth into oblivion, although not really a mood lift, and no stimulation (if 4-aco-dpt lost its peripheral stimulation, and had a slightly more euphoric high, these drugs might be indistinguishable at the +2 level, where i think this experience reached)

i almost felt as though i was slipping into a hypnagogic type state, only without feeling like i was gonna fall asleep, and hella euphoric. havent had such a good body high since a year or two ago when opioids started giving me sciatica

holy fuck i love to ramble.

anyway, i finished off what i could get out of my evap vessel, and i was able to get two more peaks, and even feel like i hit a +3 in the last peak (i guess piggybacking after a peak is a thing, not just a redose but a rise in intensity)

the trip seems to go like this: mentally gentle comeup with a huge body high that borders on anxiety attack that subsides into an incredible euphoria with maybe a bit of that tryptamine magic-thought, and a tiny bit of visuals. cannabis (smoked after the third peak) really brings out the classic fractal geometry infinity patterns in the natural grains of everything, but still no color enhancement. i became focused, and although the dpt gave me some light comedy, the real profound absurd hilarity i get from tryptamines came out once i smoked the pot.

if id taken acid, i would say i skated around at a high +2, but i have a feeling that this is just the beginner's course for dpt...

?????????????′

**for those that want to know**

so my freebase technique is simple, gathered from internet reading:

dissolve dpt hcl in water, slowly pour in household ammonia until a precipitate forms (i guess this is what ppl call an "emulsion" since now the dpt freebase is suspended as tiny beads in the water, visible as the cloud that should have just formed)

now the tricky part: if youre lucky to have 96% pure dpt, you might be able to get it to cake up on itself, a-la crack, but if you have some stuff that basically will not coalesce into one chunk of stuff, you need a non-polar solvent.

i stupidly forgot about my dmt extracting days, and went for xylene (heavy and hard to evap) instead of vm&p naphtha (what you want, unless you can source lab grade (n)hexane or (n)pentane... vm&p naphtha is just a not-so-lab-grade mix of both, and i think their isomers)

take the dpt "emulsion" and in a good vessel for shaking (hopefully made of glass or polypropylene which is fairly chem resistant), add the non-polar solvent of choice, shake, and let the layers settle.

if you have a separatory funnel (hopefully you know how to get a free amine if you use lab glassware) lucky you...

for everyone else, there are two easy methods i can think of...

A) careful not to disturb the bottom layer, suck up the np solvent layer thats on top of the water (turkey baster if its a large amount, oral syringe or micropipette if small amount)... squirt into a proper evaporation vessel, and repeat a few more times.

B) get a nice big freezer bag, hang it over a sink with a bottom corner facing straight down... let the layers separate, and poke said bottom corner to slowly drain the water layer. make sure to watch closely so u dont waste any dpt by letting the top layer drain... CATCH it and move your dpt solvent to another freezer bag (im sure these solvents are not great for plastic bags), repeat until your ocd is sated or you stop smelling cat-pee, move to evap vessel.

evaporate the non-polar solvent, leaving beads of oil everywhere

*** theres more to it than "evap and smoke"

for those that want to be super clean, get you some 99% isopropyl (i think 91% will do) alcohol, and dissolve the dpt again (after the n.p.solvent is evaporated) in the rubbing alcohol.

by evaporating, dissolving again in isopropyl and repeating, not only can you manipulate your dpt into one puddle, but according to greywolf at skunkpharmresearch (the man when it comes to cannabis resin purification), the non-polar solvent should be totes gone by the third alcohol evaporation.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of buying 250 mgs of DPT to try. A lot of people say that it produces scarier visions then DMT, but readin through here people seem to enjoy it. I really want to use it to breakthrough. I made a thread about 4 aco DMT and breakin through by using it IV. Can't seem to find any info on that either, just a couple of threads where the only person to try it was the OP....

i would recommend getting more than 250mg. ppls experiences are all over the place... in terms of dosage, favored roa, etc... i would recommend getting enough that you can titrate carefully and still have enough for future experiments.

Ok....so maybe 500 mgs to a gram? It's not that expensive, I don't mind scooping some up.

But 250 mgs seems a lot....I honestly don't think I'd waste good pure tryptamines by trying to vape them, I'd probably burn it. I think I'm gonna go IV when I do try. That way I should be guaranteed a good breakthrough, and as long as I don't IV something crazy like 200 mgs and start low I should be ok I

Last edited:
someone that knows more than me will hopefully chime in, but i've heard that IM is superior to IV with DPT.

I actually ordered 250 mgs of this, for an insanely low price, ( the reason I got it).

I've been reading conflicting reports when it comes to dosages. I would be using the DPT via intramuscular injection. I really enjoy 4 aco DMT IM.

I just hear a lot of people say dpt produces more frightening visions then DMT or 4 aco DMT. I personally would probably chalk it up to mind set....for me personally, all the lysergamides feel the same, and take me to the same place, the only thing being different for me is the dosage weight of the chemical. I feel the same way about tryptamines for the most part, or at least, IV 4 aco DMT felt just like smoked NN DMT to me

Edit: Does anyone know how this would store in water? Could I dissolve 250 mgs in water to so I can measure my doses without weighing individual doses?

Last edited:
IM seems like it would be a great ROA for this. I've never felt quite comfortable enough about the purity to do it, but I think it would totally be the way to go.

If you store it in water it should be sterilized water. I don't know how it would store in water in terms of stability. It certainly would be less stable in water than stored dry. I'd probably just weigh out individual doses when I needed them and not store it in a water solution tbh.