• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

Man I really need to try DPT soon. I've always been nervous about it because of its reputation but I think I'm gonna love it. Tonight I might try MPT though, smoked, if my friend wants to, I'm gonna go over to his place to hang out.

I get why many people dislike DPT, but those people just don't understand it. Yes, the DPT experience can be dark and terrifying and grim and dirty feeling, but that's part of reality. It's inescapable. Only by allowing yourself to accept those things can you transcend them, and then be able to truly accept the magnificent beauty that is ever-present, always surprisingly close by.

I really like and agree with this analysis of the nature of DPT.

Man I really need to try DPT soon. I've always been nervous about it because of its reputation but I think I'm gonna love it.

Lol, I was just looking through the B&D thread V1, and you've been saying that for 10 years. I'm not making fun of you, I totally understand your hesitation. It's funny the way thinking about a trip too much can psych you out. I've tripped over a hundred times but I still often get really nervous before a trip. My first breakthrough DPT trip was totally unplanned. I was just drunk and started snorting small bumps of DPT, not really thinking about what would happen. Then everything got really weird and I was like "oh shit, what have I done."

A lot of people consider DPT to be sinister, but it really isn't, it can just be blunt and unforgiving at times. I think someone as experienced and you should be able to handle it just fine. I think part of the reason it has a reputation for being scary is the result of people not respecting how powerful it is and taking too much. Look at the bad trip reports on Erowid and the kinds of doses those people took. Many of them are first time experiences with doses like 100, 150, even 200 mg or more, or not measured at all.

Tonight I might try MPT though, smoked, if my friend wants to, I'm gonna go over to his place to hang out.

That sounds like a good time, MPT is very laid back. I could see somebody using it regularly the way people smoke weed. You can smoke a little and just chill out for a few hours.

Nice, what sort of dose would you recommend for a chill few hours?

I think around 20mg would be good. A little more or a little less wouldn't hurt. The nice thing about smoking psychedelics is you can do a little bit at a time until you get where you want to be.

Man I really need to try DPT soon. I've always been nervous about it because of its reputation but I think I'm gonna love it. Tonight I might try MPT though, smoked, if my friend wants to, I'm gonna go over to his place to hang out.

If you plugged it with whatever tiny amount of MXE you have left (in a good frame of mind) I highly doubt you will regret it!!!!!

I took a 70mg intranasal dose of DPT a few days ago and I'm experiencing a truly ecstatic afterglow. Everything feels so different now. When I listen to music or look at psychedelic artwork, I get a strong feeling of something beyond our world, something vast and powerful and important. I feel sober, but at the same time capable of feeling a sense of awe as if I'm at the peak of an acid trip. I'm an atheist, but DPT is a deeply spiritual chemical, there's not a better way I can describe it. It's something truly unique and beautiful. I haven't felt this way in a long time. It's like I tripped for the first time again.

Basically this. I plugged something like 120mg DPT and probably 250-400mg MDMA w/ an assload (haha) of MXE one night. Like the most crazy fucked up shit was comming into my mind. I felt like I was floating through realms of suicided people who were lost. Saw visions of my loved ones dying. I just sat there with a straight facing chanting "aummmmm" like "well fuck it. this is life. I'm not scared. If it's what happens it's what happens. Can't run from it.

Would really like to do that again.

If you plugged it with whatever tiny amount of MXE you have left (in a good frame of mind) I highly doubt you will regret it!!!!!

Sounds like a good plan. :) I have a bag that has MXE stuck to the sides, whenever I scrape it I can get a dose, but it's running low for sure. MXE is definitely what I'd like to take it with, just a bit. MXE makes such a good, soft launching pad, especially for tryptamines. All of my experiences mixing them have been wonderful.

Sorry for slightly off topic, but it may be useful to have this info in this thread anyway.

Do you notice significant potentiation/synergy between MXE and tryptamines? Or is it just, as you say, a "soft launchpad" to hijack come-up anxiety or whatever. I tried it once with 4-AcO-MET and MXE but I'm not entirely sure if there was synergy or not. I was specifically thinking about mixing 4-AcO-DMT with some MXE today but I'm unsure about dosing.

Sounds like a good plan. :) I have a bag that has MXE stuck to the sides, whenever I scrape it I can get a dose, but it's running low for sure. MXE is definitely what I'd like to take it with, just a bit. MXE makes such a good, soft launching pad, especially for tryptamines. All of my experiences mixing them have been wonderful.

wash that bag, plug the solution with DPT. Come on Xork. It's only been teen years in the making; Can't thing of a better wauy to use your last mxe stash

This times 1000. Do it Xorky, if you can handle Ibogaine, DPT will be fully munchable for you, and the disso preload kills the cold feet going into it.

Well to be fair, with ibogaine, for me, there was no room for fear, I was dreaming basically the whole time, I wasn't even aware I was doing ibogaine or that I was Xorkoth. But yeah I know I'll love DPT. Just gonna wait for a time when I feel like a deep solo trip. I'm so busy these days it's hard to find the time. I know I post on here a shit ton, but that's mostly during work. :)

Sorry for slightly off topic, but it may be useful to have this info in this thread anyway.

Do you notice significant potentiation/synergy between MXE and tryptamines? Or is it just, as you say, a "soft launchpad" to hijack come-up anxiety or whatever. I tried it once with 4-AcO-MET and MXE but I'm not entirely sure if there was synergy or not. I was specifically thinking about mixing 4-AcO-DMT with some MXE today but I'm unsure about dosing.

Yeah I notice a big synergy. It provides a nice launching pad but it also seems to bring out all the deep, powerful aspects of the tryptamines very strongly, for me. Probably my favorite drug combo, MXE and tryptamines.

I'm not sure I want to just bag wash the MXE, I have basically no disso tolerance and I have no idea how much could be in there. With no tolerance, if I get like 75mg or more of MXE at once it spins me the fuck out to the point that it's really unpleasant. I'm just gonna scrape when the time comes and see how much I get. Even 25mg would be great to combine.

I have been to afraid to try DPT because of all the “dark and sinister” comments and post I have read. DMT was amazing for me! It was a crazy, awesome, experience. I was in another dimension somewhere and it was happy.

Now I have had some pretty scary experiences on IV 4-Ac0-dmt. Which IV 4-aCO-dmt is so eerily similar to DMT. But it last for over an hour and half- 2 hours. But I have also gave amazing experiences on it.

Maybe DPT gets a bad rap. I have read more scary experiences than positive. And our brain chemistry is all so different, I fear I am the one who will have a horrific terrifying experience

If you go into the experience expecting it to be bad it's more likely to go bad. That's fine though, you don't have to try everything.

I haven't tried DPT myself, but if you are aware of the importance of set and setting and start with a small dose I would think a "horrific terrifying experience" is pretty unlikely to happen. IIRC a lot of the reports that painted DPT in such a negative light were made by people who did rather high, sometimes eyeballed, doses.

I have been to afraid to try DPT because of all the “dark and sinister” comments and post I have read. DMT was amazing for me! It was a crazy, awesome, experience. I was in another dimension somewhere and it was happy.

Now I have had some pretty scary experiences on IV 4-Ac0-dmt. Which IV 4-aCO-dmt is so eerily similar to DMT. But it last for over an hour and half- 2 hours. But I have also gave amazing experiences on it.

Maybe DPT gets a bad rap. I have read more scary experiences than positive. And our brain chemistry is all so different, I fear I am the one who will have a horrific terrifying experience

Yeah I haven't tried DPT yet for the same reason. Seems silly to me though, these days almost all the stuff I hear people saying are that it's wonderful, that it can be challenging but not sinister or terrifying, and very rewarding. Most of the old reports are of people snorting like 100mg, which is too much. I plan to try it soon, maybe 50mg.

Nice to see you post again. :)

DPT definitely doesn't have sinister and terrifying qualities. Where the terror comes in is with the extreme disillusionment that can happen, and the horror that can accompany facing and experiencing the truth.

Yeah I haven't tried DPT yet for the same reason. Seems silly to me though, these days almost all the stuff I hear people saying are that it's wonderful, that it can be challenging but not sinister or terrifying, and very rewarding. Most of the old reports are of people snorting like 100mg, which is too much. I plan to try it soon, maybe 50mg.

Nice to see you post again. :)

You'll be fine, now that my life has stabilized I wish to try it again and I'd have no problem taking 100mg or more even snorted. The only reason it rocked me was the fact that I was a shitty person at that time and did it on a whim. After the initial fear/evil phase it was a wonderful experience and changed me for the better for sure. Ironically, the drug I feared most other than DPT (which was DMT) actually cured me of my fear of this substance. I think nothing of smoking DMT weekly now and I'd think nothing of taking DPT in a high dose again. Although I would set aside two days for it and show it the utmost respect and I wouldn't take it in a social setting of more than 2-3 people.

Edit: also if I were to combine with MXE I'd do the MXE after, perhaps at hour 3-4. I did a DPT+MXE combo plugged shortly after my breakthrough with DPT and didn't find much value in it. DPT overpowered the MXE. I'm sure in the right dose it'd be fun but you should become familiar with DPT alone first imho.

It's just that I've found MXE (dissos in general but especially MXE) to be wonderful launch pads for tryptamines. Take like 20, 25mg of MXE, and then a dose of a tryptamine, and the tryptamine goes deeper, more comfortably. I don't think to myself, wow, it feels like MXE and a tryptamine... it just feels like the tryptamine is primed and smoother.

I'm so terrified of DPT that the only way I can trick myself into taking it, is to use it during fiendish amphetamine sessions (which I don't do anymore). I had quit smoking weed which would normally be my goto substance if I wanted more, more, more so I turned to DPT and insufflated 30mg bumps until I was 'satisfied'.

It's a stupid way to use/ abuse this 'beautiful' drug, but I needed the recklessness of the amphetamine rush in order to even dare touch the stuff. That said, I absolutely love DPT, even for all the terror of seeing black magic rituals performed by evil alien sorcerers that I had to look away from because I was sure these rituals would affect real life, touching strange tentacle flailing tree strunk like objects that I was certain I could take back to the physical realm, and feeling the strange sound/ vibration/ energy that manifests on high doses.

Even more so than DMT, maybe because of the longer duration, DPT gave me the impression of shifting to other realms that are no less real than our own plane of existence, and even more so than on DMT, I have wondered if we are actually even allowed to see these things.

I noticed that the days after a DPT trip I'd feel absolutely marvellous, also I'd be very flirty. Also the trips themselves are definetely often verys sexual in nature.