• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

^Haha

That's probably what I'm going to do whenever I get around to trying it. What kind of doses are you using? Is it more efficient than insufflation?

i never tried insulfation with DPT. I tried to vape the HCL twice, then tried plugging it and never tried anything else. I would usually use 20-50mg. Almost always I combined it with a dissociative, and sometimes with other psychedelics, mostly 2c-x.

I never really dosed more than 50mg at a time, although I would do multiple doses with like 20,30,30mg or something like that. 50mg to me was the upper limit on "i might lose my shit with more than this", except one time I took like 120mg with some mdma and that was... something.

Plugging DPT was not efficient whatsoever for me. Brown batch. Insufflation was at least twice as strong.

Hi guys,
I'm asking here if anyone has ever become addicted to this RC from your experience or people you know?

Years ago i tried mdma and i loved it. I always felt this push but after a few months it stopped and I lost my cravings and interest for more of it.
These days, I do psychedelics whenever it comes up, and although shrooms and acid is great and all but i've never ever had this itch to do more "just because".
That's until i came accross DPT. My experience with it was so outrageously amazing that i just can't seem to stop remeniscing about all the cool phenomenons happening inside my brain when I was on it.
I tried it twice half a year ago but I still have cravings for more, cravings i can ascribe (from my very limited experience) only to MDMA, but they're somehow stronger. On the comedown of my second and last dpt trip i even wrote in my notebook ?don't ever do this drug again, it is very addictive?.

The reason i'm curious is because judging by all the reports i've read on this forum(and others) is that for the majority at least, DPT isn't supposed to be so mesmerising. People say it's cool but they compare it to acid or similar psychedelics, pretty harmless and non-addictive, but to me it's even more heavy duty.
Does anyone feel the same way as me?

I think most people consider DPT to be one of the most intense and "special" psychedelics, which can also make it frightening for some. I've never really heard anyone say they were addicted to DPT before. What about it is addictive to you? I have felt addicted to psychedelics at another point in my life, never DPT specifically (for me it was AMT, DOC, various 2C-Xs)... I just really was fascinated by them and wanted to do them as often as possible, and did do they way too often eventually. I still am fascinated with them, but after many years I started to appreciate how it's only so special if you don't do it all the time and make it your new normal.

I mean if you just crave that intensity of psychedelic experience, that's kinda normal among those of us who really like psychedelics. You said you've only done it twice in the last 6 months? That's quite good. I crave the psychedelic state too, but there's plenty of time for that and if you don't start doing it too much it'll always be great. You seem like you're doing well now, so just keep it up. :)

I think most people consider DPT to be one of the most intense and "special" psychedelics, which can also make it frightening for some.
I've never really heard anyone say they were addicted to DPT before. What about it is addictive to you?

Even though it's far from the truth, it for some reason feels like the best thing i've ever done (lol). I love the feeling of rush and insane visions. It produces a lot of psychological sensations, frequent states of arousal and constant output of either realistic human scenes or surreal scenes, talking mountains, neon creatures, and all other things that are too complex and personal for me to explain and condense in this forum post.
Have you personally tried dpt?

I have felt addicted to psychedelics at another point in my life, never DPT specifically (for me it was AMT, DOC, various 2C-Xs)... I just really was fascinated by them and wanted to do them as often as possible, and did do they way too often eventually. I still am fascinated with them, but after many years I started to appreciate how it's only so special if you don't do it all the time and make it your new normal.
Funny thing is, I feel the same way as you about all other psychedelic experiences except only for DPT. Almost all were very positive experiences but since they lasted for many hours I always felt mentally exhausted afterwards and in need of some experience integration. Only after a couple of months I would even begin to start thinking about maybe taking another hit at a right oppurtunity.
In a way you could say i 'crave' other psychedelics too, since otherwise I wouldn't be doing them at all, but I just think crave is too strong of a verb to describe that IMO.

I mean if you just crave that intensity of psychedelic experience, that's kinda normal among those of us who really like psychedelics.
But how would that would explain plenty of my intense LSD experiences that I wouldn't particularly 'crave' to repeat?

You said you've only done it twice in the last 6 months? That's quite good. I crave the psychedelic state too, but there's plenty of time for that and if you don't start doing it too much it'll always be great. You seem like you're doing well now, so just keep it up.
Yeah, you'd think after 6 months i would forget about it all but it's like i've got this small invisible leprachaun telling me how dpt was awesome and how it would totally be cool to try it again.
Anyways, I'm sticking to acid for now if or when I decide to trip next time.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to DPT, but I totally relate to your fascination with it. It really is special and mesmerizing in a way that other psychedelics aren't. I'm a little obsessed with psychedelics in general but there's something unique about DPT that draws me to it. I use it more often than any other drug, sometimes several times a month, usually at low doses. I feel that DPT is the most useful and versatile psychedelic out there and I've benefited greatly from using it, but I can see how using it without any restraint could be harmful. It's probably not physically addictive in any way but people can be addicted to anything, even psychedelics. If you feel that taking DPT again is a bad idea you should go with your gut.

^ What is your ROA of choice? I'm getting some soon, and from what I gathered insufflation is the most effective ROA? I don't really like snorting stuff very much so I was thinking of IM.

I always heard that IM is the best for DPT because it's much smoother and more pleasant than snorting. Some people on here also swear by plugging if it's a salt (I think it generally is these days, right?)

In regards to snorting, I'm just sharing my own limited experience, so take it for what it's worth.
It was this exact DPT (part1 or 2) thread that i read someones advice regarding snorting, that somehow got ignored by the rest but for me it really benefited me when I tried it. I cannot be bothered to dig it up but I can only attest that it worked as advertised.

So my first try ever, i snorted a fat line pretty eagerly and firmly. My nose burned so bad that I constantly imagined i was bleeding out of my nostril, i was checking and fingering my nose every minute (to make sure it's OK).
It was very uncomfortable to say the least, so the second time (two weeks later) I took a completely opposite approach. I gently sniffed it, so that the powder barely reached my nostrils. The line had to be slim and insufflation very precise. When I've completed the procedure, the nostril still felt stuffed right away (obviously) but the whole experience was just so much better to the point where I would almost say I had no issue's at all. Ok, I had a bad taste in my mouth but if that wasn't so light, i would've simply washed it off with a juice or something (depending on how capable i would be in those situations haha).

Last edited:
Nice, that's good advice, I actually occasionally like to snort 2C-Xs in low dosages, and if you do it in little bumps, it doesn't burn too much. But if you do it all in one go it's awful.

Yes, I absolutely love DPT. It has profoundly changed my life more than any other psychedelic, save DMT. I used to have addictions to both of them. I actually just posted a trip report about a reflection of mine on the addictive nature of DMT. DPT is great, and I found it to be the perfect tryptamine for revelatory bliss as well as ego-shattering experiences. A lot of people complained about the body load of DPT, but I really love it and found it to be tantalizing. I find that the quality of synthesis with DPT matters a lot, as I got some once that was an off-white, slightly yellow color (all of the others I'd gotten were pure white), that gave me a lot of tension and didn't feel the same as the other batches.

Hi guys,
I'm asking here if anyone has ever become addicted to this RC from your experience or people you know?

Years ago i tried mdma and i loved it. I always felt this push but after a few months it stopped and I lost my cravings and interest for more of it.
These days, I do psychedelics whenever it comes up, and although shrooms and acid is great and all but i've never ever had this itch to do more "just because".
That's until i came accross DPT. My experience with it was so outrageously amazing that i just can't seem to stop remeniscing about all the cool phenomenons happening inside my brain when I was on it.
I tried it twice half a year ago but I still have cravings for more, cravings i can ascribe (from my very limited experience) only to MDMA, but they're somehow stronger. On the comedown of my second and last dpt trip i even wrote in my notebook ?don't ever do this drug again, it is very addictive?.

The reason i'm curious is because judging by all the reports i've read on this forum(and others) is that for the majority at least, DPT isn't supposed to be so mesmerising. People say it's cool but they compare it to acid or similar psychedelics, pretty harmless and non-addictive, but to me it's even more heavy duty.
Does anyone feel the same way as me?

DPT is the most reinforcing psychedelic I have ever used. I went through 10 grams of DPT in 5 months, using compulsively almost every evening. I moved into the forest in the summer of 2018, and from then on till Xmas and new year I spent almost every night in dipropyl space. It’s definitely very moreish.

After my 10 grams was out, I was fiending for more, but the vendor was no longer selling. There’s no physical dependence, but the psychological desire lasted. I still would like to get some more, although I don’t crave it anymore.

I would compare DPT’s addictive potential to be on par with that of ketamine, which I was once addicted to. It even has a dash of low-dose ACH style dissociation as part of its effect profile, in my experience.

Not overwhelmingly so, but a touch of anaesthetic, disembodied feeling is there. The stuff even numbs your mouth like an anaesthetic.

Hi guys,

^Absolutely incredible. To think someone could get addicted to DPT is crazy, to me it is so jarring to scary to reborn type experince it is nothing I think to do again real quick. But it is an important psychedelic that should be utilized by experienced trippers. Early Aug is almost like a ritual for me, although I missed the last 2 years. I settled on early August as a ritual because my first time was around that time period, second half of Summer. I think it is unique in how the visuals start off as shakes and tremors, then progress to seeing and feeling. Vibrations are converted to sensory output. It is one psychedelic that I have to be alone and late at night. No way could I run into another human being. Certainly not a social one. 2-CB seems more social for social activities. Even acid is.

Thanks to the last 2 posters on the info. Too interesting. :) (I have only seen white as far as he powder,, never any other color although I read about different colors in this thread)

Last edited:
That description of the vibrations turning into synesthesia is very familiar, literal jolts of electricity. Shake hard enough and you'll see a tesla coil slamming you with lightning ripping through the fabric of space and time.

That stuff was so gentle, calming and amazing the first time I took it in a combination with dxm and mushrooms, the second time was a very low dosage, only ~25 mg or so, but it felt like it was a gram. The drip is so terrible, that remained throughout the whole trip. Felt like I had advanced parkinsons, could not stop shaking, in terror almost, lol. It wasn't even a bad trip, just frighteningly beautiful and confrontationally physical. The third time was treshold, smoked about 15 mg of the freebase, had some of that same warmth the first time had, but it wasn't enough to give me much insight into what a smoked/vaporized experience really is like.

That's the only way I'll ever be taking it again though, DPT has forever put me off snorting drugs. Permanent gag reflex.

I have yet to try DPT, though I have enough for plenty of experimentation. I've always been afraid because back in the day in early Internet trip reporting, it was almost universally described as very difficult, though rewarding. Something about it makes me feel cautious which is why I have yet to taste it.

Kinda like how I always looked at DMT, something I needed to be "ready" for, which is kinda bs, why not just do it, right? =D I think it's a lot less difficult than something like ibogaine, which is something that really terrifies me from what I've read about it, yet both can be as equally therapeutic. I think you can get way more useful introspection and evaluation done on DPT than with most other psychedelics available.

Yeah I'm sure I overblow it in my mind. For the record though my ibogaine flood dose was not frightening, in fact during the peak (which was like 2 days long) I had no idea most of the time I had taken ibogaine or that my dreams weren't real. Primarily ibogaine is an oneirogen... it works like dreams do, very subconscious, deep stuff. But like a guide, you feel like it's wanting to help you. I did experience some intense fear when coming back to reality (but only partly) the third day because no one was with me and I became sure it was actually 5 days after I took it and not 3 and that my brain had broken. But that passed and I wasn't scared anymore, once my friend got there. I wasn't scared because of the effects. They were overwhelmingly intense, but unthreatening. It was dreaming whether awake or asleep.

I took a good portion of my dose as the TA extract which contains other highly psychoactive, related alkaloids which I think gave me a fuller and better experience than most reports of clinic sessions say. Like many people say it was physically painful and their heart was racing... for me, it felt wonderful physically, when I was aware of my body, it felt like that feeling when you wake up halfway in the middle of the night and have that sleep narcosis, your body is so heavy and warm and you're like yessssss I get to fall asleep again now.