• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

What was your dosage if you remember?

I have no idea, but I know it wasn't too strong. About a medium dose, maybe slightly above. The effects from the substance were strong, but only in the way that you'd say a full psychedelic experience is strong. I've been way higher on other substances. I think it was where I needed to go, so just as much me as the substance.

Please do check which type of DPT you have if it's no trouble... part of me suspects its possibly the hydrochloric acid part that's making it burn so bad when insufflating ...
Just checked.. mine is the HCl. I swear it's not too bad to snoot. Maybe some of the DPT HCl out there has excess HCl kicking around, making it acidic and painful?

I highly, highly doubt the HCl is the issue. Many tryptamines, for instance, are HCl and don't burn. Most drugs are in HCl form and don't burn.

I highly, highly doubt the HCl is the issue. Many tryptamines, for instance, are HCl and don't burn. Most drugs are in HCl form and don't burn.
Like I said in an above post MXE hcl had zero burn so I'm leaning towards it being the actual DPT thats causing the pain...strange though that 4-ho-dpt is painless to insufflate

Also, as painful as insufflation was, rectal administration didn't seem to do shit for me.

I feel the same way about plugging it. I only it tried it once I think. I put in a hefty bit of it with MXE hoping it would be a more gentle experience. All I got with a typical non-hole MXE experience from what I remember. I just recall thinking the DPT did little if anything to add to it.

@The Axe You description of "the light" is the type of experience I had. My first time with DPT was terrifying for the first part but then shifted into a very positive and power experience. For me the body load eased off once I got into the second phase of my trip. I think the trick was finding an outlet for the energy. It bothered me when I tried to lay in bed. I just kept shaking and I couldn't relax my muscles. For whatever reason IMing is reported to get rid of that side effect all together.

I think the terrifying part of my trip on it had to do with who I was and what I was doing in my life at the time. Someone with fewer problems and a more honest way of living probably wouldn't find it as difficult as I did. I bet I would enjoy it a lot more now than I did that time. The positive part of the trip was the most at peace I've ever been in my life.

Did you guys take it outdoors or indoors? The reason I ask is because the bad part of my trip was when I was indoors. Once I got outside it was like a switch flipped. If I ever did it again I'd want to do it during a sunny day or during one of those 2-3 hour long severe thunderstroms. I've wondered if it could be used as a hiking drug at the right dose.

I didn't have enough material when I had this one around so all my other experiences with were very low doses vaping it plus that failed attempt to plug it.

What was your dosage if you remember?

My experience mirrors his, I did about 120-150mg. I know that's a wide range but at the time I didn't have the proper scale. I split what was sold to me as 250mgs. For all I know it could have been way more in there. Sorry I can't give you an exact measurement back then I wasn't practicing proper HR.

Like I said in an above post MXE hcl had zero burn so I'm leaning towards it being the actual DPT thats causing the pain...strange though that 4-ho-dpt is painless to insufflate

Whatever the reason for this I really hate it. Smoking it felt more like a wacky DMT to me. I wasn't doing very big doses but I just didn't like the effects compared to snorting it. Plus it wore off so quickly and I hate smoking random chemicals. Smoking/Vaping any of this stuff can't be healthy. I need to save my lungs for the use of tobacco. :) If you were willing to inhale like 100mg at one time I wonder what would happen. I don't think anyone has ever reported doing that.

Did you guys take it outdoors or indoors? The reason I ask is because the bad part of my trip was when I was indoors. Once I got outside it was like a switch flipped. If I ever did it again I'd want to do it during a sunny day or during one of those 2-3 hour long severe thunderstroms. I've wondered if it could be used as a hiking drug at the right dose.

I was indoors, after the sun had gone down. I could totally see that being a key factor in my experience.

There was something about my DPT experience that was very raw. On every other psychedelic that I've taken, there's always a sense of the divine, or of some kind of aliveness that feels inherently comfortable in some way, like an always-present-if-looked-for awareness of basic goodness, or of life itself that again, feels like a kind of existential blanket. On DPT, there was none of that. I felt completely exposed to the coldness of the world, totally raw and vulnerable. It was like riding on the cold knives edge of reality, or in some moments more accurately, a cold cheese grater.

Now that I think about it some more I was indoors on the bathroom floor for the initial high dose trips and did them during the day. The uncontrollable body shaking made me apprehensive at first because it almost feels like a seizure, but its in the body and limbs, there weren't any brain zaps or anything like that, so after I felt I wasn't going to have a stroke or some such thing I could calm down and really enjoy the experience. Completely exposed, raw, and vulnerable is a good way to describe it, at least for the first shaking part (maybe 15 minutes to a 1/2 hour long?). Your body is kind of locked so there's a sense of powerlessness but at the same time there were hints of 'the light' so it was pretty exhilarating. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't been through some at least some difficult psychedelic experience before because you'll need to have some mental tools at the ready just in case.

So I titrated my way up orally.

I’m not sure why I didn’t make notes but iirc my last oral dose was 200 mg with a decent dose of dxm as a launch pad. There wasn’t much beyond the given dose of dxm (which I also don’t remember ffs lol)

But I digress, with my stock dwindling I want to try a more effective ROA but I’m seeing conflicting reports for both in and ir.

the thought of “snooting” (lol) something nearly as painful as 2cx makes me cringe something fierce - that was an awful way to begin such a powerful psychedelic experience. Yet pd says their experience with in isn’t a big deal ...

I’ve read the big and dandy(?) guide to plugging and it seems simple enough. Yet some reports here indicate dpt is ineffective boofed.

Not entirely sure what I’m hoping for in response... but I’d like to try this again soon and I’m uncertain which route to choose... will update after my experience... in the meantime any insight is appreciated

I've been meaning to try this orally shortly after taking either b. caapi or s. rue.

I had tried snooting and it wasn't that bad if you do it gently. It just didn't seem to be that effective for me regardless.

I'm damn excited to try this, I would guess that an insufflated dose <50mg would be good to start off? And that redosing still works well in like the first hour of dosing?

Yeah I hoovered the 150mgs and it was so fucking intense and bright. Mentally I didn't have much profound happen, but it was truly a glorious experience. All I'll say, at that dose its a lot of powder and the effect on my sinuses was really the most distracting part of the trip, but otherwise it was amazing.

I've been meaning to try this orally shortly after taking either b. caapi or s. rue.

I had tried snooting and it wasn't that bad if you do it gently. It just didn't seem to be that effective for me regardless.

I tried 40 mg of DPT orally after a soup made from 30 gr of caapi, IIRC. I might have used too little caapi, since it never passed the threshold level.

For whatever reason IMing is reported to get rid of that side effect all together.
Your message finally pushed me to create an account, thank you :)

I've used DPT several times, with ranges from 20 to 80 mg (i.m.). The body high was very uncomfortable each time : convulsions, undescribable (but not pleasant) feelings from inside the body, gag reflex kicking in on its own, strange pepper-like taste in mouth, overall not very recreational for me. I am forced to lie on my side for 15-30 minutes and repeatedly go in mini-dreams that only last a few seconds.

Definitely a very powerful experience. Not sure how some of you even consider doing it outside, if anybody were to see me in that state, they'd call an ambulance immediately :)

Your message finally pushed me to create an account, thank you :)

I've used DPT several times, with ranges from 20 to 80 mg (i.m.). The body high was very uncomfortable each time : convulsions, undescribable (but not pleasant) feelings from inside the body, gag reflex kicking in on its own, strange pepper-like taste in mouth, overall not very recreational for me. I am forced to lie on my side for 15-30 minutes and repeatedly go in mini-dreams that only last a few seconds.

Definitely a very powerful experience. Not sure how some of you even consider doing it outside, if anybody were to see me in that state, they'd call an ambulance immediately :)

Thanks for joining to contribute that info :) Welcome, and stay around!

DPT really is one of the best there is!! I don't know for sure, but it might be my favorite! I mean it has everything you'd want in a really good acid trip compressed down to just a couple hours. DPT really does remind me more of LSD than any other tryptamine I've tried. Way closer to LSD than any 4 subbed tryptamines. That's just my opinion though. Something about the DPT headspace to me that is very LSD like. The visuals can be insane too and of course it's dose dependent.

Did you know that you can redose DPT? I have redosed it many many times and never noticed any noticeable tolerance at doses of like 75-90mg intranasally. That dose kicked my ass every time even when I was coming down from the last dose. I once stayed tripping continuously on DPT for 24 hours. I've tripped for 24 hours before, however, not tripped that HARD for 24 hrs before.

Anyone else blacked out on it before? I was drinking some whiskey and did 100mg line of DPT and blacked out for awhile. Apparently I did some stupid shit like pee on the floor in the kitchen.

I wonder what makes some psychedelics cause sharp increases in tolerance while other like DPT seem almost infinitely redosable to me. Take 5-meo-DALT for instance. It's a bizarre trip. Intensely psychedelic mind and body space with pretty much no visuals. It is really short so when I came down I felt cheated almost and tried redosing. It seems like I had to use twice or three times as much to get high again. With DPT no increase in dose is necessary for redosing. It's great because the short duration of DPT is also conducive to redosing.

I really understand why the Church of Inner Light chose DPT. It's really one of the most complete and well rounded psychedelics there is!

Last edited:
I wonder what makes some psychedelics cause sharp increases in tolerance while other like DPT seem almost infinitely redosable to me. Take 5-meo-DALT for instance. It's a bizarre trip. Intensely psychedelic mind and body space with pretty much no visuals. It is really short so when I came down I felt cheated almost and tried redosing. It seems like I had to use twice or three times as much to get high again. With DPT no increase in dose is necessary for redosing. It's great because the short duration of DPT is also conducive to redosing.

I really understand why the Church of Inner Light chose DPT. It's really one of the most complete and well rounded psychedelics there is!

Dmt is similar so could be the whole class of tryptamines without alot of Bonds.

I wonder of met etc has the same attribut

Dmt is similar so could be the whole class of tryptamines without alot of Bonds.

I wonder of met etc has the same attribut
Are you saying DMT is similar in being redosable or similarly well rounded? I haven't tried it yet but believe me it's on the short list. Would be interesting to try some other non 4 or 5 subbed typtamines like MET or maybe EPT or something.

Are you saying DMT is similar in being redosable or similarly well rounded? I haven't tried it yet but believe me it's on the short list. Would be interesting to try some other non 4 or 5 subbed typtamines like MET or maybe EPT or something.

The tolerance building seems quite random on dmt.
Sometimes i can hit several breaktroughs in a row.
But other times tolerance builds but then also goes away fast.