• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

Right on, thanks PD. ya I was thinking it may break down faster in water. I guess the dosage response curve may be a little more forgiving then say 4 aco DMT, where 40 mgs can be twice as intense as 30 mgs. I guess I'll just use a scale and weigh up 0.075 and use it when I want to

So my 250 mgs of DPT arrived today....I have sterile syringes, stericups, sterile water. Unfortunately I don't have any micron filters. I'd still like to use this IM. the source I get it from has very high purity product, albeit probably not sterile. But I'm willing to risk it for the experience.

I still can't seem to find a good dosage guide. A lot of people have said 75-100 mgs IM. Is this for a breakthrough experience, or just a powerful tryptamine mushroom like trip? (Like 4 aco DMT seems to be at sub breakthrough doses)

I bet I know who you got it from ... I could have gotten it. I recommend start with a lower dose around 10-20 mg first

You should probably have micron filters for IM, it would be safer to plug or snort it. I find snorting it works really well, especially if you can combo it with a tiny bit of dissociative like ketamine. Probably not a lot of bacteria thriving on your DPT sample, but it's going to be un-sterile for sure.

Yeah, I know. But honestly, I don't want to snort this. I would plug it, but due to intestinal issues, compounded by methadone constipation, it's not really a viable option for me at present. I personally think and IM injection shouldn't be as bad as IM'ing your average street drug. I knew bein on bl I'd be told to use a micron regardless, as it's good harm reduction.

After weighing the pros and cons, I have decided to push forward, despite the pack of a micron filter. I will report back

Last edited:
I bet I know who you got it from ... I could have gotten it. I recommend start with a lower dose around 10-20 mg first

Would u really recommend starting that low? I also tripped 7 days ago on 600 mics of ETH lad. And that's pretty standard for me. 25 mgs of IV 4 aco DMT was intense but manageable, and I did about 40 mgs IM and found that a little more intense, but peaked slower obviously. I have a 70 mg dose of dpt weighed up right now, maybe I'll try 40 ish mgs first. I just hate being underwhelmed, and having to wait for tolerance to clear to try again

60mg of impure/degraded DPT (it was the brown/red lousy batch that was going around ages ago - maybe it was 60-90% pure but I have no idea really) intranasally was pretty intense and otherworldly for me, I imagine 70mg of pure DPT IM would be utterly ass-kicking for myself. 40mg seems a better starting point for IM. Judging by your ETH-LAD doses 10-20mg does seem a bit on the light side if you don't want to take the chance of being underwhelmed. Probably the methadone is attenuating psychedelic effects for you. 300ug of ETH-LAD was my absolute upper limit, I doubt I could ever handle 450 let alone 600ug of it.

Your call obviously. Let us know how it goes.

Read the Tihkal I read. Plus if the 4-aco-dpt kicked my ass at such a low dose iv. It was more the physical discomfort. You can always take more never less

IM DPT is very strong. 70mhs is a higher end dose. One may not want to be introduced to something like DPT that way. IM'ing is the way I do most psychedelics. Like other simple tryps though it has little tolerance gain compared to other psyches. You can even redone on it and it will certainly bring the intensity up. It lasts a good 3-4 hours so you have time to make that choice. A dissociative and DPT is one of my top ranked psychedelic combos. 120mgs MXE plus 80 mgs DPT would lead me to places that were absolutely insane. I used to get 10gs of DPT and use IM in conjunction with MXE over the course of some months. Its one of my favorite add on to a trip. It will always hold a special place in my heart along with the other simple tryps!

So I think I'm gonna just do half of the 70 mg dose I have weighed up. This powder is white, crystalline, somewhat sticky, almost reminds me of icing sugar. I'm torn right now between going on an ETH LAD trip or a DPT trip. I'm thinking of saying to heck with it, waiting until late tonight, early morning, when I won't have any unwanted visitors, and IM 35-40 mgs of DPT

Is the nasal drip really that bad on this one? It certainly smells funky when burned/vape. I put a teeny tiny amount of a safety pin to see how it melted etc. And it stunk bad lol.

Last edited:
Its not pretty. Probably wise to lower the dose a bit. 70mgs is more than enough for a deep trip by itself IM. If you like smoking on psychedelics make sure to have some bud! DPT and getting stoned go very well together IMO. So even if 30mgs isn't exactly what you hoped for you can turn it up a notch or two anyways.I never liked snorting DPT or DMT. It never gave near as full bodied trip as smoking it or IM'ing it does. Plus it required a way higher dose....

Ya I picked up an eighth of some good pot too help nausea and hopefully synergize the effects. Thanks for the heads up. I'd have done the whole 70 mgs otherwise. I'll do half

What do you think Help?!?!? 30ish mgs IM is good enough? I think so, I, quite intimidated by dpt lol. I don't have the good mg scale I used earlier too weigh my 70 mgs. But I guess splitting it in half shouldn't be so bad, I think as long as I'm between 30-40 mgs I can handle it. I tripped 7 days ago on ETH lad, so I may have some residual tolerance.

Last edited:
Read the Tihkal I read. Plus if the 4-aco-dpt kicked my ass at such a low dose iv. It was more the physical discomfort. You can always take more never less

I find Shulgins doses a little on the tame and cautious side for my tastes. Which is understandable. But i seem to have a natural tolerance too psychedelics. but with DPT I've decided to tread cautiously

Some of his doses are tame indeed. Yeah 40 mgs and some good pot will be enough. If you want do the rest after 45 minutes or so to bump it up. 40mgs and some good pot should be fun. DPT is indeed an insane rollercoaster like none other. That's why it has a special place in my heart!

What's a good starter dosage for DPT? I heard that DPT is very similar to DMT. Also is it best to snort it?

Do you know a good starter dosage? I really wanna try it. I've never done DMT but I've been meaning to try it and I heard DPT is very similar. Also would snorting it be the best way?

I still haven't tried it either lsd girl, I here that it Has overlapping effects with DMT, but is its own kind of trip. I don't know. I'm still psyching myself up for a 35 mg IM injection

I'd be afraid of injecting it. Feels much worse. Like I'd be shooting up heroin or some shit haha. I'd rather snort and smoke things c: but hey that's exciting!. What made you wanna inject instead of doing it orally or snorting it? Or smoking?

Just because I can get a more powerful experience from less drugs. Also, I don't feel like putting up with the taste of sniffing or smoking. IV might be a bit much, so I've opted for IM

I honestly prefer IV, but if your afraid of coming up in one to five minutes don't try iv. I find Tryptamine to have a slight delay in the come up and gradually becomes stronger rather than being a rush and immediate effect. I honestly recommend to iv and if you're afraid of the come up start with a lower dose