• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

Still thinking about that trip last night, maybe the most intense trip of my life. Literally it was hours of non-stop the most intense next-level psychedlia I've ever experienced. I can't imagine doing anything but listening to music in dark room in bed on DPT. Its too intense for anything else, and the body needs to remain relativiely still for it to reach the full potential. I imagine the physicality of the space-time warping is not especially healthy on the internal organs if the flow is broken too much. I feel like it is important to stay with it or it can turn to be a hard experience. Serious repurcussions if not respectful of the spirit.

Spooky' is a word that is used a lot to describe the trip, like spooky how it takes your breath, the lucidity of the nth dimensional fabric unfolding, spooky how sound transforms space-time, the synesthesia is far beyond all other tryps. It puts LSD to shame for sure. It is straight to the point, like as close as one can get to the event horizon of the singularity without getting sucked in entirely.

The comparison to DMT is fair if only because that's the only other thing that comes close to the power of DPT.

^ I can really relate to everything you're saying here. On a good dose of DPT (60mg + a tiny bit of ketamine to aid with muscular tension, like 5mg or something). I did't feel like I should move around or even sit up at all - DPT seems to best experienced lying flat on your back, listening to music, perfectly still, breathing and that's about it. Extreme time dilation, an album lasts for an eternity. It is spooky, like you said, not in a way that things are scary, more like you unite with the spookiness, the holy ghost and the grim reaper.

And I too felt like it took me to peer just beyond the even horizon, the infinite void that sits between moments. Fractal soundwaves, synaesthesia, yup.

It's a pretty interesting drug. It's not "fun" at all, but it's damn interesting, rewarding, mind-opening and revealing.

Have you tried 5-MeO-DMT? If so, how would you compare them?

Have you tried 5-MeO-DMT? If so, how would you compare them?

I haven't tried 5-MeO-DMT, and would be very curious to hear comparisons myself.

How painful is it to snort DPT? Worse than meth?

It's a bit painful at first, like a quick burn, not too bad though, nothing to ruin a trip or anything. I've never snorted meth and plan on never doing so. It's about as painful as K I'd say, but it has a bit of a foul aroma as well. The DPT I've had is such a light powder that you have to be careful to snort it very gently. If you snort too hard it would just end up in your throat or lungs. It's also a challenge to avoid the temptation to swallow the DPT loogie that ends up in your sinus. I think if you don't let the DPT just sit there in your sinuses, the effects would diminish.

It puts LSD to shame for sure. It is straight to the point, like as close as one can get to the event horizon of the singularity without getting sucked in entirely.

Great analogy for DPT. I had always said I understood the lyrics "the forces tear loose from the axis" in the Dead song Dark Star after DPT. Strong stuff. That center that makes us who we are can spin off into orbit or it seems. 35 mgs is borderline too much for me, and I can take heroic doses of most things. I did 50 mgs once and had to ride it out the first hour, but then when I came through the other side I felt great and enjoyed the rest trip and had a great afterglow for a week or two. Like dying and coming back. :) It's been a few years, but maybe should revisit.

It is spooky, like you said, not in a way that things are scary, more like you unite with the spookiness, the holy ghost and the grim reaper.

And I too felt like it took me to peer just beyond the even horizon, the infinite void that sits between moments. Fractal soundwaves, synaesthesia, yup.

Yes the duality is intense. When the movement of a song reaches the end of a cycle, the dying, and then a new cycle beginning out of the void, the juxtaposition is intense! I was on the edge of a tear forming as far as it would go without welling up from my eye and falling out, salivating the point of where it form around me and then be reabsorbed with every wave of the energy. And all of time space had the same feeling, waves of space would curl within before the wave would actually arrive without.

Edit: I I know that these words are on the verge of nonsense, but I don't have any other way to describe it. Once again 'spooky' comes to mind as the word for having seen things that can not be seen.

Last edited:
I haven't tried 5-MeO-DMT, and would be very curious to hear comparisons myself.

Well, for me, DPT is like a crossover between 5-MeO-DMT and LSD. So if you rate DPT above LSD, I assume you will appreciate 5-MeO-DMT as well.

Well, for me, DPT is like a crossover between 5-MeO-DMT and LSD. So if you rate DPT above LSD, I assume you will appreciate 5-MeO-DMT as well.

Your description of DPT being at something like a midpoint between 5-MeO-DMT and LSD has me both intrigued and intimidated (to explore 5-MeO-DMT)

I don't think I'd rate anything above LSD :) Nonetheless, I think DPT has a very special purpose that I really appreciate. Something along the lines of completely non-recreational, cathartic, contemplate your own mortality, psychedelic growth sessions. Sounds like 5-MeO-DMT is further along on that "difficulty" axis, and I hear a lot of people describing the fear/terror aspect of it.

vortech said:
Edit: I I know that these words are on the verge of nonsense, but I don't have any other way to describe it. Once again 'spooky' comes to mind as the word for having seen things that can not be seen.

Always hard to put psychedelic experiences into words, especially when they get into that abstract realm. Totally worth the effort though...

DPT sounds wonderful! I'm thinking about getting 500mg of DPT and splitting it with a friend.

I'm taking 250mg orally, since I don't really like snorting stuff, and money isn't a problem for me anyway.

What should I expect from this? I was thinking it probably should give me a ++++ experience, lasting at least 2 hours.

Also, from what I've read, DPT sounds like a great psychedelic to be used on top of longer lasting psychedelics.
What would be the best time to dose, then? I'm intrigued by the guy who used it on top of a DOC trip!

How painful is it to snort DPT? Worse than meth?

I put it up there with some of the most painful things I've ever snorted. Only substance that has ever given me nose bleeds after one use. The drip was bad enough that it bothered me for the entire trip the two times I snorted it. It would instantly burn my nose bad and plug it completely up.

That said I've only ever had one batch of it so for all I know it might have been contaminated with something.

I want to try it again but the act of snorting it really turns me off.

^ did you snort the freebase? freebases tend to be more caustic than salts... (afaik)

too lazy to utfse, but dpt hcl is fairly stable correct? Can I leave it room temperature for a while or does it need to be refridgerated immediatly?

Is the body load so tense and uncomfortable that it is easy to get distracted from the trip or on a solid dose are you just fuckin in it so deep you cant really think about your body.
When taking any drug especially psychedelics I always get the worst of the negative side effects possible :( lol. Would a nice dose of benzos before dosing be any good at easing the tension.

Im thinking of starting with 25mg IM.

^ did you snort the freebase? freebases tend to be more caustic than salts... (afaik)

It was supposed to be Hcl but it could have been either. I've had vendor mix ups before with such things. I never tried to freebase it or anything so I'm not 100% certain what it was.

Is the body load so tense and uncomfortable that it is easy to get distracted from the trip or on a solid dose are you just fuckin in it so deep you cant really think about your body.
When taking any drug especially psychedelics I always get the worst of the negative side effects possible :( lol. Would a nice dose of benzos before dosing be any good at easing the tension.

Im thinking of starting with 25mg IM.

I think benzos will just dull the trip. I've mixed my DPT with a little bit of ketamine, which helped with body load (or at least disassociate from it!), and does not oppose the psychedelic-ness.

I find that DPT can cause some muscle tension, particularly in my neck, spine, shoulders. Sometimes I feel as though my neck or back is on the verge of tweaking and that if I turn my head the wrong way, or let my posture get sloppy that I'll throw it out. I often end up just lying down for the peak to fully relax as it's too much work to stay aligned etc sitting or standing up. DPT usually brings me to the ground when it gets heavy lol.

Thanks for the quick and detailed response. Still wondering though, from what I read a big dose IM will have lots of muscle tension mabye some muscle spasms, but at a very high dose are you just so engulfed in the experience (say im laying on my back in bed) that your body is merely an afterthought?

Like with me and DMT, I can notice the body load, especially if I try to move, but with a big dose im just so deep in the trip im usually laying down, eyes closed, taking it all in and not really even aware that I have a body, just a mind. if that makes sense.

I wouldn't call the body vibrations an afterthought. It is different than DMT in that your whole body is riding a hyperdimensional wave rather than just your mind. Don't be afraid of it, just ride the wave, stay afloat and you'll be dandy as a lion.

Ahh thanks vortech. Thats really exactly what I needed to hear. Sometimes I psych myself out haha, but im sure it will be a awe inspiring event. Less then two weeks till blast off!

also have an amazing painting my sister did that just totally represents the DMT/DPT experience. ill save that for the top of page 5 ;)

Last edited: