• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

well I took a total of around 110mg DPT and 100 mg MXE last night, all plugged except an initial dose of 25mg mxe taken orally. Capped it off with 50mg DMT at the tail end.

DPT and mxe were lovely. Nothing like I remembered for the DPT, then again I wasn't smoking marijuana this time and I feel that makes a big difference. DMT was perhaps one of he most terrifying experiences of my life. To the point that I immediatly forgot it. I took notes, bits and pieces remain. The summation is, don't ask for the truth of reality/existance because it just might not be what you are wanting or expecting. I realized I had been at that experience many times before, and continue to forget because otherwise this game we call life/existance/reality isn't worth playing. It was unlike any DMT report I can ever recall reading... I am honesly still at a loss as to describe it. No entities, no elves, no nothing. Just an immediate dissapearance of the veil seperating this reality. I have never really wanted a trip sitter before, but I am not sure I would do DMT again without one. A voice not my own encouraging me to go with it and that it would end might have done wonders to me gaining more from this experience.

THe ironic/fucked thing is I woke up with he desire to go back and try again. from what truly is, and the most abjectly terrifying exposure to "truth" I can imagine.

I will hopefully write up a full report in the next few days. THe DPT aspect is definaly worth sharing as well. I wouldn't classify it as "cold", but neutral. Allowed me to see my faults and things I need to work on (which is waht I asked for). I accepted them and contemplated how to live my day to day life better instead of running and hiding from them. I can see how it could have been a more "negative" experience if my attitude had been different.

ive received some DPT from that canadian vendor.

Ive tested the water with 10mg insufflated.

I was surprise by how strong it is/was
10mg is equivalent to 1 g of shroom

I can understand the spookyness description. I have had leg tremor of sort, but nothing alarming. its like a shaky sensation all over the body. it feels as if it adds to the experience

the drip is indeed sour and disgusting but after 40 minute, I dont really taste it anymore..

Will try 20mg real soon!

Music is definitely enhanced. so far, I really like the overall mood. When it peaked, I was really surprise by how relatively strong it was for only 10mg. Already, I can see a lot of utility in low dose. 10 mg is a definite +2 and makes music sounds amazing and also good mood lifter. its a small trip even at 10mg, its not totally underwhelming like most low dose tryptamine for me.

Last edited:
Have there been any more reports of seizures from DPT other then the one on erowid? I did a high dose, snorted 100-200 mg (ik don't eyeball research chemicals I learned my lesson about that for about 45 very long minutes). The tremors and muscle spasms were quite pronounced and very unenjoyable however I had lifted that day so was quite sore and tense already. Now about the trip, it felt like right before a breakthrough I spent the entire peak (which hit in less than 5 mins snorting) on the edge of the void is what it felt like. I wasn't fighting it either was in a good set and setting with calming music but it was just too strong body and mind wise. Can one breakthrough on DPT like DMT, if not smoked? Sorry for all the questions and if this seems nonsensical still coming down.

Edit: Also I don't really get the spookiness everyone keeps talking about for me 5-meo-dmt snorted had a much darker almost menacing edge to the trip. The drips and burns don't compare either, I would never snort 5-meo-dmt again the pain from that only compares to bk-2cb which is was a whole lot more substance.

Last edited:
A short while back I came across an excellent deal on much DPT, so I snatched that up of course. I wasted quite a bit experimenting with freebase conversion and proper amounts to lace onto inert herb, but I got the hang of it. I also purchased a BHO vaporizer pen, and now I can concentrate an enormous amount of DPT freebase in a very smooth and small rip (so that's pretty cool).

Anyhow, this all has obviously given me plenty of experience with the chemical, and I can certainly see why there is ritual use.

However, I find DPT lacking in visuals.

I'm considering adding moclobemide beforehand.. Any experience combining DPT with an MAOI?
(By the way, any consensus as to whether or not an herb that naturally inhibits monoamine oxidase, say for example Passionflower, would activate the simple tryptamine or not?)

Oh, and once, while high on MXE and laying on my floor in dark silence, I decided to hit a very large amount of the freebase DPT. It was weird, because I felt pretty normal, but as I lay there unthinking, I realized I could hear a few men speaking. It sounded as if they were in my bathroom. They were saying some off the wall shit, it was pretty whacky.

20mg plugged feels exactly like 20mg nasal, but theres no tremor and no spasm when plugged.

I wonder why plugging is not the most recommended ROA. intranasal is terrible for me but when plugged, dpt is very useful for me..

If I ever get my hands on DPT again I'll definitely try plugging it.

If I ever get my hands on DPT again I'll definitely try plugging it.

Id say that 20mg intranasal is equivalent to 27mg plugged. Plugging is a very good ROA and you avoid the tremors and the nose clogs. The effect is a bit different when plugged compared to nasal. I was actually over with dpt as I found the nasal administration way to problematic. but now with plugged, I find DPT very special

I find low dose of DPT very great for music enhancement and is replacing weed for me. 20mg plugged is enough to really bring depht to music while retaining very clear minded and almost sober but with heightened senses. the other great benefit is its short action. within 2.5 hours of plugging, I can sleep.

^ Murph do you find that you can sleep more quickly after plugging DPT, than if you had sniffed it? I would never be able to sleep 2.5h after sniffing DPT.

I think when you sniff it, some of it gets absorbed right away, but some of it just sits there clogged in the mucous and ends up slowly dissipating across the sinus membranes. I find that if I snort DPT it ends up keeping me up and on edge for a really long time, at least 4h after. I've thought about doing a sinus flush with salt water once the DPT peaks, to get all the residue out, but that can be hard to negotiate while tripping. Maybe I'll try plugging.

DPT is such a strange beast. My experiences have not been fun in any conventional way, and there are very few people I'd recommend it to. But I keep coming back to it, I like it. It's an intriguing substance.

I agree with the above about low dose DPT being great for music enhancement. A recent 13mg nasally was an incredible way to experience some brand new tunes.

I was really surprised at how strong 13mg was this most recent time. I wouldn't have wanted to be in public at all.

hi, yes, dpt plugged is very fast ending. after 3h, everyone should be able to sleep
I personally dislike high dosage of dpt, but at low to medium, I find dpt very fun. one of the few RC I will rebatch!
^ Murph do you find that you can sleep more quickly after plugging DPT, than if you had sniffed it? I would never be able to sleep 2.5h after sniffing DPT.

I think when you sniff it, some of it gets absorbed right away, but some of it just sits there clogged in the mucous and ends up slowly dissipating across the sinus membranes. I find that if I snort DPT it ends up keeping me up and on edge for a really long time, at least 4h after. I've thought about doing a sinus flush with salt water once the DPT peaks, to get all the residue out, but that can be hard to negotiate while tripping. Maybe I'll try plugging.

DPT is such a strange beast. My experiences have not been fun in any conventional way, and there are very few people I'd recommend it to. But I keep coming back to it, I like it. It's an intriguing substance.

I agree with the above about low dose DPT being great for music enhancement. A recent 13mg nasally was an incredible way to experience some brand new tunes.

I was really surprised at how strong 13mg was this most recent time. I wouldn't have wanted to be in public at all.

Finally got around to trying some of the DPT that I've been holding onto for over a year now. I was planning on snorting some, but I'm currently pretty congested so I went for the oral route instead. I know it's not economical but I have half a gram and didn't mind using a lot for the first experience.

First I did a 25mg line of MXE (I know I just said I was congested, but a bump like this seemed easier to hoover, and good MXE is always very painless and clean in the nose) to relax me. I wanted to ease some of the pre-flight jitters and also make any negative bodyload less noticeable.

Almost immediately after I ate 200mg of DPT in a capsule, and watched TV to pass the time. It came on fast -- first effects in 15-20 minutes. In half an hour or less I had to turn off the TV. I turned on Balam Acab's album Wander/Wonder (highly recommended), which I had picked out beforehand but changed once the trip started getting intense. Music was noticeably distorted around the peak.

It felt like I was on the very edge of breaking through. My whole body was vibrating intensely. My vision was shaking with visuals, so much that during the comeup and peak it was hard to keep my eyes open. With my eyes closed, the visuals were dark and blurry moving geometric shapes.

I was pretty at peace the whole time. Even as I felt myself rocketing off into space there was minimal anxiety. I had the idea that I might experience ego death and accepted it. I'm not sure if this was due to the nature of the drug or the MXE.

The next time I try this, I want to break through. This trip was kind of a tease; I felt like the drug was taunting me with what it could offer.
I am going to try the nasal route next time. I'm thinking 75mg.

Around 2.5 hours. I'd say I was almost completely baseline after 3.

Vaping eh? Didn't know that worked. Who has experience with that ROA and what is a dose, like comparable to 20mg insufflated?

I definitely agree that it is much more recreational at lower doses. Even 10 mg, combined with and small to medium dose of MXE greatly enhances the state of mind, and feels quite nice on the body too. Higher doses like 40mg is visionary but too intense for me to want to revisit soon.

I ended up trying DPT two times a while back and thought it was incredible, though the second time was much more jarring than the first. I received some tan colored powder, and it was definitely not from a Canadian vendor. First time I snorted 20 mg while being buzzed on alcohol. I got the idea to do it while I was pretty drunk, but I intentionally waited about an hour and a half for the buzz to die down before trying it, just to be a little safer. After taking in the 20 mg, I got an incredibly pleasurable body high and the visuals started. I ended up snorting another 40 mg across the night and the visuals got very intense but not quite overwhelming and the body high felt completely orgasmic. I found myself sitting on the floor grinning stupidly and staring at the incredible fractal patterns emerging out of my otherwise uninteresting carpet. I ended up getting in bed and falling asleep to trip hop in utter bliss. I would say the trip ended within 2 hours of getting in bed.

Second time I snorted 30 mg without the alcohol, and this was noticeably different. My girlfriend did it with me this time. It felt noticeably colder and more sinister, and I found it initially unpleasant. It started to get pretty intense, and my body felt like it was being wrapped/coiled up in something and constricted tightly (not vasoconstriction, just a weird psychedelic feeling). We ended up putting on some music and just cuddling on the couch and it eventually eased into something quite pleasant and introspective. The visuals were very similar to the first time, though maybe not quite as intense.

DPT is truly an interesting compound, IMO. I've never done DMT so I can't compare it, but regardless, I would say DPT is a winner for me. I'm not sure when I'll be doing it again though, just because there are so many things on my list, and I try to not do these kinds of things *too* frequently, lol. And I would conclude that DPT can be an incredibly pleasurable high if you combine it with something relaxing (e.g. small amount of alcohol or a benzo--with the benzo probably being the safer option), but on its own it does not seem quite as recreational and is more of a deep, introspective, and sometimes unpleasant psychedelic.

Vaping eh? Didn't know that worked. Who has experience with that ROA and what is a dose, like comparable to 20mg insufflated?

I've vaped it lots, but always pretty small amounts, probably 5-10mg max. From what I remember, it hits within seconds, builds up over a couple of minutes and lasts about and hour. I don't really like this ROA any more, it sketches me out. I get the feeling that it's really bad for my body and it tastes super weird. Too bad because it's a perfect duration for having a nice short trip, kind of unique among 5ht psychedelics.

Yick, can confirm, vapor tastes super weird. I'm not even going to try for an active dose after tasting that.

i don't think the HCl salt is fit for vaping. need to convert it to the freebase / oil form.