• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DPT Thread - Part 3: So bright this light...

I agree. Thank you all for the good advise. Thanks perpetualdawn, I really connected to what you said. I have been scared to try DPT for a while for a good reason.
Since all this happened I have laid off all psychedelics for a while. Just going to try to adjust to this new normal with my husband no longer here with me. I feel very lost. And I realize that right now, psychedelics are not the answer to what I am looking for.
Thanks everyone ❤️

I've always found it to sound disconcerting (the kind of taunting sinister aspect which is often reported), but always found it intriguing that the very same people seemed somewhat attracted to it and always went back for more.

pretty much this. I've had DPT probably 20+ times. It always has an edge (to me) like "hahaha will I fuck with you today or won't I... ooooo shit you're fucked" and I keep doing it. I love it for some reason.

I'm attracted to DPT (not that I've taken it very many times, just a handful) because the taunting sinister aspect is manifests in a compassionate way. I always find this hard to explain, but it's not like watching a horror movie at all. It's more like being illuminated to the fact that there's a dark side to things, and that's OK, it's the nature of things to have a dark side. We normally blind ourselves to a lot of reality because it makes us uncomfortable.

It's interesting to see a kind of shift in the perception of this chemical since I last was reading about it a couple years ago. I got the impression then that DPT was up there with DMT in spiritual nature and even remember a religious group that used it as their main communion.

Intramuscular DPT has been on my list for a while now because of it's reputation as a sort of "God chemical", but with these new reports of a dark, sinister vibe I'm not as enthused to make the leap and finally cross it of the list.

It's more of an anti-god chemical in a way. It's as profound as DMT but in an entirely different way. It's just not love and light and rainbow elves in dimensions that you've always been from and entity contact abound.

If you go back to late October, early November in my posts or the social talk thread, maybe actually somewhere in here too, you can read my posts after I had my complete and total disillusionment experience with DPT. It was quite possibly the most impactful psychedelic trip of my life, or at least had the deepest and farthest reaching implications.

^ For those of us too lazy to find your old posts, what specifically were you disillusioned with?

It's interesting to see a kind of shift in the perception of this chemical since I last was reading about it a couple years ago. I got the impression then that DPT was up there with DMT in spiritual nature and even remember a religious group that used it as their main communion.

Intramuscular DPT has been on my list for a while now because of it's reputation as a sort of "God chemical", but with these new reports of a dark, sinister vibe I'm not as enthused to make the leap and finally cross it of the list.

Dark and sinister gives the wrong impression. I've never felt any kind of maliciousness from it at all. It's one of the best music enhancers I've sampled for sure. That's not sinister right?

I don't know about it being a sort of "God chemical", but it's true that there is/was some fringe cult that uses DPT as it's sacrament. I think they established a legal right to be able to use it for this purpose. I can't compare it to DMT regarding it's spiritual nature, but personally in my explorations, nothing comes close to 5-MeO-DMT for delivering the quintessential mystical experience.

IM would be the ideal ROA with this IMO, if you had sterile and pure material.

DPT was like an electric shock of energy and reality morphing and "oh shit what the fuck" and then I felt a dark energy almost watching me or maybe it was part of my ego split up. It was amazing but also dark compared to a large dose of good old LSD. Never tried DMT so my gold standard of comparison is LSD which I would choose over this for all types of experiences.

It's interesting reading others peoples perceptions of DPT. I particularly like the comparison between DMT and DPT and different universes. There is something particularly alien about DPT. I don't perceive is as dark or evil but I can see how some might. I perceive it as the trickster — an alien intelligence that plays games of logic. At least that's what I saw. Often with DPT I seem to get a choice between darkness and light. I always choose the light. That choice seems to abort my trips somehow. So yeah, maybe there is something a little sinister about it but I feel loved and protected nonetheless while on it like it doesn't mean me harm. Hard to say for sure though. The force behind DPT is smarter than I am. Here's what I wrote about my 90 mg DPT + 10 mg 3-MeO-PCP trip a while back

Yesterday I had my first full blown trip in a while. I revisited my old friend DPT. 90mg about 5 hours after a 10 mg dose of 3-MeO-PCP. Glorious! Some of the archetypal aspects of the experience came alive full force. These were difficult to see. The trickster knows every game in the book and its him I saw looking back in the mirror. I've never been able to see it so clearly without going into panic: it isn't me and nothing can change that, but I saw how it operates very clearly, like some magician doing games of logic so you see only riddles. You can't beat it at its own game.

Trust became the main theme of the trip. Nothing can be held apart from presence. The densified strata opened up outside of me. I could feel the layers and the constituent interactions that hold them together. They opened and then later closed again. Perhaps it was an opportunity to move on? I had doubts and the window closed gently. Whatever, not meant to be a TR but damn. I was naked in my back yard rejoicing at the beauty that is offered us every moment in every pore in the sky, blossoming like a flower till you can't stand it. What a fool I am when I choose to be apart from it because I think I know better. What love to know there is no way to break that connection. No real choice but to forgive and trust.

DPT really seems to be one of the strange ones, I am really intrigued by it. Maybe I am mistaken, but it seems to me a lot of people are taking DPT in combination with a dissociative, like more often then is the case with other psychedelics. For those of you that do, why is that? Is it just a general interest in combinations and trying to kick it up a notch? Or is it the opposite and more like trying to take the edge off a little bit in some sense? Because I remember specifically ketamine being recommended to calm 'pre flight jitters' and also help with bodyload/tremors and stuff. Or would that only go for ketamine but not for something like 3-MeO-PCP, like mentioned above? I know next to nothing about dissociatives, please enlighten me.

It's really hard to say how dissociatives change DPT trips except perhaps to help a bit with the fear. That strategy may backfire however by increasing the intensity or weirdness of the trip so that the net effect may be more fear then without a dissociative. DPT trips have a big surprise factor generally. They're not particularly predictable in my experience unless you start using DPT every day, then it sort of evens out an becomes a more generic psychedelic. The last couple years I've used DPT about 3 times all with some 3-MeO-PCP in my system. 6-7 years ago when I was tripping on DPT a lot I used it mostly alone or occasionally with MXE. I have no idea what the trend is.

As for the trickster thing, I did a search and found others describing something similar which is really interesting. They were using DMT however so guess it isn't exclusive to DPT.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=34560

Yeah I see, cannabis has a similar ambivalence for me in that it can kind of mellow out a trip while making it more intense at the same time.

DPT+a dissociative is absolutely awesome. It leads to a truly deep trip that always takes me to the most strangely beautiful places! It's one of my favorite combos. I've tried many many psychedelics combos as well.

I'm really interested in DPT and have much respect for it, but just haven't had much luck with it yet.

I made a couple attempts to convert the HCl to freebase (with no prior experience in conversion) and also tried insufflation. I'm not interested in using needles.

When I vaporized the freebase it should have been about 35mg each time, but I only got subtle psychedelic effects from it. I'll assume this dose was too low.

When I snorted it, I did one with 50mg about an hour after I first tried vaporizing the freebase. I gave that about an hour until I determined it wouldn't get any stronger, but still had fairly subtle effects. I didn't get any visuals but my vision became sharper and senses heightened a bit. No changes in energy but had a creepy feeling that some presence showed up to say, "Hi", though it was hard to discern.

It gave me congestion in my nasal cavity, along with a bit of numbness that I would compare to snorting cocaine. The numbness lasted a few hours and the congestion about 24 hours.

A couple weeks later I snorted 100mg during the comedown of an ALD-52 trip. I did notice some psychedelic effects that were different from what I was feeling from the lysergamide, but for the most part it just gave me congestion and a headache that lasted for 24 hours.

I'm not sure if the doses were too low for me, or if I really need a long tolerance break before trying this one again, as I don't seem to be very sensitive to it. Either way, I probably won't snort it again.

I'm also interested in trying the oral route, both with and without harmala alkaloids. I've never taken an MAOI so will need to do more research on those and try them independently before mixing with anything in the future, if I decide to ever ingest them.

Has anyone ever combined oral DPT with 5-MeO-MiPT (Moxy)? I've read that Moxy may have MAOI properties to it, so wondering if that would potentiate the DPT?

I may also try the 4-AcO/HO- versions of this, though I would expect those to be different in terms of effects.

Wow it surprises me how weak the effects sound for the dosages you took. Maybe it's super degraded or bad purity? Hows your snorting technique? If a lot of it ended up down your throat and into your digestive system, that would really nullify it. 100mg is a lot to get up your nose..

Other psychedelics work normally on you?

Wow it surprises me how weak the effects sound for the dosages you took. Maybe it's super degraded or bad purity? Hows your snorting technique? If a lot of it ended up down your throat and into your digestive system, that would really nullify it. 100mg is a lot to get up your nose..

Other psychedelics work normally on you?

It occurred to me it may have been a bad batch, or an older batch, though I've never had any issues with other chemicals. I didn't store it for too long before I tried it out, only about a month. I kept it in the original packaging (clear plastic bag inside black mylar bag) inside a fireproof/waterproof safe with an Eva-Dry down in a cool basement.

It was a really fluffy white powder, and looked to be in decent shape.

I did a soft snort on it just to get it in there and experienced no drip. It just hung out in the upper region of my nasal passage and numbed the back of the roof of my mouth. I was also careful when the sniffles started to not breathe in too hard because I didn't want to suck it into my throat.

The only other psychedelic I haven't really gotten strong effects from yet is Metocin. But otherwise everything else has worked normally at the common doses.

I wouldn't suspect storage to be an issue; I've had it stored poorly for extended periods without any notiacable degradation.
Also wouldn't want to jump to conclusions about a bad batch, but who knows...
The highest I ever went was 60mg with a supposedly impure (cinnamon-brown) batch from ages ago. It melted my world for sure.

edit: just remembered that the two times I've taken it up past 20mg, I combo'd it with a very tiny amount of ketamine. A lot of people have good results combining this with dissos, maybe that's the ticket? It was like 10mg or maybe even less.

I took a 70mg intranasal dose of DPT a few days ago and I'm experiencing a truly ecstatic afterglow. Everything feels so different now. When I listen to music or look at psychedelic artwork, I get a strong feeling of something beyond our world, something vast and powerful and important. I feel sober, but at the same time capable of feeling a sense of awe as if I'm at the peak of an acid trip. I'm an atheist, but DPT is a deeply spiritual chemical, there's not a better way I can describe it. It's something truly unique and beautiful. I haven't felt this way in a long time. It's like I tripped for the first time again.

I get why many people dislike DPT, but those people just don't understand it. Yes, the DPT experience can be dark and terrifying and grim and dirty feeling, but that's part of reality. It's inescapable. Only by allowing yourself to accept those things can you transcend them, and then be able to truly accept the magnificent beauty that is ever-present, always surprisingly close by.

This was my third time taking DPT at this kind of dose. The difference is that I had drank alcohol the first two times but was sober this time. Alcohol seems to dull the effects. It was just as "intense" the first two times, maybe even more so in a way, but the experience was far more complex this time. I was finally able to experience the vivid and detailed hallucinations I have read about in trip reports.

That sounds amazing, thanks so much for sharing it. :)

I have to say, in the short time I've now been working more with base tryptamines, one of my favorite effects of theirs by far even more so than anything directly psychedelic is this incredible antidepressant effect that begins in the afterglow and then just extends on and on, and in retrospect I definitely noticed this after other things like my oral MiPT experience too. Just a deeply refreshing, energizing positivity about life that I had been starting to really miss. I still haven't tried DPT yet to compare, but I can only imagine that it'll be similar, if not even deeper based on the reports.... I really feel so lucky to have these molecules in my life right now, they certainly feel like the most healing new (for me) psychoactives I have come across in quite some time. :)

You're definitely making me incredibly excited to try it with your description of it.... This should be the next tryptamine I use for sure, though I may try something like 2C-C as a mellower in-between to help myself really refresh for it, I definitely want to get the full experience as well....