• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Legal & Non-Controlled Stimulants not containing caffeine

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Hey,

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, mods let me know if I am.

I'm NOT ASKING FOR SOURCES. I'm trying to find stimulants which are legal in the U.S. and don't require a prescription or at least are not controlled, basically OTC or available online, that don't contain caffeine.

I really don't think there are any but maybe GNC or stores like that might sell something?

It's weird, but I'm trying to use a stimulant to get off coffee (yes, don't laugh about it, I've done it with dexedrine but have no access now).

However, if there even is such a thing I can't have it interact badly with Klonopin and Prozac which I take.

I've seen sites online advertising sale of things like Dexedrine and Adderall but I'm assuming what they are doing is illegal?

I mean, how could it not be? (Surprised the DEA doesn't crack down on them).

I have heard of Khat, but don't know if it's legal in the U.S.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything like this, let me know, though I doubt it exists...

Kratom (green vein Thai for stim).
Yerba mate

Yerba Mate contains caffeine unless I am incorrect.

I'm considering Kratom, but concerned about the addictive potential.

I've heard Phenlathylamine (spelling?) can do it, but someone said that might be dangerous with Prozac and/or Klonopin.

First of all, let's ask why you are trying to quit caffeine. Any stimulant powerful enough to get you off caffeine will probably be just as strong and/or addictive. What are your reasons for wanting to switch?

First of all, let's ask why you are trying to quit caffeine. Any stimulant powerful enough to get you off caffeine will probably be just as strong and/or addictive. What are your reasons for wanting to switch?

I don't want to switch, I just want to use something for a few days, long enough to get off caffeine or get down to one cup a day, without getting addicted to whatever other stimulant it might be.

Caffeine causes me anxiety, depression, mood swings and messes with my sleep.

That's why I want to quit.

pseudoephedrine hcl
Ephedrine

Hmmm,

I wonder if trying to use either of these for a few days would be a good idea if I could even get some.

Last time I tried pseudoephedrine it made me feel kinda weird.

In the end I'm guessing there's no good legal substitute even for a few days.

Dexedrine worked wonders when I had it.

Does it have to be a stimulant? You could use a strong sativa strain of cannabis.

Also to consider would be Benzedrex inhalers. They contain propylhexedrine. (might be spelled wrong, that's from memory)

Does it have to be a stimulant? You could use a strong sativa strain of cannabis.

Also to consider would be Benzedrex inhalers. They contain propylhexedrine. (might be spelled wrong, that's from memory)

Right now weed isn't a great option for me either for other reasons.

It doesn't have to be a stimulant if it could help me quit.

I did happen to have some benzedrex inhalers fall into my hands if I can find them now, but I heard that stuff is pretty dangerous?

Maybe that's only if used too much/abused?

I don't want to switch, I just want to use something for a few days, long enough to get off caffeine or get down to one cup a day, without getting addicted to whatever other stimulant it might be.

Caffeine causes me anxiety, depression, mood swings and messes with my sleep.

That's why I want to quit.

This is why I'm asking. I would think another stimulant that can substitute for caffeine is likely to have the same effects.

I've quit caffeine a number of times. When I get in the habit of using it every day, I find I can't wake up properly without it, and I hate spending half my day feeling groggy. So I usually either cut down or go cold turkey. But without caffeine, lately I feel like I have no motivation at all, and using a little caffeine every day at least lets me be productive once in a while. So I'm trying to find that balance. Good luck to you.

This is why I'm asking. I would think another stimulant that can substitute for caffeine is likely to have the same effects.

I've quit caffeine a number of times. When I get in the habit of using it every day, I find I can't wake up properly without it, and I hate spending half my day feeling groggy. So I usually either cut down or go cold turkey. But without caffeine, lately I feel like I have no motivation at all, and using a little caffeine every day at least lets me be productive once in a while. So I'm trying to find that balance. Good luck to you.

I know how you feel.

That's why I want to get down to just one cup a day if possible.

Other stimulants might have the same effect, but like I said, I used dexedrine to break the habit without getting addicted to the dex, I just have no way of obtaining it now.

Thanks for the comments.

Are benzedrex inhalers used in moderation really bad for one?

Do you know how long the stimulant effects last?

Can you take it multiple days in a row?

Not that I know of, they're OTC in the US. Not that long, but it's an inhaler so you can use it pretty often. Some people also eat it (not recommended), which lasts way longer. There's a few threads about it, try the search. And yes, you can take it multiple days in a row. But just like all stimulants it's a bad idea to abuse multiple days in a row.

Yohimbe could be an option, but I am hesitant to recommend it because it is one of the worst things I have ever taken. But I do think it serves some well. It gives me high-alert anxiety as if I am being pursued by wolves. Also it causes a sudden onset of muscle aches, which are a much worse version of those caused by amphetamines.

I think sometimes people use L-tyrosine to get off of coffee. Rhodiola rosea is an herb that can offer a rare combo of smooth stimulation and anxiety relief.

With the benxedrex inhalers, you can easily extract what (I think) is a methamphetamine analog. The stimulation, for me, was euphoric the first time I used it. The crash was horrendous, but only revealed itself when I used it on subsequent occasions (dosing once per week.) It is not a focused high like pharmaceutical amphetamine, but scrambled and oversexed. I would say that it is a bad idea, and no, you cannot use it multiple days in a row. Also, if I recall correctly, things got momentarily psychedelic on it, and not in a desirable way. Just that nervous aura that amphetamines can cause.

Yohimbe could be an option, but I am hesitant to recommend it because it is one of the worst things I have ever taken. But I do think it serves some well. It gives me high-alert anxiety as if I am being pursued by wolves. Also it causes a sudden onset of muscle aches, which are a much worse version of those caused by amphetamines.

I think sometimes people use L-tyrosine to get off of coffee. Rhodiola rosea is an herb that can offer a rare combo of smooth stimulation and anxiety relief.

With the benxedrex inhalers, you can easily extract what (I think) is a methamphetamine analog. The stimulation, for me, was euphoric the first time I used it. The crash was horrendous, but only revealed itself when I used it on subsequent occasions (dosing once per week.) It is not a focused high like pharmaceutical amphetamine, but scrambled and oversexed. I would say that it is a bad idea, and no, you cannot use it multiple days in a row. Also, if I recall correctly, things got momentarily psychedelic on it, and not in a desirable way. Just that nervous aura that amphetamines can cause.

I can't take Yohimbe because it's an MAOI and I take Prozac, an SSRI.

That's not to say I didn't once when I was younger, and got all speedy in the way you are talking about, I didn't know better back then but I guess things turned out alright...

I'm thinking the benzedrex might not be the smartest thing to use multiple days in a row which I'd need to.

I figure there must be SOME way to get some dexedrine or Adderall but I don't know where to look...

Is L-Tyrosine the stuff that gets coffee out of your system faster by making it metabolize faster at night?

I heard of something like that but I think it had a different name.

And have you ever actually taken Rhodiala and do you actually feel TRUE stimulation from it in a way that would make you feel more awake if really tired?

Using speed to quit caffeine is like using heroin to cut down on vicodin ... just sayin'.

I know it's strange, and yet it worked for me multiple times to break the caffeine addiction without ever getting addicted to the dexedrine either which I then also stopped.

Problem was, I never stayed off the caffeine, which is the psychological challenge.

I guess, if you just used one or two pills and then quit. Cold turkey from caffeine's not *so* bad - headaches for a couple days and really tired. Works if you can spend a couple days sleeping or just being a couch potato. Usually the reason I start drinking it again is either a particularly busy time when I feel like I need to go with less sleep, or when I just keep craving a drink that doesn't have a decaf version. LOL

I guess, if you just used one or two pills and then quit. Cold turkey from caffeine's not *so* bad - headaches for a couple days and really tired. Works if you can spend a couple days sleeping or just being a couch potato. Usually the reason I start drinking it again is either a particularly busy time when I feel like I need to go with less sleep, or when I just keep craving a drink that doesn't have a decaf version. LOL

For me it really is pretty bad even though that would seem odd to those who have quit hard substances.

My chemical makeup I think just doesn't deal with it well, I get really depressed.

I have actually found the opposite and that I will fail more likely if I just lie around and that lots of activity and exercise is the best thing, both to sweat it out and provide the natural endorphins as a stimulant.

That's really the best option, but what can I say, for some reason that shit is my kryptonite haha.