• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Palcohol???

Why not?

For the sake of HR no not a wise recommendation, but logically, almost same effects with much lower dose.

lol nope.. of course i am :)

was just making a suggestion.. someone eating an ounce of powder to get the effect of a shot of liquor doesn't sound too healthy for one either.
imagine trying to mix and ounce of powder with a glass of water just to have to chug it down when you could have easily took a shot of liquid alcohol.
the whole idea of this powdered alcohol is stupid if you ask me.

not telling people to take said drug, but saying it would have almost the same effects.

lol nope.. of course i am :)

was just making a suggestion.. someone eating an ounce of powder to get the effect of a shot of liquor doesn't sound too healthy for one either.
imagine trying to mix and ounce of powder with a glass of water just to have to chug it down when you could have easily took a shot of liquid alcohol.
the whole idea of this powdered alcohol is stupid if you ask me.

not telling people to take said drug, but saying it would have almost the same effects.

"similar in overdose to barbiturates" makes me stop there. But so alcohol in regular or powdered form.

"Ethanol binds to α7-nAChRs as an agonist, GABA receptor (especially the δ subunit) as a positive allosteric modulator, 5-HT3 receptor agonist, NMDA receptor antagonist, AMPA receptor antagonist, Kainate receptor antagonist, glycine receptor agonist and an inhibitor of potassium, sodium and calcium ion channels. It also appears to cause an increase in dopamine through a poorly understood process that may involve inhibiting the enzyme that breaks dopamine down."

Crazy long profile to match, but I know it depends on the strength of binding.

And I somehow doubt any drug could match the exact feeling of alcohol (including this stuff cause you'll probably feel like a moron in being drunk). Benzos are similar but not really at all, the only thing I can recall that somewhat matched it was butalbital in a compound preparation, but it still lacked certain parts of the feeling of alcohol.

I don't think very many people would enjoy alcohol flavored alcohol...
They make other flavors currently?

In Europe you can buy mixed Beverages with Alcohol in powdered form. You have to mix it with water, if you want to drink it. It's probably Palcohol with flavoring.

In Europe you can buy mixed Beverages with Alcohol in powdered form. You have to mix it with water, if you want to drink it. It's probably Palcohol with flavoring.

Odd. This is an entirely new concept to me, they sell alcohol in premix bags.... but not as a powder. I think the FDA (ATF?) shall step in if it comes up for sale in retail stores, and claim some nonsense about it in powder form - to the relief of every alcohol producer here.

It was approved in the US, then I heard on the radio this morning that they've reversed approval.

The best powdered alcohol would probably be a tertiary alcohol carbamate like 3-methyl-3-pentanol carbamate. No hangover. Much more potent. Only need a gram or 2, but of course there's always GHB. I have an interest in esoteric alcohols for some reason, so I've come up with these three as my top choices for powered alcohol.

The best chemicals in my mind would be (in order):
1. 3-methyl-3-pentanol (or 3-ethyl) carbamate
2. Neopentyl glycol di-carbamate (not sure)
3. Ethchlorvynol without the triple bond and carbamated

The best and probably safest is the 3m3p carbamate because it has been researched for pharmacological use in the drug Emylcamate. At the time it was claimed to be superior to meprobamate. Meprobamate was named Milltown for a reason - it feels a lot like alcohol (it is an alcohol technically). Apparently meprobamate was discovered by accident and they later found out that the propyl part of it actually decreased the potency. So that's why I've chosen Neopentyl glycol d-carb because it's basically meprobamate without the propyl. It's never been used pharamacologically though, so that one may be a bit risky. Then there's the last one - related to ethchlorvynol. It's just powered ethchlorvynol without the triple bond.

A good thing about carbamating is, I think if done well, it should remove all the nasty solventy taste of these chemicals. You might even be able to make chewable flavored tablets with the 3m3p carbamate - not sure though. Probably not a good idea though it'd be fun.

Emylcamate was marketed and prescribed, why the hell are you calling it 3m3p??

Carbamate esters do have advantages, but they're a lot more than prodrugs for the alcohol.

They also have negatives, like being more likely to cause cancer.

And emylcamate is not technically an alcohol. It's technically not that.

Emylcamate was marketed and prescribed, why the hell are you calling it 3m3p??
And emylcamate is not technically an alcohol. It's technically not that.

I was just abbreviating it the way it was done for 2-methyl-2-butanol (2m2b) hence 3-methyl-3-pentanol (3m3p). Why does that bother you? I just meant it is based off of the alcohol, 3-methyl-3-pentanol, not that emylcamate is an alcohol itself.

Carbamate esters do have advantages, but they're a lot more than prodrugs for the alcohol.

They also have negatives, like being more likely to cause cancer.

I know that ethyl carbamate is a known carcinogen, but is that true for all the others as well? Or is it one of those scenarios like how methanol is really toxic, but ethanol is drinkable. Do you have a source to confirm this?

So if what you say is true, then probably the best method would be to use a cyclodextrin on 3-methyl-3-pentanol to make it a powder rather than carbamate. Do you know of any other methods of making a powdered alcohol besides making a carbamate or cyclodextrin?

I know that ethyl carbamate is a known carcinogen, but is that true for all the others as well? Or is it one of those scenarios like how methanol is really toxic, but ethanol is drinkable.

It may well be that only small molecule carbamates are toxic and the larger ones (muscle relaxants etc) are not so.